Home » Posts tagged 'SRMJEEE'
Tag Archives: SRMJEEE
Latest Update: SRM Institute of Science and Technology will conduct the annual Joint Entrance Examination-Engineering (SRMJEEE) 2020 from July 30 to August 4, 2020 (postponed due to COVID-19). The last date to apply for SRMJEEE 2020 has also been extended to July 15, 2020.
SRMJEEE is a common entrance examination for all SRM Group Universities for admission in various specializations of B.Tech programme of SRM University group colleges. It is an undergraduate level exam which is conducted by SRM University. The exam will be conducted in computer-based mode by SRM University.
The candidates who are willing to join one of the many B.Tech courses of SRM University can appear for SRMJEEE 2020. This year, there are a few changes in the SRMJEEE 2020 exam with the inclusion of English and Aptitude as new sections with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology sections being the same as before.
Candidates who want to take admission in SRM colleges must check the eligibility criteria of SRMJEEE 2020 to apply for admission. The result of SRMJEEE 2020 will be announced by the authorities in the form of a merit list. Those candidates who are qualified will be allowed to participate in the counselling of SRMJEEE 2020 and to take part in further admission processes.
SRMJEEE 2020 Highlights
|Name of Examination||SRMJEEE (SRM Joint Entrance Examination – Engineering)|
|Conducting Body||Sri Ramaswamy Memorial University, Chennai|
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Exam Level||National Level Entrance Examination|
|Number of seats||7000 (approx)|
|Examination Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English and Aptitude|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
- With changing requirements in the industry, exams are changing as well. Previously in SRMJEEE, the exam had three sections only – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. Now two new sections have been introduced in the Question Paper – English and Aptitude.
- SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form can be filled using both – online, as well as offline mode.
- Candidates are asked to provide all required details like personal email ID, contact number, qualification and address details in SRMJEEE Application Form.
- Details of the exam venue with centre code, exam slot, date of examination, personal information of the candidate will be present in SRMJEEE Admit Card.
- SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card is released after SRMJEEE slot booking.
- The examinee for the B.Tech course will have to attempt Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Aptitude sections while the Biomedical Engineering candidates have to attempt Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English and Aptitude questions. Refer to the exam pattern and syllabus below.
- SRMJEEE 2020 Result, as well as the SRMJEEE Cutoff, is expected to be released during the 2nd week of August 2020 (postponed due to COVID-19).
- Those candidates who have scored equal to or more than the specified SRMJEEE Cutoff will be allowed to participate in SRMJEEE Counselling to secure a seat in its participating colleges.
- According to official data, more than 1.5 lakh candidates have applied for SRMJEEE 2020 from all across India, and also from Dubai, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman.
- The top 100 rank holders in SRMJEEE 2020 will be eligible for Founders’ scholarship with full waiver of tuition fee, hostel fee and mess fee.
SRMJEEE 2020 Important Dates
SRMJEEE 2020 dates are being revised by the authorities due to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID – 19). The new dates for SRMJEEE exam have been announced but the complete schedule is yet to be released. Given below are some dates that have been announced and some tentative dates according to experts.
|Starting of Online Application||29th October 2019|
|Last date for application||15th July 2020 (extended)|
|Beginning of slot booking||3rd week of July 2020|
|Admit card availability||Soon after slot booking|
|Exam Date||July 30 to August 4, 2020 (Postponed)|
|Declaration of result (Tentative)||To be announced after the exam|
|Starting of Counselling (Tentative)||To be announced after the exam|
|On-campus enrollment||To be announced after the exam|
|Commencement of classes||To be announced after the exam|
Recent Changes in SRMJEEE 2020
- SRM Ghaziabad (NCR) campus has reduced the aggregate score required in the qualifying exam to 50% in PCM. Last year, the minimum qualifying marks were 55%.
- The number of questions in the Mathematics Section of the SRMJEEE 2020 question paper has been increased. There will be 40 questions in the Mathematics section from this year onwards.
- SRM University has increased the total number of questions in the exam. Earlier the exam had 105 questions but now it has been increased to 125 questions.
- Marking Scheme for SRMJEEE has been changed. Instead of 3 marks, only 1 mark will be awarded for each right answer. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Application Fee for SRMJEEE 2020 has seen a hike this year. The fee has been raised to INR 1100 from INR 900 from the previous year.
- According to the Application Form rules, the Aadhar card of the candidate has to be uploaded while filling the SRMJEEE 2020 application.
- SRM Institute has also increased the number of exam centres for SRMJEEE 2020 to 132 which were 123 in the previous year.
SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Various factors depend on your eligibility for the SRMJEEE 2020 examination. Below is a list of these factors.
- Nationality and Age
- All the Resident Indian citizens, NRI, OCI or PIO candidates are allowed to sit for the entrance exam.
- Candidates should have attained the age of 17 years as on December 31 of the calendar year in which the 12th Board examination is to be held. The maximum age limit for a candidate is 21 years.
- The number of attempts in Class 12th – Those who have passed 10+2 in not more than 2 attempts including an appearance for improvement are eligible.
- Academic Qualification
- This criteria differs from campus to campus and depending on the course you have opted.
- If a candidate attempts Mathematics in SRMJEEE 2020, he/she will be eligible for all B.Tech Programs.
- If a candidate attempts Biology in SRMJEEE 2020, he/she will be eligible for B.Tech in Biotechnology and other specializations.
Course-specific criteria require a certain percentage of the aggregate score in the qualifying examination which varies from campus-to-campus.
|Campus||Aggregate Score (All B.Tech Courses)|
SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form
The application process for SRMJEEE 2020 is currently open and the candidates can apply for the exam online at the official website – applications.srmist.edu.in/btech – or via an offline process by purchasing application form. Cost for both the methods of SRMJEEE 2020 Application is INR 1100. The application fee is non-refundable. The last date to apply for SRMJEEE 2020 is 15th July 2020, with current applications only being accepted through online mode. Note that these dates are subject to change due to the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic. The online form should be filled following the steps below-
- Register online on the official website
- Fill in mandatory fields in the application form
- Upload photo & signature
- Pay application fee
- Submit the form and download a soft copy for future reference
Document specifications for the online SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form are given below.
|Type||Max Dimensions||Max Size|
|Photograph Image||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||500 KB|
|Signature Image||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||500 KB|
Detailed Procedure of SRMJEEE 2020 Application
Given below is a detailed procedure on how to fill the SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form. Candidates are advised to follow the instructions as given below to ensure no mistake occurs.
