Home » Posts tagged 'Mining Engineering Colleges'
Tag Archives: Mining Engineering Colleges
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 10:39 am
Mining engineering is a branch of engineering in which one studies about the technologies and techniques used in the area employed in the identification and extraction of minerals from the earth’s surface.
- If a candidate wants to pursue B.Tech Mining Engineering, he or she has to appear in entrance exams such as JEE Main, UPSEE, AIEEE and other State-level assessments.
- While some colleges prefer admissions through various common competitive examinations, some colleges conduct examinations which are the basis for the students’ admission the same.
- The program is available to pursue in online, distance, offline, and full-time mode. The duration of the course is 4 years.
- The basic eligibility criterion for admission into B.Tech Mining Engineering is that the candidate should have pursued science with mathematics in 10+2 as a compulsory subject from a recognized board or university or after diploma in engineering.
- NIT Silchar: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, Scholarships and More
- NIT Rourkela Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
B.Tech in Mining Engineering Highlights
|Eligibility||Pass in school XII from a recognized board or university with science and mathematics as subjects/Passed in diploma in Engineering/ Passed in BSc. With mathematics from a recognized university or college.|
|Average Fee||INR 50K- 2 LPA|
|Average wage||2- 4 LPA|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance Examination Based|
|Top Job Prospects||Junior engineer, Assistant Mining Operator, Technical authority, Assistant Technical person, Account Clerk, Technical Program executive, etc.|
- IIEST Shibpur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- NIELIT Aurangabad: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Scholarship and more
The requirement for mining engineers is increasing across the globe. It has been in demand in India as it is a developing country and there is a lot to be done in terms of construction, mining and oil-based projects. B.Tech in Mining Engineering course offers good salary and growth in the related industry. If you like to travel, this is the right course for you, as mining engineers are required to travel and explore places, which provides good learning opportunities.
- IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Roorkee Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
How To Get Admission in B.Tech in Mining Engineering?
The admission to this program takes place either through common admission tests conducted across the globe or examinations conducted by the colleges. The candidates are selected on the basis of passing the cut-off. Candidates could take JEE Main or JEE Advanced for admission to B.Tech mining engineering program. To get admission in IITs or NITs, candidates need to qualify the same.
- JEE Advanced- Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE) Advanced level is an entrance test for school students who have passed 10+2 in science with mathematics for admission in IIT and varied different engineering colleges over the country.
- JEE Main – Joint Entrance Examinations Main is an entrance examination conducted at a national level for admission to prime engineering faculties among India like National Institute of technology.
- There are various other state and university level entrance exams which are conducted in order to grant admission to B.Tech mining engineering. The minimum qualification for the program is 10+2 in science with mathematics from a recognized board or university.
- IIT Madras Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Fees
B.Tech Mining Engineering Cut Off For Top IITs (JEE Advanced 2019)
The opening and closing ranks at IITs for each category for admission to B.Tech Mining Engineering are mentioned in the table below:
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
B.Tech Mining Engineering Cut Off For Top NITs (JEE Main 2019)
The opening and closing ranks at NITs for each category for admission to B.Tech Mining Engineering are mentioned in the table below:
|Institute||Closing Rank for Home State||Closing Rank for Own state|
- IIIT Hyderabad: Admission via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
- IIITs in India: NIRF Ranking, Courses, Fees and More
B.Tech Mining Engineering Syllabus
B.Tech mining engineering is a 4 years bachelor’s degree program. The subjects which are covered in the B.Tech in mining course are mentioned below.
