Home » Posts tagged 'JEE Main 2020 Counselling Procedure'
Tag Archives: JEE Main 2020 Counselling Procedure
Last updated on September 17th, 2020 at 12:43 pm
JEE Main Counselling 2020 will commence after the declaration JEE Advanced Result. Note that, NTA will use the normalization process and percentile score to rank the candidates for the first time. Only candidates securing qualifying marks will be eligible to participate in the JEE Main Counselling 2020.
Latest Updates on JEE Main Counselling-
- JoSAA has released the counselling schedule for 2020 admissions. Check Here
- NTA has released the JEE Main 2020 Answer Key and JEE Main Results for April/September 2020 Session. Check Results Here
There are 3 authorities for JEE Main Counselling 2020 – JoSAA, CSAB SFTI and CSAB NEUT. Around 100 institutes participate in JEE Main counselling and admission process.
- JoSAA Counselling is held for JEE Main and JEE Advanced qualified candidates.
- Secondly, CSAB SFTI is a separate counselling procedure. Central Seat Allocation Board holds it for 17 Self-Financed Technical Institutions.
- CSAB NEUT is conducted for supernumerary seats in the North East and Union Territories.
- Also, CSAB Counselling will take place after the JoSAA Counselling.
- JoSAA releases JEE Main Cut Off (Admission) after each round of allotment.
- Top NITs Cut Off, Ranking and Fees
- JoSAA Participating Institutes – IITs, NITs, IITs
- Top IITs in India – Cut Off, Rankings, Fees
JEE Main Counselling Dates 2020 (Updated)
Let us check the important JEE Main Dates in reference with JoSAA Counselling 2020
|Declaration of JEE Main 2020 AIRs by Joint Apex Board||11th Sept 2020 (Released)|
|Declaration of JEE Advanced 2020 AIR by Joint Admission Board||5th Oct 2020|
|Candidate Registration / Filling of Choices of academic programs in JoSAA participating institutes||6th Oct 2020|
|AAT Results Declared||11th Oct 2020|
|Choice Filling by AAT Qualified candidates||11th Oct 2020 (After results)|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation – 1 (Based on choices filled on or before 11th Oct 2020)||12th Oct 2020|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation – 2 (Based on choices filled on or before 13th Oct 2020)||14th Oct 2020|
|Registration and Choice Filling for JoSAA Ends||15th Oct 2020|
|Seat Allocation – Round 1||17th Oct 2020|
|Online reporting: Fee Payment / Document Upload / Response by candidate to query (if required) – Round 1||17th to 19th Oct 2020|
|Last day to respond to query – Round 1||20th Oct 2020|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||21st Oct 2020 (10:00 AM)|
|Seat allocation – Round 2||21st Oct 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Online reporting: Fee Payment / Document Upload / Response by candidate to query (if required) – Round 2||22nd to 23rd Oct 2020|
|Last day to respond to query – Round 2||24th Oct 2020|
|Acceptance / Withdrawal of seat – Round 2||22nd to 24th Oct 2020|
|Display of seat status of filled / available seats||26th Oct 2020 (10:00 AM)|
|Seat allocation – Round 3||26th Oct 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Online reporting: Fee Payment / Document Upload / Response by candidate to query (if required) – Round 3||27th to 28th Oct 2020|
|Last day to respond to query – Round 3||29th Oct 2020|
|Acceptance / Withdrawal of seat – Round 3||27th to 29th Oct 2020|
|Display of seat status of filled / available seats||30th Oct 2020 (10 AM)|
|Seat allocation – Round 4||30th Oct 2020 (5 PM)|
|Online reporting: Fee Payment / Document Upload / Response by candidate to query (if required) – Round 4||31st Oct to 1st Nov 2020|
|Last day to respond to query – Round 4||2nd Nov 2020|
|Acceptance / Withdrawal of seat – Round 4||31st Oct to 2nd Nov 2020|
|Display of seat status of filled / available seats||3rd Nov 2020 (10 AM)|
|Seat allocation – Round 5||3rd Nov 2020 (5 PM)|
|Online reporting: Fee Payment / Document Upload / Response by candidate to query (if required) – Round 5||4th to 5th Nov 2020|
|Last day to respond to query – Round 5||6th Nov 2020|
|Notification of decision on seat confirmation – Round 5||6th Nov 2020 (8 PM)|
|Acceptance / Withdrawal of seat – Round 5 (Last round for seat withdrawal or exit from process)||4th to 6th Nov 2020|
|Display of seat status of filled / available seats||7th Nov 2020 (10 AM)|
|Seat allocation – Round 6 (Final Round for IITs)||7th Nov (5 PM)|
|Online reporting: Fee Payment / Document Upload / Response by candidate to query (if required) – Round 6 (FINAL ROUND FOR IITs)||8th Nov 2020|
|Last day to respond to query – Round 6||9th Nov 2020|
|Admission Process: Acceptance or Withdrawal of seat by document verification in physical mode at allocated institute (for NIT+ system)||9th to 13th Nov 2020|
Candidates Eligible for Joint Seat Allocation
There are several criteria introduced by the authorities and the candidates who satisfy one or more criteria become eligible for participation in Joint Seat Allocation.