Step 1: Registration
- Head to the official website of SRM University for Admission i.e. https://applications.srmist.edu.in/
- Now on the webpage look for the ‘Register’ box.
- Now, you need to fill in information for Registration as given below (* marked as mandatory)-
- Your Name*
- Your Email*
- Mobile Number*
- Any Password of Your Choice*
- Choose State* from Drop Down Menu
- Choose City* from Drop Down Menu
- Enter Text As Shown in a Box (Captcha)
- Select the checkbox (asking you to agree with Terms & Conditions)
- Finally, Click on “Register”
- Now Your Account will be opened and Information regarding this will be sent to Registered Email Address
- Check your Email account inbox
- Click on Email received from SRM University
- Click on the link provided in the email for verification and verify your email address. Make sure that the email is from an official source only.
Step 2: Filling Application Form for SRMJEEE 2020
- Open official webpage for SRMJEEE 2020 – https://applications.srmist.edu.in/
- Login using your Registered Email and Password (as entered during the previous step)
- Choose your desired course.
- Click on “APPLY”
- Now Application Form for SRMJEEE 2020 will appear on the screen
- Fill in the category details
- Now enter the details for ‘Course Selection’ and proceed by clicking ‘Next’.
- Now, Select Campus and Program
- 3 Preferences are there for Campus to be selected from Drop Down Menu
- Select Program (Course Applying For from Drop Down Menu)
- Now enter, Exam City Details
- Test City Preference (3 Preference are present, you need to select one by one from the Drop Down Menu)
- Next is to fill the “APPLICANT DETAILS” and click on NEXT
- Here you have to enter ‘Category Details’
- Select options from the Drop Down Menu
- Enter the Personal Details (as is depicted by below-mentioned Image)
- Next step is to complete “PARENTS DETAILS” and click on NEXT
- Further adding, “address details” and click on save and next
- Finally, in the last step, enter your ‘Academic Details’ and click on NEXT
Step 3: Uploading Scanned Images
Candidates are required to upload the following documents-
- Recent Photograph (Maximum Size of image – 500 KB)
- Scanned Signature
- Scanned Copy of 10th Mark-sheet
- Scanned Copy of 12th Mark-sheet
- Keep all these files in a single folder and upload them one by one.
- 12th Marksheet is not mandatory if results have not been announced.
- Graduation Marksheet is required for those appearing for SRMJEEE 2020 for PG courses at SRM Colleges.
Step 4: Filling Declaration Section & Making Payment
- After uploading the images, the candidate is required to pay the application fee.
- Online payment can be made through Debit Card / Credit Card / Online Banking / Online Wallet / UPI.
- After successful payment, check your email for a confirmation.
- Students can print or save the confirmation page as PDF.
- The submitted application form will also be available to save as PDF.
Paying application fee offline – The other option is to fill the form online, download it from the website and take a printout. After taking a printout, the same is to be sent along with the demand draft of INR 1100 in favour of SRMIST, payable at Chennai. The total amount will be close to INR 1160 due to bank charges for the demand draft. The form and DD needs to be sent at the address given below-
The Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University), Kattankulathur,
Tamil Nadu – 603203”
SRMJEEE 2020 Slot Booking
The slots for the entrance exam can be booked according to your preference and this unique facility is being provided by the SRMIST for the convenience of the aspirants. You can choose the following during slot booking-
- Exam date
- Exam time
- The centre of the entrance exam
How to book the slots?
- Visit the official website of SRMJEEE 2020 – srmist.edu.in.
- Login using registered email address and password.
- The link for the slot booking facility is made available inside the dashboard.
- Using the link, book the preferred SRMJEEE exam date, time and centre from the available options.
SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card
The slot booking is successful if the admit card is generated after all the steps of slot booking are over. It is the automatic process of generation of SRMJEEE 2020 admit cards on the booking of the slot. As soon as slot booking is done, the admit card for the SRMJEEE 2020 exam can be downloaded from the dashboard by logging into the accounts anytime on their device.
Note: Print-out of the admit card must be carried to the exam centre. If there is an error in the admit card, form correction facility will be provided by the SRM University from the first week of April 2020 (TBA).
Steps to Download SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card
- First, candidates are required to login on the official website for SRM University – srmist.edu.in using their login credentials.
- Now, click on the available link on the official website for downloading SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card. Usually, a link is present on the login page.
- Next, enter your application ID and password as before.
- Now, SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the Admit Card using Ctrl + P and save it as PDF on your computer.
- Once SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card is downloaded, you can easily take a print out of the same.
- Candidates must take a print out of the SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card to carry on the day of the exam.
- The hard copy/printout of the admit card must be in portrait view on an A4 size sheet only.
This hard copy of SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card is mandatory in order to enter the exam center. No separate admit card will be issued on the postal address of candidates.
Details Present on SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card
Once the SRMJEEE Admit Card is available, candidates are advised that they check all the details carefully on the admit card. In order to maintain complete accuracy of details in the Admit Card, it is always advised to fill the SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form carefully. The details filled by each of the candidates is used to generate his/her SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card. So, after downloading the admit card, candidates must check the details whether they are correct in terms of spelling as well as information and there is no discrepancy in images or signature. Details mentioned on the admit card are given below-
- Name of the candidate
- Name of the guardian/parent
- Roll number (auto-generated at the time of registration)
- Exam venue with center code
- Exam slot
- Date of examination
- Time of commencement of the examination
- Reporting time at the examination venue
- Permanent address of the candidate
- Passport-sized photograph uploaded for identification purpose
- Signature of the candidate
- Exam Day Guidelines
Documents Required with SRMJEE 2020 Admit Card
According to the guidelines, SRMJEEE 2020 conducting authority asks the candidate to provide certain information through valid and certified documents. Specifically, in order to check whether the candidate is genuine or not, details on the admit card are matched with that on the ID proofs. Given below are documents required along with SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card to enter the exam hall.
Photo ID proof is essential for candidates to provide authentication.
- Passport photos are uploaded during the application procedure, hence, SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card will also carry the photo on the top left corner of the page.
- Therefore, Photo ID proof is essential to validate the authenticity of the individual.
- Candidates must ensure that the photo identification document must be a Government authorised ID proof.
- Any non-Government ID proof shall not be considered.
- Candidates can carry a voter ID card, driving license, PAN card, Passport, Aadhar Card and other valid certificates.
- It is important to note here that the image should be clearly visible in the document provided.
- Either of the above will suffice the purpose along with SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card.
Address proof is necessary to prove the truthfulness of the information provided in the Admit Card.
- Address proof is the additional information that needs to be verified at the time of entry inside the examination center.
- Voter ID card, ration card, passport, Aadhar card – either one of them serves as valid address proof of the candidate.
- During the time of frisking, the address mentioned on your mentioned ID Card and Admit Card will be cross-checked in order to verify the details.
- Exam invigilator will validate the documents with the admit card and the candidate before allowing the candidate to enter the exam hall.
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Centers
SRMJEEE 2020 is scheduled to be held in 132 centres across the country. 5 international centres have also been provided for international candidates in order to easily attend the examination. These centres are-
While filling the application form, candidates are asked to provide 3 preferred exam cities. SRM University allocates exam centres based on this preference.
Full List of Exam Centers
Given below is the complete list of SRMJEEE Exam Centers along with their center codes to assist candidates in filling the offline application form of SRMJEEE 2020.
|S.No.||State||Centre Name||Centre Code|
|1||Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||101|
|38||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||138|
|40||Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City||140|
|67||New Delhi||New Delhi||167|
|85||Tamil Nadu||Chennai – Kattankulathur||185|
|86||Chennai – Ramapuram||186|
|87||Chennai – Vadapalani||187|
|111||Modi Nagar, Ghaziabad||211|
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Day Instructions
Given below are the instructions mentioned on the SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card. Guidelines for exam day are subject to change considering the prevailing situation of COVID-19 outbreak. Refer to the guidelines below-
- It is mandatory to carry SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card print out to the exam center.
- Candidate needs to carry a photo identity proof along with them.
- This photo id proof has to be issued by a Government Authority.
- Candidates are requested not to carry any electronic device like; digital calculators, mobile phones, digital watch, tabs etc.
- All personal belongings need to be submitted with the exam authority officer.
- Candidates must use a good quality HB pencil on the answer sheet (OMR).
- Candidates must reach the exam center at least 60 minutes prior to the commencement of the exam.
- On reaching the center, candidate’s documents will be verified as per which a candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Students will be allotted seats half an hour before the commencement of the exam.
- The OMR sheet will be provided 20 minutes before the exam begins.
- Students are then requested to fill the details like name, roll number and also read the instructions mentioned on the sheet carefully.
- Candidates will not be allowed in the exam hall if he or she reaches the venue after the last entry time mentioned on the admit card.
- Sheet for rough work will be provided, no form of paper except the admit card and documents will be allowed in the exam hall.
- Students are requested to follow the instructions carefully in order to appear for the SRMJEEE 2020 examination.
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
There is a new exam pattern for the SRMJEEE 2020 exam and candidates should get themselves prepared for new sections. Check the detailed SRMJEEE exam pattern below:
- Mode of exam: The examination is done on the computers.
- Duration of the exam: The time period of the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes for the completion of the test.
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) are asked in the test.
- Language of questions: The questions asked in the test are in the English language only.
- Marking scheme: There is 1 mark for every correct answer but no negative marking for wrong answers so the candidates can attempt each question. A subject-wise breakup of marking is given below.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks per question||Marks|
|Mathematics or Biology||40||1||40|
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus
Due to the addition of two new sections, SRMJEEE 2020 syllabus has increased. Physics and Chemistry sections of the paper are mandatory for the candidates. They can choose which section to attempt from Mathematics or Biology. For admission in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering and other similar specializations, candidates must attempt the Biology section.
As discussed in the marking scheme mentioned above, there are 5 sections to prepare for, and the syllabus for these sections is given below.
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus for Physics
- Electronics and Communication
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Units and Measurement
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus for Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Energetics
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Families – Periodic Properties
- States of Matter
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus for Mathematics
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Vector Algebra
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Differential Calculus
- Sequences and Series
- Binomial Theorem and its Applications
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Permutations and Combinations
- Quadratic Equations
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Matrices and Determinants
- Complex Numbers
- Sets, Relations and Functions
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus for Biology
- Taxonomy of Angiosperm
- Plant Anatomy
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Plant Physiology
- Biology in Human Welfare
- Human Physiology
- Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology
- Environmental Science
- Applied Biology
- Theories of Evolution
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus for English
Questions in English will be comprehension based questions asked generally from-
- Short Passages
- Lines of Poems
- Short Dialogues
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus for Aptitude
- Number System
- Profit and Loss
- Quadratic Equation
- Direction Sense Test
- Linear Equation
Detailed Syllabus for SRMJEEE 2020
|Units and Measurement||System of units, measurements – errors in measurement|
|Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids||Universal law of gravitation, Mechanics of solids – elastic behavior, stress-strain|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||Postulates, Thermodynamics|
|Electricity and Magnetism||Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetism & magnetic effects of current and Electromagnetic induction and alternating current|
|Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics||Matter waves & Nuclear radius, mass, binding energy|
|Mechanics||Kinematics, laws of Motion, Work, energy and power and Rotational motion|
|Oscillations and Wave Motion||Periodic motion & longitudinal and transverse waves|
|Ray and wave Optics and Magnetism||Reflection & refraction of light and wavefront|
|Atomic Physics and Relativity||Atomic structure and Einstein mass-energy relation-variation of mass with velocity.|
|Electronics and Communication||Semiconductors & space communication propagation|
|Atomic structure||Matter and its nature Precision and accuracy Laws of chemical combination, Discovery of subatomic particles, Spectrum of hydrogen atom, Dual nature of matter, Quantum numbers, Aufbau principle|
|States of Matter||Classification of matter, Solid state, Liquid state|
|Chemical Families – Periodic Properties||Modern periodic law and present form of the periodic table|
|Chemical Bonding, Molecular Structure, and s-& p- block elements||Covalent bonding, Molecular orbital theory s-, p- block elements|
|Chemical Thermodynamics & Energetics||First law of thermodynamics, Second law of thermodynamics|
