Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main Preparation Time Table'
Tag Archives: JEE Main Preparation Time Table
Last updated on August 25th, 2020 at 05:22 pm
JEE Main Preparation Tips: If you want to pursue B.E/B. Tech from a top-notch engineering institute in India then achieving a good score in JEE Main is highly important. Owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, aspirants have some additional days left to prepare for NTA JEE Main exam. When it comes to juggling between class 12th boards & JEE Main, then the struggle is real.
Latest: JEE Main 2020 has been postponed again by the HRD Ministry. The JEE Main 2020 April/September will now be conducted from 1st to 6th September 2020. Candidates can utilize these additional days while practising mock tests for JEE Main 2020 on the ‘National Test Abhyas‘ mobile application to improve their JEE Main 2020 Preparations.The online initiative by NTA helps in improving JEE Main 2020 preparations
Below mentioned are a few JEE Main Preparation tips to score well:
- Analyse the most important JEE Main preparation tips mentioned in the article below.
- JEE Main 2020 exam can be cracked easily by following points below:
- Time management
- Revision of important topics and chapters
- Attempting sample papers and mock tests
- Proper analysis of the previous year JEE Main question papers.
- JEE Main candidates are advised to solve topic wise and section wise questions from previous year JEE Main question papers.
- Go through the sample questions for numerical based problems released by NTA.
- It is important for aspirants to be familiar with the revised JEE Main exam pattern.
JEE Main 2020 aspirants could easily score 250+ in JEE Main 2020 exam by following the above tips.
|JEE Main Exam Pattern||JEE Main Admit Card|
|JEE Main Mock Test||JEE Main Revision Plan|
JEE Main Preparation Tips: Basic Tips
There are several colleges in India, but JEE main aspirants always look for the top engineering colleges in India for admissions. Follow below JEE Main preparation tips to get admission in the desired college and score better rank.
- An important aspect of JEE Main preparation tips is proper time management
- Prepare a structured time table to manage time
- Adhere to the timetable and prioritize your set goals
- Apart from the time table, set deadlines as well to cover the syllabus within the timeframe
Know the Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Be thorough with the JEE Main 2020 syllabus
- Practice familiar topics and revise them regularly
- Ensure to practice tough topics on a regular basis
- Cover and revise topics of maximum weightage
- As NTA has revised JEE Main 2020 exam pattern, students are advised to update themselves with a new pattern.
- From 2020 onwards JEE Main exam, B.Planning will be considered as a separate paper
- Questions from each section have been reduced
- Along with MCQs, numerical based questions are added from JEE Main 2020 onwards
- There will be NO negative marking for numerical questions
Practice JEE Main Mock Tests
- Attempting JEE Main 2020 mock tests and practice papers can help in analysing preparation level for JEE Main 2020 exam
- Mock tests identities the level of questions and hence allows an aspirant to focus on weaker topics
- Analysis of mock tests are available online that helps in understanding accuracy, strong, weak and time-consuming topics
- JEE Main aspirants need to organize learning and revision time.
- Revision ensures you are on track with the topics that are not under purview but must be worked on.
- Make sure that you practice previous years’ JEE Main question papers.
- Revise covered topics every alternate day or at least twice a week.
