Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main Rank Previous Year Trends'
Tag Archives: JEE Main Rank Previous Year Trends
Last updated on August 24th, 2021 by user
JEE Main Rank is important for those who want to take part in the JEE Main JoSAA Counselling as well as those who want to qualify to appear in JEE Advanced 2021. NTA organizes JEE Main nationwide. The authority will release JEE Main Rank once they announce the JEE Main 2021 Result.
- This exam is the first step for admission to top engineering institutes accepting the JEE Main Score Card.
- Students can take JEE Main 4 times in a year that is in February, March, April and May.
- Students get admissions to-
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs),
- National Institutes of Technology (NITs), and
- Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) through JEE Main Marks and Ranks.
- JEE Main 2021 February session will be conducted from 23rd to 26th February 2021. Read More
- NTA has made some changes in the JEE Main 2021 exam pattern. Read More
- JEE Main 2021 application forms for February session can be filled till 16th January 2021. Read More
This article will help you understand the difference between JEE Main Ranks vs Marks. It will also help in understanding NTA JEE Main Percentile Score and JEE Main Cut Off Trends.
JEE Main 2021 Rank List Preparation Process
- According to the performance of the aspirants, NTA announces eight JEE Main Rank Lists for all the papers of JEE Main 2021.
- In this context, the JEE Main Score Card is made as per the category.
- Check the table to understand the types of JEE Main Rank Lists-
|Common Rank List (CRL)||Gen, Gen-PWD, OBC-NCL, OBC-NCL-PWD, SC, SC-PWD, ST or ST-PWD and Foreign Nationals|
|OBC-NCL Rank||OBC-NCL for OBC-NCL-PWD|
|SC Rank List||SC or SC- PWD|
|ST Rank List||ST or ST- PWD|
|CRL-PWD rank list||GEN-PWD, OBC-NCL-PWD, SC-PWD, or ST-PWD|
|OBC-NCL-PWD rank list||OBC-NCL-PWD|
|SC- PWD Rank List||SC- PWD|
|ST- PWD Rank List||ST- PWD|
- Want to Take Admission in IIT Roorkee? Check IIT Roorkee Cut Off here
- JEE Main 2021 Reservation Criteria
Many factors determine the JEE Main Rank. The most important rank determining factor is the JEE Main score secured by the students.
- JEE Main Score 2021 will determine the qualifying cutoff for JEE Advanced and your chances to Top IITs.
- It will also play a vital role in determining the JEE Main Ranks.
- The aspirants can check the last year’s JEE Main Results to get an idea for this year.
- Final selection and admissions are on the basis of counselling but you can determine your estimated JEE Main 2021 Rank if you know your score.
- JEE Main Score or NTA Score is available in JEE Main Score Card.
- This will help you in figuring out the colleges that you are eligible for and will further boost your confidence.
JEE Main Seat Allocation: Seat Matrix
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) conducts the seat allocation and counselling procedure.
- Hence, the students can identify the qualification score of the applicants for JEE Advanced and JEE Main.
- There are 110 colleges (23 IITs, 20 IIITs, 26 GFTIs, 31 NITs and IIEST) that will take part in JoSAA 2021 counselling process.
- The below-mentioned table shows the seat matrix category wise and institute-wise data:
JEE Main Cut off Trends
- The candidates will be able to understand the cut off trends of the previous years and will make a perception of the current year’s cut off.
- However, the cut off scores are fluctuating as per the difficulty level of the paper, the total number of exam takers etc.
JEE Main Rank Vs Percentile 2021: What Is JEE Main Percentile Score?
- The JEE Main percentile score tells exactly how a candidate has performed in comparison to all the other students who appeared for the examination.
- The percentile is neither the percentage score (percentage score is the percentage of the maximum marks obtained by a student) nor the raw marks (the total and absolute marks secured by the student).
- The percentile score of JEE Main will tell exactly what percentage of the total number of candidates who appeared for the exam scored less than or equal to that particular percentile in that examination.
- The formula used to calculate JEE Main percentile score is:-
Percentile Score of a Student = 100 x (The number of students who secured a raw score or an actual score that is EQUAL TO OR LESS than the student) / (The total number of students who appeared in that session).
Latest JEE Main News
- Predict College or Courses Using Your JEE Main Rank
- JEE Main 2021 Result for Phase 4 Released, 18 Students Secured AIR 1
- JEE Advanced 2021 Registration Starts from September 15. Register Here
- JEE Advanced 2021: New Guidelines Released, Qualified Candidates Of Last Year Can Appear Without JEE Main 2021
JEE Main Rank vs Marks Analysis 2021
To calculate the JEE Main Score, the candidates should follow the following formula, i.e.,
JEE Main Score = 4 Marks * Number of Correct Answers – 1 Mark * Number of Wrong Answers
The table provided below provides a good understanding of the JEE Main 2021 rank and the JEE Main 2021 score.
|Score Range||Rank Range|
|285 – 300||1 – 100|
|275 – 284||100 – 200|
|260 – 274||200 – 500|
|250 – 259||500 – 100|
|240 – 249||1000 – 1500|
|220 – 239||1500 – 3500|
|200 – 219||3500 – 6000|
|180 – 199||6000 – 9500|
|150 – 180||9500 – 15000|
|120 – 149||15000 – 35000|
|<120||More than 35000|
How is JEE Main Rank Determined Using JEE Main Percentile Scores?
