Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main 2021 Application Form'
Tag Archives: JEE Main 2021 Application Form
NTA has opened the JEE Main 2021 application form correction facility to make changes in the application form of the exam from today. Students can make the corrections in their JEE Main 2021 Application forms till 30th January 2021. On the application form, the aspirants will be able to edit various details like – name, address, educational details, photos and others.
JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction: 8 Steps
Check the 8 steps to correct your JEE Main 2021 application forms below:
- Aspirants must visit the official website of JEE Main 2021 i.e. jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Then, click on either – “Image Correction” or “Application Correction” button to make the changes.
- Now, the candidates should read all the instructions and click on ‘Proceed’ to move to the next step.
- Check if all information is correct. In case changes are required, please do the same and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- In case you want to make corrections to the photograph, they must click on the link – “Image Correction”.
- Then provide your credentials to login and proceed further.
- Students will have to upload their photograph once again with the ascertained size and format.
- After that, candidates will have to ‘Save’ their changes and then click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
After the JEE Main 2021 application form correction, NTA will release the admit card in the second week of February 2021 tentatively. NTA also has stated the details like – name, address, category, PWD status, educational details, date of birth, choice of exam cities, etc. once changed on the application form and submitted will not be considered for changes further.
What’s New This Time?
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of changes were incorporated in the previous year to ensure all aspirants get to write the exam. Those changes have also been included in this year. Few are mentioned below-
- Candidates are allowed to update their exam city preferences in form correction. This means, if a candidate has moved to another city, he/she can provide it as first preference, in case they want an exam center in that city.
- This year, the exam is being conducted in 4 sessions – February, March, April and May. Candidates who have not opted for any of the sessions while filling the application form can do so by using the correction window.
- In the above case, candidates will be asked to pay additional fees according to the number of sessions and papers chosen by the candidate.
- Candidates who were not able to take JEE Advanced in the previous year (2020), do not have to attempt JEE Main 2021 again. They can directly attempt JEE Advanced 2021, while providing valid proof of reason over why they weren’t able to take the exam. The rules will be communicated once JEE Advanced 2021 notification is released.
In case you are facing any issues in form correction, you can comment here or contact JEE Main Helpline. Keep visiting JEEMains.in for regular updates!
NTA recently released a total of 36 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on JEE Main 2021. They were released on the official website for students who have been confused over how multiple changes in JEE Main 2021 are being incorporated.
The most important change is, of course – 4 sessions. Students are majorly confused about the JEE Main Application Forms of these multiple sessions. To clarify these issues, NTA provided relevant information in their FAQs. We are including some of the most important FAQs below.
- JEE Main Old Question Papers (2020- 2015) with solutions
- Top IIITs in India: Placements, Cut Off, Fees
- National Institutes of Technology: Fees, NIRF Ranks, Cut Off
Q1. When can students fill the JEE Main Application Form 2021?
Ans. JEE Main Application Window 2021 is open from 16 December 2020 to 16 January 2021. Fees can be paid online only till 17 January 2021. Register Now
However, the application/registration window will be open again for 3 to 4 days after results of February, March and April sessions. Students can apply for further upcoming sessions through these windows.
Q2. Do candidates have to fill separate Application Forms for each session of JEE Main 2021?
Ans. No, candidates will be required to fill only one application form for JEE Main 2021 for all sessions. Candidates can opt for all/partial sessions now or later on, within the same application form. While filling the JEE Main Application Form for another session later on, candidates need to use the same credentials as the previous session. They will only be required to pay application fee.
Q3. I paid the application fee for a particular session, but do not want to attend that session. Can I get a refund?
Ans. A candidate can get a refund if he/she does not want to attend the session. In this case, the candidate must apply for a refund request only during the application window of that session. Candidates can also carry forward the fee for next session.
Q4. Has the NTA changed JEE Main Syllabus 2021?
Ans. NTA has not changed the JEE Main Syllabus 2021. The syllabus is the same as previous year. Although, the number of numerical questions in each section have been increased from 5 to 10 with any 5 to attempt. This will be provided in the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics section of all papers.
Q5. In which sessions will Paper 2A (B.Arch) and Paper 2B (B.Planning) be conducted?
Ans. Paper 2A and 2B will be conducted only twice a year as before – February and May 2021 sessions only. This is because both papers include Pen and Paper mode for the Drawing section.
Q6. What is the duration of exam for Paper 2A and 2B when attempted together?
Ans. The duration is 3 hours and 30 minutes for Paper 2A and 2B. The shift is fixed from 3 PM to 6:30 PM only.
Q7. Is it compulsory to upload category certificates – Gen-EWS, SC, ST, OBC (NCL) and PwD certificate – in JEE Main Application Form?
Ans. Yes, it is compulsory to upload your respective category and PwD certificate (if applicable). However, candidates who do not have it currently available can upload the printable self-undertaking. However, the original certificate (scanned) has to be uploaded before the end of May 2021. Check JEE Main Reservation Criteria
These were few of the main questions which were important for aspirants. All of the FAQs can be read here. Self-undertaking (Appendix II) can be found at the end of this document.