Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main form correction 2020'
Tag Archives: JEE Main form correction 2020
Last updated on April 20th, 2020 at 10:41 am
NTA has expanded the correction facility provided from 1st April to 14th April 2020 with the option to change the choice of exam center cities for JEE Main 2020. The decision was taken in due course as the candidates were forced to move to their hometowns amidst the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
With this facility now being provided, the candidates can make changes in exam city preferences. A few points to be noted are given below-
- NTA has assured candidates to allot exam centers in the preferred city but in case of limited capacity, the exam center will be allotted to next preferences provided by the candidate.
- Facility for change of exam center city of JEE Main 2020 is operational only until 14th April 2020.
- If any additional fee is required, the same can be paid using Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card/UPI/Wallet
- There is no other window provided for this facility. Correction in Exam City Preference for JEE Main 2020 will be provided in JEE Main 2020 Correction Window only.
NTA recently postponed the JEE Main 2020 Examination on MHRD’s advisory until an unannounced date during the end of May 2020 due to coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Admit Cards for JEE Main 2020 will be available after 14th April 2020 upon reviewing the situation of the crisis in India. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for any updates on the JEE Main 2020. To know more about JEE Main 2020 Correction Facility – click here.
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
What preferences should candidates provide in this situation?
It is understandable that a lot of students who were staying out of hometown have moved into their homes soon after the COVID-19 cases started growing. There could be multiple cases over what preference a candidate would have provided initially while filling JEE Main 2020 Application Form. Currently, these are the best suggestions to candidates who want to change exam city preference-
- Choose the same city you are currently residing in, as your first preference as authorities might seal city borders.
- If providing a second preference, do not choose a city out of state borders.
- States are suggesting an extended lockdown and sealing borders, so make sure to choose a city only under the state borders.
- You may choose public transport such as Railways as Indian Railways has assured proper sanitization and limited allotment of berths.
- If urgent, write/request to the nodal officer of your current district to allow you to leave for hometown using personal transport.
Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website of JEE Main 2020 – jeemain.nta.nic.in – for important updates on the examination.
Last updated on March 2nd, 2021 at 09:15 pm
JEE Main Form Correction Window 2021 was open from 27th to 30th January 2021. JEE Main 2021 Application Forms were released, about 2 months later than usual dates, on 16th December 2020. Application Form Window is open again from 2nd to 6th March 2020. Candidates can apply for upcoming sessions of March, April and May 2021.
Latest Updates on JEE Main Form Correction 2021:
- NTA has notified that candidates won’t be provided facility of form correction for March 2021 session. Application Window will be open from 2nd to 6th March only.
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021 have been released on the official website. Candidates can download the hall ticket using application number and DOB.
- Those who have any issues in their passport image or signature, can correct it using JEE Main Image Correction Window.
- JEE Main Form Correction 2021 has closed for candidates.
- NTA answered some FAQs on JEE Main Application Forms. Know More
- Four sessions of JEE Main 2021 will be conducted – February, March, April and May 2021.
Applicants making corrections might have to pay an extra fee for the same other than JEE Main 2021 Registration fee. (Check correction in the following article)
- Top Engineering Colleges in India Accepting JEE Main Score
- जेईई मेन 2021 के बारे में हिंदी में पढ़ें
- Top 10 NITs in India
JEE Main Form Correction Dates 2021
Here are all important JEE Main Form Correction Dates 2021:
|Event||JEE Main April Session Dates|
|Availability of JEE Main Application Form 2021||16th December 2020 – 16th January 2021|
|Commencement of correction in Uploaded images||27th January 2021|
|Availability of JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction||27th to 30th January 2021|
|Payment of extra application form (if applicable)||According to additional exams/change of exam centre|
Note: JEE Main Application Forms will be re-opened after each session of 2021. Thereby, form correction windows will re-open too.
JEE Main Form Correction: What Can be Changed?
- Candidates’ Name (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Paper (change from Paper 1 to Paper 2 or vice versa)
- Aadhaar Number: Unlike last year, the Aadhaar number can be updated.