While compiling the merit list for the JEE Main and allotting the JEE Main ranks to aspirants, the total, as well as the subject-wise percentile scores are considered in the order given below.
- First, students obtaining a higher total percentile score will be given the first preference.
- Second, if any students’ marks collide, students who obtain a higher percentile score in Mathematics will be given consideration.
- Next, in case the tie persists after that as well, candidates who obtain a higher percentile score in Chemistry will be given consideration.
- Then also, if the tie continues to exist, preference will be given to the candidate according to their age.
- If the tie still exists after all these steps, the candidates will be given the rank according to the JEE main rank.
- Apart from that, if the candidate appeared for JEE Main in the month of April and January both, the best of the two total percentile scores will be considered. In this case, the subject-wise percentile scores will not be taken into consideration. However, the subject-wise percentile will be considered if the candidate appears for JEE Main in either January or April.
Tie Breaker Guidelines: JEE Main 2021 Normalisation process
If two or more aspirants obtain the same percentile scores, then the tie-breaker rule is applied. It is dependent upon inter-se-merit criteria.
- First, the aspirants who get a high score in mathematics will be ranked as higher.
- Next, if required, the candidate, who gets a higher score in Physics, is considered as higher ranked.
- If the tie still exists, then the applicant will be highly ranked if he/she will obtain higher marks in Chemistry than the others.
- At last, the older candidate will get more preferences and will be ranked higher.
JEE Main Rank Predictor 2021
Candidates can make use of JEE Main Rank Predictor, to anticipate the rank and colleges for that rank based on your expected scores. The use of rank predictor can also influence your decision to appear in other engineering exams.
About JEE Main Rank Predictor 2021
JEE Main Rank Predictor is developed for candidates to make data-driven decisions rather than static predictions in regards to. In order for using this user-friendly tool, candidates are not required to complete any multi step registration process.
Candidates have to input other details like score, their category and the year they appeared for the JEE Main and class 12th exam and later click on Predict Now button in order to know the possible rank of the student. Below listed is the entire procedure from steps to use the predictor to registration.
Step 1 – Personal Details
- All the candidates should first add the essential details like Name, Mobile Number, registered Email Address in order to use the JEE Main tool.
- There is a strict data privacy adherence policy and no details will be shared with third-party vendors other than for direct correspondence.
Step 2 – Fill-in the relevant details
- After filling all the personal details, the next step for aspirants is to fill- in the required details for accurate rank prediction.
- Fill in the expected marks one wishes in to gain in the JEE Main 2021
- Select a category from the drop-down menu in the rank predictor tool.
- Enter examination date and registration no. for JEE Main 2021
- Select the year of passing 10+2.
- Also, choose the preferred location and preferred branch.
Step 3 – Result
- After students have provided the mentioned details, the rank predictor for JEE Main 2021 will render results upon clicking on “See Result” or candidates can click on “Reset” to rectify any particulars.
How is Rank Displayed in JEE Main Rank Predictor?
The Rank predictor will display rank based on the expected score in JEE Main and the category they specify, as the cut off for each category is different. After filling details in JEE Main Rank Predictor, the candidate will be able to predict the final rank they can expect to obtain and a list of colleges that will allocate seats based on their expected ranks.
JEE Main Rank Predictor, in addition, will also display the possible qualifying status of the aspirant while attempting the JEE Advanced 2021.
Important Points to Remember
- Candidates need to provide accurate details in the required fields of Rank Predictor before using it.
- After the following process mentioned above, the rank displayed will provide a clear picture of the subsequent steps to be taken.
- The result for the JEE Main 2021 Rank Predictor will be displayed based on fulfilling the following points:
- A list of colleges wherein the candidate can avail admission based on the rank is calculated according to trends of the previous year.
- Rank displayed in the Predictor is based solely on the details provided by the student i.e., year of passing class 12, expected marks in JEE Main 2021, and other details.
Declaration of JEE Main 2021 Result
Answer: 80 percentile is a decent score and it may get you a seat in any of the good NITs.
Answer: Unfortunately, 50 percentile is a very low score. You can aim to grab a seat if you score around 75- 80 percentile.
Answer: A score of 70 percentile is an average score and it might not be sufficient to get a top college. You may either have to compromise on the college of your choice or the preferred branch.
Answer: Your percentile will be 99.96 which is really good.
Answer: It means you have scored around 15-20 marks out of 300.