Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main 2020 Form Correction'
Tag Archives: JEE Main 2020 Form Correction
Last updated on May 26th, 2020
Exam dates for JEE Main 2020 are almost 2 months away and preparations for the exam is on top priority by the candidates. In another notification released by the National Testing Agency (NTA), information about the release of JEE Main 2020 Admit Card has been provided. Along with this, NTA has also stated in the notification that the exam will be conducted from 9 AM to 12 noon in the first shift and 3 PM to 6 PM in the second shift on the dates previously announced – 18th July to 23rd July 2020.
According to the notification, admit cards for JEE Main shall be released for download at least 15 days prior to the examination date. The JEE Main Admit Card will be released only in the official website of NTA – www.nta.ac.in and official website of JEE Main 2020 – jeemain.nta.nic.in.
According to the stipulated time period, admit cards for JEE Main are expected to be available on or before 3rd July 2020.
Along with this, NTA also released the expected release of NEET 2020 Admit Cards, which is the same as JEE Main – 15 days prior to the examination. According to this, the expected release can be on or before 11th July 2020 for NEET 2020 Admit Cards. NEET will be conducted in a single shift as far as the information is available till now, from 2 PM to 5 PM on 26th July 2020.
More than 9 lakh candidates have registered to appear for JEE Main examination this year. The examination has been postponed due to the critical situation caused by the outbreak of COVID-19 all across the country.
JEE Main Correction Window Now Open
The last date for fresh applications for JEE Main 2020 was 24th May 2020. This window was specially opened in order to allow certain students who had cancelled their plans to study abroad and were willing to study within the country. The applications were accepted for all candidates applying for JEE Main 2020.
Now, JEE Main Correction Facility has been re-opened for all the candidates who have filled the JEE Main Application Form previously during the first window and in the recently opened window from 19th to 24th May 2020. This is the 4th time JEE Main Correction Facility is available to candidates. This window shall remain open till 31st May 2020 and candidates are advised to make any corrections required.
Last updated on March 2nd, 2021
JEE Main Form Correction Window 2021 was open from 27th to 30th January 2021. JEE Main 2021 Application Forms were released, about 2 months later than usual dates, on 16th December 2020. Application Form Window is open again from 2nd to 6th March 2020. Candidates can apply for upcoming sessions of March, April and May 2021.
Latest Updates on JEE Main Form Correction 2021:
- NTA has notified that candidates won’t be provided facility of form correction for March 2021 session. Application Window will be open from 2nd to 6th March only.
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021 have been released on the official website. Candidates can download the hall ticket using application number and DOB.
- Those who have any issues in their passport image or signature, can correct it using JEE Main Image Correction Window.
- JEE Main Form Correction 2021 has closed for candidates.
- NTA answered some FAQs on JEE Main Application Forms. Know More
- Four sessions of JEE Main 2021 will be conducted – February, March, April and May 2021.
Applicants making corrections might have to pay an extra fee for the same other than JEE Main 2021 Registration fee. (Check correction in the following article)
- Top Engineering Colleges in India Accepting JEE Main Score
- जेईई मेन 2021 के बारे में हिंदी में पढ़ें
- Top 10 NITs in India
JEE Main Form Correction Dates 2021
Here are all important JEE Main Form Correction Dates 2021:
|Event||JEE Main April Session Dates|
|Availability of JEE Main Application Form 2021||16th December 2020 – 16th January 2021|
|Commencement of correction in Uploaded images||27th January 2021|
|Availability of JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction||27th to 30th January 2021|
|Payment of extra application form (if applicable)||According to additional exams/change of exam centre|
Note: JEE Main Application Forms will be re-opened after each session of 2021. Thereby, form correction windows will re-open too.
JEE Main Form Correction: What Can be Changed?
- Candidates’ Name (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Paper (change from Paper 1 to Paper 2 or vice versa)
- Aadhaar Number: Unlike last year, the Aadhaar number can be updated.
