Home » Posts tagged 'NIFFT Admission Cut Off'
Tag Archives: NIFFT Admission Cut Off
Last updated on August 26th, 2021
National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT) is a government funded public engineering and research institution located in Hatia, Ranchi. NIFFT offers UG as well as PG courses along with offering technical education in the form of B.Tech/M.Tech/Ph.D. programmes.
- Admissions to the B.Tech programme are secured via obtaining qualifying marks in JEE Main/JEE Advanced followed by counselling and seat allotment conducted by the JoSAA authorities.
- Only the students who pass 10+2 with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry (PCM) along with having a 50% aggregate shall be eligible to apply for the same.
- M.Tech admissions are offered through GATE followed by the CCMT counselling.
NIFFT Ranchi Cut Off Ranks Analysis: 2020 vs 2019
Every year, NIFFT Ranchi conducts admissions to its B.Tech programmes on the basis of JEE Main cut offs. Every student who secures the qualifying score shall be held eligible for admission to the same. To give a better understanding the table below mentions the closing ranks for its B.Tech programmes for the year 2020 and 2019.
|Course||2020 Closing Ranks||2019 Closing Ranks|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||78014||50536|
- HNB Garhwal University Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- BIT Mesra Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
NIFFT Ranchi 2020 Cut off for B.Tech Specializations
There are two popular streams under the B.Tech programme offered in NIFFT, Ranchi. The streams being Manufacturing Engineering and Metallurgical and Materials Engineering. Different cut-offs are allotted every year by NIFFT, Ranchi based on which the aspiring candidates choose the programme of their choice to secure admission.
B.Tech specializations granted by NIFFT Ranchi have been mentioned below according to the categories, round wise.
JEE Main Cut Off Round 1
|Course||General||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||General PWD –|
|Mechanical Engineering||34316- 44525||6677-8755||3671-4264||12007-14285||7364-7783||2166-2166|
|Metallurgical and Material Engineering||39993-47892||6318-9472||3679-4742||12840-14933||7926-8061||2390-2390|
- SPA Bhopal Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- MNIT Jaipur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Rank
JEE Main Cut Off Round 2
|Metallurgical and Material Engineering||39993-51661||8906-10422||3679-4960||13867-16765||8534-8879||–|
- Assam University: Admission Via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fees and More
- SPA Vijayawada: UG Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fees, Scholarships
JEE Main Cut Off Round 3
|Metallurgical and Material Engineering||39993-52372||8906-11280||3679-5516||14516-17262||8846-9126||–|
- University of Hyderabad Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- PEC Pondicherry: Admissions via JEE Main, Fees, Cut-Offs and more
JEE Main Cut Off Round 4
|Metallurgical and Material Engineering||39993-53546||8906-11682||3679-5721||14989-17659||8871-9258||–|
- NIT Silchar: Admission via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
- IIITs in India: NIRF Ranking, Courses, Fees and More
JEE Main Cut Off Round 5
|Metallurgical and Material Engineering||39993-54585||8906-11786||3679-5721||14989-18202||9126-9443||–|
- IIIT Bangalore: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Courses, Scholarships and More
- IIIT Bhubaneswar Cut Off for JEE Main
JEE Main Cut Off Round 6
|Metallurgical and Material Engineering||39993-62323||8906-13168||4817-5728||17469-20554||10515-10946||–|
From the tables above it can be clearly inferred that the closing ranks of 2020 have increased as when compared to the closing ranks of 2019 thereby, incorporating more aspirants.
The cut-off has been defined as the minimum which a candidate needs to secure for being eligible for participation in the upcoming procedures of admission. The authorities keep in mind several factors while determining the cut-off:
- Performance/ Rank secured by the aspirants in JEE Main 2020;
- Focusing on the previous years’ cut-off scheme;
- Vacancy of seats in the respective courses;
- Number of candidates applying and their preferred streams;
- Difficulty level of the examination
- IIITDM Jabalpur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- GKV Haridwar Cut Off: JEE Main Opening & Closing Ranks
NIFFT Ranchi Cut Off 2020 FAQs
- Is there a cut off score/rank required in JEE Main for admission in NIFFT?
Yes, there is a cut off or a minimum score required on securing which the candidate shall be eligible for the forthcoming procedures of admission. In 2020, the closing ranks for Mechanical Engineering was- 57418 and Metallurgical and Material Engineering was- 78014.
- What are the specializations offered by NIFFT under their B.Tech programme?
The two popular specializations offered by NIFFT under their B.Tech programme is –
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Material Engineering
- What type of counselling services are available to secure admission into NIFFT?
The Joint Seat Allotment Authority (JoSAA) conducts the counselling and seat allotment after verification of the required documents.
- Where can I look up the opening and closing ranks for NIFFT, Ranchi?
The cut offs as well as the opening and closing ranks for NIFFT, Ranchi are given on the University’s official website- http://www.nifft.ac.in/Home.aspx