Home » Posts tagged 'Visvesvaraya Technological University Admission'
Tag Archives: Visvesvaraya Technological University Admission
Last updated on August 31st, 2021 by Ahana Bhaduri
VTU has announced its commencement of the 4th semester of MBA 2022-2021. The open Elective Subjects syllabus in B.E. in Biotechnology of 2018 has been updated. Two new subjects have been added in the B.E. in Civil Engineering course as well. Lastly, the calendar for the 1st Semester of PG programs 2020-21 has been revised.
Below mentioned are some key points about VTU
- · The selection in PhD program is based on VTU ETR
- · Pre-registration interview performance is also considered
First year students of B. Tech/B.E./B. Arch examinations scheduled from April 19, 2021, will be conducted according to the notified timetable.
VTU Important Dates
|GATE Result Date||March 19, 2021|
|Start of the KCET Registration||The first week of March 2021|
|Last Date Of the KCET Registration||April 3rd week, 2021|
|KCET Examination Dates||July 7th and 8th, 2021|
|NATA Examination Date||April 10, 2021|
|CAT Examination Date||28th November 2021|
|VTU Course Registration||To Be Notified|
VTU BE/B. Tech Admission Criteria 2021
VTU offers over 20 specializations in the B.E/B. Tech course. It is an Undergraduate program of 4 years duration.
- Candidate must have passed 10 +2 with PCM stream
- The candidate must have scored minimum of 45% marks in 10+2
The candidate’s final admission depends on his KMAT/KCET rank and score in JEE Mains.
VTU B. Arch Admission Criteria 2021
The B. Arch course is also offered by VTU at the Undergraduate level which is of 4 years.
- The interested candidates must have secured a minimum aggregate score of 50% marks in the 10+2 examination from a recognized board in any discipline.
- He/she must have opted for Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
The final admission is done on the basis of the score obtained by the candidate in NATA.
VTU B. Plan Admission Criteria 2021
The University offers a B. Plan program which is of 4 years duration under UG domain.
- The interested candidate must have scored an aggregate score of 50% marks at 10+2 level.
- The candidate must have passed in 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects along with any subject from the following subjects- Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Engineering Drawing/Electronics/ Computers from any recognized or approved board.
The candidate must have a valid score in the NATA examination in order to get selected for VTU.
VTU M. Tech. and M. Arch Admission Criteria 2021
VTU offers M. Tech and M. Arch as postgraduate courses. Both these PG Courses are of 2 years. M. tech comes with more than 60 specializations.
- Any candidate who has a B.E./B. Tech degree in a relevant stream is eligible to apply for the M. Tech stream.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% marks must be obtained by the candidate in his bachelor qualification.
The selection in this program is based on PGCET. Candidates who have qualified GATE will be exempted from giving the PGCET exam.
VTU M.Arch Admission Criteria 2021
The University offers an M. Arch program which is of 2 years duration.
- Candidate must have completed B. Arch degree from a recognized Institute
- They must have obtained at least 45% marks to become eligible for this program
The selection in this program is based on scores obtained in PGCET
VTU MBA Admission Criteria 2021
VTU is known for its MBA program. It is a 2- year course under PG domain.
- Any candidate interested can apply for an MBA who has a bachelor’s degree in any stream/discipline from an approved or recognized university.
- They must have obtained at least 50% marks in graduation
The final admission is based on the prior qualification of the candidate as well as CAT/PGCET/MAT ranks.
VTU MCA Admission Criteria 2021
VTU offers MCA to its students. It is a postgraduate course of 2 years. The university holds a CET for the admissions into the course.
- Any candidate with a minimum score of 50% score in their undergraduate program in any discipline is eligible to apply.
- The candidate must take the PGCET VTU conducts.
- The final admission is based on the score in the prior qualifications as well as the score in PGCET/KMAT.
VTU Ph.D. Admission Criteria 2021
The University offers Ph.D. degree for its students under 16 different specializations. Students are offered following specializations under the research programs- Physics, Maths, Chemical Engineering, Library & Information Science, Civil Engineering, Physical Education, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Physics, Polymer Science and Technology, Architecture and Textile Technology are the specializations offered at VTU.
- The interested candidates must have an M. Tech degree in the respective specialization with an aggregate score of 55% marks.
- The final admission is done on the basis of the scores the candidates secures in the VTU Eligibility Test for Research.
VTU Admission Process
- To apply to any UG, PG, Diploma, or any other course at VTU, students must fill in the online application form available on the official website – https://vtu.ac.in/en/.
- The interested candidate must fill the course out of his desire.
- All details in the form must be filled such as Name, contact, email, qualification, etc.
- Next, documents need to be uploaded on the portal on the website.
- Lastly, the student has to pay the admission fees through online payment options like debit/credit card, UPI, Net Banking, etc.
- The filled form needs to be saved somewhere or candidates can take the print out too
- The candidate applying for the VTU B. Tech course must register for the JEE Mains (Paper 2) exam on the registration portal
- For the candidates, applying to the VTU M. Tech. program, the candidate must be registered with the GATE exam.
- A hard copy of the candidate’s filled registration form
- passport size photographs
- Birth certificate proof
- Aadhar card copy
- house tax bill copy
- 10th/12th mark sheet
- Pass Certificate (Original and Photocopy both)
- JEE Mains/GATE results hard copy
- Mark sheet/Pass Certificate of UG Examination
- Internship completion certificate (If required)
Ans. Yes, internships are offered under the B. Tech program at VTU. It provides and helps the students in-depth with the course and the field. Internships also help in future placements. Other programs at VTU also offer internships such as MBA, M. Tech, etc.
Ans. Yes, scholarships and education loans are offered for the selected students at VTU. It is done in respect of their policy. For more information, candidates can simply visit- https://vtu.ac.in/en/scholarships-and-fellowships/.
Ans. MBA at VTU is definitely much better than BU or in fact at any other university in Karnataka. In terms of placement, syllabus, curriculum VTU MBA is better than BU. MBA at VTU offers a great amount of exposure through internships and placements.
Ans. Yes, a candidate is eligible to apply to any VTU course while taking his final examinations. The candidate will be granted admission on provisional basis till the final exam results are declared.
Ans. Candidates who will take admission in B. Arch program at VTU need to complete 260 credits as decided by the department of the University. This credit is compulsory for the completion of this professional program.