- Practise builds up speed in core topics
- The same speed must be maintained at JEE Main 2020 exam centre as well
- There is no section based time limit, therefore solve enough questions from each section within 1 and a half hour
- If you follow the speed rule in the first 90 minutes, follow the accuracy rule in the next 90 minutes
- Instead of solving maximum questions, try solving sure one’s with accurate answers
- Accurate answers improve the overall score and hence overall rank considered for IITs
- As there are negative markings for JEE Main exam, try to attempt sure shot questions with accuracy
JEE Main Preparation Tips by 2020 Toppers
- In JEE Main 2020 January session, 9 candidates scored a perfect 100 percentile out of the 9 lakhs+ applicants
- Candidates of JEE Main 2020 found the mathematics section most difficult, other sections were moderate to easy
Below are few JEE Main Preparation Tips by toppers of January session:
- Kaushal Kumar Reddy
- JEE Main exam was moderately difficult
- His basic strategy was to understand basic concepts of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- He followed NCERT books along with other practise papers to clear concepts and better learning as per the latest JEE Main exam syllabus
- Landa Jitendra
- He is a resident of Andhra Pradesh
- Landa Jitendra took coaching from Sri Chaitanya institute
- He said the teachers at the coaching centre instructed him when what and how to study
- He referred to the study material provided by the coaching centre and used to attempt JEE Main mock tests every weekend
- Nishant Agarwal
- Nishant said he was preparing from the very beginning and aimed to score full marks in JEE Main examination
- He was immensely motivated by the teachers at the coaching centre
- Divyanshu Agarwal
- This candidate scored 100 percentile by self-study
- He used to have 8-9 hours of self-study that helped him to achieve a full score in JEE Main examination
- Kunwar Preet Singh
- He said regular study and revision helped him score 99 percentile in JEE Main 2020 January session
- Appearing for the Mock test is very helpful to score well
- Advaid Deepak
- He used to study 7 hours per day to prepare for JEE Main during school days
- Also during holidays, he used to study for 15 hours each day for JEE Main exam.
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Class XI and XII Students
This section highlights JEE Main preparation tips for class XI and XII students.
Boards are important
- Class XI and XII students must focus on their board exams
- This is because they are equally important as JEE Main or JEE Advanced
- Also, the aggregate percentage of boards is a deciding factor of a candidate’s eligibility in JEE Main and JEE Advanced
- Due to tough competition among students, many top colleges do not enrol students below an aggregate of 90% in 12th
Note: NTA has deducted minimum percentage criteria for JEE Main 2020 April/September session. Only the 12th pass certificate is applicable as an eligibility norm. This is due to the partially cancelled 12th exam of several boards owing to corona pandemic.
- Many JEE Main 2020 aspirants take 11th class lightly to focus on 12th exams which is a wrong approach
- Class XI subjects consist of topics that create a base for the topics of Class XII
- To make concepts of 12th clear, one must understand the basics of the same in 11th class itself.
- Time management is important
- Manage time in such a way that you get enough time for study, household chores, leisure and other activities
- Initially start by calculating the time consumed in day-to-day activities using a stopwatch
- Then, prepare a time limit for every activity
- Give a major portion of time for studies
Create short notes
- Students must create a habit of maintaining short notes of important topics
- This helps in revision a few days before the examination
- Short notes are handy when time is less
- Also, short notes are useful when one just needs to revise formulas, equations and short cut methods.
Do not procrastinate
- It is not possible for JEE Main aspirants to decide how long will it take to cover entire JEE Main syllabus or JEE Advanced
- Some benefits from the rigorous study while some scores well with less effective study
- Stay focused and do hard work to a limit which is required
How to make the JEE Main 2020 Preparation Plan?
Given below are some points to adhere while making a plan for the preparation of JEE Main 2020 exam:
- Students must have a good idea of the expected weightage of various topics in JEE Main
- Give more time to topics that have heavy weightage in the examination
- Segregation of topics is necessary
- Separate out time for difficult, moderate and easy topics. Difficult topics must be given more time
- The sequential study is required in subjects like Mathematics
- Plan your monthly schedule based on the sequential study mode
- Core topics must be covered first
- Ensure to leave at least 1 month for revision in the JEE Main 2020 preparation plan
- Make sure to cover important topics in the revision. Prepare for contingencies
Steps required in JEE Main Preparation Plan
- Begin your plan by studying various chapters of the subject while understanding the core concepts of the topics
- Use NCERT books or short video lectures to learn basics effectively
- Make short notes on topics. Ensure to pen down only the most important information and formulas
- Once a topic has been completed, try to recollect and analyze up to what extent have you understood the topic
- Then start with solving the questions from the topic
- JEE Main aspirants must attempt the topic-wise mock tests available for free on various learning portals
- Once the whole subject is covered, try attempting sectional mock tests.
