Home » Posts tagged 'Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University'
Tag Archives: Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
Last updated on August 30th, 2021 by Ahana Bhaduri
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (also known as Pandit Deendayal Energy University), established on 4th April 2007 by GERMI (Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute) in Gandhinagar is a UGC recognised and NAAC accredited private university with grade A and a GPA of 3.39 out of 4.
PDEU is offering the course of Petroleum Engineering including other streams of engineering, Business and Management Studies, Humanities and Social Sciences, Science, Accounting and Commerce.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University has 50% of the seats for students from Gujarat, 35% of the seats for students all over India and the rest 15% seats include NRI students. The admission process is based on entrance examinations like JEE Main, GUJCET, GATE, CAT, XAT, NMAT etc.
This college gives a huge opportunity to students when it comes to placement. Companies like GAIL(India) Limited, ESSAR, BECL, Infraline Energy, Yes Bank, Infosys, GNFC, ICICI Bank, Indian Oil, Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals LTD., GSPC, do visit the university to recruit the cream of engineering students.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University: Highlights
|Established | Institution Type||2007 | Private university|
|NAAC Accreditation||Grade A|
|Set By||GERMI(Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute)|
|Entrance Exam||JEEMain, GUJCET, GATE, CAT, XAT, NMAT etc.|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech,BBA, MBA/PGDM, B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, M.A, Ph.D, etc.|
|Popular Streams||Petroleum Engineering and Chemical Engineering|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, B.A|
|Admission Criteria||Marks of Entrance Examinations|
|Top Recruiters||SHELL, ONGC, Coromandel, Indian Oil, Reliance, Wipro, a venture, Tata, Honeywell, GSPC etc.|
|Campus Area||100 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library, Cafeteria, Gym, Huge well-equipped infrastructure|
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University: Achievements
|2019||Best universities in India (overall)||55|
|2020||Top Engineering Colleges in India||177|
|2021||Top universities in all over India (Out of 200 universities)||151|
|Top B.Tech Colleges (Out of 300 Colleges)||177 (6th in Gujarat)|
|Top MBA Colleges (Out of 100 Colleges)||74 (4th in Gujarat)|
|Outlook 2021||Top Private MBA Colleges (Out of 119 Colleges)||24|
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University: Courses Offered
PDPU has a lot of different courses to offer to the students. A detailed picture of all the courses is given below in the table:
|Degree||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria/ Duration|
|B.A||Economics, English, Governance and Public Administration, Mass Communication, Political Science in International Relations, Psychology||
|B.Com||Banking and Insurance Hons, Entrepreneurship and International Trade Hons., Finance and accounting Hons., Marketing and Management||
|B.Sc||Chemistry Hons., Physics Hons., Mathematics Hons.||
|BBA||Finance Hons., Human Resource management Hons., Marketing Hons.||
|MA||Economics, English, Public Administration, Mass Communication, Political Science in International Relations, Psychology||
|Ph.D||Economics, English, Public Policy and Administration, Psychology, International Relations, Commerce, Business Administration, Mass Communication||
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University: Admissions
The admission process of Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University is mainly based on entrance examinations.
- All India and NRI sponsored candidates willing to get admission in B.Tech and B.Tech lateral, course of 4 years and 3 years respectively, need to secure a required rank in the paper 1 of Joint Entrance Examinations which is conducted by CBSE board along 45% marks(40% for SC/ST)in Higher Secondary Examination having Physics and Mathematics (along with Biology/Chemistry/Computer/any vocational subject).
- Qualifying percentages are the same for NRI students to get admission in B.Tech but they have options along with JEE Main like SAT II /AP A level tests/equivalent examination of the UK board with Physics, Maths, Chemistry.
- For M.Tech admission is based on the score of GATE and 60% in B.Tech(6.5 CGPA out of 10).
- PDPU offers M.Sc only in Finance and for that 55% in B.Sc in Finance is needed.
- To get admission in the courses like BA, B.Com, B.Sc which comes under SLS(School of Liberal Studies) the university conducts written examination and interviews.
