Last updated on December 9th, 2020 at 06:15 pm
University of Hyderabad (or UoH) was awarded as the Best Central University in India in 2015. It offers B.Tech, Integrated courses, MPhil and PhD programs under different specializations. University of Hyderabad is one of the top GFTIs and India’s top notch research institute which has been recognized internationally. It is well known for its affordable world-class education.
- The Institution has been accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ Grade proving it to be one of the best Institutions to get your degree from.
- University of Hyderabad ranking was 4th in India by NIRF, 3rd rank for Mass Communication by India Today and 4th rank among best universities in India by The Week
- The University of Hyderabad also provides scholarships to those who are exemplary, praiseworthy and deserving. The total number of faculties are approximately 400.
University of Hyderabad Highlights
|Year of Establishment||1974|
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, MPhil, PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exams like JEE Main, GATE etc.|
|Application Mode||Online Admission|
University of Hyderabad: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main
Students are accepted into the B.Tech, Dual Degree and Integrated programmes based on their scores and JEE Main Results. Application filling and admission processes are entirely online through JoSAA Counselling only.
B.Tech Courses Offered
University of Hyderabad offers an Integrated B.Tech +M.Tech course in Computer Science. This integrated course is for 5 years and provides a dual degree in Computer Science.
Eligibility criteria :
- Students must have cleared a 10+2 exam with minimum 75% for GEN and OBC-NCL category and 65% aggregate for SC,ST and PWD from a recognized board(CBSE, ICSE, SSC etc) and stream.
University of Hyderabad Cut Off for B.Tech + M.Tech Courses
Given below are general category Hyderabad university cut off ranks from round 6 of counselling from the year 2019 and 2020.
|Programs||JEE Main Cut Off (Opening – Closing) for 2019||JEE Main Cut Off (Opening – Closing) for 2020|
|B.Tech + M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering||8116-15350||10632-16736|
Study at University of Hyderabad during COVID-19
The university is taking proper steps to combat with COVID-19 so that students can attend classes on campus as soon as possible.
- University of Hyderabad has appointed designated task forces amidst the Pandemic to carry out smooth admission and examination procedures.
- The task force also examined the scheduling and mode of the University’s entrance examination held across the country for admission to its graduate, post-graduate and research programs.
- The group recommended appropriate measures to upgrade the institution’s ICT infrastructure to be compatible with online education. The task force will remain operational until December 31 this year as per the recent guidelines.
- NIT Delhi Fee Structure 2020-21
- Why Opting NIT Trichy After JEE Main Is A Decent Alternative To IITs?
Why Choose University of Hyderabad?
There are always valid reasons to choose University of Hyderabad over any other institution. University of Hyderabad provides a wide range of subject choices especially for those who want to pursue dual degrees and also who want to complete their MPhil and PhD.
- The University of Hyderabad campus provides extensive opportunities for those who not only want to focus on studies but also focus on their extracurricular activities.
- Along with a large and beautiful campus, it also provides world class facilities and affordable education to those who are in need.
- Students can be a part of cultural activities and thus have numerous ways to get to know different Indian Culture with which they are not so familiar.
- Nevertheless, University of Hyderabad has the best Student-Teacher proportion.
- University of Hyderabad also provides on-campus accommodation facilities at affordable rates.
University of Hyderabad Cut Off 2020 for B.Tech Specializations
University of Hyderabad announces its cut off & merit list for various courses to get admission in UG & PG programs every year.
- University of Hyderabad Cut Offs will be determined based on the reservation categories and the seats available in each of the affiliated colleges
- The cut off ranks from official JoSAA Round 6, with opening and closing ranks are given below.
B.Tech + M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR- CR)|
Faculty at University of Hyderabad
School of Computer and Information Sciences (SCIS), University of Hyderabad has highly qualified and well qualified faculty members. The institute has large and diverse faculty members.
