Vellore Institute of Technology organizes VITEEE which is a university-level engineering entrance exam taken to select the eligible candidates for various B. Tech programs. The selected candidates will get admission to various B.Tech programs that are offered at VIT Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati. The students planning to give this exam can apply now as well, as the last date for VITEEE Registration has been extended till March 22, 2020. The candidates are advised to visit the official website viteee.vit.ac.in to, begin with, the online registration for the VITEEE 2020 exam which will be held on April 13 to 19, 2020.
|Conducting Body||VIT University, Vellore|
|Name of the exam||Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE)|
|Mode of application||Online and offline|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Seats||Almost 5,000|
Important Dates of VITEEE 2020
|Availability of application form||September 27, 2019|
|Final date for filling the application form||March 22, 2020 (extended)|
|Slot booking date||3rd week of March 2020|
|Downloading of VITEEE Admit Card||Post slot booking|
|Exam dates||April 13 to 19, 2020|
|VITEEE Counselling 2020||May 2020|
VITEEE 2020 Registration – Online
The below-mentioned exam registration details are helpful for the candidates to have a better understanding:
- The candidates have to download the online application form by visiting the official website of VIT University.
- The duly completed application form must be filled and submitted on the website only. the candidates have to visit the official website of VIT i.e. vit.ac.in
- After that start with the registration process by confirming your application number and password that was sent through email-id and password
- Start filling the VIT 2020 application form
- After that select the payment mode which can be Net Banking, Credit card, Debit card or Online Wallet as well.
- You are suggested to keep a soft copy of the application for the subsequent future.
VITEEE Registration – Offline Mode
The candidates planning to complete the registration process through offline mode can do so by getting the offline OMR application form from the designated places mentioned at the official website. The duly completed application form must reach the university address through the registered post or speed post only at “Admission Officer, VIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India – 632014”.
VITEEE Registration Fee
- The candidates opting for offline registrations have to pay INR 1,200 as the application fees with DD drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’ along with INR 50 as the fee for Demand Draft.
- While the candidates going for online registrations have to pay INR 1,150 as the application fees.
- For NRI candidates, the application fee is USD 50.
VITEEE 2020 Exam – Eligibility Criteria
The candidates planning to appear for the VITEEE exam must meet the eligibility criteria set by the Vellore Institute of Technology.
- Nationality- The candidates planning to give the exam must be a resident or non-resident Indian National. Foreign students are also allowed to apply under the international students category.
- Educational Qualification- The candidates must have scored a total of 60% marks in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/Biology in their 10+2. The SC/ST candidates or the candidates belonging to Jammu and Kashmir and North Indian states must have an aggregate of 50% in the above-mentioned subjects. The students giving 10+2 exams in 2020 are also allowed to apply for the exam.
- Age Limit- The candidate must be born on or after July 1, 1998 to be eligible for VITEEE 2020.
VITEEE Slot Booking and Exam Centers
Since the VITEEE exam is conducted on several days and in multiple slots, the candidates have the option to select the day of examination and slot as per their convenience. Vellore Institute of Technology will open the Online Test Booking System (OTBS) for booking their preferred slots from the 3rd week of March 2020. The candidates will get an option to select VITEEE 2020 Exam Centers from the 3rd week of March 2020 onwards.
To book the Exam Centre and slot, the candidates must follow the following guidelines:
- First of all, visit the official website of VIT and select the option “Book a seat”.
- After that, choose your state and city for the test.
- Now, select the test center and time slot as per your convenience.
- Now, click on the icon “Book” so that your slot booking can be confirmed.
Points to remember before slot booking
- Since the slot booking is done on the basis of first come first serve basis, it is advised to complete this step at the earliest.
- Also, VITEEE OTBS is a real-time application and the booking window will be available for 1 minute only which means that the candidates have to complete their particulars within the given time period only.
- The candidates are allowed to select the slot once; no further changes will be entertained by VIT authorities.
VITEEE Admit Card 2020
Once the slot booking has been confirmed, the VITEEE Admit Card/Hall Ticket will be generated automatically.
- The admit card will be offered to the students in the 3rd week of March 2020.
- The candidates can download the admit card through the official website.
- It is important to carry the admit card along with original photo ID proof while visiting the exam center.
- The admit card of the VITEEE exam carries important information like the candidate’s name, roll number, allotted exam date, time and exam center.
- It is suggested that the candidates must cross-check all the details mentioned in the admit card so that if there is any discrepancy, they can contact the VIT campus at the earliest.
VITEEE Form Correction
The candidates giving the exam will be allowed to make changes in their online application form. The corrections can be made only in case any kind of error occurred at the time of filling the form.
- First of all visit the official website of VIT University and log in using the registered email id and password.
- After that, the candidates have to click on the edit button to begin with the corrections.
- The candidates will be allowed to make modifications wherever necessary.
- After that, save the changes that are made in the application form.
- It is advised to download the edited application form and keep it for future use.
Note: The candidates who have applied for the exam through offline mode are not allowed to make any corrections later. However, they can take the help of the authority by contacting them at the address or helpline number mentioned on the site.
VITEEE Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of VITEEE 2020 has been revised recently and from this year onwards, the question paper will include 5 sections rather than 4. Also, the newly added aptitude section will include 10 questions. The detailed information regarding the exam pattern provided below will help the students to stay updated with VITEEE Exam Pattern 2020.
- Mode of the exam: The exam will be computer-based.
- Duration: The time limit of the exam is 2.5 hours (2 hours 30 minutes).
