Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Mock Test'
Tag Archives: JEE Mock Test
E-learning using an internet-based learning platform is growing day by day, with new means being developed in order to combat the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak by learning from home. With that in consideration, the HRD Ministry has launched an AI-powered mock test mobile application for students aspiring for JEE Main 2020 as well as NEET 2020, conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
The mobile application has been named ‘National Test Abhyas’ and is currently available on Android Play Store only. The Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, said, “The launch of this application is to ensure that no student is left behind in getting exposure to practising mock tests, especially when students’ loss due to closure of educational institutions is to be compensated and NTA’s Test-Practice Centers are also shut due to the COVID-19 lockdown.” NTA Test Practice Centers were set-up by NTA to enable students to practice mock tests in an exam-like environment.
Mr Pokhriyal said that students all over the country can use this application to practice mock tests of JEE Main as well as NEET. Currently, JEE Main is conducted only using Computer-Based Mode while NEET is conducted using pen and paper mode.
As of now, there is only one mock test for each of the examinations. NTA has planned to upload one new mock test on the application every day for both JEE and NEET. Students can then download and attempt the mocks offline as well. Once the test is completed, students can go online to submit the mock test and review their test report. Students can easily sign up using their email address or phone number in order to start attempting mock tests. The application size is 19 MB as per the Play Store.
“The NTA has also set up live support from 10 AM to midnight for the first seven days of the release of the application to help with any issues experienced by the students who are attempting the mock tests”, HRD minister said.
The issue with areas under low internet speed is not being able to take mock tests due to uneven internet. This problem is solved with the ability to download the full test offline. “It’s evident that the app’s major benefit is that the test works perfectly even without the internet if it has been downloaded in the device. This will prove advantageous for students in areas of low internet bandwidth and remove obstacles in the way of online or computer-based test preparation”, Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal added. According to the screenshots available, the mock test application requires you to turn on airplane mode on the mobile device to start the mock test. This helps the students to take the mock test without any distractions or notifications on their mobile phone.
According to the official report, currently the app is available on Android smartphones and tablets and it can be downloaded from Google Play Store (link provided below). The app will be soon available on iOS using the Apple App Store.
As the name and icon of the application suggests, it has been developed by the National Testing Agency. The similarity of the actual examination and the mock tests provided here is very accurate. Currently, the app has a rating of 4.7 on Google Play Store.
Google Play Store Link for ‘National Test Abhyas’ – Click here
Latest Update: NTA has launched a free AI-Powered Mock Test Application named ‘National Test Abhyas‘ for JEE Main 2020 to boost preparation of aspirants amid the country-wide lockdown due to COVID-19. Students can attempt new JEE Main Mock Test every day.
NTA is now providing free JEE Main Mock Test and lectures online on their official website in both English and Hindi languages. From 2019, NTA conducts JEE Main twice every year. The authority will conduct the second session of JEE Main 2020 from 1st September- 6th September, 2020 as per the latest announcement. This is because of its postponement due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The organizing authority has also decided to scrap the pen and paper-based test from 2019. This means, the exam will be now conducted in online mode only. As as result, it has created a big uproar among candidates who are not familiar with the online mode. Therefore, NTA has established nearly 3000 Test Practice Centers to aid students from remote areas to practice for the online computer-based test. They simply need to register for the NTA practice centers on the official site.
This article covers detailed steps over how to utilise free NTA’s JEE Main Mock Tests available on the official website. And how to register for the new NTA test practice centers.
How to take free JEE Main Mock Tests on NTA’s website?
- To get started with the NTA’s JEE Main mock test please visit the official website – nta.ac.in/quiz.
- Candidates would have to select the exam they are appearing for and select a corresponding paper of their choice.
- Click on “Start Mock Test”.
- Candidates would not be asked for any credentials. After this, press login.
- At the beginning of the NTA’s JEE Main Mock Test, general instructions would be provided. The instructions would help the students to know the to-dos in the mocks.
- After making declarations on general instructions, click on “Proceed”.
- Question board on the right side of the screen would be depicting the status of the questions in the mock test. For different status, different colours are involved to show the answer status of each question.
Aspirants can also use NTA’s Mock Test Application – National Test Abhyas – for practising more than 25 Mock Tests of JEE Main 2020. They can also suggest it to their friends aspiring for NEET, as it offers free NEET Mock Tests as well. Use the Google Play Store link to download the app.
Answer status as per the colour of buttons
- Grey – Unvisited
- Green – Answered
- Red – Not answered
- Purple – Marked for review and has not answered yet
- Purple with a green circle – Marked for review but has been answered
How to attempt the JEE Main January 2020 Session as Mock Test?