- Date of Birth (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Communication Address
- Contact Number
- Photograph and Signature
JEE Main Form Correction 2021: Key Points
It often happens that candidates make mistakes while filling the online application form. Either because of inexperience or confusion. Thus, to rectify those mistakes, NTA offers JEE Main Form Correction facility. It helps to edit the details in the online application form.
- It is a one-time facility for making corrections in some fields of JEE Main Application Form.
- The JEE Main application form correction window will only open for a specific time period.
- The organizing body does not consider any request made for corrections after closing the correction window.
- JEE Main form correction process is similar to registering for JEE Main 2021 one more time.
How to correct JEE Main Application Form 2021?
Candidates can correct JEE Main 2021 application form by using the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the official site of JEE Main 2021 – www.jeemain.nic.in
- Then, click on “Corrections in JEE Main 2021 Application Form ”
- After that, log in with your application number and password and enter the security code.
JEE Main Application Form Correction
- Click on “Manage Form Particulars Correction”
Application particulars Correction
- Read the instructions and make the corrections as required.
- Lastly, submit the JEE Main Application Form and pay the requisite application fee (if required)
Details that can be edited in JEE FORM
JEE Main Form Correction Fee
There could be cases where a candidate is required to pay an additional fee for correction in JEE Main Application Form. Such candidates want to change their category in JEE Main or want to change the city. Given below are some changes which will cost some fee.
- An additional fee is required in case candidate changes category from SC/ST/Girls/PwD to General/OBC-NCL
- If you want to opt for two or more papers, instead of a single paper.
- If you want to change exam city preference to a foreign city.
Candidates must be aware of fake services that appear like JEE Main Form Correction Facility and fraudulently deduct a large amount of money from bank accounts. Only use the official website to access JEE Main Application Form Correction Facility.
JEE Main Photo Correction and Size Guidelines
Candidates Can make corrections in the photos uploaded in JEE Main 2021 Application Form. Window for JEE Main photo correction will be opening soon.
Given below are the steps to make the correction(s) in the uploaded images:
- First, go to the official site of JEE Main 2021.
- After that, log in using your credentials i.e. Application Number, Password, and security code.
- Then, click on the link “Upload/Change Images” button.
- Further, select the images with correct specifications and upload them.
- Finally, Click on “Submit”.
- After submission, take a print out of the JEE Main Application form for future references.
- JEE Main Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details
- Top IIITs of India: Rankings, Cut Off, Average Package
How to check the size of the image?
You can follow the steps given below to make sure the images you are about to upload are as per the specifications.
- First, right-click on the image you want to upload.
- Then, click on ‘Properties’
- Now, a window will appear having properties of the image.
- So, click on the ‘Details’ tab.
- And finally, view the dimensions, height, and width of the image.
Can Form Correction Facility Provide a Refund?
- In case a candidate wants to correct the selected category, to a category for which the application fee is less than the one previously selected, there shall be no refund of any application fee.
- There will be no refund if a candidate who opted for more than one paper, opts for the single paper using a correction window.
JEE Main Application Form 2021 Status
After submitting the JEE Main application form, its status can be checked by clicking on the “Status” tab. Anyone of the following messages will be displayed on the user’s window-
Received – If the application form is successfully submitted.
Unsuccessful – If the application form is Incomplete/Rejected/Not Submitted.
Candidates have to successfully remit the application fee before the registration window is closed. Only these candidates shall be able to access the JEE Main Form Correction Facility.
JEE Main Helpline
Any doubt in correcting JEE Main application form can be asked by writing an email to [email protected] by mentioning the Name of the candidate, Registration ID,
JEE (Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida – 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
Helpline No.: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529
Computer-Based Exam Helpline No.: 18002669778
Email: [email protected]
JEE Main Form Correction FAQs
Last updated on December 7th, 2020
Answer: Yes, you can make changes in your name during the form correction time period.
Last updated on December 7th, 2020
Answer: No, the fees cannot be paid after the last date. Correction facility is only available for all those who have successfully submitted the applications and paid the application fees.