- Language of examination: English
- Total Questions: A total of 125 questions will be there in the exam.
- Marking Pattern: The candidates will get 1 mark on each right attempt while there will be no negative marking on the wrong attempt.
- Paper Sections: Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology, English, Aptitude
VITEEE 2020 Syllabus
The question paper will include 125 MCQs that will come from 5 different subjects. The candidates must prepare for the subjects thoroughly in order to secure a good score in the exam. The syllabus of VITEEE 2020 includes the curriculum of class 11th and 12th (science stream) which is almost the same as CBSE and Tamil Nadu State Board of Higher Secondary. Few of the topics that are important from the exam point of view are:
Syllabus for Mathematics – Trigonometry and Complex Numbers, Analytical geometry of two dimensions, Vector Algebra, Differential Equations, Probability Distributions and Discrete Mathematics
Syllabus for Biology – Taxonomy, Cell and Molecular Biology, Plant Physiology, Biochemistry, Human Physiology, Biotechnology and its applications, Biodiversity and Ecology and Environment
Syllabus for Chemistry – Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics, Alcohols and Ethers, Carbonyl Compounds, Carbohydrates – Distinction, Amino acids and Lipid
Syllabus for Physics – Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Optics, Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics and Nuclear Physics Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
Syllabus for Aptitude – Time and Work, Directions, Puzzles, Blood Relations, Series, Coding-Decoding, Rank and Order, Verbal and Logical Reasoning, among other important topics.
Syllabus for English – Reading Comprehension, Grammar and Vocabulary
VITEEE Result 2020
The results of the VITEEE exam are anticipated to be announced during the last week of April 2020. The merit list will be prepared according to the total marks obtained by the candidates in the VITEEE 2020. While announcing the VITEEE Result, the rank of each candidate will be communicated through an SMS to their registered mobile number.
Equating Methodology/Normalization will be adopted to prepare the VITEEE 2020 Result. This is a statistical process which is preferred for standardizing the scores of the test. So to arrive at a fair comparison while preparing the merit list and ranking of candidates, the equating method is considered in order to adjust the scores of the candidates who have opted for different question paper sets.
While the statistical procedure used for calculating the percentile ranks of the candidates is Equipercentile Equating. It offers a generalised rank for the candidate for different forms or numbers of candidates. This is a unique and invariant position of a candidate in a particular group.
VITEEE Counselling 2020
Post the declaration of the results, VITEEE Counselling will start which is expected to be held in the third week of May 2020. The counselling process will be divided into 2 phases namely – Phase 1 and Phase 2. The Phase 1 Counselling will start in May while the dates for Phase 2 counselling for other rank holders will be announced later. 3rd phase of counselling can also be conducted in case few seats are left. The candidates have the option to select their choice of course amongst the courses that are granted by VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Bhopal, and VIT Amaravati at the time of Counselling. The courses selected will be based on the merit and availability of seats.
Documents given below are needed at the time of VITEEE Counselling 2020 –
- E-admit card
- VITEEE Result copy
- Class 10th Board Certificate which will be considered as DOB proof or any age proof document
- Mark sheet of the qualifying exam
- Community certificate (SC/ST category)
- Nativity certificate (it is for the candidates that belong to J&K, NE states – Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura).
- Also, a demand draft worth INR 30,000 drawn in favour of “VIT University” at the time of counselling.
Note: The fee which is deposited at the time of counselling also includes INR 10,000 towards counselling fee which shall not be refunded. The candidates who are unable to deposit the fee at the time of counselling will not be allowed to take part in this counselling.
The exam cutoff of VITEEE will be based on different components like the number of students appearing for VITEEE, availability of total seats, level of difficulty in the exam, the average performance by the students, among many others. The cutoff list of all the campuses will be announced separately, which will be based on the availability of seats in the form of opening and closing ranks for admission to various courses in engineering.
The table below shows the expected cutoff for VITEEE 2020:-
|Marks Obtained in VITEEE 2020||Expected Rank Range|
|113 — 117||500 -250|
|90 — 113||2,500 – 501|
|81 — 90||5,000 -2,501|
|72 — 81||5,001 – 6,500|
|60 — 72||6,501 – 8,500|
|43 — 60||8,501 – 11,000|
|31 — 43||15,001 -20,000|
|Less than 31||20,000|
VITEEE Fee Structure 2020
The courses in VIT are segregated into two groups including Group A and B. The complete fees for the courses in Group A is INR 176000 while the students opting for the Group B courses need to pay INR 198000 as course fees. Do note that the hostel fee is charged separately.
Some useful Preparation Tips
- The first step to begin with the preparation for the VITEEE exam is to prepare a time table and ensure that you stick to it. The students must pay detailed focus on learning the concepts in a more elaborate way.
- Start practising more sample papers so that you can become familiar with the exam pattern and about the latest changes that have been introduced in the exam.
- Try and solve more questions of different styles and attempt more mock tests to train you in completing the exam within the time limit.
- Since the VITEEE exam is just a few days away, it is important that you stay focused and don’t lose your self-confidence. With utmost dedication, one can easily deliver his/her best in the exam.
VITEEE is a prestigious exam allowing the candidates to get admission to B.Tech programs offered at VIT Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati. VIT is accredited by renowned companies like TCS, Wipro and Cognizant and offers attractive placements to the students post completing their course from the university. So all those aspirants planning to give VITEEE exam must pull up their socks and start studying dedicatedly so that they can chase their vision of working in a multinational corporation, earning name and fame for themselves and for their family as well.