Last updated on April 26th, 2021 at 11:09 am
Terna Medical College located in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra is an educational medical institute recognized by the Medical Council of India and affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Science.
It was established in the year 1991 and is known for its excellent quality of education and nurturing atmosphere.
It provides an undergraduate (MBBS) course with an intake capacity of 100 students per year. It also provides a postgraduate MD course in community medicine with an intake capacity of 3 students per year.
Terna Medical College Highlights
|Courses||MBBS & MD|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Based and Entrance Test|
|Application Mode||Offline by visiting the college|
|Recognized by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Affiliations||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences|
Terna Medical College Rankings & Awards
- 1st Prize: WBW & BPNI, Medical Intercollegiate Street play Competition.
- 3rd Prize: WBW & BPNI, Medical Intercollegiate poster competition in Doctor’s Category.
- 3rd Prize: WBW & BPNI, Medical Intercollegiate poster competition in Para- Medicals Category.
Terna Medical College Courses
Terna Medical College offers an undergraduate MBBS course and a postgraduate MD course. The intake capacity of the college is limited and admission depends on merit and performance in entrance tests.
Here is a look into the course details:
Terna Medical College Admissions
Admission into Terna Medical College is based on merit and certain other factors which are as follows:
- The candidate must have opted for Physics, Chemistry and Biology in their intermediate (10 + 2) exam
- The candidate must have scored at least 50% in the above subjects.
- The candidate must appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) and must secure marks above the cut-off to be eligible for admission.
- The candidate must be either 17 years of age on or before 31st December to be eligible for admission into MBBS.
The reservation at Terna Medical College is as follows:
- NRI Quota – 15% of total seats with minimum passing percentage as 50% in PCB
- SC/ST candidates are given 5% relief in percentage
The application for admission into Terna Medical College has to be done offline by visiting the campus.
How to Apply?
Here is the procedure to do so:
- The application form can be downloaded from the website of the college or by visiting the college in person
- Candidates should make a DD of INR 500 in favour of Dean/ Principal of Terna Medical College (TMC)
- The form has to be submitted with necessary documents and the DD to the college address.
- Shortlisted students are informed based on their performance in the entrance exam
- These students can secure their seats for final admission
Here is a list of documents required at the time of admission:
Submit 1 Original Set and 3 Sets of Attested Xerox Copies of each Document in the following sequence:
All Original documents to be scanned separately in pen drive.
- Indian Nationality Certificate
- Domicile Certificate issued by District Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/ Addl. District Magistrate or Competent Authority for issue of such certificate.
- Nationality certificate issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for issue of such certificate)/ valid Indian passport /School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12th Std. indicating the nationality of the candidate as ‘Indian’.
- SSC (or equivalent) passing certificate (for Date of Birth)
- H.S.C. (or equivalent) examination mark sheet
- NEET -UG 2019 Mark-sheet
- NEET -UG 2020 Admit card
- Copy of Online Application Form (Latest) filled on www.mahacet.org
- Medical Fitness Certificate ( as per NEET-UG-2020 Brochure )
- Gap Certificate
- Caste Certificate, Caste Validity Certificate, Non-Creamy Layer (Applicable for Reserved category students)
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer certificate / Leaving certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhar card (Xerox copy self-attested )
- Undertaking on Rs.100/- stamp paper duly signed before the Notary for yearly payment of fees on due date – For format click here
- Undertaking for Anti ragging ACT on Rs.100 stamp paper duly signed before the Notary.
- Character Certificate issued by the Principal of last school / junior College attended mentioning the status of his/her behavioural pattern especially in terms as to whether he/she has displayed persistent violent or aggressive behaviour or any desire to harm others. (As per provision made in clause 4 of Anti Ragging Rules /Act.)
- 4 Passport size Photographs.
Terna Medical College Facilities
- Hostel: The hostel facility is provided for both boys and girls from different cities. It is neat and clean and has all basic amenities for a comfortable stay. The rooms are well lit and ventilated and have full time warm water supply. The boy’s hostel capacity is 189 and the girl’s hostel capacity is 186.
- Library: The library has over 10908 books and 2527 periodicals in stock for students and staff to access. It is updated every year to make sure all the latest journals and research papers are available. It is well lit and well ventilated. The college also has a digital library to make resources easily available through a single window. This is funded through the Ministry of Education.
- Medical Facilities: The College has a hospital of its own and also has medical facilities available on campus for students.
Terna Medical College Faculty
The college has a well-qualified and knowledgeable panel of department heads as well as other professors and non-teaching staff.
|Dr. Sunil Petkar||Dean||–|
|Dr. Parag Sharma||Medical Superintendent||–|
|Dr. S.D. Gangane||Professor & Head||Dept. of Anatomy|
|Dr. S. S. Chalak||Professor & Head||Dept.of Physiology|
|Dr. S.S. Deshpande||Professor & Head||Dept.of Biochemistry|
|Dr. V.V. Wase||Professor & Head||Dept.of FMT|
|Dr. Shanu Srivastava||Professor & Head||Dept.of Pathology|
|Dr. Anjali Otiv||Professor & Head||Dept.of Paediatrics|
|Dr. Sangeeta Sukumaran||Professor & Head||Dept.of Pharmacology|
|Dr. R Saraswati Jayanthi||Professor & Head||Dept. of Microbiology|
|Dr. Ashok Jain||Professor & Head||Dept.of Dermatology|
|Dr. Padmaja Kanchi||Associate Professor||Dept.of P.S.M|
|Dr. D. M. Belekar||Professor & Head||Dept.of Surgery|
|Dr. Deepa Kala||Professor & Head||Dept.of OBST. & Gynaec|
|Dr. Atul Patil||Professor & Head||Dept.of Orthopaedics|
Terna Medical College FAQs
Last updated on April 26th, 2021 at 11:05 am
Ans: Admission into Terna Medical College depends on merit and performance in NEET. The candidates are selected based on their NEET score and are called for final admission accordingly.
Last updated on April 26th, 2021 at 11:06 am
Ans: The college has on-campus hostel facilities for boys and girls.
Last updated on April 26th, 2021 at 11:06 am
Ans: The application form can be obtained by visiting the campus.
Last updated on April 26th, 2021 at 11:07 am
Ans: The college takes 3 students for MD (Community Medicine) each year.
Last updated on April 26th, 2021 at 11:08 am
Ans: The college was established in 1991 and is around 30 years old.