Qualified in JEE Advanced 2020 for academic programs [excluding the preparatory courses] at Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Qualified in JEE Advanced 2020 for preparatory courses at IITs Performance in Class XII Examinations or any equivalent.
- Secured a valid rank in JEE (Main) 2020 Paper-1 for B.E./B.Tech. programs at NITs, IIEST, IIITs and Other-GFTIs.
- Must have passed Class XII (or equivalent) examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Along with these subjects, an additional subject from one of the following – a. Chemistry b. Biotechnology c. Biology d. Technical Vocational subjects.
- Further, the candidates should have passed each subject individually as well as overall performance in Class XII Examinations or any equivalent is also considered.
- Secured a rank in JEE Main 2020 Paper-2 and Paper-3 for B.Arch./ B. Planning programs at NITs, IIEST, IIITs and Other-GFTIs. Check Paper 2 Result
- Must have passed Class XII (or equivalent) examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Further, the candidate should have passed each subject individually as well as overall performance in Class XII Examinations or any equivalent will also be considered.
Class 12 and Equivalent Examinations
Exams that will be accepted for JEE Main counselling 2020 are as follows.
- They must have given the final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by The Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) should organize the exam.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University which has received recognition by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Senior Secondary School Exam conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the National Defence Academy’s Joint Services Wing.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country which has received recognition as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU.
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration can be taken into consideration.
- Any General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) of Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva will be considered.
Performance in Class 12 Examinations
- For getting an admission in any of the IIITs, GFTIs and NITs, students will have to fulfil the following criteria:
- The candidates have to make a place within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) examination of the respective stream and Board.
- The candidates have to secure a minimum 75% (for GEN or OBC-NCL) or minimum 65 % (for SC, ST or PwD) of aggregate marks in Class XII (or equivalent) examination of the respective stream and Board.
- The marks scored in the following subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks and the cut-off marks for fulfilling the top 20 percentile criterion.
- For B.E./B.Tech. programmes, the marks in the following subjects: i. Physics ii. Mathematics iii. Anyone of Chemistry, biology, biotechnology, technical vocational subjects. iv. A language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered) v. Any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered).
- For B.Planning, the marks in the following subjects will be considered: (i) Mathematics (ii) Other four subjects
- For B.Arch., the marks in the following subjects will be considered: (i) Passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of 10+2 level examination or passed 10+3 Diploma examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
JoSAA Reporting Centers for IIT
JoSAA is the authority that is set up to conduct the counselling for the admission in 87 engineering colleges. These include JoSAA colleges such as NITs, IITs, IIITs, GFTIs, state colleges and other colleges. Some private colleges conduct their individual counselling for the admission to the engineering courses.
There are two types of reporting centres for JoSAA Counselling. One leads admission to IIT and the other for NITs and IIITs. This section caters to the IIT reporting centres.
Following table represents all IITs along with their address.
