Home » Posts tagged 'Kerala University of Health Sciences'
Tag Archives: Kerala University of Health Sciences
Last updated on August 24th, 2021
In 2010, the Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS) was established. Pharmacology, Nursing, Physiology, Emergency Medicine, Dermatology, Transfusion Medicine, Toxicology, and Internal Medicine are only a handful of the areas where KUHS has written. In the fields of Western Medicine, Homoeopathy, and Indian Systems of Medicine, including Ayurveda, Siddha, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, and other related sciences, the university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees. The majority of courses are admitted depending on the results of the qualifying test. The NEET-UG exam score is used to assess MBBS admissions. For the same, a qualifying percentile of 50% (general) is required .296 colleges are affiliated with KUHS Thrissur.
Kerala University of Health Sciences: Highlights
|Course Offered||UG, PG, PhD|
|Basic admission criteria||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Notable Alumni||Anna Rajan, Vinod Scaria, Jewel mary, Swasika, M.S Valiathan|
|Facilities available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
|Location||Kerala University of Health Sciences Medical college PO Thrissur, Kerala, India Pin 680 596|
Kerala University of Health Sciences: Top Courses
This University offers 130 courses but some of the top courses are tabulated below.
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery||5 Years|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery||5 Years|
|Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology [BASLP]||4 Years|
|Master of Science [MSc]||2 Years|
|Bachelor Degree in Cardiovascular Technology [BCVT]||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery [BHMS]||5 Years|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery [BDS]||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Siddha Medicine & Surgery [BSMS]||5 Years|
|Master of Surgery [MS]||3 Years|
|Doctorate of Medicine [MD]||3 Years|
|Doctorate of Medicine [DM] [Cardiology]||3 Years|
|Post Basic Bachelor of Science [P.B.B.Sc] (Nursing)||2 Years|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy [B.Pharm] (Ayurveda)||4 Years|
Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS): Admission Process
Admissions to MBBS and BDS programmes at Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur are based on NEET UG scores, M.D. and M.S. programmes are based on NEET PG scores, D.M and M.Ch programmes are based on NEET SS scores, MDS programmes are based on NEET MDS scores, PhD programmes are based on NEET MDS scores, and B.Pharm/ M.S. programmes are based on NEET. Until receiving full acceptance to the institution, students must have their documents checked and pay the entrance fees. The detailed information on the admission process in various courses is mentioned below.
Admission Procedure for MBBS/ BDS programmes-
- Candidates for admission to the MBBS programme must take the NEET exam and pass it (UG).
- Candidates must enrol for NEET (UG) therapy on the official website of NEET after scoring the qualifying marks in NEET (UG).
- Candidates must register for NEET (UG) therapy on the official website of NEET and submit all relevant documentation as well as payment of fees.
- Candidates must choose Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur as their first choice when filling out the NEET UG counselling form.
- NEET (UG) counselling, option filling, choice locking, record checking, and fee payment will all be used to determine KUHS Thrissur admissions to the MBBS scheme.
Kerala University of Health Sciences: Cutoff
|Category||Qualifying Percentage||Cutoff Marks|
|Unreserved (UR)||50 %||701-134|
|Unreserved PH (UR-PH)||45 %||133-120|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)||40 %||133-107|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40 %||133-107|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40 %||133-107|
Admission Procedure for M.D/M.S programmes-
- Students must appear and pass the NEET test in order to be accepted to M.D./M.S. programmes (PG).
- On the official website of NEET, students must enrol for NEET (PG) counselling.
- When registering for NEET (PG) therapy, candidates must send the necessary documentation as well as the required fees.
- Candidates must choose KUHS as their first choice in the NEET (PG) counselling method.
- Admissions will be provided depending on a number of considerations, including NEET (PG) counselling, option loading, choice locking, record checking, and fee payment.
Admission Procedure for D.M/M.Ch programmes-
- Candidates must have a clear NEET SS rating.
- Candidates who are eligible must apply for NEET SS counselling.
- Students must insert the relevant paperwork and pay the proper fees while registering for NEET SS counselling to ensure a satisfactory application.
- In the NEET SS counselling, candidates must choose Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur as their first choice.
- After record inspection and payment of dues, KUHS Thrissur will provide access to D.M/M.Ch programmes.
Admission Procedure for PhD programmes-
- Students interested in applying for admission must do so online via the institute’s official website.
- Students must apply for their registration forms, as well as all necessary paperwork and fees.
- To be admitted to KUHS Thrissur, you must first pass an entrance exam and then an interview conducted by the university.
- In addition, students must have their documentation checked and pay the necessary admission fees.
Admission Procedure for B.Pharm/ M.Pharm/ D.Pharma and other undergraduate/ postgraduate programmes-
- Candidates have to apply online on the official website of the university.
- Submission of applications forms has to be done after attaching all the needed documents.
- admissions to these programmes are given based on the score obtained in the qualifying exam.
