Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics'
Tag Archives: JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics
Last updated on August 28th, 2020 at 01:42 pm
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics: Physics subject is considered as one of the toughest subjects and it happens to be the key subject for JEE Main 2020. The Physics section comes with application-based questions that are easy to solve but difficult to interpret. Students need to have a grip over the basic concepts to attempt such JEE Main Physics questions.
- As per experts, the difficulty level of Physics is moderate to easy.
- However, last year, JEE Main was relatively tough, with Physics being the toughest section to crack.
- Further, past trends have reflected that Physics has always been tricky and on the tougher side.
The tips here are not about how to pass the JEE Main Physics section, but how to score higher and how to score 100+ in Physics in JEE Main 2020. It’s because a candidate is considered in counselling even at a rank of 5 lac+.
- How to Score 250+ in JEE Main Exam?
- JEE Main Preparation Tips for Mathematics
- JEE Main Chemistry Preparation Tips
Basic JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics
Given below are some JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics when the aspirants have to begin their exam preparations. These tips are useful on how to study physics for JEE Main 2020 before an aspirant begins preparing for boards, JEE and other similar exams. Engaging these JEE Main preparation tips in daily life will also answer some questions like how to score 100+ in Physics JEE Main 2020.
- To start with, it’s important for students to strengthen their fundamentals and basic concepts.
- They must complete the prescribed JEE Main 2020 Syllabus because even a single question can make a difference to your JEE scores and percentile with a marginal difference.
- The most common JEE Main Physics Preparation Tips include this – refer to NCERT Class XI and XII Physics books to get a grasp of concepts to a basic level of physics for JEE Main exam.
- Further, they must delve deep into each topic by referring to other books of Physics for Jee Main 2020.
Check | Top 20 Percentile Cut Off
Topic-wise JEE Main Physics Preparation
- JEE Main Preparation Tip for Physics: analysis of previous years’ JEE Main question papers to know the topics covered and their weightage in JEE Main Physic Syllabus 2020,
- Based on the importance of each topic, plan your Physics preparation schedule.
- We have categorized major topics based on their importance as per previous years’ trends. Check Here
Focus on Boards or JEE Main?
- There is no need to worry about fetching out extra time along with class 12 boards as JEE Main and board exam preparation can be clubbed together due to similarity in the syllabus.
- The only difference is, board examinations are more subjective while in JEE Main, the main focus should be on the speed with accuracy.
- However, JEE Main Physics Preparation requires you to practice a lot of tough questions too.
How To Prepare Physics For JEE Main 2020?
Various students have varying interest and therefore varying knowledge of Physics accordingly. Physics section of JEE Main 2020 and JEE Advanced is a scoring section similar to Mathematics as it requires a logical approach along with calculations. A lot of students find Physics easier compared to Chemistry due to a large number of topics in Chemistry. Given below are some JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics which will help students know exactly what they are lacking in their JEE Main Physics Preparations.
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics: Strategy for JEE Main Physics Preparation
- Short notes of formulas: It is imperative that you create short notes for formulas while studying any chapter of Physics for JEE Main. These short notes of formulae will help you revise easily during the last few days.
- Read the Question thoroughly: It is of utmost importance that you have understood the question properly before attempting it. Sometimes, it is possible that the question requires a combined approach of two or more topics, because of which it is difficult to understand.
- Accuracy is the key: While solving mock tests or practice papers, students generally practice speed but do not work on accuracy. Accuracy is gained by solving the questions correctly. Higher accuracy is important than higher speed.
- Previous Year Question Papers and Mock Tests: The examination mode has changed and it requires the student to sit in front of a bright screen for more than 3 hours continuously. Mocks Tests for JEE Main 2020 will help you get used to this. Practice previous year question papers with a classic approach to end distractions from mobile phones or laptops.
- Revision every week: Howsoever easy it might seem, revising a full subject during the last few weeks is just impossible. To make sure the topics are within your mind, revision is required every week. Along with this, difficult physics JEE Main questions must be marked to attempt later on. Check Revision Plan
- Study 3 hours, Analyse 3 hours: Last but not the least JEE Main preparation tip for physics; it is important to solve at least 1 full mock of 3 hours every two or three days once the whole syllabus is complete. But what’s even more important is analysing that particular mock test and the performance. Working on the right approach, weak and strong topics will help boost the scores in future.
