Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main 2020 Participating College'
Tag Archives: JEE Main 2020 Participating College
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 01:52 pm
Joint Entrance Examination- JEE Main 2020 is an examination conducted by NTA through which students get admission in various government-funded engineering colleges. Earlier, different colleges used to conduct separate entrance tests to provide admissions into engineering but now, JEE Main has become the only entrance examination all over the country. Read this article to know the complete list of JEE Main 2020 Participating colleges.
- JEE Main counselling will commence from September 2020.
- Through the examination, candidates get the admission in the engineering undergraduate programs, i.e., B.Tech and B.E. in various engineering colleges including those in NITs, IIITs, government funded GFTIs, some state colleges etc.
- Some private colleges also accept the score of JEE Main to fill their seats.
- The JEE Main January session was conducted from January 6, 2020 to January 11, 2020 and the JEE Main 2020 exam dates for next session is September 1, 2020 to September 6, 2020.
- Total number of colleges accepting the scores of JEE Main are approximately 119 in number.
- To get admissions into IITs among many JEE Main participating colleges in India, candidates need to clear JEE advanced.
- Candidates need to get a rank in the top 2,50,000 qualifiers of the examination to be eligible for the JEE advanced 2020.
- JEE Advanced 2020 has been scheduled for 27 September 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Participating Colleges List
- There are many government colleges accepting JEE Main Score.
- Various institutes like NITs, IITs, IIITs, GFTIs, some state colleges fill their seats on the basis of JEE Main scores.
- Seats in private colleges are also filled using the scores of JEE Main.
- JoSAA conducts the counselling for filling the seats at various NITs and IIITs across the country.
- Candidates are advised to check how JoSAA works to avoid mistakes in the counselling process.
National Institute Of Technology (NITs) Under JEE Main 2020
- The admission in the National Institute of Technology (NITs) are based on JEE Main scores. There are a total of 31 NITs in the country which are categorised under autonomous public institutes.
Out of the 31 NITs, 11 are relatively newly established while the remaining 20 are old engineering institutes
|National Institutes of Technology (NITs)||NIRF Ranking 2020|
|National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (Haryana)||40|
|National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (Maharashtra)||27|
|National Institute of Technology, Puducherry||130|
|National Institute of Technology, Goa||77|
|National Institute of Technology, Agartala||75|
|National Institute of Technology, Delhi||251-300|
|National Institute of Technology, Manipur (Imphal)||158|
|Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur (Rajasthan)||35|
|National Institute of Technology, Silchar (Assam)||46|
|National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)||79|
|National Institute of Technology, Nagaland||–|
|Motilal Nehru Institute of Technology, Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh)||48|
|National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli||9|
|National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya||61|
|National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Tamil Nadu)||19|
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
Indian Institute Of Information Technology (IIITs) Under JEE Main 2020
- The Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) are autonomous institutions offering technical education focused on Information Technology and Communication Studies.
- IIITs are popular among the students after IITs and NITs.
- The total number of IIITs in India are 25, five of which are listed as the Institutes of National Importance.
Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) Under JEE Main 2020
- Government Funded technical Institutes (GFITs) accepts the score of JEE Main for the admission in B.Tech/ B.E. curses.
- The allotment of B.Tech seats in GFTIs is based on the cut-off score of JEE Main.
- Below are given some of the popular GFITs that offer admissions on the basis of scores obtained in JEE Main.
|Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs)||NIRF Ranking 2020|
|Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh||–|
|National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), Aurangabad, Maharashtra||–|
|Assam University, Silchar, Assam||–|
|Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology||137|
|Mizoram University, Aizawl||–|
|School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh||–|
|Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management (IITRAM), Ahmedabad, Gujarat||–|
|J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh||–|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand||38|
|Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi, Uttar Pradesh||–|
|School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi||–|
|School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada||–|
|Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar||–|
|National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi, Jharkhand||148|
|School of Engineering and Technology, Mizoram||–|
States Accepting JEE Main 2020 Score
- Some states do accept the scores of JEE Main.
- The seats in all the engineering colleges of the states are filled by the counselling which is done on the basis of the scores obtained in JEE Main examination.
- However, Some states have their own engineering entrance exams that are applicable on the engineering colleges of that particular state.
- The states that accept the score of JEE Main are listed below:
- Madhya Pradesh
- New Delhi
Some Delhi Colleges Accepting JEE Main Score 2020
- There are many engineering institutes in New Delhi that accept the scores of JEE Main for filling up their seats.
- These colleges are known for their highly qualified and well experienced faculty and have good placement records.
- They release their own cut off after the release of the JEE Main cut off. Admissions are done on the basis of the cut off announced by them.
- Delhi Technical University (DTU), New Delhi
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT), New Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, New Delhi
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Apeejay Stya University, New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUw), New Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, New Delhi
Other JEE Main Participating Colleges in India
- There are many private institutes that also accept the score of JEE Main to offer admission in the B.Tech/ B.E.
- Courses to the engineering aspirants.
- The list of some of the famous private engineering colleges is given below:
- Birla Institute of Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- IISC Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Punjab
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- PEC Punjab University of Technology, Chandigarh
- Jaypee Institute of Technology, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Amity Institute of Technology, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- AISECT University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Techno India University, Kolkata, West Bengal
- ITM University, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
- Dr KN Modi University, Tonk, Rajasthan
- Bhagwant University, Amer, Rajasthan
- Amity School of Engineering, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Amity University, Gurgaon, Haryana
- JoSAA is the authority that is set up to conduct the counselling for the admission in 87 engineering colleges including NITs, IITs, IIITs, GFTIs, state colleges and other colleges.
- Some private colleges conduct their individual counselling for the admission to the engineering courses.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Answer: NITs, IIITs, GFTIs as well as some state Engineering colleges and private colleges give admission through JEE Main.
Answer: To get admission in IIT, you will have to clear JEE Main as well as JEE Advanced 2020.
Answer: 92 percentile is a good score and you should be able to get admission in some good college through it.