|Institute Code||Institute Name||Address|
|101||Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneshwar||IIT Bhubaneswar, Argul, Jatni, Khurda, PIN: 752050|
|102||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay||IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400076, India|
|103||Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi||IIT Mandi, Parashar Road, Tehsil Sadar, Near Kataula, Kamand, Himachal Pradesh – 175005, India|
|104||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 110016, India|
|105||Indian Institute of Technology, Indore||Khandwa Road, Simrol, Indore, Madhya Pradesh – 453552, India|
|106||Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur||IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, West Bengal – 721302, India|
|107||Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad||Kandi, Sangareddy, Telangana – 502285, India|
|108||Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur||IIT Jodhpur, NH 65 Nagaur Road, Karwar 342037, Jodhpur District, Rajasthan|
|109||Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur||IIT Kanpur, Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh – 208016, India|
|110||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||IIT Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600036, India|
|111||Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar||IIT Gandhinagar, Palaj, Gujarat – 382355, India|
|112||Indian Institute of Technology, Patna||Bihta, Patna, Bihar – 801103, India|
|113||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand – 247667, India|
|114||Indian Institute of Technology, (ISM) Dhanbad||Mai Campus, IIT (ISM), Dhanbad, Jharkhand – 826004, India|
|115||Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar||Nangal Road, Rupnagar, Punjab – 140001, India|
|116||Indian Institute of Technology, (BHU) Varanasi||BHU, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh – 221005, India|
|117||Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati||IIT Guwahati, Guwahati, Assam – 781039, India|
|118||Indian Institute of Technology, Bhilai||IIT Bhilai, GEC Campus, Sejbahar, Raipur – 492015, Chhattisgarh, India|
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
JoSAA Reporting-cum-helping Centers for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs
|Institute Code||Institute Name||Address||Other Details|
|201||Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar||N.I.T. Post Office, Jalandhar – 144 011, India||Phone: +91-181-2690301,3082000 Fax: +91-181-2690320 Website: www.nitj.ac.in|
|202||Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur||Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan – 302 017, India||Phone: +91-141-2529087,2715031 Fax: +91-141-2529029 Website: www.mnit.ac.in|
|203||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal||Near Mata Mandir, Bhopal, Madya Pradesh – 462 003 India||Phone: 0755-4051255 Fax: 91-755 2670562 Website: www.manit.ac.in|
|204||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad||Allahabad – 211 004, India||Phone: +91-532-2271046,2271044 Fax: +91-532-2545341 Website: www.mnnit.ac.in|
|205||National Institute of Technology Agartala||P.O.: National Institute of Technology, Agartala Barjala, Jirania, Tripura (W) – 799 046, India||Phone: +91-381-2546630, 2548537, 2548510 Fax: +91-381-2346360 Website: www.nita.ac.in|
|206||National Institute of Technology Calicut||NITC Campus P.O., Calicut, Kerala – 673 601, India||Phone: +91-495-2286110, 2286118 Fax: +91-495-2287250 Website: www.nitc.ac.in|
|207||National Institute of Technology Delhi||A-7, Institutional Area, Near Satyawadi Raja Harish Chandra Hospital, Narela, New Delhi, – 110 040, India||Phone: +91-11-33861186 Fax: +91-11-27787503 Website: www.nitdelhi.ac.in|
|208||National Institute of Technology Durgapur||Mahatma Gandhi Avenue, Durgapur, West Bengal – 713 209, India||Phone: +91-343-2754680 Fax: +91-343-2547375 Website: www.nitdgp.ac.in|
|209||National Institute of Technology Goa||Farmagudi, Ponda, Goa – 403 401, India||Phone: +91-832-2404205 Fax: +91-832-2404202 Website: www.nitgoa.ac.in|
|210||National Institute of Technology Hamirpur||Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh – 177005, India||Phone: +91-1972-254540 Fax: +91-1972-223834 Website: www.nith.ac.in|
|211||National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal||P.O: Srinivasnagar, Mangalore – 575 025, Karnataka, India||Phone: +91-824-2473003, 2474040 Fax: +91-824-2473033 Website: www.nitk.ac.in|
|212||National Institute of Technology Meghalaya||Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah, Shillong- 793003, Meghalaya, India||Phone: +91-364-2501294 Fax: +91-364-2501113 Website: www.nitmeghalaya.in|
|213||National Institute of Technology Nagaland||Chumukedima, Dimapur, Nagaland – 797 103, India||Phone: +91-3862-241806 Fax: +91-3862-240343 Website: www.nitnagaland.ac.in|