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics: Most Important Topics
Some topics cover the major portion of the Physics for JEE Main and students shouldn’t miss them out during preparations. Check them out-
- Modern Physics – JEE Main 2020 paper has five questions from Modern Physics, making it one of the most important topics. Make sure to cover sub-topics like nuclear fission and fusion, dual nature of matter, radioactive decay of substances and X-rays. Also, study the Bohr’s model properly. Again NCERT shall be a starting point and further consult HC Verma for the theory part and 3000 Solved Problems in Physics by Schaum for the numerical part.
- Electrostatics: Every year almost four physics JEE Main questions are being asked from Electrostatics; considered to be one of the high scoring topics in Physics for JEE Mains. With the clarity of basic concepts, students can easily crack four questions from a single topic. Concepts of Physics by H C Verma is a highly recommended book for Electrostatics as it comprises solved numerical problems of good quality.
- Oscillation and Waves– Like Electrostatics, students can expect 3-4 questions on this topic too. Clear concepts from NCERT and then delve further with H C Verma for application of concepts.
- Optics – Comparatively, an easy topic with minimum 2-3 questions being asked every year. While doing studies make sure to understand Huygens principles. The best book recommended for this topic would be Understanding Physics for JEE Main, Advanced Optics & Modern Physics by DC Pandey.
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics: Moderately Important Topics
Topics listed hereunder are equally important and should be covered by students during JEE Main preparations to be on the safer side. A good amount of Physics JEE Main questions are being asked about these topics. Take a look at these and the books one must refer to:
- Magnetics – JEE Main usually includes 2 questions from this portion and JEE Main in 40 Days by ARIHANT and Understanding Physics for JEE Main are the best books to refer.
- Electromagnetic Induction and AC- Mostly, numerical problems are asked in this section. Get a grasp over Faraday’s Law and consult Concepts of Physics by H C Verma for understanding the topic.
- Current Electricity– Physics section covers almost 3 questions on Current Electricity with Ohm’s law, Ohmic and Non-Ohmic conductors and colour code for resistors being the most important sub-topics. Refer Concepts of Physics by H C Verma to brush up fundamentals.
- Waves- Usually this portion has one question every year and HC Verma would be a good book to refer. Make sure to give importance to topics like S.H.M and its equation, principle of superposition of waves and Doppler Effect in sound.
Lesser Important Topics for JEE Main Physics Preparation
The last category of topics includes questions from sections that may or may not have questions in JEE Main 2020. However, it’s advised to not to skip them completely and read them to have a clarity of concepts. Usually, one question is asked about these topics.
- Physics and measurement
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Communication system
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics – Part B
JEE Main Physics (Part B) gives 20% weightage to practical applications (Experimentation) of concepts. The problems are simple and require a basic understanding of experimenting. The questions are based on topics like :
- Vernier Calipers
- Ohm’s Law
- Metre Scale
- Surface Tension of Water
- Screw Gauge
- Coefficient of Viscosity
- Speed of Sound
- Young Modulus of Elasticity
- Refractive Index of a Glass Slab
- Simple Pendulum
- Use of Multimeter
- Resistivity of the Material
It is advised that students work around this section too, in order to increase their score and attempt as many questions as possible.
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics: Study Material
Prominent exams like JEE Main demands the best preparation. And best preparation can be done if and only if you are well aware of the best study material for JEE Main. It is important to have the best study material and choosing them won’t be an easy task. To ease this part, we have prepared a list for you of JEE Main books best for preparation. Know more about Chapter wise JEE Main best books for Physics and check question Paper with solutions PDfs
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics: NTA Free Mock Tests and Old Question Papers
National Testing Agency has provided free mock tests as well as old question papers up to 2017 on their official website for students to practice. These mocks are based on the actual exams and have the same visual pattern that the candidates will see in the actual examination. Although it is not possible to find topic-wise mocks here, students can practice full mocks for JEE Main Physics Preparation. Steps to access the mocks tests are given below-
- Head over to the official website of NTA – www.nta.ac.in
- Click on the ‘Students’ tab given on the menu.
- Under the ‘Test Practice’ section, click on ‘Mock Test’.
- After new webpage loads, select your exam like JEE Main 2020, choose the paper you want to attempt and click on ‘Start Mock Test’.