- Most of the faculty members are PhD scholars conducting top-notch research in their respective fields. Each faculty member from every department acts as an excellent mentor and guides students in every possible way.
- Each staff member is being conferred with multiple awards at the national and international level.
- The faculty members of University of Hyderabad consist of dean, professors, assistant professors, and others.
- The faculty to student ratio at the SCIS is also good at around 1:8 showing the institute only takes a limited number of students to provide adequate attention to academics.
Various Facilities Provided at University of Hyderabad
University of Hyderabad campus is spread across a land of approx 2300 acres consisting of a large diversity of flora and fauna. Along with that University of Hyderabad campus provides a wide range of facilities like On campus separate hostels for male and female students, gym facilities, spacious computer laboratories, department wise laboratories to carry out work hassle free, IGM Library consisting of all the kind of books a student needs.
- University of Hyderabad provides facilities for games, sports and recreational activities like a multipurpose playground for cricket, football, volleyball, badminton, tennis and basketball tournaments.
- Along with these we also have indoor stadiums where students can play sports and games like Chess, carrom and table-tennis.
- University of Hyderabad is also a member of the Inter‑University Sports Board of India and its teams participate in zonal and all India Inter‑University tournaments regularly.
- Thus, students who are more inclined to sports can always participate in both intramural and extramural competitions throughout the year.
- Medical Facilities:
- The Health Centre present at University of Hyderabad provides primary health care and emergency medical services 24x7x365.
- Pharmacy provides medicines to the Health Centre dependents at free of cost from 9 am. to 5.30 pm. on all working days.
- The Health Centre of UoH has two functioning ambulances of which one ambulance working on 3 shifts 24x7x365 day.
- Additional Facilities:
- Students can also utilise the facility to use the Computer centre which provides wide range of facilities like web-based eMail application, Internet security system, Anti-Virus application, Network services supporting up to the Distribution switch level, ADSL Modems, and Wi-Fi services who are working on their assignments, along with printing, scanning & Xerox facilities.
University of Hyderabad Placements
The overall placement record of University of Hyderabad is excellent. The University management is really student friendly and they are always aware of the student’s needs owing to the placement coordinators, Dean and the faculties.
The University of Hyderabad recruitment statistics are as follows:
|Placement Ratings||3.5/ 5|
|Highest package offered||10 LPA|
|Median Salary offered||6.6 LPA|
University of Hyderabad Scholarships Offered
The Scholarship provided by University of Hyderabad is strictly merit based. The University also accepts various government scholarships as mentioned below:
- Govt of India’s-
- National Merit Scholarship
- Post Matric Scholarships for SC/ST students
- Scholarships for non Hindi speaking students for Post Matric studies in Hindi
- Scholarships for physically handicapped
- Scholarships for ex-servicemen/freedom Fighters’ children
- Andhra Pradesh Govt.’s
- EPP Scholarships
- State Merit Scholarships
- Listed Backward Classes Scholarships
- Scholarships for the children of deceased Govt. servants who died while in service.
University of Hyderabad Fee Structure for B.Tech + M.Tech Computer Science Course
Please find below University of Hyderabad fees to be followed by students who are going to apply for an Integrated B.Tech+M.Tech Computer Science Course. Kindly note that the below mentioned fees is for General Category students. The fees amount is subjected to change with different categories and scholarships.
|Other fees – One Time (During Admission)||19000|
University of Hyderabad FAQs
Last updated on December 9th, 2020 at 05:03 pm
Ans: University of Hyderabad does not offer B.Tech but offers an Integrated 5 year B.Tech+M.Tech course in Computer Science.
Ans: Yes. The university provides separate hostel facilities (Food & Lodging) for male and female candidates along with guest houses at affordable rates.
Last updated on November 21st, 2020 at 03:29 pm
Ans: Candidates willing to take admission in B.Tech Program at UoH would need to apply for and qualify the JEE Main exam. Admissions to all the B.Tech programs are strictly done on the basis of JEE Main score.