|Solutions||Different methods for expressing concentration of solution|
|Chemical Equilibrium||Meaning of equilibrium, Ionic equilibrium|
|Electrochemistry||Electrolytic and metallic conduction|
|Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Catalysis and Nuclear Chemistry||Absorption, Catalysis Colloidal state, Rate of reaction, Temperature on the reaction rate, Units of rates and specific rate constants, Nuclear chemistry|
|Purification & Characterization of organic compounds||Purification Quantitative analysis|
|Some basic Principles of organic chemistry||Tetravalency of carbon, Nomenclature Covalent bond, fission Common types of organic reactions|
|Hydrocarbons||Classification, isomerism Alkanes – Conformations, Alkenes – Geometrical isomerism, Alkynes – Acidic character, Mechanism of electrophilic substitution|
|Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen||General methods of preparation, Alcohols Phenols Ethers Aldehyde & Ketones|
|Organic compounds containing nitrogen||General methods of preparation, Amines Diazonium salts|
|Polymers||General introduction and classification of polymers|
|Biomolecules||Carbohydrates Nucleic acids|
|Sets, Relations, and Functions||Sets and their representations, Trigonometric identities|
|Complex Numbers and Quadratic equations||Complex numbers, Quadratic equations|
|Matrices, Determinants & their applications||Determinants and matrices of order two and three Computing the rank of a matrix–test|
|Combinatorics||Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction and its Applications|
|Algebra||Binomial theorem and its Applications, Sequences and Series|
|Differential Calculus & its applications||Polynomials, rational, trigonometric Applications of Differential Calculus|
|Integral Calculus & Differential Equations of first order||Integral as an antiderivative, Ordinary differential equations|
|Analytical Geometry||Straight Lines in Two Dimensions, Circles in Two Dimensions, Conic Sections in Two Dimensions|
|Vector Algebra||Vectors and scalars, addition of vectors|
|Statistics and Probability||Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion Probability|
|Taxonomy of Angiosperm||Types of classifications|
|Plant anatomy||Tissues & tissue system|
|Cell Biology and Genetics||Chromosomes|
|Biotechnology||Recombinant, DNA technology|
|Plant Physiology||Photosynthesis Respiration, Plant growth and development|
|Biology in Human welfare||Food production|
|Human Physiology||Nutrition Bones and joints (major types) fractures, Muscles Respiration, Circulation Physiological Coordination System, Receptor Organs, Reproductive System|
|Microbiology||Introduction – history of medical microbiology|
|Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology||Introduction – scope – human genetics karyotyping chromosome gene mapping|
|Environmental Science||Human population and explosion-issue|
|Applied Biology||Livestock and management dairy|
|Theories of Evolution||Lamarckism – Darwinism|
|Questions in this part contain – Comprehension type questions in the form of short passages or lines of poems or a dialogue. The candidate should read the given text and answer the set of questions. Each question has 4 choices, out of which choose the best answer.|
|Number System||Properties of numbers, Divisibility rules, Unit digit, Euclid’s algorithm, LCM and GCD|
|Statistics||Arithmetic mean, weighted mean, Geometric mean|
|Percentage||Percentage change-increase or decrease|
|Profit and Loss||Computing percentage of profit or loss and profit/loss value|
|Quadratic Equation||Nature of roots, Relationship between roots and coefficients, Solutions of quadratic equations|
|Geometry||Similar triangles, Lines and angles, Circles and Quadrilaterals|
|Arrangement||Ordering, Grading and Ranking, coding and decoding|
|Direction Sense Test||Finding direction, distance or both|
|Linear Equation||Solving simultaneous equations, Test of consistency, problems on ages|
|Trigonometry||Values of trigonometric ratios, Identities, Heights and distances|
To download the full official syllabus for SRMJEEE 2020 as PDF – Click here
Latest News Updates
- NTA Re-opens JEE Main Application Form For Candidates, Last Date To Apply Is 24th May
- Turn Lockdown Period Into An Opportunity”, says Anand Kumar of Super 30 to JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2020 Syllabus not reduced, says NTA
- JEE Main 2020: Dates announced by the MHRD, Examination to be conducted from July 18 to 23, 2020
- New Batches for IITs and NITs to start in September 2020
Important Books for SRMJEEE 2020 Preparation
Due to a large syllabus, SRMJEEE requires a good amount of practice. But since the exam level is easy to moderate and also very easy compared to other engineering exams, SRMJEEE requires less focus on hard topics. Rather than that, students should prefer the basic refreshers and NCERT Books for SRMJEEE 2020. Given below are suggested books for SRMJEEE 2020. Students must choose a single book for each subject since SRMJEEE does not require deep knowledge and multiple books might increase your mental pressure.
SRMJEEE 2020 Important Books for Mathematics
|Mathematics Class 12 (Part 1 and Part 2)||RD Sharma|
|Plane Trigonometry Part 1 and part 2||SL Loney Part 1 | Part 2|
|Higher Algebra||Hall & Knight|
|Problems in Calculus||I.A. Maron|
SRMJEEE 2020 Important Books for Physics
|The concept of Physics Part 1||HC Verma|
|The concept of Physics Part 2||HC Verma|
|Understanding Physics Series||DC Pandey|
SRMJEEE 2020 Important Books for Chemistry
|Organic Chemistry||OP Tandon|
|Inorganic Chemistry||OP Tandon|
|Numerical Chemistry||P. Bahadur|
SRMJEEE 2020 Important Books for Biology
|Complete NEET Guide Biology||MTG Editorial Board|
|Concepts in Biology||Eldon Enger (Author), Frederick Ross (Author), David Bailey|
|All in One Biology CBSE Class 11th or 12th||Hema Batra (Author), Shikha Sharma|
|Handbook of Biology||Rahul Chawla|
|Trueman’s Elementary Biology Vol. 2 for Class 12th||N. Bhatia (Author), M.P. Tyagi|
SRMJEEE 2020 Important Books for Aptitude
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R S Aggarwal|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publications|
|Quantitative Aptitude for CAT (Easy Questions only)||Arun Sharma|
SRMJEEE 2020 Important Books for English
|English Literature Class XI||NCERT|
|English Literature Class XII||NCERT|
|Objective General English||S P Bakshi|
Model Test Paper for SRMJEEE 2020
With the recent changes introduced in SRMJEEE examination, it is obvious that students are curious about the kind of questions that might be asked in the examination. Students have been introduced to two new sections, namely – English and Aptitude, which seem to have a very low weightage of just 15 marks, but also seem to give an extra edge to those who want to be ahead of everyone else. So, in order to help students, SRM Institute of Science and Technology has provided a model test paper or a sample question paper for all the sections of SRMJEEE 2020 as per the new exam pattern.
Students are advised to go through the sample paper and work on questions similar to those that appear in the sample paper. The sample paper has only 10 questions of each section with only 5 questions from the English section.
To download the Official Model Test Paper for SRMJEEE 2020 – Click here
SRMJEEE 2020 Preparation Tips
Given below are some tips that students can follow to ensure a good score in SRMJEEE 2020-
- Know Full Syllabus – In order to begin the preparation of any exam, the syllabus is the first thing to check. Candidates must check the topics for all the subjects to devise a smart strategy and schedule their study pattern accordingly. It is important to work smart as there is a huge correlation between the syllabus of SRMJEEE 2020 and class XII syllabus. This can help you by achieving two goals at one shot, making it easier for students to outperform everyone else. When working on the complete syllabus, it is manageable to know what topics might need more attention. This will also allow candidates to save time spent otherwise on less important topics.
