Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main 2020 Form Correction'
Tag Archives: JEE Main 2020 Form Correction
Exam dates for JEE Main 2020 are almost 2 months away and preparations for the exam is on top priority by the candidates. In another notification released by the National Testing Agency (NTA), information about the release of JEE Main 2020 Admit Card has been provided. Along with this, NTA has also stated in the notification that the exam will be conducted from 9 AM to 12 noon in the first shift and 3 PM to 6 PM in the second shift on the dates previously announced – 18th July to 23rd July 2020.
According to the notification, admit cards for JEE Main shall be released for download at least 15 days prior to the examination date. The JEE Main Admit Card will be released only in the official website of NTA – www.nta.ac.in and official website of JEE Main 2020 – jeemain.nta.nic.in.
According to the stipulated time period, admit cards for JEE Main are expected to be available on or before 3rd July 2020.
Along with this, NTA also released the expected release of NEET 2020 Admit Cards, which is the same as JEE Main – 15 days prior to the examination. According to this, the expected release can be on or before 11th July 2020 for NEET 2020 Admit Cards. NEET will be conducted in a single shift as far as the information is available till now, from 2 PM to 5 PM on 26th July 2020.
More than 9 lakh candidates have registered to appear for JEE Main examination this year. The examination has been postponed due to the critical situation caused by the outbreak of COVID-19 all across the country.
JEE Main Correction Window Now Open
The last date for fresh applications for JEE Main 2020 was 24th May 2020. This window was specially opened in order to allow certain students who had cancelled their plans to study abroad and were willing to study within the country. The applications were accepted for all candidates applying for JEE Main 2020.
Now, JEE Main Correction Facility has been re-opened for all the candidates who have filled the JEE Main Application Form previously during the first window and in the recently opened window from 19th to 24th May 2020. This is the 4th time JEE Main Correction Facility is available to candidates. This window shall remain open till 31st May 2020 and candidates are advised to make any corrections required.
Update: NTA re-opened the JEE Main Form Correction Facility for 4th time from 25th May to 31st May 2020 (closed). Candidates can make any corrections in application form only for errors in images now. Aspirants can also practice mocks using the NTA’s National Test Abhyas App.
Recently, NTA reopened the facility of making corrections in JEE Main 2020 Application Form till 31st May 2020 (closed). The JEE Main form correction window was available only in online mode at jeemain.nic.in. It was accessible to candidates who have registered for JEE Main 2020. NTA has also provided the option to update exam city preferences. Candidates can make corrections by logging in to the candidate’s portal with Application Number, Password and Security Pin.
NTA has also issued a notice for candidates belonging to Economically Weaker Section. It advises them to use the JEE Main Form Correction to avail the 10% EWS reservation.
Applicant making corrections might have to pay an extra fee for the same. (Check correction fee below)
JEE Main Form Correction: Key Points
It often happens that candidates make mistakes while filling the online application form. Either because of inexperience, or confusion. Thus, to rectify those mistakes, NTA offers JEE Main Form Correction facility. It helps to edit the details in the online form.
- It is a one-time facility for making corrections in some fields of JEE Main Application Form.
- The JEE Main form correction window was open from March 13 – 16, 2020. The Correction Window re-opened till 3rd May 2020 and was again re-opened till 31st May 2020.
- The organising body will not consider any request made for corrections after May 31.
- JEE Main form correction process is like registering for JEE Main 2020 one more time.
JEE Main Form Correction Dates
Here are all important JEE Main form Correction Dates 2020:
|Event||JEE Main April Session Dates|
|Availability of JEE Main Application Form 2020||February 7 – March 12, 2020|
|Commencement of correction in Uploaded images||Open till release of admit cards|
|Availability of JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction||25th May to 31st May 2020 (Closed)|
|Payment of extra application form (if applicable)||Till 31st May, 2020 (11:50 pm)|
How to correct JEE Main Application Form?
