Home » Posts tagged 'NIT Durgapur Placements'
Tag Archives: NIT Durgapur Placements
Last updated on December 1st, 2020 at 04:11 pm
NIT Durgapur placement sessions are conducted every year at the campus itself for the graduating batch. The institute offers B.Tech, M.Tech and integrated programs in different streams. Out of the NIT B.Tech graduates, around 70% of students get placed through on-campus interviews. The rest of the graduate students opt for higher studies in India and abroad.
- NIT Durgapur B.Tech admission is conducted through JEE Main, followed by JoSAA counselling.
- The 909 seats offered by NIT Durgapur are distributed in 11 specializations.
- In the 2018-19 placement session at NIT Durgapur, 514 students were recruited out of the 734 students registered for placement.
- NIT Durgapur highest package offered to graduates is INR 32.54 LPA.
- Students can register themselves for the placement drive conducted at NIT Durgapur through the college placement cell.
- Application form and details of placement are provided at the official website of NIT Durgapur under the ‘Placement’ webpage.
Check out the whole article to know in detail about NIT Durgapur placement and internship programs.
- NIT Durgapur 2020 Opening and Closing Ranks
- NIT Durgapur B.Tech Fee Structure for 2020-2021 Academic Year
NIT Durgapur Placement Highlights 2020
|Total Companies Participated||102|
|Students Registered for Placement||734|
|Total Students Recruited||514|
|Total Job Offered||620|
|Double Job Offer||106|
|NIT Durgapur Highest Package||INR 32.54 LPA|
|NIT Durgapur Average Package||INR 9.09 LPA|
|NIT Durgapur Lowest Package||INR 3.5 LPA|
|Total Number of Internships Offered||15|
NIT Durgapur Placement Policy
The norms and policy of placement at NIT Durgapur is very strict and candidates must follow them to get placed.
- Students having backlog or supplementary papers will not be eligible for any placement until they clear the same.
- Aspirants who have acquired their degrees and were not placed in the earlier year will not be allowed to re-register for the placement.
- Candidates must enter correct information while registering for the placement.
- The faculty in charge must verify the data entered in the registration form.
- If any students violate, these rules will be disqualified from the placement for the rest of the academic year.
- NIT Silchar 2020 Placement Records and List of Recruiters
- NIT Jamshedpur 2020 Placement Statistics
- Worry About How Placement at NIT Calicut? Check Here
NIT Durgapur Placement: Department-wise
Check the table below for statistics of department wise placement at NIT Durgapur:-
|Department||Total No. of Students placed||Total % of Students Placed|
|Computer Science & Engineering||78||88.64|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||71||72.45|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||68||75.56|
|Metallurgical and Material Engineering||41||59.42|
- IIT Gandhinagar Placement Record for Undergraduate Students
- How Good Are Placement at IIT Jammu?
- Want to Apply for Internships at IIT Tirupati? Click Here
List of Top Companies at NIT Durgapur Placement
Some of the top NIT Durgapur recruiters are these firms. Since it is a renowned institution, most of the top companies attend the NIT Durgapur placements, providing the graduates with better opportunities and exposure.
- IIT Delhi Placements: Highest Package, Average Package and Lowest Package
- IIT Hyderabad 2020 Placement: Highest and Average CTC
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
NIT Durgapur Summer Internship
NIT Durgapur summer internships are conducted for final year and 3rd-year students in B.Tech courses. Students are selected based on requirements in different departments.
Through the campus placement cell, NIT Durgapur graduates can also apply for internships in various companies.
- Students also have the opportunity to attain internships in foreign countries through NIT Durgapur placement.
- Four students from different departments of NIT Durgapur get an opportunity to do a 2-month internship in CERN, Geneva.
- The selection for this internship is made through a careful process, including an interview.
- In the last term, around 11 companies had approached NIT Durgapur placements with 20 openings for various internships.
- Out of these internships, 15 were filled by prospective students of NIT Durgapur.
- Want to Know NIT Sikkim Placement Record? Click Here
- Top Recruiters List of IIT Kanpur
- IIT Bombay 2020 Placement and Internship Programs
NIT Durgapur Internship Stats over the years
|Total No of Companies||11|
|Total Internship Profiles||20|
|Total Internships Received||15|
NIT Durgapur Placements and Internship FAQs
Last updated on December 1st, 2020 at 03:51 pm
Placements at NIT Durgapur in the last few years were decent, and around 70% of the total graduating students could get job offers out of the graduating batches.
Last updated on December 1st, 2020 at 03:52 pm
Yes, selected NIT Durgapur graduates to get the opportunity to attend a 2-month summer internship at CERN, Geneva.
Last updated on December 1st, 2020 at 03:52 pm
Students can expect a salary package of around INR 9 to 10 L through NIT Durgapur placements. This can vary slightly according to the branch you choose or job offers you accept.
Last updated on December 1st, 2020 at 03:53 pm
Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical & Electronics Engineering are the three courses that have the highest placement percentage at NIT Durgapur placements.
Last updated on December 1st, 2020 at 03:54 pm
NIT Durgapur B.Tech graduates also choose to go for higher studies in India and abroad to gain more specialized and deep learning in their field. This helps them to improve their career perspectives. Some students also choose to begin start-up companies or research-based posts.