Home » Posts tagged '#SATYAGRAHAAgainstExamInCovid'
Tag Archives: #SATYAGRAHAAgainstExamInCovid
Even though the JEE Main Admit Card has been released, students are in full chorus to postpone the JEE Main and NEET exams. The voices have grown even louder with more than 4000 students observing a full-day hunger strike to postpone the entrance exams amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The hunger strike was organized by the leftist All India Students Association (AISA). They are also demanding that the compartment exams of Class 10th and 12th must be cancelled amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Today Students undertook One day Hunger Strike to #ProtestAgainstExamsInCOVID. Over 3 Million tweets were done.
— AISA (@AISA_tweets) August 23, 2020
- जेईई मेन 2020 के बारे में हिंदी में पढ़ें
- Advocate Alakh Writes to PM Modi to Postpone JEE Main 2020 Exam
- NTA Releases JEE Main 2020 Exam Schedule, B.Tech/B.E. Paper From 2nd to 6th September
Multiple Requests to Postpone JEE Main 2020
Along with the multiple requests from students, BJPs Subramanian Swamy wrote a letter to the central government suggesting that the verdict by Supreme Court can be reversed due to the extreme circumstances caused by COVID-19.
- Many JEE and NEET aspirants are tweeting with the hashtag #SATYAGRAHAAgainstExamInCovid to show their support.
- Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Mr Manish Sisodia has also appealed to the central government to cancel the JEE Main and NEET exams due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- JNU Students’ Union president Aishe Ghosh has also questioned why the entrance exams are being conducted when the universities and schools are closed since March 26th.
As per the latest figures the COVID-19 tally of India has crossed 30 lakhs with around 23 lakh recoveries. The recovery rate is standing at a high of 74.9% as per data provided by the Union Health Ministry.