Mining Engineering- First Year
|Electrical Sciences||Mechanical Engineering elements|
|Basics to Human Values & Behavior, Management||Basic Electronics|
|Laboratory tasks in physics||Process of manufacturing|
|Engineering Graphics||Laboratory tasks in Chemistry|
|Programming in computers||English Communication|
|Bio Science introduction||Environmental Science and Technology|
|Mathematics 1||Mathematics 2|
|Mechanical Engineering and its elements||Electrical Sciences|
|Electronics base||Laboratory tasks in physics|
|English Communication||Engineering Graphics|
|Chemistry lab tasks||Computer Programming|
|Environmental Science and Technology||Bio Science|
Mining Engineering- Second Year
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Machine Drawing||Fluid Mechanics|
|Material Strength||Survey in mines|
|Mine Development||Basics of Mining Technology|
|Mineral Exploration||Lab task in Mine Surveying|
|Material Characterization Lab task||Lab task in Fluid Mechanics|
Mining Engineering- Third Year
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Technology of Surface Mining||Mine Ventilation|
|Ground Control and mechanism of Rocks||Technology of Underground Coal & Metal Mining|
|Engineering Economics and Industrial Management||HRM and Industrial Relation|
|Mineral Processing Technology||Research Operations|
|Lab tasks in Mineral Processing Technology||Lab tasks in GeoMechanics|
|Rock Mechanics and Lab tasks||Mine Ventilation and lab tasks|
|Material Handling and lab tasks||–|
Mining Engineering- Fourth Year
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Mine Environmental Engineering||Mine Planning|
|Mine Legislation and Safety Engineering||Elective 2
Ecology and Environmental Management OR Remote Sensing and Its Application OR Mining of Deep Seated Deposits
|Elective 1Advanced Coal Mining Technology OR Advanced Surface Mining Technology||Elective 3Mine Economics and Mine Management OR Small Scale Mining Or Geo Mechanics|
|Open Elective I Mine Environmental Engineering Laboratory Simulation and Modelling of Mining systems||Open Elective II Mine Planning and Design Laboratory|
|Research Project work I||Research Project work II|
|Short Term Industrial / Research Reports||Technical Writing and seminars|
- IIIT Allahabad: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure, Courses and More
- IIIT Lucknow Cut Off for JEE Main
B.Tech in Mining Engineering Future Scope
B.Tech in Mining Engineering is one of the branches of engineering in which there are wide options available for students. The students who wish to work in government sectors can apply for various exams and get selected in a government job or the student can just choose to go for further studies or work in private firms.
There are several options for students of B.Tech in Mining Engineering, one can pursue a higher degree in the same field or a related one. Few of the courses which a Mining Engineering graduate can choose in further studies are:
|Course Name||Course Level||Eligibility Criteria||Duration||Top Recruiters||Average Salary|
|M.Tech in Mining Engineering||Is a masters level degree in mining engineering.||B.Tech/B.E in Mining Engineering from a recognised University with desired cutoff marks in entrance exam like GATE||02 Years||Uranium Corporation of India Ltd, Steel Authority of India Ltd, Coal India Ltd etc||INR 3 LPA to INR 5 LPA|
|M.Tech Open Cast Mining||masters level degree||B.E/B.Tech in a relevant discipline from a recognised University and desired cut off in entrance examination like GATE||2 Years||Manganese Ore India Ltd, Adani Mining Pvt Ltd, Steel Authority of India Ltd etc||INR 3 LPA to INR 4 LPA|
|M.Tech Geomatic Engineering||masters level degree programme||B.E/B.Tech in a relevant discipline from a recognised University with at least 60% and a desired cut-off in an entrance exam like GATE||2 Years||EDR Technologies Pvt Ltd Mumbai, RMSI Ltd Hyderabad, Infotech Ltd Hyderabad etc||INR 3 LPA to INR 6 LPA|
|M.Tech Mine Planning & Design||masters level program||B.E/B.Tech in Mining Engineering from a recognised University and desired cut off in entrance exams like GATE etc||02 Years||Central Mine Planning and Design Institute Ranchi, Gramtarang Technologies Karnataka etc||INR 4 LPA to INR 8 LPA|
Mentioned below is the list of job options available for B.Tech in Mining Engineering graduates –
|Job Option||About||Top Recruiters||Average Salary|