- Once the whole syllabus is complete, try to attempt at least 1 mock in every 2 days
- Continuous revision is necessary for exams like JEE Main. An important part of JEE Main Preparation Tips is continuous revisions using short notes
- Try to clear all the doubts on any topic by keeping a separate doubt book. Use the ‘Doubtnut app’ to get solutions to the doubts
- In between taking adequate breaks as fatigue could adversely affect mental and physical health
- Try to maintain a desk and chair position for 3 hours but do take breaks during studies
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
Subject-wise JEE Main Preparation Tips
- JEE Main Paper 1 consists of 3 subjects namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Each subject carries 25 questions
- All three subjects should be given equal importance
JEE Main 2020 aspirants must be updated with the latest JEE Main exam pattern. Following few subject-wise JEE Main preparation tips will help students to prepare well:
NTA released JEE Main Preparation Time Table months back to ease pressure on candidates.
Also, Check | JEE Main B.Arch (Paper 2) Exam Pattern
JEE Main Preparation Tips: Physics
- Physics is a conceptual subject for which basic concepts are vital to understand
- After finishing a particular topic, JEE Main candidates are advised to solve the related problems on the same day
- NCERT books must primarily be considered to understand basic concepts along with other reference books that help in JEE Main Physics Preparation
Most Important Topics of Physics
Below mentioned are a few important topics that should be covered for JEE Main exam preparation.
- JEE Main 2020 paper will have five questions from Modern Physics
- Make sure to cover sub-topics like nuclear fission and fusion, dual nature of matter, radioactive decay of substances and X-rays
- JEE Main participants must study the Bohr’s model properly
- Take NCERT as a primary resource for JEE Main 2020 exam preparation
- Consult HC Verma for the theory part and 3000 Solved Problems in Physics by Schaum for the numerical part
- Annually around four questions are asked from Electrostatics, which is considered to be one of the high scoring topics in Physics
- Clarity of basic concepts is essential
- Concepts of Physics by H C Verma is a highly recommended book for Electrostatics as it has solved numerical problems
Oscillation and Waves
- Like Electrostatics, one can expect 3-4 questions from this topic
- Understand concepts from NCERT and then utilize H C Verma for application of concepts
- It is comparatively an easy topic with minimum 2-3 questions being asked every year
- JEE Main appearing students are advised to learn Huygens principles
- Most preferred book for this topic would be Understanding Physics for JEE Main, Advanced Optics & Modern Physics by DC Pandey
JEE Main Preparation Tips: Chemistry
Chemistry, as a subject, is a combination of concepts, theory and chemical equations. Following tips for JEE Main Chemistry Preparation will help in better learning:
- Try to grasp upon the best study material for relevant learning
- Mark out important points that can be used for revision
- Solve the problems related to the basic concepts
- Practice chemical equations by writing them down
Most Important Topics of Chemistry
Some important topics of Chemistry Syllabus are:
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Kossel-Lewis Approach, Ionic Bond, Born Haber Cycle, Various Type of Bonds, Octet Rule, Exceptions, Bond Characteristics and all the other topics
- These are short but hard to remember as such topics have unique characteristics for each bond or structure
- JEE Main students must prepare all the topics of this chapter with proper understanding and revision
Periodic table (P-block, D & F-block and S-block elements)
- Characteristics of elements of various blocks, Transition series, the configuration of elements in various blocks and many more sub-topics are included
- The periodic table is divided into 3 chapters
- This topic covers a major portion of the JEE Main chemistry question paper
Carboxylic Acids, Aldehydes and Ketones
- Nomenclature, Nature of carbonyl group, methods of preparation, Physical and chemical properties and Mechanism of Nucleophilic addition
- Reactivity of alpha hydrogen in Aldehydes, Carboxylic Acids: Nomenclature, Acidic nature, Methods of preparation
- Physical and chemical properties
Redox reactions, Mole Concept and the concept of equivalents
- Molarity (M), Normality (N), Equivalent Mass, Dilution Effects, Volume strength of H2O2 solution, Percentage Labeling of Oleum.
- Modifications in the law of equivalence, e of Contents, Types of redox reactions, Examples of various types of redox reactions, Oxidation and Reduction, Oxidizing and Reducing Agents, Identification of Oxidizing and Reducing Agents
- Balancing Redox Reaction, Practical Uses of Redox Reactions.
