Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main form correction 2020'
Tag Archives: JEE Main form correction 2020
Last updated on April 20th, 2020
NTA has expanded the correction facility provided from 1st April to 14th April 2020 with the option to change the choice of exam center cities for JEE Main 2020. The decision was taken in due course as the candidates were forced to move to their hometowns amidst the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
With this facility now being provided, the candidates can make changes in exam city preferences. A few points to be noted are given below-
- NTA has assured candidates to allot exam centers in the preferred city but in case of limited capacity, the exam center will be allotted to next preferences provided by the candidate.
- Facility for change of exam center city of JEE Main 2020 is operational only until 14th April 2020.
- If any additional fee is required, the same can be paid using Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card/UPI/Wallet
- There is no other window provided for this facility. Correction in Exam City Preference for JEE Main 2020 will be provided in JEE Main 2020 Correction Window only.
NTA recently postponed the JEE Main 2020 Examination on MHRD’s advisory until an unannounced date during the end of May 2020 due to coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Admit Cards for JEE Main 2020 will be available after 14th April 2020 upon reviewing the situation of the crisis in India. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for any updates on the JEE Main 2020. To know more about JEE Main 2020 Correction Facility – click here.
Latest JEE Main News
- Predict College or Courses Using Your JEE Main Rank
- JEE Main 2021 Result for Phase 4 Released, 18 Students Secured AIR 1
- JEE Advanced 2021 Registration Starts from September 15. Register Here
- JEE Advanced 2021: New Guidelines Released, Qualified Candidates Of Last Year Can Appear Without JEE Main 2021
What preferences should candidates provide in this situation?
It is understandable that a lot of students who were staying out of hometown have moved into their homes soon after the COVID-19 cases started growing. There could be multiple cases over what preference a candidate would have provided initially while filling JEE Main 2020 Application Form. Currently, these are the best suggestions to candidates who want to change exam city preference-
- Choose the same city you are currently residing in, as your first preference as authorities might seal city borders.
- If providing a second preference, do not choose a city out of state borders.
- States are suggesting an extended lockdown and sealing borders, so make sure to choose a city only under the state borders.
- You may choose public transport such as Railways as Indian Railways has assured proper sanitization and limited allotment of berths.
- If urgent, write/request to the nodal officer of your current district to allow you to leave for hometown using personal transport.
Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website of JEE Main 2020 – jeemain.nta.nic.in – for important updates on the examination.