Aspirants can now attempt JEE Main January 2020 session as a Mock Test for practice.
- To attempt January Session Mock Test follow the same steps as given above.
- Under ‘Select exam you would like to appear’ choose JEE Main.
- Papers list will update. Select any of the papers from the January 2020 session of JEE Main in the drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Start Mock Test’.
The mock test is available in English, Hindi and Gujarati, similar to the actual examination.
JEE Main Mock Test Papers – Free Download PDFs
Alternatively, if you wish to free download the JEE Main Question Papers for January 2020 session, links are given below for the official question papers PDFs from NTA’s website-
|JEE Main Paper||Date and Shift||Download Link|
|Paper 1||7th Jan 2020 – Shift 2||Download|
|8th Jan 2020 – Shift 1||Download|
|8th Jan 2020 – Shift 2||Download|
|9th Jan 2020 – Shift 1||Download|
|9th Jan 2020 – Shift 2||Download|
|Paper 2||6th Jan 2020 – Shift 1||Download|
|6th Jan 2020 – Shift 2||Download|
|Paper 3||6th Jan 2020 – Shift 1||Download|
|6th Jan 2020 – Shift 2||Download|
How to download the JEE Main Mock Test for Offline Use?
If a candidate wishes to download the complete NTA Mock Test and wants to use them offline, it is possible as well. To do this, follow the instructions below-
- Head over to the official website of NTA – nta.ac.in.
- Click on the ‘Downloads’ section in the tabs given above.
- Now, under this page, you will find an option saying ‘Download Mock Test’
- Click on the same.
- The complete package or software of about 300 MBs will start downloading. This mock test will contain mocks from all the other examinations as well.
Benefits of JEE Main Mock Test
JEE Main Mock Test is a simulation for the actual JEE Main examination. The various standpoints discusses the importance of attempting a mock test and how it is equally more important as the main exam.
- JEE Main Mock Test allows you to develop the right approach for attempting the test in a computer-based environment.
- The JEE Main Test series helps the students to learn new techniques for the examination.
- Time Management is the key to the JEE Main Mock Test as it helps to understand whether all questions cannot be solved within the specified time.
- Mock Test helps students to determine where they are lagging behind and where improvement is required.
- JEE Main Mock Test assists students to understand exam patterns and the type of questions asked in the examination.
- Furthermore, practising Mock Tests will help the aspirants to know about the online mode of the exam. It will help the students to adapt to the real-time scenario.
- The various answer status indicators in JEE Main Mock Test help students develop better management techniques for the examination.
Points to take care while attempting JEE Main Mock Test 2020
- The time duration for the exam is 3 hours.
- The remaining time of the test would be displayed on the countdown timer which is fixed at the right-hand corner on top of the screen.
- After the allotted time is over, the exam would be submitted automatically.
- If a question is answered and is marked for review as well, then that answer would be considered for marking in the actual exam.
- Candidates may also revisit the questions that they have left unanswered and marked for review.
How to navigate through questions in the JEE Main Mock Test?
- On clicking any question number from the question board, you would be reaching that question directly. But this should not be used to save your answer for the current question.
- Second, to answer any question, click on the “save and next” button and you would be directed to the next question.
- Candidates may also use “Mark for review and next”. As a result, this would save the answer and would guide you to the next question.
How to answer the questions and navigate the sections?
- Choose the option desired by you and click on the “Save and Next” button which would save your answer and lead you to the next question in sequence.
- In order to change your answer, click on the respective option.
- “Clear Response” is used when you want to erase a marked answer.
- “Mark for Review and Next” would save your answer if you have chosen an option and mark it for review. If you haven’t chosen any given option, it will simply mark the question for review by turning it into a purple circle.
- All the sections are named on the top of the screen and the section which is being viewed would get highlighted.
- To go through a particular section, just click on that section. And to go from one section to another, the last question of the section being viewed must be visited.
- The new section would start from the very first question of it.
- This implies that the section and questions can be accessed anytime by the candidates.
Latest News Updates
- Live Update: JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2020 Postponed, New Dates Set For September
- Turn Lockdown Period Into An Opportunity”, says Anand Kumar of Super 30 to JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2020 Syllabus not reduced, says NTA
- JEE Main 2020: Dates announced by the MHRD, Examination to be conducted from July 18 to 23, 2020
- New Batches for IITs and NITs to start in September 2020
NTA Practice Centers Set Up for JEE Main Mock Test 2020
NTA has introduced a new facility regarding the JEE Main mock tests. Now students can avail free mocks at NTA practice centres. Students do not need to fill any credentials for the login but have to register to avail the service. The free online JEE Main mock tests at NTA Practice Centres would be accessible to only those students who have registered for them. By doing so, NTA aims at-
- Making the students familiar with the pattern of the online exam.
