Home » Posts tagged 'JoSAA Important Dates'
Tag Archives: JoSAA Important Dates
COVID-19 has delayed the academic calendar for students and colleges. As soon as IIT-D announces JEE Advanced Results, the race to get admissions in the top-most colleges of the country will begin. But, the candidates planning to get admission to prestigious colleges are confused about JoSAA 2020. For instance, it is a bit confusing situation regarding the general admission procedure, refunds, reporting, sliding, freezing, and others.
Once the result for the JEE Main and JEE Advanced is announced, the institutes will start with the counselling process. The counselling will be organized by Joint Seat Allocation Authority or JoSAA 2020. And, the students who want to participate in JoSAA Counselling have to register online for the same. JoSAA 2020 Registration starts soon after the announcement of JEE Advanced Results. Official JoSAA 2020 dates are yet to be announced by the autthorities.
What is JoSAA 2020?
The Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) established the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) in 2016. It was established so that managing, conducting the counselling and allocation of seats to the eligible candidates for JEE Main and JEE Advanced can be streamlined. So, JoSAA helps the qualifying candidates for allotment of the seats to get admissions in the participating institutes including IITs, NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs.
Currently, 92 institutes take part in the JoSAA Counselling. Hence, JoSAA Counselling streamlines the seat allotment process for admissions to more than 30,000 undergraduate engineering seats. Finally, the eligible students who meet the eligibility criteria get seats based on their category. And yes, they must qualifying the JEE Main/Advanced for seats across IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
JoSAA 2020 Reporting Centers
The candidates can only become a part of JoSAA 2020 Counselling if they have cleared the exam. Also, their name must be mentioned in the All India Rank list. So, to get admissions, the students have to attend the JoSAA counselling. But, in case they don’t attend the counselling, their admission is automatically cancelled. Most importantly, the candidates have to visit the reporting centre on time. They must carry all of the important documents including JEE Main Admit Card.
List of all reporting centres in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs for JoSAA 2020-
|S. No.||Institute Code||Institute Name|
|1||201||Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar|
|2||202||Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur|
|3||203||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal|
|4||204||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad|
|11||211||NIT Karnataka, Surathkal|
|18||218||NIT Arunachal Pradesh|
|29||229||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat|
|30||230||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur|
|32||310||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram|
|33||901||College of Engineering Pune|
|34||402||Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi|
|35||403||Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar|
|36||410||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology|
|37||412||School of Engineering, Tezpur University, Napaam, Tezpur|
|38||415||School of Planning & Architecture: Vijayawada|
|39||416||Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir|
|40||417||Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur|
|41||421||University of Hyderabad|
|42||422||Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh|
|43||423||Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi|
|44||902||Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow|
|45||903||MBM Engineering College, JNV University, Jodhpur|
Note that this list is subject to change and is based on the data provided on the official website of JoSAA Counselling.
How does JoSAA 2020 Counselling work?
The applicants qualifying JEE Main or JEE Advanced will be allowed to take part in the JoSAA Counselling session. First, the candidates need to register themselves online. After that, they must choose their preferred college and course from the mentioned list available. Further, the JoSAA 2020 Counselling schedule will be mentioned on the official website post the results of JEE Main 2020. Finally, the seats are allocated based on the applicant’s ranking, category, availability of seats besides considering other factors as well.
The entire allocation process will be done online. And, once the seats have been allocated to the students, they need to get the documents verified and pay the fee at the allotted institute. This is required to confirm their admission. The JoSAA counselling and seat allotment process is anticipated to be held from the end of August 2020.
JoSAA 2020 Counselling Procedure
The candidates have to adhere to the JoSAA 2020 procedure as per schedule. Besides, the entire JoSAA counselling process has been divided into various steps. To begin with, you first need to visit the official website of JoSAA 2020 – https://josaa.nic.in.
- Filling the choices online – The candidates have to log in to the JoSAA Counselling portal by filling their roll number and password. Then, the candidates need to fill the choices in the prescribed section and lock their preferences as per the prescribed dates. This is one of the most important steps in JoSAA Counselling. So, the candidates must not forget to lock their filled choices before submitting. Besides, in case someone forgets to lock their choices, the last saved choices will be saved automatically.
- Provisional Offer of Seats & Confirmation– The candidates can check provisional seat allotment by visiting the website of JoSAA Counselling on the date specified in the schedule. And, once the seat has been allotted to the candidates, they have to download the provisional seat allocation letter. Also, they have to pay the seat acceptance fee. To sum up, the candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories have to pay INR 20,000. While the students belonging to other categories need to pay INR 45,000. The payments can be made through SBI net banking or e-challan.
Reporting To College
- Document Verification- Once the students have accepted the seat, they have to appear at the reporting center for getting the verification process done of the documents. Moreover, the candidates must report the center at the mentioned date & time. Most importantly, the candidates must not forget to carry their original documents along with the photocopies as well. Failing to provide the same can result in the cancellation of the seats. The students who have selected float options can get a better seat in the next counselling rounds by JoSAA. So, they have to report again with the documents for the verification process.
- Reporting at the Admitting Institution- Finally, post the completion of all these processes, the candidates must report at the allotted college. This is required so that further formalities related to the admission procedure can be completed.
Options on Seats Allotted
There are some other options available for the students as well which include Freeze, Float, and Slide Options.
- Firstly, the freezing option, for those individuals who accept the allotted seats and don’t want to take part in the next counselling rounds.
- Second, the floating option, will be accepted by the students who accept the allotted seats. But, wish to get admission to a better preference.
- Finally, the sliding option, will be chosen by those candidates who accept the allotted seats. But, seeking admission to an academic program of better preferences within the same college or institution.
The candidates are allowed to make amendments in this process. Hence, they can change from floating to sliding to freezing by mentioning about the same at the reporting center. Moreover, the slide and float option will be offered to those candidates only who have not been given admission to their first preference.
Also Read|Participating JoSAA Colleges
However, no candidate can make the changes in the last round of seat allocation. In case, the candidates don’t get a seat in the first round, then they are suggested to wait for the subsequent rounds. Because, changes happen in the second round. For instance, the students who want to get admissions in other colleges might back out from JoSAA Counselling.
JEE JoSAA Counselling – Spot Round
Spot rounds are held when there are any leftover seats even after the multiple counselling rounds. However, the students must not rely on it by seeing the cutoffs of the spot round as this round takes place very late. Moreover, there is not any assurance whether this round will take place or not. So, the candidates who have taken admission and want to opt for sliding later, can sit for the spot round.
Latest News Updates
- NTA Re-opens JEE Main Application Form For Candidates, Last Date To Apply Is 24th May
- Turn Lockdown Period Into An Opportunity”, says Anand Kumar of Super 30 to JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2020 Syllabus not reduced, says NTA
- JEE Main 2020: Dates announced by the MHRD, Examination to be conducted from July 18 to 23, 2020
- New Batches for IITs and NITs to start in September 2020
How to withdraw a seat?
The students who have accepted the seat before but now want to withdraw that seat are allowed to do so. So, first, the candidates must fill their bank account details. After that, upload an image of cancelled cheque in jpg format. Finally, download the withdrawal request letter. At the end, the candidates will have to appear at the reporting center. Certainly, they must carry the withdrawal request letter duly signed by them and their parents.
Most importantly, the candidates selecting the withdrawal option cannot take part in further counselling rounds. The students will get a refund after a deduction of INR 1000 as processing charges.