Home » Posts tagged 'Mathematics and Computing Career'
Tag Archives: Mathematics and Computing Career
Last updated on February 3rd, 2021 at 03:45 pm
B.Tech in Mathematics and Computing is a unique 4-year plan. Being the first of its kind in the country, the module for the programs was composed to match the requirement of advanced mathematics in modern scientific /technical innovations and problems.
- There are three components in the program- Mathematics, Computing, and Financial Engineering.
- The three components are combined in such a way that the mathematical and analytical portion in the curriculum forms the basis on which the technical aspects of computing and finance are developed.
- Graduates of computing and mathematics who have solid bases are of great request in the Corporate sector due to the heavy use of computers and computer-assisted technologies.
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Highlights
|Eligibility||10+2 with PCM(Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)|
|Average Fee||INR 7-10 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 6-6.5 LPA|
|Admission Criteria||Appear and secure a solid score in JEE Main and JEE Advanced|
Why choose Mathematics and Computing?
Choosing Mathematics and Computing will give you an advantage in various aspects such as in careers, placements, and future research or foreign studies.
- Career-wise mathematics branch includes several topics like Algebra, Calculus, Probability, and Discrete Mathematics helps you in data analytics and plays a major role in shaping your future.
- When it comes to placements this branch is certainly well placed. Some of the graduates end up as a software developer in giant companies like Microsoft, Facebook, and Adobe, with job profiles similar to their counterparts from CS.
- Also, the courses taught such as Statistics, Financial mathematics help in fetching a good job in Companies like Deutsche Bank, and Worldquant.
- Where Research is concerned, most of the graduates opt for higher studies in Computing, instead of Applied Mathematics.
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Admission Process
To get admission to top colleges such as IITs and NITs the candidates need to appear for JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams. The candidates must bring a valid All India Score.
- The admission to Delhi technical university will be conducted through Joint admission counseling.
- Also there are other criteria on which multiple institutes provide admission. Just like some private institutes like Amity University, SRM University provides direct Admission to the students.
- Their standards for admission are elementary, either they offer admission based on merit in qualifying exams, i.e., 10+2 or similar examinations, or some administration seats reserved for the students.
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Cut Off For Top IITs (JEE Advanced 2020)
The Mathematics and Computing program is currently being delivered in numerous IITs. The course contains Mathematics with a very little computing component involved.
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Cut Off For Top NITs (JEE Main 2020)
Only two NITs which are NIT Agartala and Hamirpur offer Mathematics and Computing courses in their respective colleges. Note that these are not the top NITs and they have also included this course recently with a new curriculum.
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Syllabus
Every college providing this course has a different syllabus and curriculum. But this syllabus provided is going to give you an overview of the subjects being taught.
Mathematics and Computing Syllabus – First Year
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|6||Workshop / Physics Laboratory|
|8||Physical Training I|
|2||Introduction to Computing|
|7||Basic Electronics Laboratory|
|8||Physics Laboratory / Workshop|
|9||Physical Training II|
Mathematics and Computing Syllabus – Second Year
|4||Probability Theory and Random Processes|
|6||HSS Elective I|
|7||Physical Training III|
|2||Data Structures and Algorithms|
|3||Financial Engineering I|
|4||Computer Organization and Architecture|
|5||HSS Elective II|
|6||Monte Carlo Simulation|
|7||Data Structures Lab with Object-Oriented Programming|
|8||Physical Training IV|
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
Mathematics and Computing Syllabus – Third Year
|2||Stochastic Calculus for Finance|
|5||HSS Elective III|
|6||Operating Systems Laboratory|
|2||Formal Languages and Automata Theory|
|3||Financial Engineering II|
|6||Financial Engineering Laboratory|
Mathematics and Computing Syllabus – Fourth Year
|2||Theory of Computation|
|3||Statistical Analysis of Financial Data|
|4||Department Elective I|
|2||Department Elective II|
|3||Department Elective III|
|4||HSS Elective IV|
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Future Scope
The students who aim for higher studies and want to explore the deep insights of mathematics and computing.
- This course offers a Perfect Combination of mathematics and computing and the knowledge gained can be put to use in many research projects.
- The research projects may be in fields of Data Mining, Big Data (Hadoop and the map-reduce framework), Stochastic Processes, Machine Learning, and Computer Graphics, etc.
B.Tech Mathematics and Computing Placement Trends
After the completion of the course, students can find a job in software industries, financial institutions, and government organizations.
- The areas which can be covered are Consulting Engineering firms, Pharmaceutical Industry, Telecom industry, Banks and Insurance companies as well. Some of the top recruiters are Microsoft, Mphasis, Amazon India, L & T Ltd., Avacor.
- A piece of positive news for the students is that the enrollment percentage in this program across all IITs is very less. As a result, the average package becomes one of the highest.
- Highest Package- INR 30 LPA
- Lowest Package- INR 7 LPA
- Average Package- INR 9.97 LPA
- NIT Trichy: Courses Offered, Admissions via JEE Main, Placements and More
- NIT Patna Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
The number of seats in government-funded institutions is very less. But in private institutions, few seats are reserved in the management quota. To get admission to the top colleges like IITs the candidate needs to secure a good rank in the JEE Advanced examination. After graduation, the highest package can go up to 30-40 Lakhs per annum. Some of the top recruiters are Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Goldmann Sachs, etc.