States of Matter – Solid-state, solutions and gases theory
- The gaseous and liquid states of matter cover major theories. Van der
- Waals Forces, Properties of Gases and Gas Laws, Kinetic Molecular Theory, Ideal Gas Law & Dalton’s Law of Partial Pressure, Graham’s Law of Diffusion & Gas Audiometry.
- Deviation From Ideal Gas Behaviour and Van der Waal’s Equation, Liquid State.
Thermochemistry and Laws of Thermodynamics
- Physical quantity entropy, Entropy Change, Bond Energy or Bond Enthalpies
- Co-efficient of Performance (K), Numericals based on Co-efficient of Performance, Levoisier and Laplace law and Hess’s law
- Experimental verification of Hess’s law, Applications of Hess’s law, Third Law of Thermodynamics, Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics, The Carnot Cycle
JEE Main Preparation Tips: Mathematics
Mathematics is one of the important subjects in JEE Main, which can be easy scoring as well as tough scoring section.
- Mathematics skills can improve with regular practice
- Try to be accurate and quick
- While solving problems, try to create shortcuts that save time during the JEE Main
- Note down important formulas separately, it will help in revision and makes JEE Main Maths preparation more effective
Most Important Topics of Mathematics
Some important topics from Mathematics Syllabus are listed below:
- It is amongst the largest topics of mathematics, divided into two major studies – Differential and Integral calculus
- Important concepts in differential calculus are – limits and continuity, application of derivatives, differentiation
- Key topics of integral calculus are – Indefinite integral, definite integral, area under curves
- It is comparatively easy and scoring
- Coordinate geometry focuses on shapes and curves on a graph
- Key topics includes straight lines, hyperbola, parabola, ellipse, circle
- Since 10th, trigonometry is touted to be most important part of mathematics syllabus
- JEE Main aspirants must understand the basics of trigonometry
- Not only JEE Main 2020, but other exams have questions from trigonometric ratios and trigonometric functions
- This topic is only moderately tough and easily scorable
- One of the most essential topics of Mathematics
- The questions may vary from easy to tough
- Key topics are sets, relations and functions, matrices and determinants, permutations and combinations
- Other relevant topics from algebra includes complex numbers, probability, differential equations, quadratic equations and expressions, progressions and series, binomial theorem
JEE Main Preparation Tips: Using Android Applications
The Internet and its applications are a boon to every industry today and education is not spared by its impact. Smart accessories and apps can be utilised effectively to access digital content like video lectures easily from the comfort of home. Some apps of immense utility are detailed below:
|Unacademy Learning App||
||4.5/5 (3.5 lakh+ ratings)||25 MB|
||4.⅖ (1.2 lakhs+ Ratings)||39 MB|
||4.6/5 (27k+ Ratings)||15 MB|
||4.3/5 (1.2 lakhs+ Ratings)||32 MB|
||4.⅖ (1.2 lakhs+ Ratings)||16 MB|
||Not Available||17 MB|
|FREE IIT JEE NEET Solutions NCERT CBSE Doubts App||
||4.⅗ (97K+ Ratings)||18 MB|
|JEE Main and Advance 2020 Exam Preparation||
||4.5/5 (4K+ Ratings)||9.3 MB|
JEE Main Exam Analysis of Previous Years’ Papers
- Candidates can check the JEE Main Paper Analysis of the previous year’s exam
- The aim is to provide understanding of the type of questions asked and the important topics from each subject that carry more weightage
Topic-wise Analysis for Physics
|Topics||JEE Main Number of Questions (Year-wise)|
|Units, Dimensions, Errors, Experiments||1||2||1|
|Newton’s Laws and Friction||0||0||1|
|Work, Power & Energy||1||2||1|
|System of Particles||2||1||0|
|Gravitation, Rotational Mechanics||2||2||3|
|Properties of Matter||1||0||1|
|Mechanical Waves and Sound||1||2||0|
|Ray Optics, Wave Optics||2||3||3|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||2||3||3|
|Magnetism, Magnetic effects of current||3||2||1|
|EMI, AC and EM waves and Communication||4||3||1|
Topic-wise Analysis for Chemistry
|Topics||JEE Main Number of Questions (Year-wise)|
|Atomic Structure and Classification||2||1||2|
|States of Matter||2||1||0|
|Chemical & Ionic Equilibrium||2||1||1|
|Chemical Kinetics & Nuclear Chemistry||1||2||1|