- Finally, admissions will be offered based on merit, verification of attached documents and fees payment.
Essential Documents Required For Taking Admission
- Mark lists of qualifying examinations.
- Original Pass / Degree certificate (wherever applicable)
- Transfer certificate from the previous institution.
- Allotment letter from the competent authority.
- Score sheet of the concerned entrance examination
- Eligibility certificate and migration certificate (wherever applicable)
- Original certificate to verify the name and date of birth (SSLC/equivalent certificate).
- Internship certificate. ( wherever applicable)
- Caste Certificate (wherever applicable).
Kerala University of Health Sciences: Placements
Like any other medical college, many of the students do not choose the placement and further continue their higher studies. But in some courses, students go for placement. University itself organizes placement programs for students and they have a tie-up with some good hospitals and health care centres. College also provides some jobs in their own hospital and health care centre.
- For UG Programs-: 90% of students got placed in very renowned government or private hospitals.
- For PG Programs-:60-70% of students get placed in good hospitals with good salary packages.
The percentage of placement in the PG program is low because students after doing MS/MD want to establish their own private clinic so they do not opt for placements. The overall placement record of this college is good.
Kerala University of Health Sciences: Scholarship
- The programme is known as “KUHS-STUDENTSHIP.”
- Only students whose family’s annual income does not exceed Rs.50,000/- are eligible for assistance under the programme (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only).
- The programme aims to provide one-time financial aid to qualifying students who were admitted under the Government Merit Quota.
- The scheme’s aim is to offer financial support to financially vulnerable students in order to enable them to pursue their studies.
- Second-year college candidates in all fields of medicine and allied sciences may be eligible for assistance.
Rule and Regulation for KUHS STUDENTSHIP
- The Student Welfare Fund established by the University for this purpose would cover the costs of the Support Scheme.
- This is the second year. Undergraduate students from both sources that have a family annual income of less than Rs.50,000/- are liable for the scheme’s financial assistance.
- This system is not open to students who hold a management seat or who are non-resident aliens.
- If the cumulative claim by qualified students exceeds the University’s budgeted number, the University may establish scientific standards to determine which students are eligible for assistance.
- The University must set aside funds for each stream individually, and any funds that are not included in one stream can be transferred to other streams if necessary.
- The Dean of Student Affairs will invite qualifying applicants to submit applications in the specified format, which will be released on the website. As the Dean Student Affairs invites eligible students to apply, the students must send their applications, along with an income certificate, to the principal of the concerned college, who will forward them with recommendations, as well as a soft copy of the eligible students’ information in the University’s prescribed excel format (which must be sent to the e-mail address). Applications that do not follow the specified specification would be refused outright.
Kerala University Of Health Sciences: Facilities
The students at KUOHS have access to the following facilities:
- Computer Lab: The University has outstanding labs that are fitted with cutting-edge research instruments and lab assistants to support students with their experiments.
- Health Facility: To meet the medical needs of students and faculty, the university has an on-campus health facility.
- Canteen: It also has a canteen where students can get nutritious food and relax during their spare time.
- Auditorium: There is also an auditorium at the university where lectures and workshops are held.
Kerala University of Health Sciences: Faculty
In the total of 305 colleges, Kerala University of Health Sciences has 13,911 Faculty members and most of them are Doctors or PHD holders. The faculty members are really good and are the experts in their domain. The college’s faculty is extremely knowledgeable and experienced; many of the professors have been practising medicine for decades.
Kerala University of Health Sciences: FAQs
Last updated on May 5th, 2021
Ans: The best course offered by Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS) is MBBS because the maximum number of students are present in the MBBS department than in any other department.
Last updated on May 5th, 2021
Ans: 1,20,000 is per annum fees for MBBS and the course duration is 5 years.
Last updated on May 5th, 2021
Ans: To access the KUHS findings online,
- Go to http://www.kuhs.edu/.Visit the university’s official website.
- On the new page, click the “Timetable” icon under the Examination tab.
- Tap on the department tab for the course you’re taking on the “Timetable” list.
- On the new page, click the link for your course’s timetable.
- It is going to be downloaded.
Last updated on May 5th, 2021
Ans: The student must apply an application in the specified form, along with specifics of his or her medical card, first-year/final-year grades, and entrance exam rank list. This submission will then be forwarded to the Registrar via the Principal, along with a DD for INR 2000 payable at the SBI KUHAS branch in favour of the Registrar KUHS Thrissur as a processing fee. Along with the submission, the student should request a “No Objection Certificate” from both college principals.
Last updated on May 5th, 2021
Ans: Some of the top B.Sc (Medicine) colleges under KUHS are:
- Government Medical College
- Medical Trust Institute of Medical Sciences
- Al Shifa College of Paramedical Sciences
- Co-Operative Institute of Health Sciences
- Westfort Institute of Paramedical Science
- Institute of Paramedical Sciences Anjarakandy
- Academy of Medical Science Pariyaram