|214||National Institute of Technology Patna||Ashok Rajpath, Patna – 800 005, India||Phone: +91-612-2370419 Fax: +91-612-2670631 Website: www.nitp.ac.in|
|215||National Institute of Technology Puducherry||Thiruvettakudy, Karaikal, Puducherry-609 609, India||Phone No.: +91-4368-265235, 265229 Tele-Fax No.: +91-4368-265230 Website: www.nitpy.ac.in|
|216||National Institute of Technology Raipur||G.E. Road, Raipur, Chhattisgarh – 492010, India||Phone: +91-771-2253155 Fax: +91-771-2253155 Website: www.nitrr.ac.in|
|217||National Institute of Technology Sikkim||NIT Sikkim, Barfung Block, Ravangla Sub-Division South, Sikkim – 737 139, India Additional Reporting Center of NIT Sikkim. Hotel Swastik residency, Near Tenzing Norgay Central bus terminus, Pradhan Nagar, Siliguri – 734003.||Phone: +91-3595-260042 Fax: +91-3595-260018 Website: www.nitsikkim.ac.in|
|218||National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh||Yupia, District: Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh – 791 112, India||Dr Ranjan Basak, Dean, Academic Affairs You may choose to report either at NIT Sikkim or Hotel Swastik Residency. +91 9166467836 Email: [email protected]|
|219||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur||NIT Campus, P.O. RIT Jamshedpur – 831 014, Jharkhand, India||Phone: +91-360-2001582 Fax: +91-360- 2284972 Website: www.nitap.in|
|220||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra – 136 119, Haryana, India||Phone: +91-657-237407,2374248 Fax: +91-657-2373246 Website: www.nitjsr.ac.in|
|221||National Institute of Technology, Manipur||Langol, Imphal-795 004, Manipur, India||Phone: +91-1744-233223 Fax: +91-1744-238350 Website: www.nitkkr.ac.in|
|222||National Institute of Technology, Mizoram||Chaltlang, Aizawl-796 012, Mizoram, India||Phone: +91-385-2058566 Fax: +91-385-2413031 Website: www.nitmanipur.ac.in|
|223||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela||Rourkela, Odisha – 769 008, India||Phone: +91-389-2391699 Fax: +91-389-2391699 Website: www.nitmz.ac.in|
|224||National Institute of Technology, Silchar||REC Sub Post Office NIT, Silchar-788 010, Assam, India||Phone: +91-661-2462502,2462606 Fax: +91-661-2472926, Website: www.nitrkl.ac.in|
|225||National Institute of Technology, Srinagar||Hazratbal Rd, Hazratbal, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir – 190 006, India||Phone: +91-3842-242025 Fax: +91-3842- 224797 Website: www.nits.ac.in|
|226||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||Tanjore Main Road, National Highway 67, Tiruchirappalli – 620 015, Tamil Nadu, India.||Phone: +91-194-2422032 Fax: +91-194-2420475 Website: www.nitsri.ac.in|
|227||National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand||Temporary Campus, Govt. ITI, Srinagar (Garwhal) – 246 174||Phone: +91-431-2503931 Fax: +91-431-2500133 Website: www.nitt.edu|
|228||National Institute of Technology, Warangal||National Institute of Technology Warangal Telangana – 506 004||Phone: +91-1346-257422 Fax: +91-1346- 251095 Website: www.nituk.ac.in|
|229||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat||Gaurav Path, Ichchhanath, Surat, Gujarat – 395 007||Phone: +91-261-2201845, Fax: +91-261-2227334, 2228394 Website: www.svnit.ac.in|
|230||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur||South Ambazari Road, Nagpur, Maharashtra – 440 010, India||Phone: +91-712-2801770 Fax: +91-712-2801741. Website: www.vnit.ac.in|
|301||Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management Gwalior||Morena Link Road, 474015, Gwalior – 474 015, Madhya Pradesh, India||Phone: +91-751-2449829, 2449720, Fax: +91- 2449813 Website: www.iiitm.ac.in|
|310||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram||Vandalur-Kelambakkam Road, Chennai – 600 127, Tamil Nadu, India||Phone: +91-44-27476341 Fax: +91-44-27476301 Website: www.iiitdm.ac.in|
|901||College of Engineering Pune||College of Engineering Pune, Wellesley Road, Shivajinagar, Pune – 411 005, India||Phone: +91-20-25507000 Fax: 020-25507299 Website: www.iiitp.ac.in|
|402||Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi||Birla Institute of Technology Mesra, Ranchi – 835 215 Jharkhand, India||Phone: 91-651-2275868 Fax: 91-651-2275401 Website: www.bitmesra.ac.in|
|403||Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar||Registrar, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, P.O Gurukula Kangri, Haridwar-249 404, India||Phone: 07455025008 Fax: 01334-245265 Website: www.gkv.ac.in|
|410||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology||Longowal – 148106, Distt. Sangrur (Pb.), India||Phone: 91-1672-280072 Fax: 91-1672-280072 Website: www.sliet.ac.in www.sliet.net.in|
|412||School of Engineering, Tezpur University, Napaam, Tezpur||School of Engineering Tezpur University Napaam, Tezpur – 784 028, Assam, India||Phone: 91- 3712-273501, Fax: 91- 3712-267005 Website: www.tezu.ernet.in|