- Know Exam Pattern – Exam Pattern for SRMJEEE 2020 has recently changed. Knowing the exam pattern will aid in familiarizing students with the type of questions asked, duration of the exam etc. One of the major advantages of the SRMJEEE exam is that there is no negative marking for wrong answers, so the candidates can take risks of attempting all the questions of the exam. This also helps improve their scores by a great margin.
- Useful Reference Books – Multiple books are present in the market specializing in preparation for SRMJEEE 2020. But students must understand that the exam is much easier than other engineering entrance exams. The best reference book for SRMJEEE 2020 will be the NCERT books of class XI and XII. Some other reference books for SRMJEEE 2020 are already mentioned above.
- Use Flash Cards and Short Notes – Flash cards for topics will help in quick revision of those topics during extreme emergencies. Short notes can be useful for the revision of important formulae along with some examples. Preparing 5 subjects, which combine the syllabus of almost two years of study of Class XI and Class XII, will be highly stressful during the last few days. Grabbing a large book increases your fear as it seems never-ending and important info is too much detailed in books. But in the end, there is little time for anything. This is when your flash cards and short notes become useful and will save a lot of time in revision.
- Some other important points in preparation – There are some tips which do not necessarily consider your studies, but will aid in a healthy study pattern and less stress during studies. Refer to these tips below-
- Always stay healthy – Candidates must always stay healthy in order to study well. To stay healthy, they must eat well, eat healthy meals and take care of their body. Ill health will add to the woes and will ultimately result in loss of preparation time. Therefore, it is imperative to maintain a healthy body and mind to study with full attention and dedication.
- Take Proper Sleep – A lot of students compromise on their sleep when they are preparing for the entrance exams. It is true that the sleep patterns for various students might be different. But improper sleeping hours create an unsystematic sleep pattern. Moreover, the number of hours that a candidate should sleep is dependent upon the candidate itself. No two students are the same and neither is their sleep pattern. Normally, it is advised to take at least 6 hours of sleep for building energy.
- Have Study Breaks – Studies tend to get monotonous and dull after a certain period of time. Hence, it is suggested that short breaks must be taken during studies. Students must take care that these breaks do not extend beyond a certain limit. Reading articles, watching a small youtube video, listening to a TED talk, stand-up comedy, informative podcasts helps in freshening up the mood.
- Spend time on Hobbies – What good is your knowledge you cannot engage with people and hobbies? It is important to have certain hobbies which show that you are a procreative person. Moreover, the hobbies allow you to keep yourself pacified and relaxed as activities like walking, listening to music, talking to friends etc have been known to be therapeutic for students. Similar to study breaks, time on hobbies should be controlled.
- Social Media Does No Good – Social Media is useful at times. It brings people together, reveals opinions, helps spread awareness and so much more. But, it won’t do any good if you’re not capable enough to raise your voice to a larger audience. Hence, most toppers have been known to keep away from it. They do use it, but only when they become capable. At the end, if not able to get away from it, maybe turning off the notification of that smartphone might do some good.
SRMJEEE 2020 Mock Test
SRMJEEE 2020 Mock Test is available on the official website of SRM Institute of Science And Technology – www.srmist.edu.in/admission-india – for all aspiring candidates to take the free mock test from the comfort of their homes. With the help of SRMJEEE 2020 Mock test, students get the exam-like simulation to prepare them better for the computer-based test. This will help them analyse their preparation and work on their strong and weak topics for the SRMJEEE 2020 exam. SRMJEEE Mock Test does not have various sections, and students can jump from one question to another. Although questions are in order of subjects, thus, students can solve their preferred section first. These guidelines apply to the actual exam as well!
In order to attempt the SRMJEEE 2020 Mock Test, students need to follow these steps given below-
- Head to the official website of SRM Admissions 2020 (srmist.edu.in/admission-india) and click on the golden ‘SRMJEE Mock Test’ button as shown below.
- Enter your email address to start the registration procedure.
- Now, candidates have to submit details like his/her full name, course (PG/UG/Medical/MBA), Email address, Country, Mobile Number, State and city.
- Once entered, click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Now, candidates are required to select subject and section (PCMEA or PCBEA) and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- A confirmation page for the question paper will appear. Candidates have to click on the ‘Confirm’ button to continue.
- After this, a random photo along with your name entered during registration will appear for verification similar to the exam centre simulation. Click continue to move forward.
- After this, instructions and terms and conditions for the exam (mock test) will appear on the screen. Click on ‘I Agree’ to continue with the mock test.
- Now a new window showing the various denotations and symbols of the mock test will be displayed. Candidates are advised to take a screenshot of this window as this will be the same kind of denotations used in the actual examination. Click on Continue to move to the next step.
- A final window will appear informing candidates about some important guidelines of the SRMJEEE 2020 Mock Test, or indirectly for SRMJEEE 2020.
- Click on ‘Start The Test’ to begin the mock test. SRMJEEE 2020 mock test will commence for the candidate. Given below is a screenshot of what the mock test looks like.
SRMJEEE 2020 Cutoff
SRMJEEE 2020 Cutoff is the minimum score that a candidate will be required to achieve in order to qualify the examination. Due to the acceptance of JEE Main in SRM Colleges, SRMJEEE cutoff usually goes low in comparison to the number of candidates attempting the examination. The examination authority of SRM University decides the cutoff for SRMJEEE exams. The cutoff for SRMJEEE is decided on various factors. Given below are some key points related to the SRMJEEE Cutoff-
- SRMJEEE Cutoff helps only the deserving candidate secure a seat in a high- level course of a top-tier college of SRMJEEE.
- Only those candidates who are able to secure the cutoff score will be eligible for admission to SRM Colleges.
- Candidates who are not able to secure the minimum cutoff will not be able to attend the counselling process.
- SRMJEEE Cutoff Scores for different categories such as General, OBC, SC/ST, PwD are released by the institutions as minimum criteria for admission to various courses.
- SRMJEEE cutoff will be released according to the different SRM colleges and their respective courses. Sometimes due to the large number of courses, a general cutoff is set to participate in SRMJEEE Counselling.
- SRMJEEE Cutoff is going to be released online only on the official website of SRM University.
