Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main New Exam Dates'
Tag Archives: JEE Main New Exam Dates
Last updated on September 8th, 2020 at 11:57 am
The Education Minister of India has announced the revised JEE Main Exam Dates. As per the announcement, NTA will now conduct the exam from 1st September to 6th September 2020. Candidates can check about their exact exam date, slot, and exam center through JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. According to the exam schedule released by the NTA, JEE Main 2020 Exam date for Paper 2 & Paper 3 is September 1, 2020 and JEE Main Paper 1 will be conducted from September 2 to September 6, 2020.
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols have been released by NTA
- JEE Main B.Arch (Paper 2) Exam Pattern
- Top Engineering Colleges in India – Fees, Ranking and More
Considering COVID-19 pandemic situation, NTA has released an updated list of centres.Know more about the exam centres.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates
According to recent updates JEE Main 2020 exam date was postponed till September 2020 (April session). Here are all important JEE Main 2020 exam dates for both sessions :
|Event||January 2020 Session||April/September 2020 Session|
|Release of Official Notification||August 21, 2019||February 7, 2020|
|JEE Main Registration Begins||September 02, 2019, to September 30, 2019||February 07, 2020, to March 12, 2020|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||September 30, 2019||March 12, 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction Facility||October 08-14, 2019||Till 20th July 2020 (closed)|
|Issue of JEE Main 2020 Admit Card||December 06, 2019||August 17, 2020 (released)|
|JEE Main Exam Date 2020||January 06 to January 11, 2020||1 September to 6 September 2020 (New Dates)|
The national level examination is conducted to provide admissions to NITs, IIITs, and other centrally funded institutions. Furthermore, JEE Main is the screening test for JEE Advanced which is the gateway to India’s top IITs. JEE Main has three papers namely Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech), Paper 2 (B.Arch) and Paper 3 (B.Planning). It is advised to check JEE Main Exam Pattern before taking the exam as trends in exam pattern will help understand the areas which might be important for the examination.
JEE Main Exam Day Schedule
An exam schedule posted by NTA showed a lot of difference as compared to the January session. Given below is the schedule which shall be followed during the exam day. Candidates are advised to ensure proper management to go through the whole day in case they are attempting more than one paper.
|Particulars||Morning Shift||Afternoon Shift|
|Timing of Examination||9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon||3:00 PM to 6:00 PM|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|Entry in Examination Centre||7:30 AM to 8:30 AM||1:30 PM to 2:30 PM|
|Entry in examination Room||7:30 AM to 8:45 AM||1.30 PM to 2.45 PM|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||8.50 a.m.||2.50 p.m.|
|Test Commences||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Test Concludes||12:00 Noon||6:00 PM|
How Will Delay in Exam Dates Affect the JEE Main 2021 Session?
- Lockdown situation due to COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the academic calendar of students.
- NTA is reviewing the JEE Main January 2021 session, whether it would be feasible to conduct a session in January 2021.
- CBSE has already reduced the syllabus for 2021 for Class 9th to 12th. There is no such announcement by NTA for JEE Main or NEET exams yet.
- It is also being questioned whether the removal of certain topics affects the quality of education. HRD Ministry has been promoting online learning through various courses of Swayam, CBSE, and NTA.
- It is obvious that there will be a shift in the schedule of JEE Main 2021. It is also possible that only a single session is conducted with an option for an open book online test. The difficulty levels for the exam might also increase even after the reduction in syllabus.
- The delay in exams has given a lot of extra time to the students. They can use this for their own benefit and prepare in a better manner for their exams. Candidates can read about tips over how to study from home during the lockdown.
- NTA and National Digital Library of India (NDLI) are also providing free mock tests, preparation modules for JEE Main exams which students can access right from their homes.
JEE Main Exam Day Guidelines
- It is possible that frisking and other procedures might take longer than expected. Hence, students are advised to reach as early as possible at the JEE Main Exam Center.
- Check all the particulars mentioned in the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. In case of any discrepancy, immediately contact NTA for necessary action.
- It is advised to check the venue of the exam centre a day before the exam to ensure the correctness of the location. The exam centres outside the main city are difficult to reach using public transport.
- Candidates must be punctual and be present at JEE Main Exam Center as per the reporting time.
- Stationery items like Ballpoint pen, the paper will be provided at the centre only.
- For JEE Main Paper 2 of B.Arch, bring your own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons.
- Students will not be allowed inside the exam hall without the JEE Main 2020 Admit card and ID Proof.
- Do not bring any impermissible items inside the exam hall (given below).
- PwD candidates must carry a copy of the disability certificate in the prescribed format. A valid certificate must be presented to the frisking staff for allowing the use of a scribe.
- The Admit Card for JEE Main 2020 is provided on a provisional basis to the candidate and is subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions. This means that the candidature of any individual can be cancelled during any future date if found ineligible for the examination. Check JEE Main Eligibility
JEE Main 2020 New Exam Dates due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
India is under a complete lockdown since March due to the coronavirus pandemic. Many experts suggest that the lockdown has affected the whole country. The education sector is also hit hard and the major problem will start after the crisis ends.
