Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main form correction 2020'
Tag Archives: JEE Main form correction 2020
NTA has expanded the correction facility provided from 1st April to 14th April 2020 with the option to change the choice of exam center cities for JEE Main 2020. The decision was taken in due course as the candidates were forced to move to their hometowns amidst the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
With this facility now being provided, the candidates can make changes in exam city preferences. A few points to be noted are given below-
- NTA has assured candidates to allot exam centers in the preferred city but in case of limited capacity, the exam center will be allotted to next preferences provided by the candidate.
- Facility for change of exam center city of JEE Main 2020 is operational only until 14th April 2020.
- If any additional fee is required, the same can be paid using Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card/UPI/Wallet
- There is no other window provided for this facility. Correction in Exam City Preference for JEE Main 2020 will be provided in JEE Main 2020 Correction Window only.
NTA recently postponed the JEE Main 2020 Examination on MHRD’s advisory until an unannounced date during the end of May 2020 due to coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Admit Cards for JEE Main 2020 will be available after 14th April 2020 upon reviewing the situation of the crisis in India. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for any updates on the JEE Main 2020. To know more about JEE Main 2020 Correction Facility – click here.
Latest News Updates
- TNEA 2020 Online Counselling Registration Begins from July 15
- SRMJEEE 2020 Cancelled Amid COVID-19
- Live Update: JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2020 Postponed, New Dates Set For September
- Turn Lockdown Period Into An Opportunity”, says Anand Kumar of Super 30 to JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2020: Dates announced by the MHRD, Examination to be conducted from July 18 to 23, 2020
What preferences should candidates provide in this situation?
It is understandable that a lot of students who were staying out of hometown have moved into their homes soon after the COVID-19 cases started growing. There could be multiple cases over what preference a candidate would have provided initially while filling JEE Main 2020 Application Form. Currently, these are the best suggestions to candidates who want to change exam city preference-
- Choose the same city you are currently residing in, as your first preference as authorities might seal city borders.
- If providing a second preference, do not choose a city out of state borders.
- States are suggesting an extended lockdown and sealing borders, so make sure to choose a city only under the state borders.
- You may choose public transport such as Railways as Indian Railways has assured proper sanitization and limited allotment of berths.
- If urgent, write/request to the nodal officer of your current district to allow you to leave for hometown using personal transport.
Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website of JEE Main 2020 – jeemain.nta.nic.in – for important updates on the examination.
JEE Main exam dates are set from 1st September – 6th September 2020. NTA has reopened JEE Main Form Correction window till 31st July 2020. NTA has also provided the option to update exam city preferences.
Latest Update: The Form Correction Facility has been extended up to 31st July 2020 for NDA (I) and JEE Main. The authority has requested the candidates appearing for NDA and NA Exam (I) on September 6 to select the option “Yes” in their JEE Main Application form. This will ensure that dates for both do not clash.
Applicant making corrections might have to pay an extra fee for the same other than JEE Main Registration fee. (Check correction in the following article)
JEE Main Form Correction Dates
Here are all important JEE Main Form Correction Dates 2020:
|Event||JEE Main April Session Dates|
|Availability of JEE Main Application Form 2020||February 7 – March 12, 2020|
|Commencement of correction in Uploaded images||Open till the release of admit cards|
|Availability of JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction||Up to 31st July 2020 (reopened)|
|Payment of extra application form (if applicable)||Till 31st July 2020 (11:50 pm)|
Details that can be edited through JEE Main Form Correction Window
- Candidates’ Name (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Paper (change from Paper 1 to Paper 2 or vice versa)
- Aadhaar Number: Unlike last year, the Aadhaar number can be updated.
- Date of Birth (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Communication Address
- Contact Number
- Photograph and Signature
Image Correction Specification
As per the latest notice, image correction has to be made according to the Annexure-A (given below).
NTA has also issued a notice for candidates belonging to Economically Weaker Section. It advises them to use the JEE Main Form Correction to avail the 10% EWS reservation.
JEE Main Form Correction: Key Points
It often happens that candidates make mistakes while filling the online application form. Either because of inexperience or confusion. Thus, to rectify those mistakes, NTA offers JEE Main Form Correction facility. It helps to edit the details in the online application form.
- It is a one-time facility for making corrections in some fields of JEE Main Application Form.
