Home » Posts tagged 'JoSAA Important Dates'
Tag Archives: JoSAA Important Dates
Last updated on September 13th, 2020 at 02:53 pm
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority, which jointly conducts the counselling and admission procedure for IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs, has finally released the tentative schedule for JEE Main Counselling 2020 (or JoSAA Counselling 2020). Due to COVID-19, all the procedures will be conducted with online reporting of candidates.
Given below are the qualifying exams and admitting institutes on the bases of those qualifying exams.
|Qualifying Examination||Admitting Institutes|
|JEE Main 2020 – B.E./B.Tech.||NITs, IIEST, IIITs (Triple-I-Ts) and GFTIs|
|JEE Main 2020 – B.Arch.|
|JEE Main 2020 – B.Planning|
|JEE Advanced 2020||IITs|
- NTA JEE Main Results (Out) Paper 1 – Check Now
- JoSAA Participating Institutes
- JEE Main Cut Off – Qualifying Cut Off Released
Full JoSAA Counselling 2020 Schedule
As per the official website, given below is the schedule of events for JoSAA 2020. Certain notes regarding the counselling schedule are also mentioned after the table.
|Declaration of JEE Main 2020 AIRs by Joint Apex Board||11th Sept 2020 (Released)|
|Declaration of JEE Advanced 2020 AIR by Joint Admission Board||5th Oct 2020|
|Candidate Registration / Filling of Choices of academic programs in JoSAA participating institutes||6th Oct 2020|
|AAT Results Declared||11th Oct 2020|
|Choice Filling by AAT Qualified candidates||11th Oct 2020 (After results)|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation – 1 (Based on choices filled on or before 11th Oct 2020)||12th Oct 2020|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation – 2 (Based on choices filled on or before 13th Oct 2020)||14th Oct 2020|
|Registration and Choice Filling for JoSAA Ends||15th Oct 2020|
|Seat Allocation – Round 1||17th Oct 2020|
|Online reporting: Fee Payment / Document Upload / Response by candidate to query (if required) – Round 1||17th to 19th Oct 2020|
|Last day to respond to query – Round 1||20th Oct 2020|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||21st Oct 2020 (10:00 AM)|
|Seat allocation – Round 2||21st Oct 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Online reporting: Fee Payment / Document Upload / Response by candidate to query (if required) – Round 2||22nd to 23rd Oct 2020|
|Last day to respond to query – Round 2||24th Oct 2020|
|Acceptance / Withdrawal of seat – Round 2||22nd to 24th Oct 2020|
|Display of seat status of filled / available seats||26th Oct 2020 (10:00 AM)|
|Seat allocation – Round 3||26th Oct 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Online reporting: Fee Payment / Document Upload / Response by candidate to query (if required) – Round 3||27th to 28th Oct 2020|
|Last day to respond to query – Round 3||29th Oct 2020|
|Acceptance / Withdrawal of seat – Round 3||27th to 29th Oct 2020|
|Display of seat status of filled / available seats||30th Oct 2020 (10 AM)|
|Seat allocation – Round 4||30th Oct 2020 (5 PM)|
|Online reporting: Fee Payment / Document Upload / Response by candidate to query (if required) – Round 4||31st Oct to 1st Nov 2020|
|Last day to respond to query – Round 4||2nd Nov 2020|
|Acceptance / Withdrawal of seat – Round 4||31st Oct to 2nd Nov 2020|
|Display of seat status of filled / available seats||3rd Nov 2020 (10 AM)|
|Seat allocation – Round 5||3rd Nov 2020 (5 PM)|
|Online reporting: Fee Payment / Document Upload / Response by candidate to query (if required) – Round 5||4th to 5th Nov 2020|
|Last day to respond to query – Round 5||6th Nov 2020|
|Notification of decision on seat confirmation – Round 5||6th Nov 2020 (8 PM)|
|Acceptance / Withdrawal of seat – Round 5 (Last round for seat withdrawal or exit from process)||4th to 6th Nov 2020|
|Display of seat status of filled / available seats||7th Nov 2020 (10 AM)|
|Seat allocation – Round 6 (Final Round for IITs)||7th Nov (5 PM)|
|Online reporting: Fee Payment / Document Upload / Response by candidate to query (if required) – Round 6 (FINAL ROUND FOR IITs)||8th Nov 2020|
|Last day to respond to query – Round 6||9th Nov 2020|
|Admission Process: Acceptance or Withdrawal of seat by document verification in physical mode at allocated institute (for NIT+ system)||9th to 13th Nov 2020|
- In order to accept the allocated seats, candidates must upload all the required documents and must pay the seat acceptance fee online as per the terms mentioned on the official website.
- The schedule above will be followed strictly. In case of any unexpected developments, students are advised to visit the official website for updates.
- Withdrawal and exit options can be exercised by candidates from 2nd round to 5th round only. No exit or withdrawal will be allowed after the 6th Nov 2020.