- There is no confirmed deadline when this crisis will be under control. As per the recent update, the final exam will be held from 1st September – 6th September 2020. However, students are advised to visit the official website for updates
- JEE Main 2020 exam postpone will lead to delay in the admissions of the students. This will also put pressure on studies as well as admissions.
- The lockdown is affecting the economy of the country. As a result, the workforce is under pressure. Many businesses have been hit and revenue growth is in high negative numbers. This will lead to financial difficulties during the admissions process.
JEE Main 2020 Registration and Admit Card
Registrations for JEE Main April 2020 session have been closed now. The dates for JEE Main 2020 Application Form were February 7 to March 12, 2020. And, NTA has finally released the Admit card for JEE Main April/September session.
- The JEE main new exam dates 2020 have now been released (1 to 6 September 2020).
- Admit card for JEE Main 2020 are out for the April/September session.
- Candidates must visit the official website of NTA for downloading JEE Main 2020 Admit Card.
Dates for JEE Main Form Correction Facility
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction Facility was available to students for the 3rd time since the March for April 2020 session. The JEE Main Exam Date 2020 relating to Form Correction Facility are given below-
|JEE Main 2020 Application Form Available||Feb 7 – March 12, 2020|
|Image Correction Facility||Open till the release of Admit Card(now closed)|
|JEE Main Form Correction Facility – 1st Window||March 13 to 16, 2020|
|JEE Main Form Correction Facility – 2nd Window||1st to 14th April 2020 (re-opened)|
|JEE Main Form Correction Facility – 3rd Window||15th April 2020 to 3rd May 2020 (extended)|
|JEE Main Form Correction Facility – 4th Window||May 25 to May 31, 2020 (re-opened, now closed)|
|JEE Main Form Correction Facility – 5th Window||4th July to 31st July 2020 (closed)|
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
Dates for JEE Main Answer Key, Result and Scorecard
NTA will release the JEE Main Answer Keys for Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3 within a week of conducting the JEE Main Examination. Candidates will be able to send their representations against the answer key for a fee of INR 1000 per claim against a question. However, if the claim is accepted by NTA the fee will be refunded by the agency.
Given below are some key points related to the exam dates for JEE Main 2020 results, answer keys, and scorecard.
- NTA will release the JEE Main 2020 Result at its official portal.
- Only the top 2,50,000 candidates of JEE Main can register for JEE Advanced.
- JEE Main 2020 Scorecard will be released for the unqualified as well as qualified candidates after the declaration of result.
- In addition, JEE Main 2020 Results will be released in the form of a scorecard and All India Rank.
- JEE Main April 2020 session will now be held in September and therefore JEE Main 2020 result has been delayed.
- All India Rank list for Paper 1 will also be released along with the JEE Main 2020 result.
- All India Rank list for Paper 2 will be released after the April 2020 session.
Candidates can check the JEE Main Exam Dates 2020 for January 2020 and April 2020 session in the table below-
JEE Main January 2020 Session Dates
|EVENT||DATES – JANUARY SESSION|
|Release of Answer Key||13 January 2020|
|JEE Main Result for Paper 1||17 January 2020|
|JEE Main Result for Paper 2||23 January 2020|
|JEE Main Result for Paper 3||23 January 2020|
|Answer Key & Challenge Acceptance||13 to 15th January 2020|
|AIR Declaration||To declare after April 2020 session Results|
JEE Main April 2020 Session Dates
|EVENT||DATES – APRIL SESSION|
|Release of Answer Key||Yet to announce|
|JEE Main Result for Paper 1||Yet to declare|
|JEE Main Result for Paper 2||Yet to declare|
|JEE Main Result for Paper 3||Yet to declare|
|Answer Key & Challenge Acceptance||Yet to declare|
|AIR Declaration||Yet to declare|
Dates for JEE Main 2020 Counselling
- The registration process for counselling will begin after the JEE Main April 2020 session.
- JoSAA will hold JEE Main Counselling for admissions to NITs, IIITs, and IITs.
- CSAB will conduct two more rounds for the seats in Union Territories, North-Eastern regions, and 17 participating SFTIs.
- The counselling session will be conducted during September and October 2020.
Dates for JoSAA Counselling
In the table given below, we have tabulated the schedule for JoSAA.