- There are a lot of factors which might affect the SRMJEEE 2020 Cutoff as well as the Merit list. Few of them are – difficulty level of the exam, number of seats in colleges and courses, number of candidates who have taken the exam and performance of the candidates in the examination.
Given below are the SRMJEEE Cutoff Ranks for four major campuses of SRM Institute of Science and Technology – Chennai, Delhi NCR, Ramapuram, Sonipat. The Cutoff ranks are from 2018 as SRM University does not release final cutoff ranks for courses of various colleges. Although the information provided below will help you understand that out of approximately 2 lakh candidates, students have to be in at least top 50000 to secure a suitable seat.
SRM University, Chennai
|Computer Science and Engineering||10000|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||40000|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||27000|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||61000|
SRM University, NCR Campus, Ghaziabad
|Computer Science and Engineering||54000|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||70000|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||70000|
SRM University, Ramapuram Campus
|Computer Science and Engineering||65000|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||70000|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||70000|
SRM University, Sonipat
|Computer Science and Engineering||68000|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||70000|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||70000|
SRMJEEE 2020 Result
Candidates will be able to check their result on the official portal of SRMJEEE 2020. You can login using your email address and password which is unique for each candidate. All those who qualify the cut-offs will be called for the counselling process. SRM University offers more than 7,000 intakes of students in their B.Tech courses in various specializations. Along with the result, a list of top 10 rank holders in the entrance exam is also released. The merit list is prepared on the basis of the performance of each candidate in the exam and then it is published online.
Due to change in the marking scheme, cutoffs for SRM University will also change. There is no negative marking, due to which cutoff usually goes higher.
Steps to Check SRMJEEE 2020 Result
- SRMJEEE 2020 Result will be announced online only through the website i.e. srmist.edu.in
- Students can check their respective results on the official website of SRMJEEE and soon after the merit list for SRMJEEE 2020 is prepared according to the ranks, students can appear for Counselling rounds of SRM colleges.
- To check the SRMJEE Result, candidates need to visit the official website of SRMJEEE 2020 and then click on the SRMJEE 2020 Result or Score Card link.
- Now in the next step, the candidates will be asked to log in using their application number and password for application form along with the verification code or given captcha.
- Click on the SUBMIT button after typing all the necessary information.
- SRMJEEE 2020 Results will be visible to the candidates and the same can be printed or saved as PDF by pressing Ctrl + P on your keyboard.
- It is always suggested that candidates must keep their scorecard of SRMJEEE 2020 or print-out of the same safely, till the time of admission. SRMJEEE Report Card will be required at the time of further processes such as counselling, fee payment and admission.
Details mentioned on SRMJEEE 2020 Scorecard
Important details which are required by authorities during counselling and admission are present on the SRMJEEE 2020 Scorecard. Moreover, all the participating colleges of SRMJEEE 2020 ask for a hard copy of the scorecard as proof of your Rank or result. The various inputs which are present in the SRMJEEE 2020 scorecard are as given below-
- Roll number of the candidate
- SRMJEEE application number
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s photograph with the digital signature
- Candidate’s postal address and contact details
- Percentile Score of the candidate
- The rank of the candidate
- Qualifying status
- Merit rank
The scorecard or rank card is released for candidates soon after the announcement of the result on the official site of SRMJEEE 2020. Candidates can visit the official website of SRMJEEE and download their scorecard.
Normalisation of SRMJEEE Scores
SRMJEEE is an exam which is conducted in multiple sessions on a set number of days. It is very much possible that there can be a varying difficulty level in these various sessions. Therefore, exam authorities use the Normalisation process. Normalisation is a process for comparison of two or more scores under various difficulty levels. In order to adjust the variations in difficulty level at different slots of different sessions, normalization of the scores is done. The best utility of normalisation is a standard scale of evaluation for all the candidates. Under normalization, candidates generally have two types of marks-
- Raw marks: These are the actual marks obtained by the candidate. SRM University does not release the final raw scores of candidates.
- Normalised marks: These are the marks adjusted for a candidate considering the difficulty of his slot compared to the difficulty of other slots of his discipline. Usually, the normalised marks are increased if the candidate attempts a test in a difficult slot and decreased if the candidate attempts a test in an easy slot.
If at evaluation of difficulty level of the various slots, it is found that the slot of a candidate is comparatively easy when in relation to the other slot of his discipline then his normalized marks will be less than his actual or raw marks.
But if it is evaluated that the slot of the candidate is much more difficult than other slots of the same exam, then his normalized marks will be more than his actual or raw marks.
The best way of normalisation is by calculating percentile scores of various slots of the same examination and proportionately increasing or decreasing the marks of the candidates. The percentile score of a candidate in SRMJEEE 2020 will tell us what percentage of candidates have scored below that candidate in SRMJEEE as well as what per cent of the candidates have scored above that particular candidate. A Percentile score is a value below which a certain per cent of observations falls or above which certain per cent exceeds. It is nothing but a measure of reading the ranks of various candidates by comparing them to 100.
For example, the 30th percentile is the value (or score) below which 30 per cent of the observations will be found and above which 70% of the candidates have scored.
The Percentile of a candidate can be calculated using the formula below-
SRMJEEE 2020 Answer Key
The answer key for SRMJEEE 2020 will layout the correct options to be chosen for all the questions asked in the question paper in SRMJEEE 2020. Soon after the exam is conducted, aspirants look for unofficial and official answer keys for the exam in order to check their expected scores for the examination.
The candidates can review their answers and then accordingly examine their marks secured in the online entrance examination using SRMJEEE 2020 Answer Keys. SRM University does not publish the answer keys for the exam as it is difficult for the authorities to reveal the answer keys of so many question papers, also because there are many slots for the examination. Answer Keys are also not published to prevent any misconceptions about the examination.
If under any circumstances, an official SRMJEEE answer key will be released, it will be made available on the official site by SRM Institute only. In lieu of the same, it is suggested that candidates rely on the unofficial keys for now.
Use SRMJEEE 2020 Answer Keys Right Way
Candidates who have appeared for SRMJEEE 2020 can follow the steps given below to understand how to use the SRMJEEE 2020 Answer Keys.
- Start comparing the answers in the response sheet to that in the official answer key of SRMJEEE 2020 to know which answers are right and wrong.
- Marking scheme of the paper must be strictly followed while evaluating the final scores of the candidates. Easy part about this is there is no negative marking and all right answers have only 1 mark awarded.
- Since there are provisions of changes in the answer key, the score this calculated will be the estimated score of the candidate. Scores might also increase or decrease due to the normalisation process followed in SRMJEEE 2020.