|415||School of Planning & Architecture: Vijayawada||School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada. Survey No.4/4, ITI Road, Vijayawada-520 008, Andhra Pradesh, India.||Phone: 91-866-2469451 Fax: 91-866-2469451 Website: www.spav.ac.in|
|416||Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir||Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Kakryal, Katra 182 320 (J&K), India||Phone: 01991-285524, 2852300 Fax: 0199-285694. Website: www.smvdu.ac.in|
|417||Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur||Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur P.O. Botanic Garden, Howrah 711 103, India||Phone: 03326684561, 26684562, 26684563 Fax: 03326682916 Website: www.iiests.ac.in|
|421||University of Hyderabad||Prof C. R. Rao Road, CUC, Gachibowli, P O Central University, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500 046, India||Phone: 040 2313 2101 Fax: 040-23010292. Website: www.uohyd.ac.in|
|422||Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh||Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University) Sector 12, Chandigarh – 160 012, India||Phone: +91 172-2753813, +91 271- 2753814 Fax: +91 172 2745175 website: https://www.pec.ac.in|
|423||Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi||Jawaharlal Nehru University New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi, Delhi – 110067, India||Phone.:011 26741600, Fax: 011-26742898. Website: www.jnu.ac.in|
|902||Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow||Sitapur Road, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh – 226 021, India||Phone: +91-522-2361692 Fax: +91-522-2361631 Website: www.ietlucknow.ac.in|
|903||MBM Engineering College, JNV University, Jodhpur||M. B. M. Engineering College J N Vyas University Air Force Area, Jodhpur Rajasthan – 342011, India||Ph.: 0291-2515023 Website: www.mbm.ac.in|
List of IIITs in India
In the NIRF 2020 ranking of top IIITs in India list, IIIT Hyderabad has debuted and also positioned first among the IIITs. Further IIITDM Jabalpur jumped to rank 81, the institute ranked at 75 in 2019, while IIIT Allahabad shifted to 103 ranks; however, it was ranked at 82 in 2019.
Below-mentioned is the list of IIITs in India, their rankings, and the number of courses and seat intake.
|Name of IIITs||NIRF Ranking 2020||B.Tech Seats available||Total B.Tech Programs|
|PDPM IIITDM, Jabalpur||81||300||3|
|ABV IIITM Gwalior||100||248||3|
|IIIT Pune||Not ranked||120||2|
|IIIT Kota||Not ranked||180||2|
|IIIT Sri City||Not ranked||270||2|
|IIIT Vadodara||Not ranked||200||2|
|IIIT Nagpur||Not ranked||110||2|
|IIIT Kalyani||Not ranked||130||1|
|IIIT Lucknow||Not ranked||75||1|
|IIIT Dharwad||Not ranked||180||2|
|IIIT Bhagalpur||Not ranked||150||3|
|IIIT Bhopal||Not ranked||180||3|
|IIIT Kottayam||Not ranked||90||1|
|IIIT Ranchi||Not ranked||120||2|
|IIIT Una||Not ranked||160||3|
|IIIT Surat||Not ranked||120||2|
|IIIT Manipur||Not ranked||100||2|
|IIITDM Kurnool||Not ranked||120||3|
|IIIT Tiruchirapalli||Not ranked||60||2|
|IIIT Sonepat||Not ranked||90||2|
Other JEE Main Participating Colleges
There are many private JEE Main Participating Colleges. This is to offer admission in the B.Tech/ B.E. Courses to the engineering aspirants. The list of some of the famous private engineering colleges is given below:
- Birla Institute of Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- IISC Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Punjab
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- PEC Punjab University of Technology, Chandigarh
- Jaypee Institute of Technology, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Amity Institute of Technology, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- AISECT University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Techno India University, Kolkata, West Bengal
- ITM University, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
- Dr KN Modi University, Tonk, Rajasthan
- Bhagwant University, Amer, Rajasthan
- Amity School of Engineering, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Amity University, Gurgaon, Haryana
JEE Main Counselling 2020 Procedure
JEE Main counselling 2020 involves the following steps:
Step 1 – Online Registration
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the link of JoSAA.
- Login using JEE Main 2020 Application Number, Password and Security Pin.
- Next, go through the instructions and click on “I agree”.
- Then, fill in the necessary details on the JoSAA Counselling form.
- Select the declaration and submit.
- Lastly, verify the details mentioned and click on the “Confirm Registration” button.
Step 2 – Online Choice Filling and Locking
- Select the choice of JoSAA colleges and courses.
- Candidates can choose one of the following options from change/ edit/ delete their filled choices.
- Lock the choices before the last date.
