Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main Form Correction'
Tag Archives: JEE Main Form Correction
JEE Main Form Correction 2021(Closes Soon): Image Correction, Steps To Follow, Signature, Correction Fees
Last updated on August 18th, 2021 by Rituraj Dixit
JEE Main Form Correction Window 2021 is currently open for candidates who have applied for May session of JEE Main previously. JEE Main 2021 Application Form is currently closed for all sessions. Candidates can apply for upcoming sessions of April and May 2021 – B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning papers.
NOTE: NTA is not going to open a form correction window for JEE Main April and May 2021 sessions due to limited time. Candidates are advised to fill every form particulars carefully before proceeding.
Latest Updates on JEE Main Form Correction 2021:
- NTA has finally released the JEE Main Exam Dates for April and May sessions, which were postponed earlier. Session 3 (April) is scheduled from 20 to 25 July, while Session 4 (May) is scheduled from 27 July to 2 August 2021. Candidates can apply for both the sessions or either of them through JEE Main Application Form. There is no gap between the two sessions.
- Exam cities for the two sessions – April and May – have been increased from 232 to 334.
- NTA answered some FAQs on JEE Main Application Forms. Know More
- Four sessions of JEE Main 2021 will be conducted – February, March, April and May 2021.
Applicants making corrections might have to pay an extra fee for the same other than JEE Main 2021 Registration fee. (Check correction in the following article)
- Top Engineering Colleges in India Accepting JEE Main Score
- जेईई मेन 2021 के बारे में हिंदी में पढ़ें
- Top 10 NITs in India
JEE Main Form Correction Dates 2021
Here are all important JEE Main Form Correction Dates 2021:
|Event||JEE Main April Session Dates|
|Availability of JEE Main Application Form 2021||6 – 8th July (April session)
9 – 12th July (May session)
|Commencement of correction in Uploaded images||Till release of admit card|
|Availability of JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction for May Session||15th July 11:50pm (Closes Soon)|
|Payment of extra application form (if applicable)||According to additional exams/change of exam centre|
Note: JEE Main Application Forms will be re-opened after each session of 2021. Thereby, form correction windows will re-open too.
JEE Main Form Correction: What Can be Changed?
- Candidates’ Name (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Paper (change from Paper 1 to Paper 2 or vice versa)
- Aadhaar Number: Unlike last year, the Aadhaar number can be updated.
- Date of Birth (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Communication Address
- Contact Number
- Photograph and Signature
JEE Main Form Correction 2021: Key Points
It often happens that candidates make mistakes while filling the online application form. Either because of inexperience or confusion. Thus, to rectify those mistakes, NTA offers JEE Main Form Correction facility. It helps to edit the details in the online application form.
- It is a one-time facility for making corrections in some fields of JEE Main Application Form.
- The JEE Main application form correction window will only open for a specific time period.
- The organizing body does not consider any request made for corrections after closing the correction window.
- JEE Main form correction process is similar to registering for JEE Main 2021 one more time.
How to correct JEE Main Application Form 2021?
Candidates can correct JEE Main 2021 application form by using the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the official site of JEE Main 2021 – www.jeemain.nic.in
- Then, click on “Corrections in JEE Main 2021 Application Form ”
- After that, log in with your application number and password and enter the security code.
JEE Main Application Form Correction
- Click on “Manage Form Particulars Correction”
Application particulars Correction
- Read the instructions and make the corrections as required.
- Lastly, submit the JEE Main Application Form and pay the requisite application fee (if required)
Details that can be edited in JEE FORM
JEE Main Form Correction Fee
There could be cases where a candidate is required to pay an additional fee for correction in JEE Main Application Form. Such candidates want to change their category in JEE Main or want to change the city. Given below are some changes which will cost some fee.
- An additional fee is required in case candidate changes category from SC/ST/Girls/PwD to General/OBC-NCL
- If you want to opt for two or more papers, instead of a single paper.
- If you want to change exam city preference to a foreign city.
Candidates must be aware of fake services that appear like JEE Main Form Correction Facility and fraudulently deduct a large amount of money from bank accounts. Only use the official website to access JEE Main Application Form Correction Facility.
