Home » Posts tagged '(NIFFT) Ranchi: Admissions'
Tag Archives: (NIFFT) Ranchi: Admissions
Last updated on May 6th, 2021
Established in 1966, the National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology or NIFFT Ranchi ranks 148th under the list of Engineering colleges in NIRF 2020. Every year, lots of students apply for different courses but the institute admits 120 students for its UG course and 116 students to the Postgraduate course.
- In addition to the B.Tech course, the institute also offers admission into M. Tech., and PhD courses. NIFFT Ranchi considers JEE Main score to give admission in a B.Tech course.
- NIFFT Ranchi is a public university. It is affiliated with Ranchi University, Jharkhand.
- NIFFT Ranchi offers 13 specializations across 4 streams including Manufacturing Engineering and Metallurgy and Materials Engineering in B.Tech.
- NIT Silchar Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- IIT Dharwad: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Scholarship and more
NIFFT Ranchi: Key Highlights
|Affiliated to||Ranchi University, Jharkhand|
|Approved by||AICTE, UNDP|
|Courses Available||UG, PG and PhD|
|Entrance Tests Accepted||JEE Main/ GATE/CAT/GRE|
- SPA Vijayawada: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure, Courses and More
- GGU Bilaspur Cut Off for JEE Main
NIFFT Ranchi: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main
NIFFT Ranchi grants admission to the courses based on the scores obtained in entrance examinations.
- Students for the courses like B.Tech ., M.Tech. are admitted based on the merit rank of the entrance exam like JEE Mains and GATE.
- Admissions to PhD and ADC are announced on the official portal of the institute.
- The institute offers B.Tech courses at the UG level and to get admission, students need to clear JEE Main and JoSAA Counselling.
B.Tech Courses Offered
NIFFT Ranchi grants several undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD courses in several streams. One of the famous courses offered here is B.Tech, which is offered in 2 different specifications. B.Tech is offered in the following specializations-
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Courses
Candidates planning to take admission in B.Tech must have completed 10+2 (Science) or equivalent of any recognized board in India.
- Intermediate graduate with at least 75% for general and 65% for reservation categories. JEE Mains merit rank is required while getting admissions here.
- Candidates must have studied maths as one of the optional subjects.
- Selection will be finalized based on the JEE Main score and qualifying exam marks.
- JoSAA will allot seats and preferences accordingly.
- 60 seats each are offered to the most deserving candidate in Manufacturing Engineering and Metallurgy and Materials Engineering.
Besides the successful JEE candidates, a few foreign nationals are selected under the policy laid down by the Government of India. As per the rules, the foreign candidates are directly admitted to the 1st year of any of the courses covered by these regulations. At present foreign nationals selected under DASA.
- MNNIT Allahabad Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
- NIT Srinagar: Admission via JEE Advanced, Placements, Cut Off, Fees and More
NIFFT Ranchi Cut Off for Top B.Tech Courses
NIFFT cutoff 2020 for top B.Tech courses from the 6th round of JoSAA Counselling is presented below. The cutoff mentioned below is for the General category candidates.
|B.Tech Course||Opening and Closing Ranks 2020|
|Metallurgy and Materials Engineering||39993-62323|
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Durgapur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
Why Should You Choose NIFFT Ranchi?
NIFFT Ranchi is a Government of India co-education research institute having a presence in Hatia. It is an autonomous and Centrally Funded Technical Institute offering undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in engineering and forge technology. The 4 year B Tech course is offered in Metallurgy and Material Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering. NIFFT Ranchi ranked at 148th position among the best colleges in the Engineering colleges in NIRF 2020.
- Great Placements:
- Over the last 3 years, the institute has recorded almost 100% placement through campus interviews for graduating students.
- The median salaries for placed students is almost INR 4,50,000 per year.
- Annual Events: NIFFT Ranchi hosts many events and programs motivating students to take part in different events throughout the year.
- Financial Aid:
- National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology collaborates with the government to offer several scholarships to the students. In the year 2019-20, 198 students got full tuition fee reimbursement from the institute.
- One of the popular scholarships, Ministry of Steel Scholarship, is offered to the selected engineering students from the first year to final year based on their JEE Mains merit rank.
