Home » Posts tagged 'Prakash Javadekar'
Tag Archives: Prakash Javadekar
Last updated on August 20th, 2021
MHRD recently made a few important proposals including scrapping JEE Advanced and amending policies followed by IITs regarding fee structure, admission process, quality of education, preparation methods being opted among students etc. In a high level meeting held on August 21, 2018 the IIT Council and Minister Prakash Javadekar has voted against the proposals, citing that JAB (Joint Admission Board) is already looking after some of the major transformations for JEE Advanced.
Proposals by MHRD
- To form a committee of experts to check on the measures to be taken to bring changes in JEE Advanced & if necessary scrap the test and bring IITs under the purview of JEE Main.
- The other major reform offered was that instead of the previous system being followed, there must be allocation of the institution only and not of branches in different engineering colleges.
- There was also a proposal to work upon so that the dependency on coaching institutes may get reduced for the preparation of JEE among the aspirants.
- Other proposal was to increase the number of students being taught at IIT from about 10,000 to directly 80,000 by converting the IITs into high end institutes which would indulge teaching of only certain semesters.
- Proposal for recruitment of foreign faculty was also one of the main highlights.
- Revision in fee structure for foreign students must not exceed as it is already approx 6 Lakhs per annum which is not within of all candidates.