Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main 2021 Form Filling'
Tag Archives: JEE Main 2021 Form Filling
NTA has opened the JEE Main 2021 application form correction facility to make changes in the application form of the exam from today. Students can make the corrections in their JEE Main 2021 Application forms till 30th January 2021. On the application form, the aspirants will be able to edit various details like – name, address, educational details, photos and others.
JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction: 8 Steps
Check the 8 steps to correct your JEE Main 2021 application forms below:
- Aspirants must visit the official website of JEE Main 2021 i.e. jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Then, click on either – “Image Correction” or “Application Correction” button to make the changes.
- Now, the candidates should read all the instructions and click on ‘Proceed’ to move to the next step.
- Check if all information is correct. In case changes are required, please do the same and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- In case you want to make corrections to the photograph, they must click on the link – “Image Correction”.
- Then provide your credentials to login and proceed further.
- Students will have to upload their photograph once again with the ascertained size and format.
- After that, candidates will have to ‘Save’ their changes and then click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
After the JEE Main 2021 application form correction, NTA will release the admit card in the second week of February 2021 tentatively. NTA also has stated the details like – name, address, category, PWD status, educational details, date of birth, choice of exam cities, etc. once changed on the application form and submitted will not be considered for changes further.
What’s New This Time?
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of changes were incorporated in the previous year to ensure all aspirants get to write the exam. Those changes have also been included in this year. Few are mentioned below-
- Candidates are allowed to update their exam city preferences in form correction. This means, if a candidate has moved to another city, he/she can provide it as first preference, in case they want an exam center in that city.
- This year, the exam is being conducted in 4 sessions – February, March, April and May. Candidates who have not opted for any of the sessions while filling the application form can do so by using the correction window.
- In the above case, candidates will be asked to pay additional fees according to the number of sessions and papers chosen by the candidate.
- Candidates who were not able to take JEE Advanced in the previous year (2020), do not have to attempt JEE Main 2021 again. They can directly attempt JEE Advanced 2021, while providing valid proof of reason over why they weren’t able to take the exam. The rules will be communicated once JEE Advanced 2021 notification is released.
In case you are facing any issues in form correction, you can comment here or contact JEE Main Helpline. Keep visiting JEEMains.in for regular updates!
Last updated on March 30th, 2021 at 11:58 am
The first session of JEE Main 2021 is scheduled to be held from 23rd February 2021 to 26th February 2021. Application process has started from 16th December 2020. Candidates can fill up the JEE Main Application Forms till 16th January 2021.
- In order to complete the application process, candidates need to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature in proper dimensions, as prescribed by the NTA.
- The entire application process for JEE Main 2021 is online, so scanned images of photograph and signature should also be uploaded via online mode on the official website.
- JEE Main 2021 Syllabus: Detailed Syllabus For All Papers
- JEE Advanced Practice Papers 2021
- Previous Year Question Papers for JEE Main 2021
Latest Updates on JEE Main 2021:
- NTA has answered important FAQs on JEE Main Form Filling. Know More
- As per NTA, Paper 2A (B.Arch) and 2B (B.Planning) will be conducted in February and May sessions only.
- JEE Main 2021 will be conducted in 4 sessions in February, March, April and May in 2021.
- Candidates can avail the JEE Main 2021 Form Correction Facility for February session from 19th January 2021 to 21st January 2021.
- JEE Main 2021 Result will be tentatively declared in the first week of March 2021.
Steps to Upload Scanned Images for JEE Main 2021
While scanning and uploading the photograph in the JEE Main 2021 application form, students need to follow certain guidelines prescribed by NTA. The following specifications are important in order to successfully upload the photograph:
- Fill the application form correctly and carefully.
- Upon filling the application form, note down the application number generated by the system.
- Upload the scanned images (photograph & signature) in proper size i.e. between 10KB – 200KB for Passport Photo and 4KB – 30KB for signature.
- Scanned images should be in .jpg or .jpeg format.
- Once the scanned images are successfully uploaded, make the application fee payment via SBI/HDFC Bank/Canara Bank/ICICI Bank/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card / Net Banking/UPI.
- Carefully save the receipt of the fee payment via saving it as PDF.
- After making the payment, take a print out of the confirmation page. Use Save as PDF to keep a digital copy of the same.
You Might Like-
- JEE Main Study Material 2021 – Books, Android Apps, Sample Papers
- How To Revise For JEE Main 2021 in 30 Days?