|Government sector Jobs||B. Tech in Mining Engineers are always in demand in various Government sectors which deal with the extraction of natural resources and minerals from the surface like coal, steel, iron etc||Steel Authority of India Ltd, Coal Authority of India Ltd, Uranium Corporation of India Ltd, Central Mine Planning and Design Institute Ranchi etc||INR 5 LPA to INR 8 LPA|
|Private Sector Jobs||There are number of private companies requires Mining Engineers in helping them extracting minerals and resources from the depth of the earth or from earth surface||Infotech Ltd, EDR Technologies Pvt Ltd, Adani Mining Pvt Ltd etc||INR 3 LPA to INR 6 LPA|
After the completion of the course, students get jobs like:
- Mining Engineer
- Mining Technician
- Research Engineers
- Deputy Chief Mechanical in Metals & Mining
- Assistant Engineer in Mining
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
The initial pay of a B.Tech mining graduate is 20-40K INR per month. In the case of a state job, the wages are supported by fixed pay scale and grade. Some of the best skills demanded by graduates in mining are sensible information of computers, smart communication skills, ability to figure in complicated atmospheres, management skills, organization, and leadership skills. Etc.
- J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, and More
- CIT Kokrajhar: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, and Scholarships
B.Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Placement Trends
Over the years B.Tech mining students have been hired by top companies across the country. Few companies which hire B.Tech mining Students are as follows:
- Tata Steels
- Coal India Limited
- Steel Authority of India Ltd.
Below is some of the popular job roles offered on completion of the B.Tech mining course:
- Junior Mining Engineer
- Mining Engineer
- Assistant Mining Operator
- Technical Consultant
- Assistant Technical Scientist
- Account Clerk
- Technical Program Executive
- Design Engineer
- Lecturer-Mining Engineering
- Research Analyst
- Mining Safety Engineer
- Operation Manager
Mining engineering is that branch of engineering that basically deals with the identification, extraction, production and process of valuable minerals from earth’s surface. Almost every Engineering and Technology college in India provides a B.Tech mining course. Top colleges to pursue B.Tech mining courses are IITs and NITs. One can get admission in these top colleges by clearing the entrance exams i.e. JEE Advanced and JEE Mains with required cut-off marks.
A degree holder in B.Tech mining draws a starting salary of INR 2-4 LPA. This salary may increase with the experience a professional acquires in their field of expertise. The average salary of an experienced mining engineer is approximately INR 10 LPA. The mining professionals are offered a good pay scale by the various engineering and mining companies and even in various government sectors. However, this depends on the quality of work and talent of a person and also on profitability of the company, geographic location, organisational level and personal qualification and experience.
- HNB Garhwal University Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- BIT Mesra Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
B.Tech in Mining Engineering FAQs
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 09:58 am
Ans. The duration of B.tech in mining course is 4 years.
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 09:59 am
Ans. The top sectors in which mining graduates are employed are oil and gas, Coal companies etc.
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 10:00 am
Ans. Some of the top jobs after B.Tech mining are-
Mining Engineer, Drilling Engineer, Quality analyst, Technical consultant, Researcher etc.
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 10:01 am
Ans. The fee structure depends upon the college you choose, however the average fee structure is INR 50K- 2 LPA.
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 10:01 am
Ans: The program is built around a strong background in mathematics, basic sciences and computer skills and software programs.
Eligibility Criteria – Minimum educational qualification of 10+2 from the recognized educational board with at least 50% marks passed with PCM as the compulsory subjects/ Diploma in engineering.
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 10:02 am
Ans. The average starting salary for mining professionals at entry level will be INR 2-4 LPA. For the senior job profiles like Managers, the salary can range from INR 8-12 LPA.
Last updated on January 12th, 2021 at 10:03 am
Ans. Some of the top recruiters of B.Tech mining graduates in India are ONGC, GAIL, INFOSYS, TISCO Coal India Ltd. etc