JEE Main Photo Correction and Size Guidelines
Candidates Can make corrections in the photos uploaded in JEE Main 2021 Application Form. Window for JEE Main photo correction will be opening soon.
Given below are the steps to make the correction(s) in the uploaded images:
- First, go to the official site of JEE Main 2021.
- After that, log in using your credentials i.e. Application Number, Password, and security code.
- Then, click on the link “Upload/Change Images” button.
- Further, select the images with correct specifications and upload them.
- Finally, Click on “Submit”.
- After submission, take a print out of the JEE Main Application form for future references.
- JEE Main Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details
- Top IIITs of India: Rankings, Cut Off, Average Package
How to check the size of the image?
You can follow the steps given below to make sure the images you are about to upload are as per the specifications.
- First, right-click on the image you want to upload.
- Then, click on ‘Properties’
- Now, a window will appear having properties of the image.
- So, click on the ‘Details’ tab.
- And finally, view the dimensions, height, and width of the image.
Can Form Correction Facility Provide a Refund?
- In case a candidate wants to correct the selected category, to a category for which the application fee is less than the one previously selected, there shall be no refund of any application fee.
- There will be no refund if a candidate who opted for more than one paper, opts for the single paper using a correction window.
JEE Main Application Form 2021 Status
After submitting the JEE Main application form, its status can be checked by clicking on the “Status” tab. Anyone of the following messages will be displayed on the user’s window-
Received – If the application form is successfully submitted.
Unsuccessful – If the application form is Incomplete/Rejected/Not Submitted.
Candidates have to successfully remit the application fee before the registration window is closed. Only these candidates shall be able to access the JEE Main Form Correction Facility.
JEE Main Helpline
Any doubt in correcting JEE Main application form can be asked by writing an email to [email protected] by mentioning the Name of the candidate, Registration ID,
JEE (Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida – 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
Helpline No.: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529
Computer-Based Exam Helpline No.: 18002669778
Email: [email protected]
JEE Main Form Correction FAQs
Answer: Yes, you can make changes in your name during the form correction time period.
Answer: No, the fees cannot be paid after the last date. Correction facility is only available for all those who have successfully submitted the applications and paid the application fees.
NTA has opened the JEE Main 2021 application form correction facility to make changes in the application form of the exam from today. Students can make the corrections in their JEE Main 2021 Application forms till 30th January 2021. On the application form, the aspirants will be able to edit various details like – name, address, educational details, photos and others.
JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction: 8 Steps
Check the 8 steps to correct your JEE Main 2021 application forms below:
- Aspirants must visit the official website of JEE Main 2021 i.e. jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Then, click on either – “Image Correction” or “Application Correction” button to make the changes.
- Now, the candidates should read all the instructions and click on ‘Proceed’ to move to the next step.
- Check if all information is correct. In case changes are required, please do the same and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- In case you want to make corrections to the photograph, they must click on the link – “Image Correction”.
- Then provide your credentials to login and proceed further.
- Students will have to upload their photograph once again with the ascertained size and format.
- After that, candidates will have to ‘Save’ their changes and then click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
After the JEE Main 2021 application form correction, NTA will release the admit card in the second week of February 2021 tentatively. NTA also has stated the details like – name, address, category, PWD status, educational details, date of birth, choice of exam cities, etc. once changed on the application form and submitted will not be considered for changes further.
What’s New This Time?
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of changes were incorporated in the previous year to ensure all aspirants get to write the exam. Those changes have also been included in this year. Few are mentioned below-
- Candidates are allowed to update their exam city preferences in form correction. This means, if a candidate has moved to another city, he/she can provide it as first preference, in case they want an exam center in that city.
- This year, the exam is being conducted in 4 sessions – February, March, April and May. Candidates who have not opted for any of the sessions while filling the application form can do so by using the correction window.
- In the above case, candidates will be asked to pay additional fees according to the number of sessions and papers chosen by the candidate.
- Candidates who were not able to take JEE Advanced in the previous year (2020), do not have to attempt JEE Main 2021 again. They can directly attempt JEE Advanced 2021, while providing valid proof of reason over why they weren’t able to take the exam. The rules will be communicated once JEE Advanced 2021 notification is released.
In case you are facing any issues in form correction, you can comment here or contact JEE Main Helpline. Keep visiting JEEMains.in for regular updates!