To access old question papers, click on Downloads in the menu. You will find previous year exam papers there. Choose the year and examination and select the paper you want to download.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
Level of Difficulty in JEE Main Physics
JEE Main Physics section, on an average basis, has usually been moderate to difficult. Given below is a paper analysis of questions bifurcated according to the difficulty level in JEE Main 2020 January session. Although, as per the given analysis, JEE Main Physics looks like the easiest section of B.E/B. Tech Paper (Paper 1), but according to the reviews of the various papers by candidates, Physics was considered tricky and pretty hard. The major problem faced by students is to understand and interpret the question.
Also Read | How To Prepare Maths For JEE Main 2020?
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics: Topic-wise Weightage
Given below is the weightage of various topics in JEE Main Physics according to past year trends. As you can see, Mechanics covers a lot of major topics and a large number of questions are asked from here, which can be scoring for a lot of candidates. Do note that the pattern is based on 30 questions asked previously with a total of 120 marks. As per the new exam pattern, this analysis might have changed.
|Topics||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Weightage(%)|
|Current & Electricity||1||4||3%|
|Electromagnetic Field & Force||2||8||7%|
|Heat & Thermodynamics||3||12||10%|
|KTG & Thermodynamics||2||8||7%|
|Error in Measurement||2||8||7%|
|Properties of Matter||2||8||6%|
|Rigid Body Dynamics||2||8||7%|
|Work, Power & Energy||1||4||3%|
|Electromagnetic waves and communications||2||8||7%|
|Modern Physics – Concepts||2||8||7%|
|Geometrical Optics & Physical Optic||2||8||7%|
|SHM & Waves||2||8||7%|
|Simple Harmonic Motion||1||4||3%|
NTA Video Lectures for JEE Main Physics Preparations
If a candidate wishes to understand a particular chapter thoroughly, National Testing Agency (NTA) has provided video lectures made by some reputed IIT Professors under the name of IIT-PAL on Youtube. Each chapter of JEE Main Physics is divided into sub-topics. There are a total of 188 video lectures of 50 to 60 minutes runtime. To watch these video lectures follow the steps given below-
- Head over to the official website of NTA – www.nita.ac.in
- Click on the ‘Students’ tab.
- Under the ‘Test Practice’ section, select ‘Content Based Lectures’.
- Alternatively, students can head over to the Youtube website and search for IIT-PAL and look for the topic they want to study.
Books for JEE Main Physics Preparation
For revision, it is always suggested to refer to class 11 and 12 NCERT Books. NCERT books provide quick understanding along with few important questions to solve. But when the requirement is a deep understanding and heavy practice, best books offer the best material. Check out the list of books given below that students must read and refer for gearing up their preparations for JEE Main Physics.
|HC Verma||Concepts of Physics Vol I and II|
|I.E. Irodov||Problems in General Physics|
|Arihant Publications||Understanding Physics by D.C. Pandey: Set of books for:
Electricity & Magnetism
Mechanics (Vol. 1 & 2)
Optics & Modern Physics
Waves & Thermodynamics
|R.P. Feynman||Feynman Lectures on Physics|
|SS Krotov||Problems in Physics|
|Arthur Beiser, Shobhit Mahajan, S. Rai Choudhury||Concepts of Modern Physics|
|Halliday, Resnick and Walker||Fundamentals of Physics|
|Advanced Level Physics: Examples and Exercises||Nelson, Michael, Parker, Philip|
These JEE Main Physics Preparation Tips are enough to help you finish your Physics Syllabus and utilize your time in the best way possible. The exams are just around the corner and it is advisable not to delay studying.
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics FAQs
Ans. Regular studies and building strong hold on basic concepts are the only mantras to score 100+ marks in Physics.The second tip will be not to forget about covering topics in semiconductor electronics and communication systems which are usually ignored by students and they end up losing at least 10-15 marks for these two topics.
Ans. NCERT books surely provide basic conceptual clarity. But to practice more on the difficult and tricky questions , must refer to other books as well.
Ans. To prepare well for the JEE Main exam one can follow these preparation tips :
- Refer best books for JEE Main
- Make notes
- Practice at least last 10 years question paper
- Maintain accuracy
- Keep on revising concepts
- Analysis of your progress
Ans. Some of the important paper attempting tips are :
- Read the questions carefully
- Look for the easy questions first
- Try to cover question first you have strong command
- Attempt only those questions you are confident about
- Do not try to attempt all the questions, this will increase chances of negative marking
- Save time to revise the paper to locate possible errors and rectify them.
Ans. According to previous year trend analysis level of difficulty in JEE Main physics is mentioned below: