Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main 2020 Exam Centres'
Tag Archives: JEE Main 2020 Exam Centres
Latest Update: HRD Minister Mr. Ramesh Pokhriyal has announced the examination dates for JEE Main 2020. NTA will conduct the exam from 18th to 23rd July, 2020. Read more
The authority has released a complete list of JEE Main 2020 Exam centres. Visit the official site. Then, enter the issued registration number, password and security pin to know the exam slot and venue.
Once the application form is submitted, the preferences cannot be changed. The allotted JEE Main exam centres will be mentioned in the JEE Main admit card. NTA will issue separate Admit Cards for Paper I and Paper II.
NTA has provided aspirants the facility to change their JEE Main exam centres preferences. This is due to the COVID-19 pandemic and consequential lockdown,
Candidates must prepare with the JEE Main Syllabus well in advance to score better in the exam. JEE Main January session paper analysis will also help to get an idea about the difficulty level and type of questions asked. Read on to know more about JEE Main Exam centre, Schedule and Instructions to be followed at the exam centre.
JEE Main Exam centres 2020 – Key Highlights
- NTA has released the list of JEE Main 2020 Exam Centres.
- The exam centres have been reduced to 233 cities in India and 9 cities abroad.
- Candidates can choose the exam centres now that the JEE Mains exam centres 2020 list has been released.
- Candidates are allotted any one of the four exam centres chosen by them at the time of registration.
- JEE Main Admit Card contains all the information related to the exam centres such as name, address, day and slot.
- NTA will allot JEE Main test centre randomly. There is no slot booking in JEE Main.
Schedule of JEE Main 2020
|JEE Main April 2020||First shift||Second shift|
|Date||July 18 to 23, 2020||July 18 to 23, 2020|
|Timing||9.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.||3.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.|
|Duration||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|Entry in the Examination centre*||7:00 a.m. – Upto 8.00 a.m.||1:00 p.m. – Upto 200 p.m.|
|Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8:15 a.m. to 8.30 a.m.||2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.|
|Checking of Admit Cards||8:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.||2:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.|
|Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall||8:45 a.m.||2:45 p.m.|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||8:45 a.m. to 8:55 a.m.||2:45 p.m. to 2:55 p.m.|
|Test Commences||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.|
|Test Concludes||12:00 p.m.||6:00 p.m.|
*No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall after the time of last entry (i.e. 8:30 AM for Paper-1, 1.00 PM for Paper-2 and 2.30 PM for second shift of Paper-1).
JEE Main Exam Centres 2020
Aspirants for JEE Main 2020 can choose upto 4 exam centres according to their proximity. After that, NTA allocates the exam centres to candidates randomly. Subsequently, students can check the allotted centres by entering their credentials at the official site of NTA.
How to choose JEE Main Exam centres?
- Applicants who are applying for JEE Main 2020 can choose the four exam centres as per the preference in JEE Main 2020 Application Form. The NTA exam center will be allocated by the exam authority on the basis of the candidate’s preference.
- If less than 30 students choose to take the test at the particular test centre then they will be allotted the last slot of the last exam date in the same city.
- At all the JEE Main exam centres, questions in CBT mode will be both English and Hindi medium. While the city for JEE Main Exam centres chosen as Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the medium of question paper will be Hindi, English and Gujarati.
How to change JEE Main Exam Centres?
You are advised to choose your exam centre with proper attention at the time of JEE Main application form. centres once chosen will not be changed under any situation. In some exceptional cases, the decision of the Executive Director will be final.
Note: NTA had expanded the scope of JEE Main Correction Facility for updating exam city preference. Correction Facility was opened till 3rd May 2020. Subsequently, candidates were allowed to update their exam city preferences in case required. This exception was made due to COVID-19 crisis and lockdown all over India.
JEE Main Centre Locator
State Wise List of JEE Main Exam centres
Candidates can check below complete state-wise list of JEE Main 2020 Exam centres for April 2020 session:
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||AN01|
|Daman & Diu (ut)||Daman & Diu||DD01|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Dadra Nagar Haveli||DN01|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur (hp)||HP01|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Baramulla||JK01|
JEE Main Exam Centres outside India
A total of 9 centres are situated outside the country. These centres have a higher application fee of Rs. 6000 for both Indian and Foreign Candidates.