- For IITs – candidates who are allotted seats at IITs in 6th round for the first time, may continue document verification and deposit of fees during registration at admitting IIT.
Last updated on September 18th, 2020 at 05:16 pm
- Once the result for the JEE Main and JEE Advanced is announced, the colleges will start with the counselling process.
- The students who want to participate in JoSAA 2020 Counselling have to register online for the same.
Latest: Official JoSAA 2020 Registration dates have been announced by the authorities. Check Full Schedule Here
- Detailed JEE Main Counselling 2020 Process
- Qualifying JEE Main Cut Off for JoSAA Counselling (Released)
- NTA JEE Main Paper 1 Results (April / September Session)
What is JoSAA 2020?
- The Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) established the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) in 2016.
- It was established so that managing, conducting the counselling and allocation of seats to the eligible candidates for JEE Main and JEE Advanced can be streamlined.
- So, JoSAA helps the qualifying candidates for allotment of the seats to get admissions in the JoSAA participating institutes including IITs, NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs.
- Currently, 92 colleges will take part in the JoSAA Counselling 2020.
- Hence, JoSAA Counselling 2020 streamlines the seat allotment process for admissions to more than 30,000 undergraduate engineering seats.
- Finally, the eligible students who meet the JoSAA counselling eligibility criteria get seats based on their category.
- And yes, they must qualify the JEE Main/ Advanced for seats across IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
JoSAA 2020 Reporting Centers
- The candidates can only become a part of JoSAA 2020 Counselling if they have cleared the exam.
- Also, their name must be mentioned in the All India Rank list.
- So, to get admissions, the students have to attend the JoSAA counselling 2020.
- But, if they don’t attend the JoSAA counselling, their admission is automatically cancelled.
- Most importantly, the candidates have to visit the reporting centre on time. They must carry all of the important documents including JEE Main Admit Card.
List of all reporting centres in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs for JoSAA 2020-
|S. No.||College Code||College Name|
|1||201||Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar|
|2||202||Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur|
|3||203||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal|
|4||204||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad|
|18||218||NIT Arunachal Pradesh|
|29||229||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology Surat|
|30||230||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur|
|32||310||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram|
|33||901||College of Engineering Pune|
|34||402||Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi|
|35||403||Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar|
|36||410||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology|
|37||412||School of Engineering, Tezpur University, Napaam, Tezpur|
|38||415||School of Planning & Architecture: Vijayawada|
|39||416||Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir|
|40||417||Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur|
|41||421||University of Hyderabad|
|42||422||Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh|
|43||423||Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi|
|44||902||Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow|
|45||903||MBM Engineering College, JNV University, Jodhpur|
Note that this list is subject to change and is based on the data provided on the official website of JoSAA Counselling 2020.
Also Read | Top NITs and Expected Cut Offs 2020
How does JoSAA 2020 Counselling work?
- The applicants qualifying JEE Main or JEE Advanced will be allowed to take part in the JoSAA Counselling 2020.
- First, the candidates need to visit the official website online for JoSAA 2020 Registration.
- After that, they must choose their preferred JoSAA colleges and courses from the mentioned list available.
- Further, the JoSAA 2020 Counselling schedule will be mentioned on the official website post the results of JEE Main 2020.
- Finally, the seats are allocated based on the applicant’s ranking, category, availability of seats besides considering other factors as well.
- JoSAA 2020 Cut Off Ranking, Opening and Closing Ranks are released after counselling ends.
- The entire allocation process will be done online.
- And, once the seats have been allocated to the students, they need to get the documents verified and pay the fee at the allotted college.
- This is required to confirm their admission.
- The JoSAA counselling 2020 and seat allotment process are anticipated to be held from the end of September 2020.
JoSAA 2020 Counselling Procedure
- The candidates have to adhere to the JoSAA 2020 procedure as per schedule.
- Besides, the entire JoSAA counselling process has been divided into various steps.
- To begin with, you first need to visit the official website of JoSAA Counselling- josaa.nic.in 2020.
- Filling the choices online –
- The candidates have to log in to the JoSAA Counselling 2020 portal by filling their roll number and password.
- Then, the candidates need to fill the choices in the prescribed section and lock their preferences as per the prescribed dates.
- This is one of the most important steps in JoSAA Counselling 2020.
- So, the candidates must not forget to lock their filled choices before submitting.
- Besides, in case someone forgets to lock their choices, the last saved choices will be saved automatically.
- Provisional Offer of Seats & Confirmation–
- The candidates can check provisional seat allotment by visiting the website of JoSAA Counselling 2020 on the date specified in the schedule.
- And, once the seat has been allotted to the candidates, they have to download the provisional seat allocation letter.
- Also, they have to pay the seat acceptance fee.
- To sum up, the candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories have to pay INR 20,000.
- While the students belonging to other categories need to pay INR 45,000.
- The payments can be made through SBI net banking or e-challan.
Also Check | GFTIs in India and Expected Cut Off 2020
Reporting To College
- Document Verification-
- Once the students have accepted the seat, they have to appear at the reporting center for getting the verification process done of the documents.