- For admission in MBA the candidate needs to secure 50% in Bachelor’s degree and 60% in CAT/CMAT/NMAT. Other selection criteria for MBA are 10% in GD(Group Discussion), 10% in PI(Personal Interview), 10% in work experience, 5% in academic performance and 5% in WAT(Written Ability Test)
How to apply?
Candidates who want to apply, follow the underwritten steps:
- For B.Tech the process of applying is online.
- The candidate needs to go to the official website of PDPU and do the registration to get the ID and password to log in.
- Then fill up the required application form with an online payment of Rs.350/-.
- The candidate needs to upload the scanned copies of the required documents(HSC mark sheet, JEE Main admit card, JEE rank card, caste certificate, scanned passport-size photographs, etc) and testimonials as instructed in the application form.
- To apply for M.A, M.Sc and M.Tech application fee will be Rs. 350/- and 500/- for students from Gujarat and outside of Gujarat respectively.
- To apply for MBA both online and offline mode is available. The application form can be downloaded and sent to the university after filing and paying an amount of Rs.1000/- through demand draft in favour of Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, payable at Ahmedabad.
Cut Off – B.Tech
Cut off of PDPU keeps changing depending on various facts like the total number of available seats, the number of candidates appearing in the exam, the difficulty level of the questions, cut off marks of previous years, etc.
|Categories||Civil Engineering||Chemical Engineering||Petroleum Engineering|
|Economically Weaker Section||9939||14769||3017||5472||1347||2713|
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University: Placements
PDPU has an exemplary track record of securing students’ futures through placements in the top companies all over India with a handsome LPA package every year.
According to the PDPU track record, last year their students got the highest numbers of placements, details of which have been given below in the table:
|SCHOOLS||Highest LPA Offered||Posting|
|School of Technology||Rs. 16.60 LPA from Protiviti (Chemical Engineering, 2019)||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|School of Petroleum Technology||Rs. 19.20 LPA from ONGC to 11 students of Petroleum Engineering||–|
|School of Petroleum Management||Rs. 18.4 LPA from GAIL||–|
|School of Liberal Studies||A student named Chehek Bigli has succeeded as a full-time cinematographer in Bollywood from SLS.|
Approximate placement in PDPU
|Branches||Number of students getting placements|
|Petroleum Engineering||30 out of 120|
|Mechanical Engineering||35 out of 150|
|Electrical Engineering||33 out of 120|
|Chemical Engineering||25 out of 60|
|Civil Engineering||10 out of 153|
The highest salary in 2019-2020
|SOT||Electrical Engineering||Rs. 10 LPA|
|Chemical Engineering||Rs. 7.50 LPA|
|Mechanical engineering||Rs. 6.75 LPA|
|Civil Engineering||Rs. 10 LPA|
|Computer Engineering||Rs. 9 LPA|
|Information and Communication Technology||Rs. 7 LPA|
|SPT||Petroleum Upstream||Rs. 3.39 LPA|
|Petroleum Downstream||Rs. 3.38 LPA|
|SPM||MBA Programmes||Rs. 19 LPA in 2021|
2019-2020(till 20th March 2020)
|Mahindra and Mahindra,Reliance Industries,Torrent Power, Tata Power,Adani Power,MG Motors,L&T Technology Services,Honeywell,Berger Paints,Nyara Energy,Sabarmati Gas,Adani Gas,Gujarat State , Petronet Ltd,TCS,Byju’s,Federal Bank,Synoptek,Quixote Automobile Technologies||Hansa Group,Federal Bank, Wipro,Unschool,Shell Business Operations, TCS,Infosys,Nyara Energy, Torrent Gas, Sabarmati Gas,Adani Gas,Ga.1s1||Accenture,Amrut Energy,Asian Paints,Bandhan Bank,HDFC Limited,ICICI Bank, ICICI Prudential,IRM Energy,Evosys,Nestle,Reliance Industries Ltd.,Synoptek,TCS|
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University: Scholarships
Scholarship is given on a Merit basis:
Merit cum Means scholarship
Eligibility Criteria: [BTech]
- Only SC & ST candidates are eligible
- 1-25000 rank in JEE Main(For Computer Engineering and Information and Communication Technology)
- 1-30000 rank in JEE Main (Petroleum/Mechanical/Electrical/Civil/Chemical Engineering)
- 1-400 rank in ACPC (For Computer Engineering and Information and Communication Technology)
- 1-700 rank in ACPC (Petroleum/Mechanical/Electrical/Civil/Chemical Engineering)
- Number of Beneficiaries: 2(1 in Chemical Engineering)
Continuation of this scholarship comes with the underwritten criteria:
- Minimum 8 in the first semester and 7.5 in each following semester.
