Home » Posts tagged 'Kalindi College'
Tag Archives: Kalindi College
Last updated on April 16th, 2021 at 04:26 pm
Kalindi College is a Government college located in New Delhi which was established in 1967. It is affiliated with University of Delhi and approved by UGC. Kalindi College has been accredited by NAAC as a graded A College. The institute offers UG courses like B. Sc, BA, BCom and PG courses offered as MA in three streams.
The admission procedure to this institution is through online mode, and the selection procedure is done on the basis of the merit of the last qualifying examinations for the UG courses. The candidates of the PG courses are either selected by the score of the last qualifying examination, or the selection process takes place through the entrance examination conducted by Delhi University.
The University offers various financial assistance to the deserving meritorious students and the facilities available for the students and staff within the campus includes Library, Canteen, Auditorium, Sports and more.
Kalindi College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1967| Public|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG|
|Popular Courses||BA, BCom, BSc, MA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance Examination|
|Top Recruiters||Lido Learning, S&P Global, Tata Power DDL, GMR Aviation Company|
|Facilities Available||Library, Auditorium, Sports, Labs, Canteen, Medical Facility, Bank and ATM facility|
Kalindi College Courses
The details of the B. A, B. Com, and B. Sc and MA courses are given below:
|B. A||English||Duration- 3 years
Eligibility- Candidates must pass their 10+2 examination with a minimum of 55%
|B. Com||–||Duration- 3 years
Eligibility-Candidates must have Mathematics in their 10+2 level and must have 55% and above
|B. Sc||Life Science||Duration- 3 years
Eligibility- Candidates must pass their 10+2 level with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics as their main subjects and must have 55% and above.
|MA||Political Science||Duration- 2 years
Eligibility- Candidates must pass their graduation degree in the respective discipline with 50% and above marks
Kalindi College Admissions
Kalindi College offers UG courses in 17 specializations. The candidates can apply for the courses only if they meet the eligibility criteria for the respective courses.
- For the Postgraduate course, candidates must have passed their graduation degree in the relevant discipline with not less than 50% of marks from a recognized university.
- For the Undergraduate courses, the candidate must pass their 10+2 level examination with a minimum of 55% of marks from a state or central recognized board.
The candidates for the UG courses are selected based on the merit of the last qualifying examination, and the candidates of the PG courses are either selected by the score of the last qualifying examination, or the selection process takes place through the entrance examination conducted by University of Delhi.
How to Apply?
The candidates must apply through the Online process. The candidates can follow the guidelines below.
- Go to the official website of Kalindi College.
- Register yourself with a valid phone number and email ID.
- After which the automated login credentials will be generated and shared over mail.
- Login in with the login credentials, and fill in the application form.
- Choose the desired course, enter the academic and personal details and upload the scanned documents which have been asked for in the online form.
- Pay the application fee through different online modes of payment and save the receipt.
- Submit the filled-in application form, and keep a printout of it for future requirements.
- Class X Board Examinations Certificate
- Class X Marks-sheet
- Class XII Marks-sheet
- Graduation Marks card (For PG Course)
- PG Marks Card, if any
- State subject certificate
- Category certificate, if any
- Character/ Migration Certificate
Kalindi College Placements
Kalindi College has a dedicated Placement Cell called Kryptus which was established in September 2017. The team members of the placement cell consist of students as well as faculty who work towards providing opportunities to the students for internship as well as placements. The student team is responsible to convey the requirements of their fellow students and to work towards finding the necessary means to address it. The placement cell also organizes seminars and webinars for students to prepare them for group discussions and personal interviews that they would have to face while appearing for placement drives conducted within the campus. Mock interviews are also conducted to make the students comprehend the professional etiquettes of the interview process.
Kalindi College Scholarships
The college offers Scholarships and fees concession to deserving students, for the financially backward and meritorious students. There are a total of 42 scholarships provided by the college to its students. Some of them are:
- Silver Jubilee Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to the Best All Round Student of the College.
- Sushma Gupta Scholarship: This scholarship is given to the Second-Best All-Round Student of the College.
- Audhya Gupta Scholarship: This scholarship is for 2nd Year Students and is awarded to the Best All Round Student.
- Iqbal Devi Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is for 1st year meritorious Students and is given to the Best All Round Student.
- Ganesh Das Agnihotri Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to the Best All Round Student of the Commerce Stream.
- Sardar Bakshish Singh Lamba Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is given to the Best All Round Student of B.SC Stream.
- Vidyawati Arora Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is given to the Best All Round Student of Hons Course.
Kalindi College Facility
Kalindi College provides various facilities to its students, some of it are:
- Computer and Internet: the college has a computer practical room, for the students with good internet facility. The college has modernized computer labs for the students.
- Digital Library: The college provides the facility of a Digital Library where the students can access the library from wherever they want.
- Health Centre: There is a health centre for the students and staff, where primary medications are provided in case of any injury.
- Sports Facility: students can participate in various sports events organized in this college. The college has a newly constructed Sports Utility Centre which is equipped with Sports Room, Gym, Judo and Yoga Room, Table Tennis Room and Changing Room for students and staff.
- Security Services: there are 24*7 security services in the college
- Utility Services: The college provides basic utility services to students which includes Bank and ATM, Photostat, Mother dairy and Nescafe counters and a canteen facility.
Last updated on April 16th, 2021 at 02:57 pm
Ans. The General candidates have to pay INR 250 while applying for the UG courses in Kalindi College, and the SC/ST candidates must pay INR 100 for applying for the same. The application fee must be paid through online payment mode viz. Net Banking, Credit card, Debit Card. The receipt copy of the same must be kept safely as it is to be shown during the admission process.
Last updated on April 16th, 2021 at 02:59 pm
Ans. The General candidates have to pay INR 500 while applying for the PG course in Kalindi College, and the SC/ST candidates must pay INR 250 for applying for the same. The application fee must be paid Online while filling the application form. The receipt copy of the same must be kept safely as it is to be shown during the admission process.
Last updated on April 16th, 2021 at 03:00 pm
Ans. The admission for the courses of the Kalindi college is done on the basis of merit, but also keeping in view of the reservation rules and regulation provided by the government. The reservation rules followed are mentioned below:
Last updated on April 16th, 2021 at 03:02 pm
Ans. Yes, a candidate can apply for all the courses of their choice in the single application form, but while doing this, they must check for the eligibility criteria for each course that the candidate has applied for. The form will be rejected in case the candidate fails to fulfill the eligibility criteria for any one of the courses.
Last updated on April 16th, 2021 at 03:06 pm
Ans. No, the candidate cannot take admission in more than one course, in case he/she is found to have taken admission in more than one subject, then his/ her admission for both the courses will be canceled by the college. Therefore, while paying the admission fee, the students must wisely choose their desired course.