Home » Posts tagged 'Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar'
Tag Archives: Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar
Last updated on August 31st, 2021
The Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, was established in 1987 with the signing of a “social contract” between the Society of Jesuits and the Government of Orissa. Located in the fast-paced city of Bhubaneswar, XIM Bhubaneswar offers 4 postgraduate programs and two doctoral programs (a full-time PhD and a part-time PhD).
Eligibility for the postgraduate courses is a minimum of 55% marks in a (three-year) undergraduate degree awarded by a recognized university. Students in the final term of their bachelor’s degree may also apply. The selection for admission to all courses is merit-based.
XIMB, Bhubaneswar is one of India’s most well-respected B-schools, being ranked 6st by OUTLOOK in 2019. Admission to XIMB is highly competitive, and the median salary after post-graduation here is INR 15 Lakhs per Annum.
XIMB, Bhubaneswar has a powerful exchange program, with Universities such as the University of Stellenbosch, the Warsaw School of Economics, New York Fordham University, and Antwerp Management School, among others.
XIM Bhubaneswar Highlights
|Established | Type||1987 | Private B-School|
|Approved By||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated To||Xavier University|
|Courses Offered||5 Courses across 1 Stream|
|Popular Courses||MBA, EMBA|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Examination|
|Entrance Exams||CAT/ GMAT/ XAT/ XGMT/ XRAT|
|Application Mode||Online (now closed)|
|Campus Area||20 acres|
|Top recruiters||PwC, Brillio, Deloitte, ICICI Bank|
XIMB is one of India’s top management colleges, and as such, has an extremely tough entrance program. XIM Bhubaneswar’s campus covers a sprawling 20 acres, which is quite impressive in a modern city such as Bhubaneswar.
For now, the institute has closed all of its admissions-related processes and is in the process of selecting candidates for entry to its various programs. XIMB has a total authorized PGP intake of around 600 each year and a placement rate of 100%, including their summer internships program.
XIM Bhubaneswar Ranking
- XIM Bhubaneswar is a top-pick for many potential candidates. It has consistently been ranked very high across various spectrums: In 2018, XIMB was ranked 10th/100 by the OUTLOOK management Business School survey; and this rank jumped to 6th/100 in 2019.
- XIM Bhubaneswar has been ranked 10th by the Business World B-School Survey, 2018.
- XIMB has also been ranked 7th by The Week-Hansa Survey in 2018.
This shows that XIMB consistently places in the top 10 percent of B-Schools in India and would thus be a fantastic place to study.
XIM Bhubaneswar Courses
XIM Bhubaneswar Admissions
XIMB’s admission process is outlined as under:
- Applications are accepted online only.
- Candidates would have to register and create an account on the College website.
- They would then have to fill out personal and educational details and outline any relevant experience.
- Registration fees of INR 1450/- would have to be paid.
- XIM Bhubaneswar has no sectional reservation.
- XIM Bhubaneswar has a 50% reservation for the domicile of Orissa.
- XIMB does not publish CAT cut-off scores. However, successful candidates from 2018 and 2019 have had a median overall score of 92% on the CAT.
- The median XAT score for successful applicants at XIMB was 93%.
XIM Bhubaneswar Placements
- The highest International salary package last year was INR 58.22 Lakhs per Annum CTC.
- XIM Bhubaneswar has a 100% placement rate.
- The average placement salary for postgraduates from XIMB was INR 15.42 Lakhs.
- The best domestic CTC stood at INR 26 Lakhs per annum.
XIM Bhubaneswar Scholarships
XIM Bhubaneswar has no in-house scholarships, grants, bursaries, or other means of financial assistance for its postgraduate students. However, they can accept scholarships from other institutions or take an education loan if they so desire.
Full-time Ph.D. scholars at XIM Bhubaneshwar do not have to pay any fees other than a 20,000 fully refundable INR deposit. Part-Time Ph.D. students, however, do have to pay course fees of around 3,00,000 INR.
XIM Bhubaneswar Facilities
- Modernized Library: XIMB boasts a three-story library stocked with books, research papers, audiobooks, working papers, journals, dissertations, periodicals, and a vast international online database.
- Classrooms: All classrooms at XIM Bhubaneswar are fully equipped to handle the load of 21st-century teaching, with modern smart class displays, overhead projectors, air-conditioning, computers, and Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Hostel: ALL students at XIMB are required to reside on campus. Students are housed across comfortable quarters, and men and women are not housed in the same buildings.
XIM Bhubaneswar Faculty
XIM Bhubaneswar has highly experienced faculty members who have each had years of industry experience across several fields. Most of XIMB’s core faculty hold doctorate-level (Ph.D.) degrees. Aside from this, XIMB also has several adjunct faculty and a prominent visiting faculty system. The faculty at XIMB includes alumni from The University of Texas, Kobe University, IIM Bangalore, IIT Kanpur, The Norwegian University of Science and Technology, and Michigan State University.
Last updated on May 1st, 2021
Ans: Definitely, XIM Bhubaneshwar boasts a 100% placement rate, a median salary of 15 Lakhs, an average salary of 15.5 Lakhs, and their highest salary packages can go as high as 60 Lakhs. This means that you will effectively earn your course fees back in two years, even if you get a CTC package on the lower end of the spectrum.
Last updated on May 1st, 2021
Yes. XIM has 2 campuses; The old one is called XIMB, and the new campus is named XUB.
Last updated on May 1st, 2021
Ans: After your MBA here, you can expect an average salary of somewhere around INR 15 Lakhs per Annum (LPA).