- It gives the candidates an opportunity to work on time management.
- Second, it gives a prior experience so that the students don’t panic in the real examination.
- Furthermore, it helps students in evaluating their preparation and to find their weak areas and work upon them.
Steps to Register for JEE Main 2020 Practice Centers
- Visit the official website, https://ntatpcsr.in/
- Login using your Facebook or Google credentials.
- Students can register using email and phone number too.
- Submit personal details and upload your scanned photograph along with a valid photo ID.
- After this, submit contact details and academic details/exam details. And in the end, choose five practice centres according to your convenience and get your registration done.
- The number of registrations per practice centre does not have any limit but they would be allotted on the basis of first come first serve only.
Best Online Test Series for JEE Main Mock Tests
Let us discuss some educational institutes which provide free as well as paid JEE Main Mock Tests. These institutes also host the best online test series for JEE Main.
Allen is a top coaching institute which provides one of the best JEE Main Mock Test series to aspirants. A large number of students take part in JEE Main Mock Test series from Allen due to which it is considered as one of the best competitive environments for students. Price for the test series ranges from INR 1000 to 3500.
Vedantu is one of the best e-learning portals on the internet. It provides free as well as paid JEE Main Mock Test Series for aspiring students. Currently, Vedantu is offering free video classes as well as free mock tests to practice during the lockdown imposed due to COVID-19 outbreak.
Aakash Institute is another top institute providing one of the best mock series on the internet. Aakash offers a few free mock tests on its digital platform and a large number of mock tests under their paid test series. The digital learning platform of Aakash is divided into three heads – Aakash PracTest, Aakash iTutor, Aakash Live. Aakash PracTest is just another branding for their JEE Main Mock Test series with prices ranging from INR 1099 to 2099.
Unacademy is the best resource for students which provides free video lectures on almost every subject. Along with this, JEE Main Mock Tests are available on Unacademy as well with a deep analysis of the test by a subject matter expert. Furthermore, a complete analysis is provided in a lecture video for various sections. The important part is since the JEE Main Mock Test available here is free of cost, it will provide a better rank prediction due to maximum participation.
Other than this some famous online mock test series are – FIITJEE Mock Test Series for JEE Main and Advanced, Resonance Mock Test Series for JEE Main, BYJU’s Online Mock Test Series for JEE Main. Attempt free trials of each of these mock series and choose what suits you the best.
Can aspirants score higher with online test series of JEE Main Mock Tests?
During this period of super-fast internet, it is pretty easy for aspirants to practice using JEE Main Mock Test provided under various online test series by educational portals. There are a ton of benefits with these such as-
- Deep analysis of results – Based on various mock tests taken by a student, they analyse the data and provide the data regarding weak and strong topics. This saves additional time that students might waste on analysing on their own.
- Rank Prediction – Rank prediction is something very popular nowadays. Based on various inputs from the candidates, and the overall performance in JEE Main Mock Tests, they provide a light prediction of the rank for the candidate. Later on, the rank prediction is also provided based on answer key and inputs.
- Sectional Tests – A lot of paid online mock test series for JEE Main provide sectional and topic-based tests for the purpose of revision on a specific topic. This is useful if a candidate wants to improve any certain weak areas.
- Numerical Value-Based Questions – With the introduction to the new pattern, students were mostly confused about the numerical questions which will have no negative marking. These questions were not available in books as almost every other sample paper provided only MCQs. With JEE Main Mock Tests, students get a large question bank of numerical value-based questions.
- Tips and Strategies – The JEE Main Mock Test series are developed by some of the best faculties who have a long experience in the educational field. They provide helpful tips and develop strategies for students which might not be available in any particular book.
JEE Main Exam Pattern
Before heading towards JEE Main Mock Tests, a student must know the JEE Main exam pattern for various papers of JEE Main. Mock Tests by various institutes are available majorly for Paper 1 as it constitutes a large number of applicants and has seen a continuous increase in registrations. Given below is the exam pattern for all three papers of JEE Main 2020.
Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech)
Previously, there were a total of 90 questions in Paper 1 with 30 questions from each section. Now, the total number of questions have been reduced to 75 with each section having 25 questions. This new pattern of examination has been implemented since the January 2020 examination. Out of these 25 questions, 20 will be of MCQ type and the rest 5 questions will be numerical value-based questions. Numerical value-based questions will not have negative marking. All the three sections will be given equal weightage. The total marks of Paper 1 are 300.
|Section||Total Number of Questions||Type of Questions|
|Physics||25||MCQ Type: 20
Numerical Value Type: 5
|Chemistry||25||MCQ Type: 20
Numerical Value Type: 5
|Mathematics||25||MCQ Type: 20
Numerical Value Type: 5
Paper 2 (B.Arch)
Paper 2 will have a total of 77 questions divided into three sections – Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing. The Mathematics section will be the same as Paper 1. The Drawing section previously had 3 questions but from 2020 onwards, it will have 2 questions of 50 marks each. Only this section will be conducted in an offline mode (Pen and Paper-based). The total marks of Paper 2 will constitute a total of 400 marks
|Section||Number of Questions||Type of Questions|
|Aptitude||Total: 50||MCQ Type: 50|
|Drawing||Total: 2||Drawing Type: 2|
|Mathematics||Total: 25||MCQ Type: 20
Numerical Value Type: 5
Paper 3 (B.Planning)
This is a newly introduced paper for B.Planning courses in colleges. Paper 3 will have a total of 100 questions which will be divided into three sections – Aptitude, Mathematics and Planning. Here too, the Mathematics section will be the same as Paper 1. Paper 3 will constitute a total of 400 marks.
|Section||Total Number of Questions||Type of Questions|
|Aptitude||50||MCQ Type: 50|
|Planning-based questions||25||MCQ Type: 25|
|Mathematics||25||MCQ Type: 20
Numerical Value Type: 5
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
The JEE Main Syllabus is vast and for some students, it is never-ending. But the real benefit of knowing the syllabus for JEE Main helps you keep a track of what topics need to be worked upon. Moreover, syllabus of JEE Main is similar to CBSE curriculum of Class 11 and Class 12. A lot of Online Mock Test Series for JEE Main provide topic-wise tests, Class 11th mock tests, Class 12th mock tests which must be taken by students to fully prepare with easy and difficult questions of that topic. Given below is a short summary of the syllabus for various sections of JEE Main-
The syllabus for Physics is tabulated below:
|Kinematics||Properties of Solids & Liquids||Magnetic Effects of Current|
|Physics & Measurement||Kinetic Theory of Gases||Thermodynamics|
|Gravitation||Electromagnetic Waves||Oscillations & Waves|
|Laws of motion||Rotational Motion||Electrostatics|
|Work, Energy & Power||Current Electricity||Optics|
The syllabus for chemistry is tabulated below:
|States of Matter||Surface Chemistry||Chemical Bonding|
|D and F Block Elements||Equilibrium||Solutions|
|Basic concepts of chemistry||Molecular Structure||Redox reactions|
|Block Elements||Chemical Thermodynamics||Atomic Structure|
|Chemical Kinetics||Components with Halogens||Environmental Chemistry|
The syllabus for mathematics is tabulated below:
|Sets, Relations & Functions||Permutation & Combination||Binomial Theorem|
|Trigonometry||Quadratic Equations||Vector Algebra|
|3D Geometry||Coordinate Geometry||Integral Calculus|
|Differential Equations||Sequences & Series||Limits & Continuity|
|Matrices & Determinants||Statistics & Probability||Complex Numbers|
Aptitude Syllabus (Part 1)
- Surfaces and objects associated with Architecture and as building elements.
- Familiarization with places, relevant people, structures/buildings and materials/objects.
- Capability of visualizing various sides of 3D items.
- Transformation capabilities of 3D objects from 2D drawings.
- Mental Capability of Analytical & Reasoning concepts
- Structure and drawing of geometrical or dynamic shapes & examples in pencil.
- 3D perception: Analyzing and developing concepts about scale and object proportions, building structures & components, shading surface, agreement, and complexity.
- Change of structures between both 2D and 3D figures and their inter-relations, subtraction, surface & volume development, plan generation, heights.
- Drawing and Designing of geometrical or abstract shapes & patterns in pencil
- Transformation of forms both 2D and 3D union
- Elevation and 3D views of objects rotation
- Development of Surfaces and Volumes
- Generation of Plan
- Creating 2D & 3D compositions using given shapes and forms
- Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes
- General Awareness with regard to government programs/schemes, development issues etc.
- Critical thinking, Comprehension, Analytical skills, Map reading skills, Graphs, Charts, Simple statistics etc.
- Social Sciences.
Students studying at home are pushing themselves to enhance their preparation levels. During these times, NTA’s Mock Tests are a great source for revision. Students have apt time to practice mock test series from other platforms as well. NTA has also launched National Test Abhyas so that students can practice tests at home easily. So, do not wait anymore, and boost your preparations with free JEE Main Mock Tests!