University of Hyderabad (or UoH) was established in 1974, which had also been awarded with the Best Central University in India in 2015. It offers B.Tech, Integrated courses, MPhil and PhD programs under different specializations.
- Hyderabad University is one of the top GFTIs and India’s top-notch research institute which has been recognized internationally. It is well known for its affordable world-class education.
- The Institution has been accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ Grade proving it to be one of the best Institutions to get your degree from.
- The institute provides a wide range of engineering degree programs for those students who want to pursue their Bachelor’s in Engineering, Science and Technology like Computer Science, Mathematics, Biotechnology and many more.
- According to 2019 rankings, it has been ranked as 4th best university in India by NIRF, 3rd rank for Mass Communication by India Today and 4th rank among best universities in India by The Week
- The University takes B.Tech admissions on the basis of JEE Main scores only.
- Admission in these 5 Specializations under B. Tech course is based on the seat allocation made via JoSAA Counselling.
- The University of Hyderabad also provides scholarships to those who are exemplary, praiseworthy and deserving. The total number of faculties are approximately 400.
University of Hyderabad Highlights
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, MPhil, PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exams like JEE Main, GATE etc.|
|Application Mode||Online Admission|
University of Hyderabad: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
The University of Hyderabad offers B.Tech. + M.Tech degree course in the field of Computer Science. Students are accepted into the B.Tech, Dual Degree and Integrated programmes based on their scores and JEE Main Results. Application filling and admission processes are entirely online through JoSAA Counselling only.
B.Tech Courses Offered
Hyderabad University offers an Integrated B.Tech +M.Tech course in Computer Science. This integrated course is for 5 years and provides a dual degree.
The Eligibility criteria are:
- Students must have cleared a 10+2 exam with minimum 75% for GEN and OBC-NCL category and 65% aggregate for SC, ST and PWD from a recognized board(CBSE, ICSE, SSC etc) and stream.
Admission Process Via JEE Main
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is responsible for getting the students their seats in University of Hyderabad. Students who have appeared for JEE Main have to keep some factors in mind while applying for the University of Hyderabad.
- Once the applications come in, the process of seat allocation will be conducted in seven rounds.
- The students will then have to pay an acceptance fee, in order to accept the seat provisionally. If you fit in the eligibility criteria for B. Tech, you will get in the institution quite easily.
University of Hyderabad Cut Off for B.Tech + M.Tech Courses
Given below are general category cut off ranks from round 7 of counselling from the year 2018 and 2019.
|Programs||JEE Main Cut Off (Opening – Closing) for 2019||JEE Main Cut Off (Opening – Closing) for 2018|
|B.Tech + M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering||8116-15350||4257-11455|
Study at University of Hyderabad during COVID-19
The university is taking proper steps to combat COVID-19 so that students can attend classes on campus as soon as possible.
- For examinations to be held at the end of semesters, Universities are advised to adopt alternative and simplified examinations, including reducing the time from 3 hours to 2 hours. Exams may be held in offline/online mode.
- Hyderabad University has appointed designated task forces amidst the Pandemic to carry out smooth admission and examination procedures.
- The task force will also be examining the scheduling and mode of the University’s entrance examination held across the country for admission to its graduate, post-graduate and research programs.
- The group will recommend appropriate measures to upgrade the institution’s ICT infrastructure to be compatible with online education. The task force will remain operational until December 31 this year as per the recent guidelines.
Why Choose University of Hyderabad?
There are always valid reasons to choose the University of Hyderabad over any other institution. University of Hyderabad provides a wide range of subject choices especially for those who want to pursue dual degrees and also who want to complete their MPhil and PhD.
- The campus of Hyderabad University provides extensive opportunities for those who not only want to focus on studies but also focus on their extracurricular activities.
- Along with a large and beautiful campus, it also provides world-class facilities and affordable education to those who are in need.
- Students can be a part of cultural activities and thus have numerous ways to get to know different Indian Culture with which they are not so familiar.
- Nevertheless, University of Hyderabad has proven to be an ‘A’ grade university by NAAC score. It has the best Student-Teacher proportion.
- UoH also provides on-campus accommodation facilities at affordable rates.
University of Hyderabad Cut Off For B.Tech Specializations
University of Hyderabad announces its cut off & merit list for various courses to get admission in UG & PG programs every year.
- University of Hyderabad Cut Offs will be determined based on the reservation categories and the seats available in each of the affiliated colleges
- The cut off ranks from official JoSAA Round 7, with opening and closing ranks are given below.