|Joint Apex Board declares JEE Main 2020 Ranks||2nd week of September|
|Start of candidates registration and choice fill-in of academic programs||2nd week of September|
|Display of mock seat allocation – 1 (based on choice filling)||2nd week of September|
|Display of mock seat allocation – 2 (based on choice filling)||3rd week of September|
|End of candidates’ registration and fill-in choices of academic programs||4th week of September|
|Data reconciliation, seat allocation, verification and validation||4th week of September|
|First round of seat allotment||4th week of September|
|Reporting at the allotted centre for seat allotment (1st round)||4th week of September|
|Display of seat availability status||1st week of October|
|Second round of seat allotment||–|
|Reporting at the allotted centre for seat allotment (2nd round)||1st week of October|
|Display of seat availability status||1st week of October|
|Third round of seat allotment||–|
|Reporting at the allotted centre for seat allotment (3rd round)||2nd week of October|
|Display of seat availability status||2nd week of October|
|Fourth round of seat allotment||–|
|Reporting at the allotted centre for seat allotment (4th round)||2nd week of October|
|Display of seat availability status||2nd week of October|
|The fifth round of seat allotment||–|
|Reporting at the allotted centre for seat allotment (5th round)||2nd week of October|
|Display of seat availability status||2nd week of October|
|Sixth-round of seat allotment||–|
|Reporting at the allotted centre for seat allotment (6th round; Last round for withdrawal)||3rd week of October|
|Display of seat availability status||3rd week of October|
|Seventh round of seat allotment||–|
|Reporting at the allotted centre for seat allotment (7th round)||3rd week of October|
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Dates
The top 2,24,000 qualified candidates of all categories in JEE Main Paper 1 will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2020. Given below is the schedule of JEE Advanced 2020. Please do note that the dates are subject to change due to a change in dates for JEE Main 2020.
|Starting of online registration for JEE Advanced 2020||12 September 2020|
|Closing of registration||17 September 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Admit card released||21 September 2020|
|Date of Exam||27th September 2020 (announced)|
|Exam response sheet send to the candidates||30 September 2020|
|Releasing of answer key||1 October 2020|
|Receiving of objections||2 October 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Result||5 October 2020|
|AAT online registration date||6 October 2020|
|AAT Exam date||8 October 2020|
|Declaration result||11 October 2020|
|Seat allotment and Counselling process||6 October 2020|
JEE Main Exam Day Guidelines for Scribes
PwD candidates can avail the facility of a scribe under certain conditions given below-
- Only a candidate with 40% or more disability will be allowed to use the services of a scribe.
- PwD candidates have the choice of opting for their own scribe/reader as well.
- 1-hour (60 minutes) compensatory time will be provided to PwD candidates with 40% or more disability, with or without a scribe/reader.
To be eligible for a scribe, the PwD candidate must mention the category, type of disability, percentages of disability with complete proof, in the JEE Main 2020 Application Form. If any information is found incorrect, the candidature might get cancelled.
Banned Items inside the exam hall
Given below is a list of items that are not allowed inside the exam hall. If any candidate is found carrying any such item, his/her candidature might get cancelled and the candidate might even be debarred from all future examinations conducted by NTA.
- Electronic gadgets/devices such as Mobile Phone, Calculator, Smartwatch, etc.
- Instrument/ Geometry Box/ Pencil box (except for Paper 2)
- Handbag, Purse
- Any kind of Paper/ Stationery
- Eatables/ Snacks and Tea/ Coffee/ Cold drinks/ Water (loose or packed) (exceptions given below)
- Mobile phone/ Earphone/ Microphone/ Pager
- Camera, Tape Recorder
- Any metallic item such as a metallic scale, kara, etc.
Exception for diabetic students
The exam authority has allowed the consumption of eatables and drinks as well as taking water bottles in the exam centre only for diabetic patients. The exception is made in order to help diabetic candidates keep their health conditions in check. Diabetic students are advised to carry following items with them to JEE Main Exam Hall –
- Sugar tablets
- Transparent water bottle
Note: Packaged foods such as chips/chocolate/sandwich etc are not allowed inside even for diabetic patients.
Key Points on JEE Advanced and AAT
After JEE Advanced, interested candidates appear for AAT or Architecture Aptitude Test. AAT is an examination to screen candidates for admission to B.Arch courses. B. Arch courses are available in IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur. After JEE Advanced, it usually takes 2 or 3 weeks to finish AAT registration and other processes. Like JEE Advanced, AAT is also conducted by IITs.
FAQs for JEE Main Important Dates
Ans – JEE Main 2020 April session Registration was available from February 7, 2020. Candidates were able to apply until March 12, 2020. However, the last date to pay the JEE Main application fee was March 12, 2020.
Ans – NTA, the exam conducting authority of JEE Main 2020, will be opening the window for application form correction for the candidates who have made certain discrepancy while registration. The application form correction window was open till 3rd May 2020.
Apart from this, NTA has provided the facility for image correction. Students can correct their image discrepancy by visiting the official website until the release of admit cards.
Ans – JEE Main for correction commenced from March 13, 2020, candidates were able to make corrections till March 16, 2020. Correction window was extended till 3rd May 2020 and now has been closed.
Ans – NTA released JEE Main admit card on December 6, 2019 in online mode for January session exam. The April session will be held in July (July 18th – July 23rd), therefore the admit card will be issued tentatively 10 to 14 days prior to the exam date. Candidates who have filled the application form successfully will be able to download the admit card.
Ans – In case a candidate receives an admit card with blur image on the same, they must contact the exam conducting authority as soon as possible as admit card with blur image is not acceptable at the time of examination.
Ans – JEE Main result for January and April session is declared separately. JEE Main result for January session was released on January 31, 2020, while the result for the April session, which is to be conducted in July 2020, will be announced tentatively a week after the examination.
Ans – Counselling date for JEE Main 2020 will be declared by JoSAA after the declaration of JEE Main 2020 result.