- The JEE Main application form correction window was initially open from March 13 – 16, 2020. The Correction Window has reopened multiple times since the COVID-19 outbreak. The current window is open until 31st July 2020.
- The organizing body will not consider any request made for corrections after closing this window.
- JEE Main form correction process is similar to registering for JEE Main 2020 one more time.
How to correct JEE Main Application Form?
Candidates can correct JEE Main 2020 application form by using the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the official site of JEE Main 2020 – www.jeemain.nic.in
- Then, click on “Corrections in JEE Main 2020 Application Form ”
- After that, log in with your application number and password and enter the security code.
- Click on “Manage Form Particulars Correction”
- Read the instructions and make the corrections as required.
- Lastly, submit the JEE Main Application Form and pay the requisite application fee (if required)
JEE Main Center Change: Scope of Changing Exam City
With a large number of candidates stuck in a particular city or shifted to hometowns due to the recent country-wide lockdown amidst the COVID-19 outbreak, NTA provided the option to update the exam city preference before the release of JEE Main Admit Cards. This option is generally not available to candidates as the allocation of exam city is completed soon after the registration window closes. Moreover, approximately 9.3 lac students registered for JEE Main 2020 April session. It will be difficult to accumulate a large number of students in a single exam center.
- Candidates can update exam city preference for all 4 choices till the closing of JEE Main Correction Facility 2020.
- There is no extra fee required unless the candidate is opting for a foreign city.
JEE Main Form Correction Fee
There could be cases where a candidate is required to pay an additional fee for correction in JEE Main Application Form. Such as candidates want to change their category in JEE Main or want to change the city. Given below are some changes which will cost some fee.
- An additional fee is required in case candidate changes category from SC/ST/Girls/PwD to General/OBC-NCL
- Wants to opt for two or more papers, instead of a single paper.
- Wants to change exam city preference to a foreign city.
Candidates must be aware of fake services that appear like JEE Main Form Correction Facility and fraudulently deduct a large amount of money from bank accounts. Only use the official website to access JEE Main Application Form Correction Facility.
JEE Main Photo Correction and Size Guidelines
Candidates will also be able to make corrections in the photos uploaded in JEE Main 2020 Application Form. Window to make corrections in images will be opened till the JEE Main Admit Card 2020 is released.
The last date to make photo correction in your JEE Main 2020 Application form is not specified. Applicants who may have uploaded wrong images can correct their images during this correction period.
Given below are the steps to make correction(s) in the uploaded images:
- First, go to the official site of JEE Main 2020.
- After that, log in using your credentials i.e. Application Number, Password and security code.
- Then, click on the link “Upload/Change Images” button.
- Further, select the images with correct specifications and upload them.
- Finally, Click on “Submit”.
- After submission, take a print out of the JEE Main Application form for future references.
How to check the size of the image?
You can follow the steps given below to make sure the images you are about to upload are as per the specifications.
- First, right-click on the image you want to upload.
- Then, click on ‘Properties’
- Now, a window will appear having properties of the image.
- So, click on the ‘Details’ tab.
- And finally, view the dimensions, height, and width of the image.
Can Correction Facility provide a refund?
- In case a candidate wants to correct the selected category, to a category for which the application fee is less than the one previously selected, there shall be no refund of any application fee.
- There will be no refund if a candidate who opted for more than one paper, opts for the single paper using a correction window.
JEE Main Application Form Status
After submitting the JEE Main application form, its status can be checked by clicking on the “Status” tab. Any one of the following messages will be displayed on the user’s window-
Received – If the application form is successfully submitted.
Unsuccessful – If the application form is Incomplete/Rejected/Not Submitted.
Candidates have to successfully remit the application fee before the registration window is closed. Only these candidates shall be able to access the JEE Main Form Correction Facility.
Also Check | JEE Main Preparation Tips
JEE Main Helpline
Any doubt in correcting JEE Main application form can be asked by writing an email to [email protected] by mentioning the Name of the candidate, Registration ID and Mistakes.
JEE (Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida – 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
Helpline No.: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529
Computer-Based Exam Helpline No.: 18002669778
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: In this case, your center will be decided by the board.
Answer: The centers will be given after releasing admit card.
Answer: You don’t need to change the language as the paper will be in both languages Hindi/English. You can write your paper in English or Hindi.
Answer: You can apply with your enrollment ID given on your aadhar card.
Answer: The exam centre will be generated automatically.