Home » Posts tagged 'Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies Basar Admission'

Tag Archives: Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies Basar Admission

Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies [RGUKT] Basar Admission 2021: Dates, Eligibility, Selection Criteria, Application Process

Last updated on September 13th, 2021 by Sounak Banerjee

Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies (RGUKT),Basar was established in 2008. It is a central university situated in Basar,Nirmal, Telangana. The campus spreads in about 272 acres of area. RGUKT is accredited by NAAC(National Assessment and Accreditation Council) with grade A and approved by UGC(University Grant Commission). It was recognised as one of the “Top 15 Local Chapters” in 2019 in the country by SWAYAM – NPTEL, MHRD.

RGUKT-Basar provides an Integrated Bachelor of Technology Program(B.Tech degree) at undergraduate level for the duration of Six years. The university invites online applications of those candidates who have passed Class 10th from recognised board or SSC exam for IIIT Basar Exam.Grade Point Average (GPA) obtained at class 10th level will be considered for selection. Final admissions will be on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. The program consists of two parts – the first two years of Pre-University Course equivalent to intermediate level followed by four-year Engineering course. It gives specialization in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Life sciences. Eligible candidates can apply online for admission with required information.

M.Tech program(post graduate course) in Computational Engineering of university is based on the merit in GATE or PGECET entrance and B.Tech/B.E. with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate. Priority will be given to GATE score holders over PGECET at the time of final admission. Personal interview also be conducted and 85% seats are reserved by candidates already in RGUKT Basar Campus and remaining 15% seats shall be unreserved. Ph.D courses in various technology programa are also available there. Specialised in the teaching and research sector in Information Technology and Engineering. This University offers multiple courses in the field of Technology.

Rajiv Gandhi University provides Scholarship Program to students who hold good academic records with facilities like Medical support system, Practical labs, swimming pool, Library, IT center, sports complex, gym etc. 80% of students from the Computer science and Engineering stream were placed in top companies even after graduation.

Interested candidates can check eligibility, detailed selection criteria and specializations of courses listed below:-

RGUKT Basar Admission Highlights 2021

Notification for admission into the Six year Integrated B.Tech programme will be released soon. Till now university has not announced application forms, entrance exam dates, cut-off list, counselling date, etc.

Admission Criteria for UG and PG courses Integrated B.Tech: Merit based
M.Tech: GATE/ PGECET and Interview round
Application Mode Online
Online application registration start date Updated soon
Last date for applying To be notified
Result declaration To be notified
Display of merit list To be notified
Date of Counselling To be notified
Commencement of new session To be notified
Official website https://www.rgukt.ac.in/

RGUKT Basar Admission Course Details

RGUKT Basar Integrated B.Tech Admission 2021

The university offers the following specializations under the Integrated B.Tech programme with duration of 6 years at UG level:

Course Name Specialization
B.Tech (Integrated) Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
Material Science and Metallurgical Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering

Eligibility Criteria

  • Candidates must have passed class 10th or SSC exam from a recognized board with 50% marks.
  • Age of the candidate should not be more than 18 years for general category and 21 years for SC/ST category.

Selection Criteria

Candidates of states other than Telangana will be given admission under Supernumerary seats.

Final selection will be considered on the basis of merit qualifying examination.

Cutoff:

UG Reservation list

Category Quota
Scheduled caste 15%
Scheduled tribe 6%
Physically disabled 3%

How to Apply?

  • Candidates have to apply through AP online service.
  • Fill the application form carefully with required details.
  • Then pay the application fee INR 150 (for general) and INR 100 (for SC and ST) by Debit/ Credit card or through net banking or by AP online centres.
  • Some additional charges have to be paid as service charges.

RGUKT Basar M.Tech Admission 2021

M.Tech(Master’s in Technology) is a 2 year course for Teaching and Research career in Computational Engineering /Sciences.

This PG course has these specializations which are given below:

Course Specialization Seats
M.Tech in Computational Engineering Computer Science and Engineering 18
Electronics and Communication Engineering 18
Mechanical Engineering 24

Eligibility Criteria

  • B.E./ B.Tech in relevant branch with 60% marks in aggregate (55% for SC/ST).
  • Must qualify GATE/ PGECET entrance exam.

Selection Criteria

  • Selection will be done on the basis of GATE or PGECET score and Personal interview as per university guidelines.
  • 85% seats are reserved for candidates of Telangana State and remaining 15% are unreserved.

Cutoff

GATE score holders will be given priority over PGECET score holders at the time of final admission.

Selection Round Weightage
GATE or PGECET 80%
Interview 20%

How to Apply?

Follow these steps to apply for M.Tech program:

  • Pay an application fee of INR 500 (for general) and INR 400 (for SC/ ST category) through Demand Draft in favor of the Director of RGUKT payable at Basar.
  • After that visit the official website of the university(https://www.rgukt.ac.in) and fill the application form.
  • Take the print out of filled form and copies of certificates with demand draft needed to be posted to the university at RGUKT, Basar, Nirmal district and State Telangana- 504107.

RGUKT Basar Ph.D Admission 2021

This is a research based programme specialized in Engineering.To get admission in Ph.D one must have deep knowledge about their subject.

Eligibility Criteria

M.Tech in relevant branch or equivalent qualification with good marks. For Research program candidates must have passed Post graduation with at least 70% of marks.

Selection Criteria

The university takes a written examination of the candidates. Also, personal interviews will be conducted for admission in Ph.D.

Cutoff

Candidates should appear in any one of these exams: CSIR NET, UGC NET, JRF.

The scores of above mentioned exams will also be considered for selection.

How to Apply?

  • Candidates can apply from the official website of RGUKT Basar (https://www.rgukt.ac.in).
  • Fill application form and take a printout of it.
  • Pay fees through Demand Draft and attach relevant documents with application form.
  • Write an “application for a Phd program” and post it to university.

RGUKT Basar Admission FAQs

Ques: Can intermediate completed students apply at RGUKT, Basar?

Last updated on September 13th, 2021

Ans. No,university directly offer admission to students based on Class 10th marks for Integrated B.Tech.
There is no chance to apply in RGUKT Basar after the completion of intermediate.

Ques: How out of state candidates can apply for M.Tech at RGUKT, Basar? 

Last updated on September 13th, 2021

Ans. The out of state candidates who have qualified GATE are also accepted, as per reservation policy of state government.

Ques: Is RGUKT Basar and IIIT Basar the same?

Last updated on September 13th, 2021

Ans. Yes, both are same. RGUKT is university in Basar,district Nirmal,Telangana state.

Ques: What are the different academic departments at RGUKT?

Last updated on September 13th, 2021

Ans.

  • Bio-sciences 
  • Humanities and Social science 
  • Mathematics 
  • Chemistry 
  • Physics 
  • School of management 
  • Engineering,etc.
Ques: How can I contact RGUKT for queries?

Last updated on September 13th, 2021

Ans. You can sent a mail at [email protected] or call at +91 9703760686.