- Admission in B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
- Placements and job opportunities after Electronics and Communication Engineering
NIFFT Ranchi Cut Off 2020 for B.Tech Specializations
The table mentioned below presents a detailed idea about NIFFT Ranchi Cut Off 2020 that are of several specializations (branches) and categories from 1 to 6th round.
|Metallurgy and Materials Engineering||39993-62323||8906-13168||4817-5728||17469-20554||10515-10946||–|
- IIT Hyderabad Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Fees
Various Facilities Offered at NIFFT Ranchi
NIFFT Ranchi has created several facilities aiming to help students excel in their education and career. Some of the facilities at the campus of the National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology are presented underneath:
- Centralized Computer Center: The computer center at NIFFT Ranchi has 120 desktop computers equipped with all modern software and technology that helps promote quality education among the students. The campus has its ISP facility.
- Hostels: The institute has 4 boys hostels and 1 girls hostel. All the hostels have single, double, and triple occupancy rooms with more than 850 seating capacity for boys and 100 for girls. Some of the facilities offered here include electricity and back up, drinking water facility, housekeeping, and a common room with TV and DTH connection, and much more.
- Sports facilities: The institute arranges several clubs for Arts, Cricket, Football, and arranges various activities like the NIFFT Premier league.
NIFFT Ranchi Placements
NIFFT Ranchi has a separate training and placement cell that looks after making the best job options accessible for the students.
- Top-performing graduates of the institute get selected in good and reputed government and private sectors. In 2019, 109 UG students got placed with an average salary of INR 4,50,000.
- NIFFT Ranchi has a good placement record, more than 70 companies take part in placements and interview students for different managerial roles.
- Some of the companies that take part in the placement round include Hindustan Motors, Bajaj Auto, BHEL, JSPL among many others.
- The kind of jobs offered to NIFFT students varies widely. These offers are mainly in heavy engineering, automobiles, and foundry and forge plants, the electrical and R, R&D sector among others.
|Total Companies Participated||–|
|Students Registered for Placement||–|
|Total Students Recruited||–|
|Highest CTC||INR 6-8 Lakhs per annum|
|Median CTC||INR 4.5 Lakhs per annum|
|Lowest CTC||INR 4 Lakhs per annum|
|Total Number of Internships Offered||Many|
- NIT Silchar: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, Scholarships and More
- NIT Rourkela Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
NIFFT Ranchi: Scholarships and Financial Aids
National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology enters into a partnership with several government agencies to offer several scholarships. In the year 2019-20, close to 200 students got full tuition fee reimbursement. Some of the scholarships that are offered to the students include:
- Ministry of Steel Scholarship: Under this scholarship, INR 4,000 – 5,000 per student from the first year to final year is given based on the candidates’ score in JEE Mains merit rank. This scholarship is given to the top 5 students who took admission to the MME course.
- GATE Scholarship: Students taking admission to M. Tech courses based on the GATE score receive a monthly scholarship of INR 12,400 every month during the tenure of their course.
- PhD. Scholarship: Selected students are granted a stipend worth INR 25,000 per month.
The students planning to do a course here are supposed to apply to get the scholarship if required. All details related to the scholarships are presented on the official website, for more details, interested students can refer online.
- NIT Meghalaya Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- IIT Bhilai: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Scholarship and more
NIFFT Ranchi Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
Mentioned below is the NIFFT Ranchi fees structure for several categories.
|Admission fees||INR 200|
|Registration Fees||INR 2000|
|Other fees||INR 8750|
|Year-wise fees||INR 47,450|
|Total fees||INR 1.72 Lakhs|
The total hotel fee payable at the time of admission is INR 33650 which includes some refundable fees as well.
- SVNIT Surat: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, and more
- IIIT Kurnool Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
NIFFT Ranchi FAQs
Last updated on April 20th, 2021
Answer – Some of the scholarships offered to B.Tech students include:
- Merit Cum Means Scholarships are offered to top students of ME & MME in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th years.
- 5 Ministry of Steel Scholarships are granted to the top five students pursuing B.Tech course (MME).
- 5 National Scholarships are made available for the top ranking students belonging to ST category.
Last updated on April 20th, 2021
Answer – Some of the documents needed while applying for the B.Tech course include:
- 2 passport sized photos uploaded during JEE Main/JEE Advanced registration.
- Class XII performance check.
- Provisional seat allotment letter.
- Class XII performance check.
- Proof of seat acceptance, among others.
Last updated on April 20th, 2021
Answer – Admission to B.Tech programs is granted through JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority). Students who have given JEE Main or JEE Advanced will be considered for admission to the B.Tech course.