- Date of Birth (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Communication Address
- Contact Number
- Photograph and Signature
JEE Main Form Correction 2021: Key Points
It often happens that candidates make mistakes while filling the online application form. Either because of inexperience or confusion. Thus, to rectify those mistakes, NTA offers JEE Main Form Correction facility. It helps to edit the details in the online application form.
- It is a one-time facility for making corrections in some fields of JEE Main Application Form.
- The JEE Main application form correction window will only open for a specific time period.
- The organizing body does not consider any request made for corrections after closing the correction window.
- JEE Main form correction process is similar to registering for JEE Main 2021 one more time.
How to correct JEE Main Application Form 2021?
Candidates can correct JEE Main 2021 application form by using the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the official site of JEE Main 2021 – www.jeemain.nic.in
- Then, click on “Corrections in JEE Main 2021 Application Form ”
- After that, log in with your application number and password and enter the security code.
JEE Main Application Form Correction
- Click on “Manage Form Particulars Correction”
Application particulars Correction
- Read the instructions and make the corrections as required.
- Lastly, submit the JEE Main Application Form and pay the requisite application fee (if required)
Details that can be edited in JEE FORM
JEE Main Form Correction Fee
There could be cases where a candidate is required to pay an additional fee for correction in JEE Main Application Form. Such candidates want to change their category in JEE Main or want to change the city. Given below are some changes which will cost some fee.
- An additional fee is required in case candidate changes category from SC/ST/Girls/PwD to General/OBC-NCL
- If you want to opt for two or more papers, instead of a single paper.
- If you want to change exam city preference to a foreign city.
Candidates must be aware of fake services that appear like JEE Main Form Correction Facility and fraudulently deduct a large amount of money from bank accounts. Only use the official website to access JEE Main Application Form Correction Facility.
JEE Main Photo Correction and Size Guidelines
Candidates Can make corrections in the photos uploaded in JEE Main 2021 Application Form. Window for JEE Main photo correction will be opening soon.
Given below are the steps to make the correction(s) in the uploaded images:
- First, go to the official site of JEE Main 2021.
- After that, log in using your credentials i.e. Application Number, Password, and security code.
- Then, click on the link “Upload/Change Images” button.
- Further, select the images with correct specifications and upload them.
- Finally, Click on “Submit”.
- After submission, take a print out of the JEE Main Application form for future references.
- JEE Main Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details
- Top IIITs of India: Rankings, Cut Off, Average Package
How to check the size of the image?
You can follow the steps given below to make sure the images you are about to upload are as per the specifications.
- First, right-click on the image you want to upload.
- Then, click on ‘Properties’
- Now, a window will appear having properties of the image.
- So, click on the ‘Details’ tab.
- And finally, view the dimensions, height, and width of the image.
Can Form Correction Facility Provide a Refund?
- In case a candidate wants to correct the selected category, to a category for which the application fee is less than the one previously selected, there shall be no refund of any application fee.
- There will be no refund if a candidate who opted for more than one paper, opts for the single paper using a correction window.
JEE Main Application Form 2021 Status
After submitting the JEE Main application form, its status can be checked by clicking on the “Status” tab. Anyone of the following messages will be displayed on the user’s window-
Received – If the application form is successfully submitted.
Unsuccessful – If the application form is Incomplete/Rejected/Not Submitted.
Candidates have to successfully remit the application fee before the registration window is closed. Only these candidates shall be able to access the JEE Main Form Correction Facility.
JEE Main Helpline
Any doubt in correcting JEE Main application form can be asked by writing an email to [email protected] by mentioning the Name of the candidate, Registration ID,
JEE (Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida – 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
Helpline No.: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529
Computer-Based Exam Helpline No.: 18002669778
Email: [email protected]
JEE Main Form Correction FAQs
Last updated on December 7th, 2020 at 05:57 pm
Answer: Yes, you can make changes in your name during the form correction time period.
Last updated on December 7th, 2020 at 05:57 pm
Answer: No, the fees cannot be paid after the last date. Correction facility is only available for all those who have successfully submitted the applications and paid the application fees.