B.Tech + M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR- CR)|
|EWS||2200 – 2200|
|General PwD||311- 311|
Faculty at University of Hyderabad
School of Computer and Information Sciences (SCIS), University of Hyderabad has highly qualified and well-qualified faculty members. The institute has large and diverse faculty members.
- Most of the faculty members are PhD scholars conducting top-notch research in their respective fields. Each faculty member from every department acts as an excellent mentor and guides students in every possible way.
- Each staff member is being conferred with multiple awards at the national and international level.
- The faculty members of the University of Hyderabad consist of dean, professors, assistant professors, and others.
- The faculty to student ratio at the SCIS is also good at around 1:8 showing the institute only takes a limited number of students to provide adequate attention to academics.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021 Will Be Conducted In More Regional Languages, Says Education Minister
- Opening and Closing Ranks (2020) for Round 1 Counselling Released By JoSAA; Check Details
- JoSAA Releases Updated Instructions For Online Verification & Change of Willingness
- JoSAA Counselling 2020: Second Mock Seat Allotment Released, Registrations End Tomorrow
- Candidates Will Get Another Chance Directly in JEE Advanced 2021 Due To COVID-19
Various Facilities Provided at University of Hyderabad
University of Hyderabad is spread across a land of approx 2300 acres consisting a large diversity of flora and fauna within the campus, along with that University of Hyderabad campus provides a wide range of facilities like On-campus separate hostels for male and female students, gym facilities, spacious computer laboratories, department wise laboratories to carry out work hassle-free, IGM Library consisting of all the kind of books a student needs.
- It provides facilities for games, sports and recreational activities like a multipurpose playground for cricket, football, volleyball, badminton, tennis and basketball tournaments. Along with these we also have indoor stadiums where students can play sports and games like Chess, carrom and table-tennis.
- It is also a member of the Inter‑University Sports Board of India and its teams participate in zonal and all India Inter‑University tournaments regularly. Thus, students who are more inclined to sports can always participate in both intramural and extramural competitions throughout the year.
- The Health Centre present at University of Hyderabad provides primary health care and emergency medical services 24x7x365. The pharmacy provides medicines to the Health Centre dependents at free of cost from 9 am. to 5.30 pm. on all working days.
- The Health Centre of UoH has two functioning ambulances of which one ambulance working on 3 shifts 24x7x365 day.
- Students can also utilise the facility to use the Computer centre which provides a wide range of facilities like web-based eMail application, Internet security system, Anti-Virus application, Network services supporting up to the Distribution switch level, ADSL Modems, and Wi-Fi services who are working on their assignments, along with printing, scanning & Xerox facilities.
University of Hyderabad: Placement Report
The overall placement record of the University of Hyderabad is excellent. The University/College management is really student-friendly and they are always aware of the student’s needs owing to the placement coordinators, Dean and the faculties.
The placement statistics of the University are as follows:
|Placement Ratings||3.5/ 5|
|Highest package offered||10 LPA|
|Median Salary offered||6.6 LPA|
Scholarships Offered by University of Hyderabad
The Scholarship provided by the University of Hyderabad is strictly merit-based. The University also accepts various government scholarships as mentioned below:
- Govt of India’s-
- National Merit Scholarship
- Post Matric Scholarships for SC/ST students
- Scholarships for non-Hindi speaking students for Post Matric Studies in Hindi
- Scholarships for physically handicapped
- Scholarships for ex-servicemen/freedom Fighters’ children
- Andhra Pradesh Govt.’s
- EPP Scholarships
- State Merit Scholarships
- Listed Backward Classes Scholarships
- Scholarships for the children of deceased Govt. servants who died while in service.
Fee Structure at University of Hyderabad
Please find below fee structure to be followed by students who are going to apply for an Integrated B.Tech+M.Tech Computer Science Course is a grand total of ₹2.03 LAKHS for 5 years. Kindly note that the below-mentioned fees is for General Category students. The fees amount is subjected to change with different categories and scholarships.
|Other fees – One Time (During Admission)||19000|
|All Other Expenses||5340|
University of Hyderabad FAQs
Ans: Being famous for its M.Tech, MSc, PhD courses, the UoH provides an Integrated 5 years course in Computer Science.
Ans: Yes. The university provides separate hostel facilities (Food & Lodging) for male and female candidates along with guest houses at affordable rates.
Ans: Candidates willing to take admission in B.Tech Program at UoH would need to apply for and qualify the JEE Main exam. Admissions to all the B.Tech programs are strictly done on the basis of JEE Main score.