Home » Posts tagged 'Mathematics and Computing Fee'
Tag Archives: Mathematics and Computing Fee
Last updated on August 16th, 2021
B.Tech in Mathematics and Computing is a unique 4-year course. Being the first of its kind in the country, the module for the programs was composed to match the requirement of advanced mathematics in modern scientific /technical innovations and problems.
- There are three components in the program- Mathematics, Computing, and Financial Engineering.
- The three components are combined in such a way that the mathematical and analytical portion in the curriculum forms the basis on which the technical aspects of computing and finance are developed.
- Graduates of computing and mathematics who have solid bases are in high demand in the Corporate sector due to the heavy use of computers and computer-assisted technologies.
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Highlights
|Eligibility||10+2 with PCM(Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)|
|Average Fee||INR 7-10 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 6-6.5 LPA|
|Admission Criteria||Appear and secure a solid score in JEE Main and JEE Advanced|
Why Choose Mathematics and Computing?
Choosing Mathematics and Computing will give you an advantage in various aspects such as in careers, placements, and future research or foreign studies.
- Course-wise, mathematics branch includes several topics like Algebra, Calculus, Probability, and Discrete Mathematics helps you in data analytics and plays a major role in shaping your future.
- When it comes to placements, students graduating in this branch are certainly well placed. Some of the graduates end up as software developers in giant companies like Microsoft, Facebook, and Adobe, with job profiles similar to their counterparts from CS.
- Also, the courses taught, such as Statistics, Financial mathematics help in fetching good jobs in Companies like Deutsche Bank, and Worldquant.
- Where Research is concerned, most of the graduates opt for higher studies in Computing, instead of Applied Mathematics.
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Admission Process
To get admission to top colleges such as IITs and NITs the candidates need to appear for JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams. The candidates must get an All India Rank between the opening and closing ranks released by JoSAA.
- The admission to Delhi Technical University will be conducted through Joint admission counseling.
- Also there are other criteria on which multiple institutes provide admission. Just like some private institutes like Amity University, SRM University provides direct Admission to the students.
- Their standards for admission are elementary, either they offer admission based on merit in qualifying exams, i.e., 10+2 or similar examinations, or some administration seats reserved for the students.
Latest JEE Main News
- Predict College or Courses Using Your JEE Main Rank
- JEE Main 2021 Result for Phase 4 Released, 18 Students Secured AIR 1
- JEE Advanced 2021 Registration Starts from September 15. Register Here
- JEE Advanced 2021: New Guidelines Released, Qualified Candidates Of Last Year Can Appear Without JEE Main 2021
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Cutoff For Top IITs (JEE Advanced 2020)
The Mathematics and Computing program is currently being delivered in numerous IITs. The course contains Mathematics with a very little computing component involved. The cut off ranks from Round 6 of JoSAA Counselling 2020 for the top IITs are tabulated below.
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Cutoff For Top NITs (JEE Main 2020- Round 6)
Only two NITs which are NIT Agartala and Hamirpur offer Mathematics and Computing courses in their respective colleges. Note that these are not the top NITs and they have also included this course recently with a new curriculum.
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Syllabus
Every college providing this course has a different syllabus and curriculum. But this syllabus provided is going to give you an overview of the subjects being taught.
Mathematics and Computing Syllabus – First Year
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|6||Workshop / Physics Laboratory|
|8||Physical Training I|
|2||Introduction to Computing|
|7||Basic Electronics Laboratory|
|8||Physics Laboratory / Workshop|
|9||Physical Training II|
Mathematics and Computing Syllabus – Second Year
|4||Probability Theory and Random Processes|
|6||HSS Elective I|
|7||Physical Training III|
|2||Data Structures and Algorithms|
|3||Financial Engineering I|
|4||Computer Organization and Architecture|
|5||HSS Elective II|
|6||Monte Carlo Simulation|
|7||Data Structures Lab with Object-Oriented Programming|
|8||Physical Training IV|
Mathematics and Computing Syllabus – Third Year
|2||Stochastic Calculus for Finance|
|5||HSS Elective III|
|6||Operating Systems Laboratory|
|2||Formal Languages and Automata Theory|
|3||Financial Engineering II|
|6||Financial Engineering Laboratory|
Mathematics and Computing Syllabus – Fourth Year
|2||Theory of Computation|
|3||Statistical Analysis of Financial Data|
|4||Department Elective I|
|2||Department Elective II|
|3||Department Elective III|
|4||HSS Elective IV|
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Future Scope
The students who aim for higher studies and want to explore the deep insights of mathematics and computing.
- This course offers a perfect combination of Mathematics and Computing and the knowledge gained can be put to use in many research projects.
- The research projects may be in fields of Data Mining, Big Data (Hadoop and the map-reduce framework), Stochastic Processes, Machine Learning, and Computer Graphics, etc.
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Placement Trends
After the completion of the course, students can find a job in software industries, financial institutions, and government organizations.
- The areas which can be covered are Consulting Engineering firms, Pharmaceutical Industry, Telecom industry, Banks and Insurance companies as well. Some of the top recruiters are Microsoft, Mphasis, Amazon India, L & T Ltd., Avacor.
- A piece of positive news for the students is that the enrollment percentage in this program across all IITs is very less. As a result, the average package becomes one of the highest.
- Highest Package- INR 30 LPA
- Lowest Package- INR 7 LPA
- Average Package- INR 9.97 LPA
- NIT Trichy: Courses Offered, Admissions via JEE Main, Placements and More
- NIT Patna Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
The number of seats in government-funded institutions is very less. But in private institutions, few seats are reserved in the management quota. To get admission to the top colleges like IITs the candidate needs to secure a good rank in the JEE Advanced examination. After graduation, the highest package can go up to 30-40 Lakhs per annum. Some of the top recruiters are Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Goldmann Sachs, etc.
Last updated on May 10th, 2021
Answer: The duration of B.Tech in Mathematics and Computing is 4 years.
Last updated on May 10th, 2021
Answer: The top IITs offering B.Tech in Mathematics and Computings are listed below:
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Goa
- IIT Kharagpur