- Moreover, the candidates must report the center at the mentioned date & time.
- Most importantly, the candidates must not forget to carry their original documents along with the photocopies as well.
- Failing to provide the same can result in the cancellation of the seats.
- The students who have selected float options can get a better seat in the next JoSAA counselling rounds. So, they have to report again with the documents for the verification process.
Candidates must get the following set of documents-
|Sl. No.||NITs, IIITs and GFTIs||IITs|
|1.||3 passport-sized photographs, identical to the ones uploaded during JEE Main.||2 passport-sized photographs, identical to the ones uploaded during JEE Main/ Advanced|
|2.||Class XII performance check||Class XII performance check|
|3.||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter|
|4.||Undertaking by the Candidate||Undertaking by the Candidate|
|5.||Proof of seat acceptance fee payment||Proof of seat acceptance fee payment|
|6.||Photo Identification Card (issued by Govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class 12 Admit Card)||Photo Identification Card (issued by Govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class 12 Admit Card)|
|7.||JEE Main 2020 Admit Card||JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card|
|8.||JEE Main 2020 Scorecard||Proof of Date of Birth (Class X Marksheet)|
|9.||Proof of Date of Birth (Class X Marksheet)||Class XII or any equivalent marksheet|
|10.||Class XII or any equivalent marksheet||Medical Certificate|
|11.||Medical Certificate||Category Certificate|
|12.||Category Certificate||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD), if applicable.|
|13.||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD), if applicable.||Passport for foreign nationals, OCI Certificate or PIO Card|
|14.||OCI Certificate or PIO Card||DS Certificate, if applicable|
|15.||JoSAA 2020 Candidate Registration and Choice Filling||JoSAA 2020 Registration-cum-locked Choices for seat allotment.|
- Reporting at the Admitting Institution –
- Finally, post the completion of all these processes, the candidates must report at the allotted JoSAA colleges.
- This is required so that further formalities related to the admission procedure can be completed.
Options on Seats Allotted in JoSAA Counselling 2020
There are some other options available for the students as well which include Freeze, Float, and Slide Options in JoSAA Counselling 2020-
- Firstly, the freezing option, for those individuals who accept the allotted seats and don’t want to take part in the next counselling rounds.
- Second, the floating option will be accepted by the students who accept the allotted seats but wish to get admission to a better preference.
- Finally, the sliding option will be chosen by those candidates who accept the allotted seats. But, seeking admission to an academic program of better preferences within the same JoSAA colleges or institution.
- The candidates are allowed to make amendments in this process.
- Hence, they can change from floating to sliding to freezing by mentioning about the same at the reporting center.
- Moreover, the slide and float option will be offered to those candidates only who have not been given admission to their first preference.
- However, no candidate can make changes in the last round of seat allocation.
- In case, the candidates don’t get a seat in the first round, then they are suggested to wait for the subsequent rounds.
- Because changes happen in the second round.
- For instance, the students who want to get admissions in other colleges might back out from JoSAA Counselling.
JEE JoSAA Counselling – Spot Round
- Spot rounds are held when there are any leftover seats even after the multiple JoSAA counselling rounds.
- However, the students must not rely on it by seeing the cutoffs of the spot round as this round takes place very late.
- Moreover, there is not any assurance whether this round will take place or not.
- So, the candidates who have taken admission and want to opt for sliding later can sit for the spot round.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
How to withdraw a seat in JoSAA Counselling?
- The students who have accepted the seat before but now want to withdraw that seat are allowed to do so.
- So, first, the candidates must fill their bank account details.
- After that, upload an image of a cancelled cheque in jpg format.
- Finally, download the withdrawal request letter.
- In the end, the candidates will have to appear at the reporting center.
- Certainly, they must carry the withdrawal request letter duly signed by them and their parents.
Also Check | Alternative Career Options Other Than JEE Main
NOTE: The candidates selecting the withdrawal option cannot take part in further JoSAA counselling rounds. They will get a refund after a deduction of INR 1000 as processing charges.
Difference between JoSAA and CSAB
Some of the differences between JoSAA and CSAB are listed below:
- JoSAA conducts the admission process for IITs, NITs and other colleges while CSAB conducts some special rounds to fill up the vacant seats for NITs, IIITs and various other colleges.
- CSAB does not conduct the admission process for IITs.
- In case you are not allotted any seat through JoSAA then you can switch to CSAB.
- If you already have a seat then also you can apply for CSAB special rounds as there are chances that you can secure a better branch.
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 06:13 pm
Answer: Mock allotment is conducted before the actual seat allotment process. It helps the candidates to know their chances of getting their desired colleges according to their ranks and preferences.
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 06:15 pm
Answer: JoSAA counselling 2020 will be conducted in 7 rounds till November 2020.
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 06:16 pm
Answer: You will have to log in using your JEE Main/ JEE Advanced Application Number and Password on the official website of JoSAA counselling registration page and fill the JoSAA counselling 2020 application.