Home » Posts tagged 'Jesus and Mary College'
Tag Archives: Jesus and Mary College
Last updated on April 27th, 2021 at 10:09 am
Jesus and Mary College was established in 1968 and is located in New Delhi. The College is accredited by NAAC ‘A’ Grade.
JMC New Delhi offers both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in various streams. Some of the top courses offered by this college include BSc, BA, MA etc.
Eligibility for UG courses is 10 + 2 passed recognized board and the same for PG courses is Graduation passed in relevant field from a recognized university.
Admission to numerous UG and PG courses offered by the Jesus and Mary College is done based on merit in the qualifying examination.
JMC New Delhi Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1968 | Public/ Government|
|Approved by||NAAC ‘A’ Grade|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Courses Offered||Postgraduate ,Undergraduate and Certificate Courses|
|Popular Courses||B.A (Hons), B.Com (Hons)|
|Top Recruiters||ICICI Bank, MAZAR, POSist, FIS,Deloitte USI, Godrej, Zero 1 and many more.|
|Campus Area||15 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports etc.|
Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi Ranking
- The Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi is ranked 37 out of 200 in terms of Top Colleges in India by NIRF.
- Ranked 20 out of 50 in India 2020 by The Week for Arts and 23 out of 50 in India 2020 for Commerce by The Week in 2020
JMC New Delhi Courses Offered
The Jesus and Mary College comprises 15 departments that offer a total of seven courses in various disciplines. Some of the top courses offered by JMC, New Delhi are as follows:
|B.Voc||Retail Management and IT||
|Certificate Courses||Financial Management||
|Corporate Communication and Public Relations|
Apart from the courses mentioned above the college also provides the centre of distance learning and part time programs.
JMC New Delhi Admissions
The Admission process in JMC is very basic. Being a minority establishment, the normal structure doesn’t work here. Students should initially apply on the University of Delhi application portal, from there on top of the JMC Admission form.
JMC Admission to the undergraduate program in JMC, as wherever else in DU, relies upon the percentage of marks acquired in 10+2 or its same.
- JMC Admission is performed after an underlying screening of qualifying marks as referenced by hopeful students at the time of application.
- After the screening, the legitimacy cum cut-off list will be delivered by the college. Students need to report in the individual universities alongside marks sheet and other important documents where verification of documents will be performed.
- After fulfillment of Admission formalities, college specialists will refresh the admission status of the students on the UG Admission Portal. The students will at that point require paying the application fee online mode till 12 early afternoon of the following day.
- Students applying under sports classification and ECA class will be needed to show up for preliminaries alongside every original document/ Certificates according to the timetable.
How to apply?
Students have to follow the below mentioned steps in order to apply for JMC Admissions:
- Visit the Admission section of Delhi University
- Click on the ‘New Applicant Sign Up’ link and then register yourself
- After successful registration, click on ‘Save this information for future reference’ link
- Visit the home page and click on ‘Registered Candidates Sign In’ link
- Login using registered email id and password and click on apply now
- Fill in the personal and academic details
- Choose your preferred college and course
- Enter bank details
- Upload soft copies of signature, passport size photograph, self-attested photocopies of other necessary documents
- Pay the application fee through internet banking or credit /debit card
Candidates are supposed to present the following documents at the time of counseling:
- Application form
- Memorandum of Marks (Inter or it’s equivalent).
- Proof of Date of Birth (SSC or its Equivalent Memo).
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Matriculation and Intermediate Certificates.
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate of father/mother for a period of 10 years.