JEE Main Exam Centre 2020 Changes
|Exam Centres||Newly Added Cities||Cities Removed|
|Daman and Diu (UT)||Diu||–|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Centres Statistics
|Paper||Number of Centres|
JEE Main Test Practice centres by NTA
Approximately, 4000 test centres have been established by NTA in schools and colleges across the country. This is to spread awareness of the CBT environment to candidates. Consequently, candidates can register for these centres on the official website of NTA completely free. “NTA Student” application can be used to locate the exam centres and the nearest test practice centre offered by NTA.
Test Practice centres also have staff who help motivate the students to clear doubts and solve problems and makes them aware about the computer-based test environment.
For a better understanding of JEE Main: Read JEE Main Preparation Tips
How to Register for Test Practice centres?
Follow the below mentioned steps to register for Test Practice centres.
- Visit the NTA official website and click on https://nta.ac.in/ and click on “Student Registration”.
- Then, enter your Username and password.
- After logging in, enter personal details, contact information and all the other necessary details.
- Further, select the preferred test centres from the list of choices available. Candidates need to select any 5 centres in any order of preference.
- Select any one session from the six sessions available.
- Lastly, after reviewing the data entered, click on “Confirm Appointment”.
- After that, your data will be admitted and you will be notified of your confirmed choices.
Documents Allowed at JEE Main 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the following documents.
- Printed copy of JEE Main Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
- Next, one passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) should be taken for pasting on the specific space in the attendance sheet at Centre during the examination.
- Anyone of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid and non-expired) – PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/E-Aadhaar with photograph/ Ration Card with photograph/ 12th Class Board Admit Card with photograph/ Bank Passbook with Photograph.
- PwD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category.
Prohibited Items at the exam centres
In the JEE Main Examinations, there are a few things that are absolutely prohibited from the examination centre. They are:
- Mobile Phones, Earphones, Microphones or Pager.
- Calculator, Docupen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera or Tape Recorder.
- Furthermore, to carry/wear any type of watch, including Electronic watches with facilities of a calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets, devices in the examination hall.
- Eatables and Water (Loose or Packed)
- Instrument/ Geometry Box/ Pencil Box, Handbag or Purse.
- Any kind of paper, stationary or text material.
- Lastly, blank sheet of paper is provided at the examination hall for rough work, hence, students are not required to carry it.
Note: NTA will not be responsible for any lost possession of the candidate. Furthermore, if any candidate is found with any of the above mentioned items, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair. As a result, he will not be allowed to sit for the current examination and will be disbarred from sitting in the future examinations. Above all, the found item will be seized.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
Keep the following things in mind on the day of JEE Main 2020 Examination. They are:
- Candidates must reach the JEE Main Exam centre two hours prior to the examination. As a result, they will finish the registration formalities, hassle free and well before time.
- Secondly, candidates must remember that registration desk will close 60 minutes prior to the examination.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after 8:30 A.M in the first shift and 1:30 P.M in the second shift.
- You should be at your allotted seat as soon as the examination hall opens.
- Read the instruction bulletin on the admit card and subsequently follow them throughout the examination.
- Students who will not be reaching on time will miss the general instructions announced in the examination hall. NTA will not be responsible for the delay.
NTA does not provide any transport for the JEE Main Exam centre. Hence, it is advised that the students visit the allotted exam centre a day before the exam to avoid any confusion. Furthermore, candidates are also advised to inform for errors in JEE Main Admit Card to ensure that they are allowed to enter the JEE Main Exam centre by the centre superintendent.
JEE Main Exam Centres – FAQs
Ans. No, you are not allowed to carry mobile phones or any such electronic devices at the JEE Main Exam centres.
Ans. Yes, NTA has extended the form correction facility and you can make changes in your exam centre preference.
Ans. 264 cities have JEE Main 2020 Exam centres.
Ans. Test practice centres are set up by NTA for candidates especially in rural areas, to make them aware about the computer-based test so that they become comfortable giving the exam in that mode.