Guidelines for Scanned Photograph in JEE Main 2021 Application
During JEE Main application, be careful while choosing the right photograph to upload. Here are some guidelines to select the right photograph.
- Do not wear a mask in the upload passport photograph.
- Avoid uploading a photograph clicked by mobile phone; it must be clicked by a professional camera with white / light background.
- Also, the photograph can be colored or black & white with clear contrast and optimum resolution.
- Facial area must be visible at least 80% in the image and avoid wearing any muffler or scarf that may cover your face. The photograph should be clicked without wearing a mask.
- Do not wear goggles in the photograph. Students with eyesight problems are allowed to wear spectacles and are advised to look straight into the camera for a better photograph.
- Ensure eyes are properly visible and there’s no reflection in the spectacles.
- Polaroid images are not acceptable.
Guidelines to Scanned Signature in JEE Main 2021 Application
- Signature to be scanned should be done on clear white paper and should be clearly visible.
- Size of the scanned image of the signature should be between 4KB and 30KB and the format should be either .jpg or .jpeg.
- While signing, make sure to do that in running handwriting and not in capital letters.
- Overwriting in signature will not be accepted.
- Dimension of the signature should be 1.5 cm (height) X 3.5 cm (width).
Some Points To Remember While Scanning Photograph and Signature for JEE Main 2021
- Resolution of the scanner should be minimum 96 dpi (dots per inch) and the color should be set to True Color.
- The size of the image should be between 10KB and 200KB (passport photo) and 4KB – 30KB (signature) and it should be in .jpg/.jpeg format.
- To adjust the images of photograph & signature to the above mentioned size, crop the scanned image using any photo editor to the edges and reduce the dimensions using the Resize option.
- Check if the dimension and format for the scanned images is correct or not.
- While uploading the scanned images, if the dimensions, format or size is not in the specified format, an error message will be displayed.
- Students using MS Windows / MS Office can easily obtain the image in the specified format by using MS Office Picture Manager or MS Paint.
- Click here to Download MS Office Picture Manager.
Note: Images of passport photo or signature can be taken by a mobile camera. However, utmost care must be taken of picture clarity, cropping the edges, file size and format.
Procedure to Upload Photograph & Signature
- Post filling the application form and hitting the ‘submit’ button, links to upload scanned images are displayed.
- Two separate buttons will be provided to upload the photograph and signature.
- Click on the “Upload Photograph/Signature” link.
- Select the browse option and go to the location where you saved both the files.
- Select the respective file and press the upload option.
- If the scanned images are in the prescribed format, dimension and size, the uploading of images will be successful.
- JEE Main Exam Pattern 2021 (Updated)
- Mathematics Syllabus For JEE Main 2021
- JEE Main Physics Syllabus 2021
Guidelines For Category Certificate and PwD Certificate Upload
As per the latest information bulletin of JEE Main 2021, the following rules are applicable for uploading Category Certificate and PwD Certificate-
- Category Certificate
- Format – PDF
- Minimum Size – 50 KB
- Maximum Size – 300 KB
- PwD Certificate
- Format – PDF
- Minimum Size – 50 KB
- Maximum Size – 300 KB
All the important information must be clearly visible in these documents. Candidates who are not availing reservation under a specific category or PwD category need not upload these documents.
In order to upload these certificates, it is suggested to use Microsoft Office Lens Application which can convert scanned images into PDF Documents. Do ensure the image is resized previously to reduce the file size. You can also use images to PDF converters available online.
JEE Main Scanned Images FAQs
Last updated on December 19th, 2020 at 10:55 am
Answer: In case of any errors in the uploaded images, you can make changes during the form correction window from 19th January to 21st January 2021.
Last updated on December 19th, 2020 at 10:56 am
Answer: In order to make changes in the uploaded images, you can follow the following steps:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main NTA 2021.
- Click on the “Remove Image Discrepancy” link.
- Login to your application portal using the application form number and password.
- Rectify the photo as per the guidelines of NTA and submit the form.
Last updated on December 18th, 2020 at 11:33 am
Ans: JEE Main 201 candidates can pay the registration fee in online mode only. For online payment, one can opt for debit card / credit card / netbanking / UPI. GST charges will be applicable as well. There is no other alternative to pay the JEE Main 2021 Application fee offline or via cash.
Last updated on November 23rd, 2020 at 11:48 am
Ans. Yes, it is possible to apply for both B. Arch and B. Planning paper simultaneously.