Steps to Download SRMJEEE Answer Key 2020
Although there are no official answer keys available for past sessions of SRMJEEE, there are multiple coaching institutes which provide unofficial answer keys for SRMJEEE. If SRMJEEE 2020 Answer Key will be available, it shall be released for all candidates after successfully conducting the entrance exam. Since the answer key is released in a PDF form, it will be available for download on the official website only. Below are the steps candidates need to follow to download the unofficial answer keys of SRMJEEE 2020-
- The candidates will be able to check the SRMJEEE 2020 answer key from various links that will be published on portals of different websites.
- Next, candidates need to click on “SRMJEEE Answer Key 2020”.
- The answer key will be shown on the screen and the applicants will have to download it for future use.
SRMJEEE 2020 Merit List
SRMJEEE Merit List is basically the list of all those candidates who have qualified to appear in the Counselling process of SRM University through SRMJEEE Exam. After the announcement of the SRMJEEE 2020 Results, SRM Institute of Science and Technology will release the SRMJEEE 2020 Merit List for the candidates who have appeared for the exam and have finally qualified. Those candidates who have their names present in the SRMJEEE 2020 Merit List will be asked to appear for SRMJEEE 2020 Counselling Session at the respective counselling centers. Applicants who have not qualified are not eligible and will not be allowed to participate in the SRMJEEE counselling process. The entrance examination of SRMJEEE 2020 must be successfully qualified by the applicants with the final cutoff cleared, to be eligible for SRMJEEE Counselling and Seat allotment process in various B.Tech courses of SRM Colleges. Some key points are given below-
- SRMJEEE Merit list will be released online on the official site of SRMJEEE only.
- Merit list for candidates will be created on the basis of percentile marks scored by the candidates in SRMJEEE 2020.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to qualify the exam to have their names listed in the SRMJEEE merit list.
- Candidates who will clear the cutoff criteria of SRMJEEE will be added in the merit list and will be eligible to appear for the process of counselling and admission further on.
- SRMJEEE Merit list usually has two parts – The final drawing list and the waiting list. Waiting List is for those candidates who have a lower rank but still have chances of admission to the desired courses.
- Those candidates appearing in the final drawing list will be allocated the seats of the desired courses in the first come first serve basis and then the remaining seats will be filled through the waitlist candidates. This means if a candidate who has a rank of say 5,000 and a candidate who has a rank of 2,500 can both apply for B.Tech Computer Science seat at SRM Chennai. But if the one with 2,500 rank does not book the seat before the final allotment, he/she will lose his/her chance at that particular seat.
- All the candidates are mandatorily required to produce all the documents which are necessary for the admission to prove eligibility of the candidate.
SRMJEEE 2020 Counselling
The counselling will begin as soon as the SRMJEEE 2020 exam result is declared. Qualified candidates are informed about their counselling venue and scheduled time and date by publishing the details on the official website. The candidates names within the list will only be eligible for the counselling process. After the counselling process and formalities are completed, candidates receive a Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) from the college as a confirmation for their admission.
Important points a candidate needs to know at the time of SRMJEEE counselling-
- There are specifically two modes of SRMJEEE counselling – online and offline.
- Firstly, candidates will be informed about offline counselling of SRMJEEE 2020 through text messages and emails on their registered mobile number and email IDs.
- Usually, online counselling is conducted after offline counselling for SRMJEEE is completed. Although, due to the recent crisis, it is possible that only Online Counselling for the examination is conducted.
- The candidates for SRMJEEE will be notified about the information for both the SRMJEEE counselling procedures through email or text messages only. Information will be available at the official website as well.
- In order to take part in SRMJEEE 2020 Counselling in online mode, candidates will be required to register as per the instructions provided and pay the required fee for the same.
- Finally, once the SRMJEEE counselling is concluded, the candidates will be allotted seats in their desired courses based on their SRMJEEE ranks/scores, selected choices and availability of seats in various course choices.
- In the end, verification of documents will be done by the authorities at the time of admission, to ensure that the candidates are eligible as per the norms. Failure to produce required documents might result in losing the candidacy.
Note: Dates for counselling are yet to be announced as due to Coronavirus outbreak, dates will be changed as stated on the official website.
SRMJEEE 2020 Counselling Procedure
In order for allotment of the seats desired by major candidates appearing for SRMJEEE Counselling procedure, it has been divided accordingly into the colleges and department/branch desired by the candidates. Candidates are advised to check the steps in order to fully understand the SRMJEEE 2020 Counselling Procedure-
- First, as soon as the online registrations for counselling open, students must mandatorily register for the same.
- After this, the allotment of the college and the seats in various courses will be made for all the iterations which will be conducted online only.
- Provision Allotment Letter (PAL) will be issued to the candidates to confirm the admission.
- Once the allotment is completed, students will be asked to report to the colleges and departments they have chosen and then they will have to submit the admission fee and all the necessary documents to prove eligibility according to their category.
- After all the above processes are concluded, and the seats are still left vacant for a particular course, the candidates from the waiting list will be called for subsequent rounds of counselling but only up to a certain extent.
- Do note that there is a provision for admission to SRM Colleges directly through the ranks in JEE Main under which students do not have to appear for counselling.
SRMJEEE 2020 Counselling Admission Form
All those candidates whose names are present in the All India Rank (AIR) List of SRMJEEE will be required to wait for the release of the online admission form that will be released by the SRM University online. After the release, the candidates will have to fill the application form in order to register for the counselling process of SRM Colleges. They will be required to enter the details as mentioned below-
- Candidates are required to opt for the engineering courses as well as the campuses of the SRM University in the online Application form.
- The Counselling application form must be submitted online along with the scanned copy of the class 12 mark sheet.
- Candidates need to provide their personal details in the application form such as their name, roll number of the SRMJEEE 2020 exam, phone number, email ID, category, name of their parents, residential address, present address and any other personal details asked in the counselling application form.
- In the next steps, the candidates will be asked to fill their educational details and information about the marks/percentage/GPA as well as subjects they had opted in the Class 10th and class 12th board examinations.
- Candidates must be very clear and detailed while filling this educational related information. Any error can result in losing the candidacy as it will amount to false information.
- After this, the candidates will be asked to choose the college and department/course/branch they want to take their admissions in. Here they will have to opt for the courses available in the college they have applied for. For a list of courses with specialisations, refer to the intake list of SRMJEEE 2020. Candidates must note that the SRM University will have the final say in the seat allotment as according to the AIR in the SRMJEEE 2020.
