Home » Posts tagged 'SLIET Longowal courses'
Tag Archives: SLIET Longowal courses
Last updated on March 5th, 2021 at 12:19 pm
SLIET Longowal is located in the Sangrur district of Punjab. The green and conducive surroundings exhibit the site of the migratory birds.
- SLIET Longowal incorporates both academic as well as extracurricular knowledge among youth.
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology offers Bachelor of Engineering (B.Tech) programs in various domains.
- The admission to various branches is conducted in two ways; either through JEE Mains or Lateral entry. The course duration is four years inclusive of eight semesters.
- Students qualifying the cutoff of JEE Main are admitted to the first year of B.Tech. However, SLIET Longowal conducts its entrance test as a lateral entry for the admissions directly to the second year.
- The faculty of the institute is the base of the prestige and recognition that is bestowed upon the institute with its extraordinary faculty that provides a strong edge not just in academics but also in extra-curricular activities.
- Instead of focusing on conventional ways of studies, the faculty incorporates modern techniques to impart technical knowledge to the youth.
SLIET Longowal: Highlights
|Types of Programs offered||Certification Courses, UG, PG, and PhD|
|Admission Criteria for B.Tech||Direct Entry through JEE Mains and Lateral Entry through Entrance test conducted by the institute|
|B.Tech Course Duration||For Direct Entry: Four Years (two-semesters every year)For Lateral Entry students: Three Years|
|Practical/Industrial Training||Practical Training: Two weeks after 2nd SemesterIndustrial Training: Six weeks after 6th Semester|
- IIT Dhanbad Placement Report and Summer Internship Programs
- NIT Srinagar Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
SLIET Longowal: B.Tech Admissions through JEE Main
B.Tech courses offered at SLIET Longowal incorporate a practical approach in teaching by conducting frequent industrial training as well as in-house Practical training.
B.Tech Courses Offered
A list of various B.Tech Courses offered by SLIET Longowal is mentioned below:
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Food Technology
- Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Welding Technology)
- Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Eligibility for B.Tech
The eligibility criteria for admission to various B.Tech courses are undertaken in two ways:
- For Direct Entry admissions to the first year of B.Tech: Candidates have to qualify the cutoff marks of JEE Main and should have scored an aggregate of 60% in PCM in 10+2.
- For Lateral Entry Admissions directly to the second year of B.Tech: Candidates will have to qualify the entrance test conducted by SLIET Longowal. Along with that, it is mandatory to have 10+3.
After fulfilling the eligibility criteria, candidates will have to appear in the counseling process where it is mandatory to have proper documents as specified by the institute.
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Durgapur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
SLIET Longowal Cut Offs for Top B.Tech Courses
For Direct Entry admissions to the first year of B.Tech through JEE Main, the cut-off marks vary for different categories. Candidates can get a glimpse of the previous year’s opening and closing cutoff marks for different categories, in the table mentioned below.
|B.Tech (4-year) Courses||Category-wise cut off marks (Opening-Closing) for 2019|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||29555-44846||5712-9332||3964-5742||11120-16213||4407-5724|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||37517-57397||7645-10806||4412-5862||14093-18685||5643-7457|
|Computer Science & Engineering||12894-41001||4626-8545||3276-5044||9474-15030||3977-5439|
- NIT Manipur: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, and more
- IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
Study at SLIET Longowal during COVID-19
The institute took all the measures and strictly adhered to SOPs during COVID-19. The keynotes of the functioning of SLIET Longowal during COVID-19 are given below:
- During COVID-19, online classes were conducted and online communication with the students took place through the official email id provided to all the students.
- To avoid any loss of education during COVID times, the institute conducted
- One online Quiz per week through Google suite. The marks of the same were included in the internal assessment.
- Apart from that, students were allocated one assignment every week which needed to be delivered in due time.
- A one-week induction program was organized for the newly admitted students. The interaction process took place over the official WhatsApp group.
- As per the latest notification, first-year students admitted in 2020, have to appear in offline exams, starting from 05.2.2021.
Even for the ongoing exams, proper Standard Operating Procedures need to be followed by the students. Wearing masks is still mandatory and students are advised to kindly adhere to the new guidelines.
- IIIT Hyderabad: Admission via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
- IIITs in India: NIRF Ranking, Courses, Fees and More
Why Choose SLIET Longowal?
This is the most important question that a student must ask before jumping into the admission process. It is crucial to get the idea of the placement structure, alumni, scholarships, CTC offered to the candidates after they are selected for the job, and industrial training offered by the institute.
Being one of the finest institutes in terms of studies, SLIET Longowal also offers the following opportunities to the students:
- Industrial/Practical Training: The institute focuses equally on the practical aspects of Engineering. The candidates must get six weeks of Industrial training and two weeks of practical training as per the institute’s guidelines.
- Merit-Cum-Means Scholarships: Students also get the opportunity for merit-based scholarships as specified by the institute.
- High-paying recruiters: Students at SLIET Longowal are recruited by renowned recruiters like Godrej, Maruti Suzuki, Amazon, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, HP India Pvt Limited, etc.
- As per 2018-2019, the average pay scale of students lies between 5-6 Lakhs per annum.
- IIITDM Jabalpur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- GKV Haridwar Cut Off: JEE Main Opening & Closing Ranks
SLIET Longowal Cut Offs for B.Tech Specializations
Students need to qualify the JEE Main cut-off to get admission to various specializations of B.Tech The cutoff marks vary as per the categories and courses. Candidates can get a glimpse of opening and closing cutoff marks for various specializations in the table mentioned below:
|Category||Cutoff (Opening and Closing)|
|Category||Cutoff (Opening and Closing)|
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Cutoff (Opening and Closing)|
- IIEST Shibpur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- NIELIT Aurangabad: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Scholarship and more
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
SLIET Longowal: Reservation
Some of the seats are reserved for candidates from various categories. Students can check the table mentioned below to get an idea of the reservation.
