Home » Posts tagged 'Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Future Scope'
Tag Archives: Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Future Scope
Last updated on August 16th, 2021
B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering is a 4-year long undergraduate degree program aimed at getting students ready with the ideas of plan and development of marine specialties and structures.
- The course is divided equally into 8 semesters, with every semester enduring a period of 6 months. During every semester, students are shown separate arrangements of hypothetical subjects and furthermore presented to pragmatic lab meetings.
- The base qualification for admission to B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering is a Higher Secondary capability with Biology, Maths, and Chemistry as main subjects.
- Admission to the program is made on the basis of scores in entrance exams such as JEE Main, UPSEE, AIEEE and other State-level assessments.
- The average educational cost fee charged in India for this course goes between INR 3 to 6 Lacs every year.
B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering top recruiters are Mazagon Dock Limited, Garden Reach Shipbuilders Engineers Ltd, Bharati Shipyard Ltd, Larsen and Toubro Limited, Shipping Corporation of India Ltd and Goa Shipyard Limited. They are employed in limits, for example, Port Manager, Chief Marine Engineer, Technical Superintendent and so on Normal beginning compensation offered to such alumni lies by and large between INR 4 to 10 Lacs for each year, which increments with experience in the field.
- IIT Kanpur Placement Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Madras Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
B.Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Highlights
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+ 2 with PCM|
|Admission Process||Based on Entrance Test|
|Cost of Attendance||INR 1.5 LPA|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 1.8 to 2 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Mazagon Dock Limited, Garden Reach Shipbuilders Engineers Ltd, Bharati Shipyard Ltd, Larsen and Toubro Limited, Shipping Corporation of India Ltd and Goa Shipyard Limited|
- NIT Manipur: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, and more
- IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Roorkee Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
Why Choose B.Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering?
B.Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering additionally focuses on Research and improvement in the sea field.
- Graduates in Naval design and Ocean Engineering can likewise make a profession in the region of Dredging, Port and Harbor Engineering and associated enterprises.
- In India, there is gigantic development in the foundation business in the port area. Btech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering likewise manages the improvement of hardware and strategies for the investigation of the sea floor and abuse of its assets.
- The course targets getting Naval Architects and Offshore Engineers ready to satisfy the developing needs of labor in the business by granting scholarly and reasonable preparation on fundamental science subjects and basic designing subjects.
- A degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering gets experts ready for 2 diverse but related professions in the domain of planning ships and the frameworks that permit boats to run. The graduates are trained to work in the Navy, in the private sector, or in positions including management of different laborers or positions including PC planned programming.
- IIIT Hyderabad: Admission via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
- IIITs in India: NIRF Ranking, Courses, Fees and More
How To Get Admission in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering?
Many universities follow an entrance-based admission process whereas few universities give admission to the candidates on the basis of their JEE Main score. Some of the entrance tests are as follows:
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute selection tests
- JEE Advanced score
- AIEEE-All India Engineering Entrance Exams
- AICET- All India Common Entrance Test
- IMU CET-Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test
B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering: Lateral Entry
There are a couple of universities in the country, which offer an alternative of sidelong passage, with the end goal that rather than doing a 4-year long ranger’s course, competitors can decide to make sure about selection straight into the 2nd year of school in the 1st year.
- For this, applicants need to have finished a 3-year recognition course after the Class 10th or a 1-year confirmation course after their 12th.
- The base qualification rate set by universities is in such a manner that it varies from school to school.
- A few universities request a base total score of 60%, while others may request a base total score of 70%.
- IIIT Allahabad: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure, Courses and More
- IIIT Lucknow Cut Off for JEE Main
B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Cut Off For Top IITs (JEE Advanced 2020- Round 6)
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
- IIIT Guwahati Cut Off for JEE Main
- IIIT Naya Raipur: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure, Placements and More
B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Syllabus
Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering- First Year
|Semester I||Semester II|
Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering- Second Year
|Semester III||Semester IV|
Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering- Third Year
|Semester V||Semester VI|
Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering- Fourth Year
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
- Assam University: Admission Via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fees and More
- SPA Vijayawada: UG Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fees, Scholarships
B.Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Future Scope
A Naval Architect is a professional engineer responsible for the design, construction and repair of ships, boats, other marine vessels and offshore structures, of both civil and military kind, such as:
- Merchant ships
- Oil/gas tankers
- Cargo ships
- Cruise liners
- Passenger/ vehicle ferries
Some of the top recruiters of successful graduates of B. Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering are listed here:
- Mazagon Dock Limited
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders Engineers Ltd.
- Bharati Shipyard Ltd.
- Larsen & Toubro Limited
- Shipping Corporation of India Ltd
- Goa Shipyard Limited
The following are the different job positions for the students completing the course of B. Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering. The responsibilities and pay rates offered for every job are mentioned as well-
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Pay Scale|
|Port Manager||A Port Manager helps in doing activities at a port concerning activities such as movements of ships, cargo, and other containers, loading and unloading of ships and containers and activities related to customs||INR 1,44,000-2,40,000 per annum|
|Chief Marine Engineer||The role of a Marine Engineer is usually looking after the marine engineering department onboard and taking care of the vessels. They also have the responsibility of maintaining all onboard equipment and operations on board||INR 11,85,151 per annum|
|Technical Superintendent||They have the responsibility of daily management and technical operation, overseeing daily operations like repair and maintenance onboard, general assessment of vessels, docking, survey schedules, budgeting etc.||INR 7,04,155 per annum|
|Marine Surveyor||The Marine Surveyor surveys the underwater conditions. Surveys ships and boat tankers dredges to look after the conditions of the machinery onboard and to look up for changes,up gradation and its repair if necessary.||INR 4.52,000 -5,57,000 per annum|
|Ship Operator||The ship operator is in charge of crew members, their appointments,managing bunkers,etc. A Ship Operator’s job is to make sure that all the management and operations are done as per the company’s laid- down protocols.||INR 5,46,700 per annum|
|Second Marine Engineer||It is one of the most significant jobs in the specialization of marine sciences. A Second Marine Engineer plans the machinery and equipment that are to be required in the engine room.||INR 20-25 lakhs per annum|
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated on May 4th, 2021
Answer: A naval engineer is qualified to take up various job profiles like Port Manager, Chief Marine Engineer, Ship Operator, Marine Surveyor etc.
Last updated on May 4th, 2021
Answer: The various entrance tests include JEE Advanced, IMU CET, AICET, AIEEE, etc.