|General Organic Chemistry + Functional Group-I||2||5||3|
|Organic Chemistry + Functional Group-II||2||0||3|
|Organic Chemistry + Functional Group-III||1||1||2|
|Chemistry of Representative Elements||6||6||3|
|Coordination Compounds & Organometallics||1||2||1|
Topic-wise Analysis for Mathematics
|Topic||JEE Main Number of Questions (Year-wise)|
|Sets, Relations and Functions||1||1||0|
|Limits, Continuity & Differentiability||3||2||3|
|Application of Derivatives||1||1||2|
|Indefinite and Definite Integrals & Area under the Curve||3||2||2|
|Cartesian coordinates & Straight Line||2||2||1|
|Quadratic Equations, Inequalities, Progressions||3||2||1|
|Binomial Theorem, Exponential & Logarithmic Series||1||1||0|
|Permutation & Combination||2||1||2|
|3-D Coordinate Geometry||2||1||2|
|Differential Equations & Properties of Triangles||1||2||1|
|Matrices & Determinants||1||2||2|
JEE Main Preparation Tips: Important Books
- Every JEE Main aspirant must consider NCERT books to cover all topics
- Refer other reference materials for covering sub topics
- Certain books are available that consists of JEE Main Preparation tips as well for different topics
- Such books have practice exercises at the end of every chapter along with in-depth explanation of concepts that eases JEE Main 2020 Preparation
- Reference books allow a candidate to work on major topics with proper practice sessions
Some of the important JEE Main Preparation Books recommended for JEE Main aspirants by the experts includes the following:
JEE Main Preparation Tips: Are coaching institutes useful?
- Several JEE Main aspirants emphasise on the importance of coaching classes for JEE Main Preparations
- These coaching institutes offer faculties from top colleges of the country
- The coaching material aids to develop a strong base for IIT JEE 2020
- Aspirants need to follow a specific study pattern set by the respective institutes
- Study schedule for JEE Main 2020 is also dictated by these institutes
- Self-study, however, is preferred by those who could follow a similar study pattern
- Aspirants are advised to prepare for various Olympiads and exams like NTSE (National Talent Search Examination)
- Such olympiads also help to score better in board exams apart from JEE Main exam
- JEE Main 2020 participants need to commit more than 6 hours of study per day
- It is suggested that aspirants avoid breaks for continuous 3 hours of JEE Main preparations as the exam will be for continuous 3 hours
- Try to complete the paper in 2 hours and 30 minutes, at least the top scoring ones. This will build speed while attempting the JEE Main 2020 exam
Following the above, JEE Main Preparation Tips will definitely improve a candidate’s score. Stay motivated and focused. For low scores also, there are various career options at a low score in JEE Main. Just look for the best option.
JEE Main Preparation Tips FAQs
Ans: JEE Main aspirants are always in search of best resources available offline or online. Many reference books, study materials, mock tests, previous questions papers as well as online lectures are readily available for preparations. Also, students can download various available apps available on the play store as well.
Ans: Previous year JEE Main toppers have emphasised the relevance of coaching classes but there are exceptions as well. Coaching classes guide aspirants in every aspect from learning easily to preparing a time table. Those who can develop an effective study plan to achieve the best score in JEE Main exam can do it by self-study as well.
Ans: NTA has updated the exam pattern from 2020 onwards. From now onwards, there will be 3 papers namely, paper 1 of B.E/B. Tech, paper 2 of B.Arch and paper 3 of B.Planning. The number of questions from each section has also been reduced. Apart from this, there is an addition of numerical type questions along with MCQs which carry no negative marking.
Ans: JEE Main exam of 2020 has an updated exam pattern. There will be numerical questions and multiple-choice questions. For MCQs, there will be 4 choices. Drawing section will have a drawing and sketching based questions.
Ans: Yes, NTA has officially released sample previous year question papers as well as a mock test for preparation purpose. All the site has details on updated syllabus and exam pattern.