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||27%|
Faculty at SLIET Longowal
The institute ensures that students will be taught by the renowned faculty. The majority of the faculty in various specializations of B.Tech has attained a higher degree. The faculty to student ratio is maintained in all the branches so that there won’t be a dearth of highly qualified professors.
Apart from that, some of the teachers are recruited on a contractual basis i.e. for a fixed term, and form the part of adjunct faculty. Teachers have been given different designations including:
- Assistant Professor (Contractual)
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor
As per the knowledge of specializations, faculty has been assigned different roles. Different areas of Consultancy are allocated to different faculties based upon their knowledge. It incorporates a conducive environment for learning which is backed by actual knowledge rather than a superficial idea about the subject.
Apart from that, different instruments are provided to the faculty through which practical knowledge can be taught to the engineering students. The knowledge of different tools provides an extra edge to the students, especially during placements.
- University of Hyderabad Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- PEC Pondicherry: Admissions via JEE Main, Fees, Cut-Offs and more
Various Facilities provided at SLIET Longowal
Along with the basic residential facilities in the form of hostels, the institute also provides other facilities which include:
- Central Library is provided at the campus that serves as the storehouse of knowledge. Various newspapers and literary journals can be traced from the library. Apart from that, NPTEL courses are also available on the portal and students can gain knowledge from various national or international magazines available in the library.
- Health Center: The institute has its health center with specialized doctors. Moreover, an ambulance facility is also available to commute serious patients to the nearby hospital.
- Computing facilities with advanced software, Post office, and Bank facilities are also provided at the campus.
- Wi-fi facility for campus students.
- Sports facilities including table tennis, swimming, Badminton, Volleyball, hockey, etc. are there to ensure the overall personality development of the student.
- Placement and Training Cell, Gymnasium, Equal opportunities cell, and hostel availability are some other facilities at the campus.
- SPA Bhopal Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- MNIT Jaipur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Rank
SLIET Longowal: Placement Report
The institute provides the placement report on the official website at http://tnp.sliet.ac.in/placement-record/. Candidates can get a glimpse of the same through the table mentioned below.
|Branch||% of Students Placed in the companies|
|Computer Science & Engineering||80%|
|Food Engineering & Technology||76%|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||58%|
|Electrical and Instrumentation Control Engineering||55%|
Year-wise Average CTC of the B.Tech course is depicted in the table mentioned below:
|2016-2017||3.5 Lakhs per annum|
|2017-2018||3.8 Lakhs per annum|
|2018-2019||4.5 Lakhs per annum|
It is to be noted that the percentage of students placed in different companies is out of those who appeared in the placement process. The above-mentioned Average CTC is more or less similar to different branches. The highest CTC may go up to 8 LPA depending upon the extraordinary performance of the students.
- Assam University: Admission Via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fees and More
- SPA Vijayawada: UG Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fees, Scholarships
Scholarships offered by SLIET Longowal
The institute provides Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for the students of minority communities. All the documents of the applicants are scrutinized thoroughly before providing the scholarship to the students. Certain key points of Merit-cum-Means Scholarship at SLIET Longowal are mentioned below:
- The course fee will be paid by the State Department.
- The annual income of the students’ guardians must not be more than 2.5 Lakhs.
- Candidates who are already availing this scholarship will not be provided with any stipend amount in the future.
- Continuation of Scholarship depends upon the academic performance of the candidates.
- NIT Agartala: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Courses, Scholarships and More
- IIIT Bhubaneswar Cut Off for JEE Main
Fee Structure for BTech at SLIET Longowal
The broad idea of fee structure for B.Tech at SLIET Longowal is given in the table below:
|One Time Fee||19000|
|Semester wise Fee||31000|
However, candidates can also get a glimpse of other fees including hostel fee, mess fee and tuition fee, etc.)
- Tuition Fee: INR 25000
- Hostel Fee: INR 3500
- Development Fund: INR 3000
- Caution Money: INR 10000
- Insurance Fee: INR 140
The above-depicted fee is applicable for the session 2020-2021. There are certain changes in the fee structure during COVID. Due to the online classes, no mess fee is included above. But with the advent of normal offline classes, a mess fee of INR 10000 (Caution) will also be included.
- IIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B. Tech Admission 2020-21
SLIET Longowal FAQs
Last updated on March 5th, 2021 at 11:55 am
Answer: Students are advised to fulfill the criteria of 75% attendance. Otherwise, it would be difficult to appear in the end-semester exam.
Last updated on March 5th, 2021 at 11:56 am
Answer: Those candidates who have genuine reasons for not being able to fulfill the attendance criteria can apply to this Performa http://academic.sliet.ac.in/files/2012/12/APPLICATION-FORM-FOR-ATTENDANCE-RELAXATION.pdf. Students need to give the documented proof of their inability to fulfill the attendance requirement.
Last updated on March 5th, 2021 at 11:56 am
Answer: Students can apply for the same after the first year of B.Tech through the Performa mentioned http://academic.sliet.ac.in/files/2012/12/Application-form-for-change-of-branch1.pdf. Students are advised to kindly fulfill the eligibility requirements to be able to change the branch.
Last updated on March 5th, 2021 at 11:57 am
Answer: Those students who are not able to achieve the first division can improve their performance by retest procedure. An additional amount of INR 200 needs to be paid for the same. Please note that students can appear in retest only after the completion of their degree. Moreover, candidates aren’t eligible for the same if they have already attained first division!