- Integrated Community Certificate,
- Local status certificate
- Applicants claiming reservation under NCC/ Sports/ PH/ CAP/ Minorities shall bring the original certificates
JMC New Delhi Cutoff Marks
The Cut-Off for the top courses offered by the Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi for UR Category for the year 2019-20 is given below:
|Sociology||96% with Sociology and 98% without Sociology|
|Psychology||98% with 85% and above in Psychology. 99% without Psychology|
|Political Science||96.5% with Political Science and 98.5% without Political Science|
|Hindi||65% Aggregate and 70% in Hindi|
|English||97% Commerce stream and 95% Science and Humanities with Core English 94%|
|Economics||96.25% with Economics and 98.25% without Economics|
JMC New Delhi Placements
The JMC Placement Cell gives abundant freedoms as well as brings to the students chances for internship, partnership and grounds ambassadorship. It conducts talks and workshops to connect the information gap among students and organizations.
In the year 2019-2020, an aggregate of 102 students have been enlisted by different organizations.
The list incorporates Deloitte, Grant Thorton, Oberoi Hotels, Royal Bank of Scotland, Zomato, DHFL, Ernst and Young, Evalueserve, Capital IQ to give some examples.
The details of college placements are provided in the table given below:
|Percentage of Students Placed||100 %|
|Highest CTC||INR 6 LPA|
|Minimum CTC||INR 1 LPA|
|Top Recruiter||ICICI Bank,Godrej, Deloitte USI etc|
JMC New Delhi Facilities
The facilities offered at the Jesus and Mary College are provided below:
- University Library- The College Library spreads in more than three stories of an amazing structure, gives admittance to Students to a wide scope of global and public diaries, magazines, every day papers and books, becoming computerized media assortments and other written words to help exploration and learning.
- Healthcare- The College concentrates on the well-being and cleanliness of students. It houses a clinical room outfitted with essential clinical guide offices. In the event of crisis, the student is taken to the closest emergency clinic.
- Canteen – The College Canteen was rebuilt into an open-kitchen Cafeteria following FSSAI rules in 2017. It gives sound, nutritious and sterile food at sensible rates, making it understudy well disposed.
- Sports Facility- The school invests wholeheartedly in its complete open air and indoor games preparing and wellness foundation. It is accordingly nothing unexpected that Jesus and Mary College has for a long time won honors for games inside the University and in National and International occasions.
JMC New Delhi Scholarships
As this is a government run college, students get scholarships and all the facilities that are provided by the government and various trusts every year. Students belonging to reserved classes like SC/ST/EBC and physically handicapped get more scholarships.
Following are some of the scholarships offered to the students:
- The Kesar Memorial Award- Students pursuing BA Philosophy Course get INR 600 award.
- Sh. Anand Prakash Johri Memorial Scholarship- Students pursuing BSc Mathematics Honours Course will get this Scholarship. INR 1000 is provided to 2nd and 3rd-year students who secured highest marks in the university examination.
- The Smt Kamalakshi Memorial Scholarship- SC/ ST students pursuing Bachelor in Arts will get this Scholarship. INR 100 is given to the best among BA (Prog.) who attend at least 75-85 percent of tutorials and secure a minimum 45% in Internal Assessment and mid-term examinations.
- Anupma Nair Memorial Scholarship- Students pursuing English honours will get benefited. INR 1000 for a candidate for academic excellence combined with extracurricular activities
JMC New Delhi FAQs
Last updated on April 26th, 2021 at 06:03 pm
Ans. The college does not offer any sort of hostel facilities for students. However, students can get a large number of PG options nearby the college campus.
Last updated on April 26th, 2021 at 06:03 pm
Ans. Yes; Jesus and Mary College is affiliated to the University of Delhi and is a Women’s only college.
Last updated on April 26th, 2021 at 06:04 pm
Ans. Yes JMC is really a good college and offers a large number of courses in distinct disciplines to students.
Last updated on April 26th, 2021 at 06:06 pm
Ans. The campus life at JMC is pretty amazing and enjoyable. JMC is one of the best college campuses in Delhi University with good infrastructure and beautiful gardens and fields.
Last updated on April 26th, 2021 at 06:07 pm
Ans. The library is fully computerized and has approximately 50,000 books and bound journals.