- If any candidate is unable to provide the Class 12th Mark sheet in original due to delay in results, should submit the provisional certificate duly signed by the head of their previous institution.
Documents Required For Counselling of SRMJEEE 2020
Given below is the list of documents that candidates have to carry along with them during the SRMJEEE counselling procedure. These documents will prove the eligibility during admission of the candidates. Candidates must keep a good amount of photocopies of these documents as it might be required at various stages in the process of counselling and admission.
- SRMJEEE 2020 rank/ scorecard
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- SRMJEEE 2020 hall ticket/ admit card
- Counselling call letter
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Demand draft of the amount defined in the counselling call letter
Participating Colleges of SRMJEEE 2020
|1||SRM Institute Of Science And Technology, Kattankulathur|
|2||SRM Institute Of Science And Technology, Ramapuram|
|3||SRM Institute Of Science And Technology, Vadapalani|
|4||SRM Institute Of Science And Technology, Delhi NCR, Ghaziabad|
|5||SRM University AP – Amaravati|
|6||SRM University Delhi NCR – Sonepat|
SRMJEE 2020 B.Tech Intake
Given below is the net intake of SRM University of various campuses. Along with these courses, the specialisation offered is also mentioned in the table. Students also have to choose a major and minor which can be reviewed in detail on the official website of SRM University.
Codes: KTR – Kattankulathur | RMP – Ramapuram | VDP – Vadapalani | NCR – Ghaziabad | AMR – Amaravati | HYN – Haryana
|Branch and Specialisation||KTR||RMP||VDP||NCR||AMR||HYN|
|School of Bioengineering|
|Biomedical Engineering (BME)||120*||60*||–||–||–||60|
|Biotechnology W/S in Genetic Engineering||120||–||–||–||–||–|
|Biotechnology W/S in Regenerative Medicine||60||–||–||–||–||–|
|School of Chemical and Material Technology|
|School of Civil Engineering|
|Civil Engineering with Computer Applications||60||–||–||–||–||–|
|School of Computing|
|Computer Science and Business Systems$ (in partnership with TCS)||120||60||60||30||–||–|
|Computer Science and Engineering||780||600||120||420||240||120|
|CSE with Big Data Analytics||180||120||60||60*||60||–|
|CSE W/S in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||180||180||60||120||60||60|
|CSE W/S in Block chain Technology||120*||–||–||–||–||–|
|CSE W/S in Cloud Computing||120||60*||–||–||–||–|
|CSE W/S in Computer Networking||120||–||–||–||–||–|
|CSE W/S in Cyber Security||180||120||–||60||60||–|
|CSE W/S in Gaming Technology||60*||–||–||–||–||–|
|CSE W/S in Internet of Things (IOT)||60||60||–||60||60||–|
|CSE with Software Engineering||120||–||–||–||–||–|
|CSE W/S in Cloud and Mobile Based Applications# (in collaboration with IBM)||–||–||–||–||–||60#|
|CSE W/S in Information Technology||120||–||–||–||–||–|
|School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||240||60||–||60||30||60|
|Electrical and Computer Engineering||60*||–||–||–||–||–|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||660||240||60||120||140||60|
|Electronics and Computer Engineering||120||60||60*||60||–||–|
|ECE W/S in Cyber Physical Systems||60*||–||–||–||–||–|
|ECE W/S in Data Science||60*||–||60*||–||–||–|
|ECE in Embedded Systems||–||–||–||–||30||–|
|ECE W/S in Signal Processing||–||–||–||–||30||–|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||60*||–||–||–||–||–|
|School of Mechanical Engineering|
|Automobile Engineering w/s in Vehicle Testing||30*||–||–||–||–||–|
|Automobile with specialisation in Automotive Electronics||60||–||–||–||–||–|
|Mechanical and Automation Engineering||–||60||60||–||–||–|
|Mechanical Engineering w/s in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||–||–||60||–||–||–|
|Mechanical Engineering with specialisation in Robotics||15||–||–||–||–||–|
|Mechatronics Engineering with specialisation in Robotics||120||–||–||–||–||–|
|School of Architecture and Interior Design|
|B.Arch – Architecture||80||80||–||–||–||–|
|B.Des – Interior Design||60||60||–||–||–||–|
|B.Sc (Hons.) – Aircraft Maintenance||120||–||–||–||–||–|
SRMJEEE 2020 Scholarships
There are a lot many scholarships provided by SRM University towards various income groups, socio-economic groups, sports quota students, teacher wards, alumni wards and others. Among these, the most desired scholarship is Founder’s Scholarship under which 100% of tuition and hostel fee is funded by the University. To engage a competitive learning environment with exemplary talent, students ranked under 10,000 in JEE Main are also offered 100% waiver of tuition and hostel fee. In 2017 – 2018 nearly 2,650 students benefited from various schemes with a total of Rs. 28.9 crores distributed as scholarships.
Check other scholarships offered by SRM University in the table below.
|Details of Schemes||Concession details|
|Founder’s Scholarship||SRMJEEE Rank 1 – 100||100%||100%|
|IIT-JEE (Mains) Rank upto 10000||100%||100%|
|State Board Toppers||100%||100%|
|Sports (LEVEL – State)||100%||100%|
|Sports (LEVEL – National)||100%||100%|
|Sports (LEVEL – International)||100%||100%|
|SRM Merit Scholarship||SRMJEEE Rank 101-500||100%||–|
|SRMJEEE Rank 501-1000||75%||–|
|SRMJEEE Rank 1001-2000||50%||–|
|SRMJEEE Rank 2001-3000||25%||–|
|90% and above in PCM / PCB in HSC||As determined by the scholarship committee|
|Socio-economic Scholarship||Recommended by Puthiya Thalaimurai Foundation||100%||100%|
|Recommended by Agaram Foundation||100%||100%|
|Recommended by CORA Trust||100%||100%|
|Recommended by Ramakrishna Mission||100%||100%|
|Recommended by Montfort||100%||100%|
|Recommended by FEFSI||25-100%||–|
|Recommended by Chinnathirai||25-100%||–|
|Self Representation – Need based||25-100%||25-100%|
|Differently Abled Scholarship||Locomotor / Orthopedic – Partial / complete||25-100%||–|
|Visually impaired – Partial / complete||25-100%||–|
|Speech & Hearing – Partial / complete||25-100%||–|
|Mental disability – Partial / complete||25-100%||–|
|Multiple disabilities – Partial / complete||25-100%||–|
To know the complete details on various scholarships, we suggest you to visit the SRM University website – srmist.edu.in.