Home » Posts tagged 'University Institute of Technology Bardhaman'
Tag Archives: University Institute of Technology Bardhaman
Last updated on August 31st, 2021 by Arunima Sethi
Established in the year 2000, The University of Burdwan, also known as the University Institute of Technology is an All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved, Government/ Public University. Offering a range of 6 undergraduate engineering courses and 2 postgraduate courses in engineering, it has an intake of 360- 400 students per year.
The University of Burdwan is a National Board of Accreditation (NBA) accredited institute. Every year, top recruiters like TCS, IBM, Infosys visit their campus with the highest salary offered, being INR 9 LPA, and the average package being INR 3 LPA. To maintain the academic life along with student and campus life, this institute provides a number of facilities like a central and departmental Library, well-maintained Hostels, Computing technologies, Medical support, Sports complex, etc, spread over an area of 400 acres.
The first step to get admission to this renowned institute is to apply online through WBJEE for undergraduate courses and appearing for GATE to get a seat in the postgraduate courses.
UIT Bardhaman Key Points
- UIT is approved by the Government of West Bengal and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- UIT is a National Board of Accreditation (NBA) accredited institute and recommended for TEQIP phase-II grant.
- UIT was ranked 92nd among the Universities of India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2020.
- UIT offers graduate degrees for six engineering branches: Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
- It offers postgraduate courses in two branches of engineering: Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering and Computer Science Engineering.
- There are 227 Esteemed Faculties and 189 affiliated colleges (including degree colleges, BEd colleges and private professional institutes).
- The institute takes a number of measures to provide Soft skill development programs for interviews, group discussions, personality development and more.
- The University has a “Central Library” including other Departmental Libraries.
- The institute has associated itself with SWAYAM- NPTEL Local Chapter, which can help students avail the courses under NPTEL.
- 24*7 Hours Health and medical services can be claimed by the students through University Health Center universal membership.
- Annual sports Day, Technical Fest, Annual cultural fests named ‘WALTZ’ are conducted every year where a number of students participate and showcase their music and dance performances, and technical projects.
- There are a number of student clubs like Photography Club, Renewable Energy club and NSS(National service scheme).
UIT Bardhaman Ranking
- It was ranked 92nd among the Universities of India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2020.
- It has been awarded Four Star status by NAAC under the University Grants Commission (UGC), Govt. of India.
UIT Bardhaman Courses and Fees
The institute offers graduate degrees for six engineering branches: Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering. It offers postgraduate courses in two branches of engineering: Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering and Computer Science Engineering at an affordable cost.
|Course||Program Details||Selection Procedure|
||Selection Criteria: Appearing for WBJEE and clearing the cut-off|
||Selection Criteria: Appearing for JELET and clearing the cut-off|
||Selection Criteria: Appearing for GATE and clearing the cut-off|
UIT Bardhaman Cutoff
|Course||Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
UIT Bardhaman Placement
The University of Burdwan takes a number of measures to train the students to be job-ready and inculcate valuable skills in them as per the industry standards. Hence a number of reputed software, IT as well as core companies visit their campus. Some of the top visiting companies are TCS, IBM, L&T, Infotech, Mahindra Satyam, Haldia Petrochemicals, Matix Fertilizer Infosys Etc.
Students Of Burdwan university can undergo Summer training and Vocational training in different Government, Private & Government Undertaking organizations like ISI, Kolkata; VAI Engineering & Automation, Kolkata,; CMERI, Durgapur; NICS, Kolkata; DVC, Airport Authority of India, Kolkata; Jharkhand; ONGC, Kolkata; SINP, Kolkata; WBPDCL, Philips Carbon, Durgapur; Bakreswar; NTPC, Farakka; Webel Mediatronics, Kolkata; Tathya.com, Kolkata; DCL, Kolkata; DPL, Durgapur; ASP, Durgapur; BNK-e Solution, Kolkata; WBSEDCL, NKID, etc. Also, a number of soft skill personality development programs are conducted by this institute, free of cost to enhance the employability skills of their students.
|Highest salary package offered||INR 9 LPA|
|Lowest salary package offered||INR 2.4 LPA|
|Average salary package offered||INR 4 LPA|
|Number of recruiters||50+|
UIT Bardhaman FAQs
Ans: A huge number of IT companies visit the institute for campus placements. So CSE and IT students definitely have an edge over other branches in terms of placements and internships.
Ans: It depends mostly on the company itself. However, a number of MNCs allow students from other branches also to appear for the written round and hire them as well.
Ans: No, the fee structure is the same for all the students irrespective of the category. However, candidates who are eligible can apply for a state-level scholarship.
Ans: No, Burdwan University is an accredited engineering institute. It provides B.E courses for 6 branches and M.E courses for 2 branches only. So, other courses in Basic Sciences, Management, Arts and commerce are not available here.
Ans: No, the hostel fees include only the accommodation fees and not mess fees. You have to pay each time you have food from the mess or canteen. So, it might cost you around 2000-3000 rupees in a month.