- Clearing each semester in the first attempt only.
- Regular attendance.
- Disciplined behaviour.
- Following all the norms of PDPU.
- Annual income of the candidate’s family
of the previous year should not exceed 8 Lacs.
NOTE: Students who will be admitted on NRI seats or tuition fee waiver ACPC seats won’t be eligible to avail of any kind of scholarships or financial assistance.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University: Facilities
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University has availed a number of facilities for their students to make them feel at home. Such as-
- HOSTELS: The university has hostel facilities for not only Indian students but also international students. The university is also developing a special facility for international students so that they can stay with a host family. Hostels are always under 24 hours of controlled security. The privacy of girls’ hostels has been taken care of specially. Other than these each and every residence hall has furnished rooms, open lounges and wired rooms. Also, the university has arranged laundry services for the hostel so that students can manage their time schedule.
- Payment for the laundry service will be done as per their price lists. University has a fitness facility which is available only on specific charges and it can be used during the specified hours.
- LIBRARY: The university has a huge library with 5520 books, 44 journals and 141 CDs of all kinds of newspaper. The library is using An international user-friendly library package called Alice for Windows (AfW) so that students can update themselves with the latest information and resources.
- LABORATORY: The university has availed a number of engineering laboratories that are very well equipped to assist students to enrich their knowledge.
- LECTURE HALL: PDPU has 10 huge air-conditioned lecture halls which are well equipped with projectors and PCs with a comfortable sitting of rotatable chairs to give students the comfortable ambience to learn.
- CAFETERIA & FOOD COURT: The university has provided each student with healthy and wholesome nutritious food every single day through their cafeteria and food court arrangement.
- PERFORMING ARTS ROOM: The performing arts room is especially for the school of Liberal studies to enable students to prepare their dance, music, drama etc. for competition. The room is furnished with a mirror on a wall and with huge space to practice performing arts.
- LANGUAGE LAB: PDPU has a multimedia laboratory(language lab)of 2110 sq. ft. which is well furnished and air-conditioned. Globarena Technologies Private Limited has provided their software for the language lab which has a 200 hours self-learnable digital program by default.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University: Faculty
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University offers students a highly qualified faculty in each and every subject.
- The faculty here becomes the extended family of a student and supports his education by all means. The professors not only teach with textbooks and laboratories but also with their hearts and minds which are always thinking about a student’s well-being and trying to solve his problems with their experience and expertise.
- PDPU has a large faculty of 218 faculty members and 165 staff members. They also have 103 visiting faculties. Faculty members are always experimenting with new and easy teaching methods so that they can make learning enjoyable for students.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University: FAQs
Last updated on May 15th, 2021
Ans: Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University is the only autonomous private college in Gujarat. It is not a deemed university. The autonomous stature of PDPU is bringing a number of benefits for their students.
Last updated on May 15th, 2021
Ans: The total expenditure considering hostel and other charges for B.Tech is going to be around 15 to 16 lakhs for four years. Also, students with required performance can have scholarships that will waive off their tuition fee to a great extent.
Last updated on May 15th, 2021
Ans: PDPU has signed more than 400 MOU with reputed companies. It provides a huge opportunity in placements. So if you are willing to study BBA, PDPU is the best choice.
Last updated on May 15th, 2021
Ans: The cut-off of NIRMA is higher than that of PDPU. Laboratories of PDPU are more developed than NIRMA. The most important thing is that PDPU has the highest placements from the Chemical Engineering department.
Last updated on May 15th, 2021
Ans: In PDPU almost 80% of students of petroleum engineering get placements with famous companies. The average package is 3 LPA.