Candidates can correct JEE Main 2020 application form by using the steps given below:
- Go to the official site of JEE Main 2020 – www.jeemain.nic.in
- Click on “Corrections in JEE Main 2020 Application Form ”
- Log in with your application number and password and enter the security code.
- Click on “Manage Form Particulars Correction”
- Read the instructions and make the corrections as required.
- Submit the JEE Main Application Form and pay the requisite application fee (if required)
Details that can be edited
- Candidates’ Name (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Paper (change from Paper 1 to Paper 2 or vice versa)
- Aadhaar Number: Unlike last year, Aadhaar number can be updated.
- Date of Birth (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Communication Address
- Contact Number
- Photograph and Signature
JEE Main Center Change: Scope of Changing Exam City
With a large number of candidates stuck in a particular city or shifted to hometowns due to the recent country-wide lockdown amidst COVID-19 outbreak, NTA provided option to update the exam city preference before release of JEE Main Admit Cards. This option is generally not available to candidates as the allocation of exam city is completed soon after registration window closes.
- Candidates can update exam city preference for all 4 choices till 3rd May 2020 in JEE Main Correction Facility 2020.
- There is no extra fee required unless the candidate is opting for a foreign city.
JEE Main Form Correction Fee
There could be cases where a candidate is required to pay additional fee for correction in JEE Main Application Form. Such as candidates want to change their category in JEE Main or want to change city. Given below are some changes which will cost some fee.
- Additional fee is required in case candidate changes category from SC/ST/Girls/PwD to General/OBC-NCL
- Wants to opt for two or more papers, instead of single paper.
- Wants to change exam city preference to a foreign city.
Candidates must be aware of fake services which appear like JEE Main Form Correction Facility and fraudulently deduct large amount of money from bank accounts. Only use official website to access JEE Main Form Correction Facility.
JEE Main Photo Correction and Size Guidelines
Candidates will also be able to make correction in the photos uploaded in JEE Main 2020 Application Form. Window to make correction in images will be opened till the JEE Main Admit Card 2020 is released.
The last date to make photo correction in your JEE Main 2020 Application form is not specified. Applicants who may have uploaded wrong images can correct their images during this correction period.
Given below are the steps to make correction(s) in the uploaded images:
- First, go to the official site of JEE Main 2020.
- After than, log in using your credentials i.e. Application Number, Password and security code.
- Then, click on the link “Upload/Change Images” button.
- Further, select the images with correct specifications and upload.
- Finally, Click on “Submit”.
- After submission, take a print out of the Application form for future references.
How to check the size of the image?
You can follow the steps given below to make sure the images you are about to upload are as per the specifications.
- First, right-click on the image you want to upload.
- Then, click on ‘Properties’
- Now, a window will appear having properties of the image.
- So, click on ‘Details’ tab.
- And finally, view the dimensions, height and width of the image.
Can Correction Facility provide refund?
- In case a candidate wants to correct the selected category, to a category for which the application fee is less than the one previously selected, there shall be no refund of any application fee.
- There will be no refund if a candidate who opted more than one paper, opts for single paper using correction window.
JEE Main Form Status
After submitting the JEE Main application form, its status can be checked by clicking on “Status” tab. Anyone of the following messages will be displayed on the user’s window-
Received – If the application form is successfully submitted.
Unsuccessful – If the application form is Incomplete/Rejected/Not Submitted.
Ccandidates have to successfully remit the application fee before the registration window closed. Only these candidates shall be able to access the JEE Main Correction Facility.
JEE Main Helpline
Any doubt in correcting JEE Main application form can be asked by writing an email to [email protected] by mentioning the Name of the candidate, Registration ID and Mistakes.
JEE (Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida – 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
Helpline No.: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529
Computer-Based Exam Helpline No.: 18002669778
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: In this case, your center will be decided by the board.
Answer: The centers will be given after releasing admit card.
Answer: You don’t need to change the language as the paper will be in both languages Hindi/English. You can write your paper in English or Hindi.
Answer: You can apply with your enrollment ID given on your aadhar card.
Answer: The exam centre will be generated automatically.