Home » Posts tagged 'Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University'
Tag Archives: Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University
Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU), Guwahati: Admissions 2021, Courses, Eligibility, Application Process
Last updated on April 28th, 2021 at 12:32 pm
Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU) was established in the year 2005 by the Government of Assam. The University Grants Commission has empowered the University to award degrees under UGC Act, 1956. It is the 14th of its kind along with IGNOU and the only state Open University in the whole of North Eastern India. University headquarters are located in Guwahati.
The University was established for promoting education to reach the unreached through the Open and Distance Learning System, with the motto of the University ‘Education Beyond Barriers’ of age, academic background, and geographical boundaries.
The KKHSOU offers UG courses in 19 subjects in different streams of Arts, Science and Commerce. Under PG courses, it offers M.A. programs into specializations.
|Established | Institute type||2005 | Open University|
|Recognised by||Distance Education Council (MHRD)|
|Courses Offered||BCA, BBA, BA, BMC, B.Com., MA, M.Com., MBA, M.Phil., Ph.D.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance Test|
|Popular Courses||MBA, PGD, MCA, MHRDM, MSc.|
|Facilities Available||Library, Cafeteria, Auditorium, Comp Labs, Laboratory.|
This detailed information about the courses is given in the table below:
KKHSOU offers a variety of courses for admission. Programs such as BA, B.Com., BBA, BCA, MA, M.Com., MBA, M.Phil. & PhD are offered for approval. UG adoption is eligible based on while PG installation is based on entry. The institute has more than 30 programs under its Distance Education scheme. Also, the institute offers ICT(Information and Communication Technology) Enabled PG courses. The admission process is different for different courses.
- For any UG program, a candidate is selected on the basis of merit.
- For other PG courses, the admission is evaluated based on merit.
- Ph.D. and MPhil admissions are based on UGC-NET/SET/JRF/KKHSOU-CET scores.
How to apply?
The application process is online and offline. Students need to log on to the official website of KKHSOU and follow the given instructions to complete the application process:
- Select the course to apply for admission from the dropdown list provided.
- Register yourself by filling in the details asked on the website.
- After registering yourself successful login through the credential provided to you over mail or text.
- Complete the application form available on the university’s official website.
- Fill the details carefully and pay the fees.
- Take the print out of the form for future uses.
Here is the list of the facilities provided by the Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University.
- Digital Library: The college provides the facility of a digital library that has a wide range of administrative documents, E-books, Faculty publications, journals of open learning and research communication, newsletters annual reports, Ph.D. academics, and independent study materials.
- eBay: It is a Learning Management System (LMS) for the students of KKHSOU to aid with the learning and education. Includes University study materials including video lectures, online self-assessment, group discussion forums, online chat space, and more.
Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University has some of the best faculties available in India. Each department has a head of the department and a dean and the other faculties are working on the following positions.
- Professors: 2
- Associate professor: 3
- Assistant Professors: 32
- Academic consultant: 2
Last updated on April 28th, 2021 at 11:46 am
Ans. The students are required to fulfil the following conditions in order to be eligible for the term-end examination.
- Their registration should be valid.
- They must have opted and pursued the prescribed course.
- They must have submitted the required number of assignments within due dates before taking the examination.
- They must have submitted the examination form in time along with the requisite fees if appearing for Back papers.
The University conducts end-of-term exams twice a year. A test day plan showing the date and time of writing each subject is sent to all study centres in advance.
Last updated on April 28th, 2021 at 11:47 am
Ans. The students can change his/ her examination centre only after approval from the Controller of Examinations. For this, an application needs to be sent to the Controller of Examination through a proper channel elaborating his/her problems in detail at least one month before the commencement of the said examination. The Controller of Examinations will go through the documents and other factors and accordingly allow the candidate to sit in the examination centre as fixed by him only after a fee of INR 300 as new funding for the testing centre.
Last updated on April 28th, 2021 at 11:48 am
Ans. Yes, a candidate can appear in UPSC, APSC and Civil Services types of exams as the eligibility criteria for these exams is the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and KKHSOU is recognized by Distance Education Council, MHRD.
Last updated on April 28th, 2021 at 11:49 am
Ans. No, the university does not provide internships as the university is an open university. The students can get internship or placements on their own accord but the university doesn’t provide placement opportunities.
Last updated on April 28th, 2021 at 11:50 am
Ans. No, the students cannot pursue regular full-time courses as the University is an open university and only distance education is provided to the students.