- Choice locking can be done after each round of JEE Main Counselling 2020.
Step 3 – Seat Allotment
There are many factors on the basis of which JoSAA will allocate the highest possible seat to the candidates according to their choices. The factors on the basis they do this are:
- Candidate’s category (General, OBC-NCL, ST, etc.).
- All India Rank (AIR) in JEE Main 2020 Rank Lists.
- Also, seats available under different seat categories/ seat quotas for which candidates are eligible.
- Lastly, as per the order of choices by the candidates for different courses and institutes.
Step 4 – Payment of Fees and Seat Acceptance
Post the seat allotment, candidates will have to choose any one of the following options:
- Freeze: Candidates who are satisfied with the allotted seat and do not wish to participate in the seat allotment process, may choose this option.
- Float: Those who want to keep the allotted seat but wish to upgrade their seat, may choose this option.
- Slide: Those who want to keep the allotted seat in the same institute but wish to upgrade the course.
- Withdraw: Candidates who have allocated the seat but wish to withdraw the admission can withdraw the seat by reporting to the institute before the last date of seat allotment.
The fees can be paid through SBI Net Banking/ e-Challan. The seat acceptance fee is INR 35,000 for all the candidates. On the contrary, candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PwD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD category will have to pay INR 15,000 as seat acceptance fee.
Step 5 – Document Verification
The documents of the candidates have to be verified at the help centres. The following list of documents have to be carried for the purpose of verification:
|Sl. No.||NITs, IIITs and GFTIs||IITs|
|1.||3 passport-sized photographs, identical to the ones uploaded during JEE Main.||2 passport-sized photographs, identical to the ones uploaded during JEE Main/ Advanced|
|2.||Class XII performance check||Class XII performance check|
|3.||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter|
|4.||Undertaking by the Candidate||Undertaking by the Candidate|
|5.||Proof of seat acceptance fee payment||Proof of seat acceptance fee payment|
|6.||Photo Identification Card (issued by Govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class 12 Admit Card)||Photo Identification Card (issued by Govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class 12 Admit Card)|
|7.||JEE Main 2020 Admit Card||JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card|
|8.||JEE Main 2020 Scorecard||Proof of Date of Birth (Class X Marksheet)|
|9.||Proof of Date of Birth (Class X Marksheet)||Class XII or any equivalent marksheet|
|10.||Class XII or any equivalent marksheet||Medical Certificate|
|11.||Medical Certificate||Category Certificate|
|12.||Category Certificate||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (Pwd), if applicable.|
|13.||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (Pwd), if applicable.||Passport for foreign nationals, OCI Certificate or PIO Card|
|14.||OCI Certificate or PIO Card||DS Certificate, if applicable|
|15.||Registration-cum-locked Choices for seat allotment.||Registration-cum-locked Choices for seat allotment.|
Step 6 – Final Reporting
After the verification of documents, candidates will have to report to the institute and there they have to pay the balance fee.
JEE Main Seat Allocation Process
- The Seat Allotment Process is purely based on merit. It is based on the choices made by candidates in JoSAA and CSAB too.
- Once the allotted seat is rejected, candidates will not be allowed to participate in the further rounds of the counselling.
- After the JoSAA seat allotment, CSAB counselling will take place.
JEE Main 2020 Seat Matrix
|OBC – PWD||566||59||66||272||169|
JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment in IIT
The rules for the seat allocation of different category students to specific courses are different. The details of those courses and student category are mentioned below:
DS (Defence Service) students
De-reservation of Unfilled category seats under JoSAA Counselling 2020
- In IITs, two seats will be allocated to DS category students.
- He/she must be in the Common Rank List (CRL).
- Such students will be included under their birth category along with the DS category.
- Foreign Candidates will be considered under the GEN category.
- Also, they must be in the CRL. They are obligated to fulfil all the requirements of eligibility for the GEN category.
- Seats allocated to them will have the provision of being supernumerary. This will be 10% of the total number of seats.
- The foreign candidates will not be considered under JoSAA counselling.
- In case no more applicants in the CRL-PwD rank list have opted for it, unfilled OPEN-PwD seats will be allocated to applicants in the CRL-PwD preparatory rank list.
- OBC-NCL-PwD seats that remain unfilled will be allocated to applicants in OBC-NCL-PwD preparatory rank list. This will happen if no more applicants in the OBC-NCL-PwD rank list have opted for it.
- The SC-PwD seats that remain unfilled will be allocated to applicants in the SC-PwD preparatory rank list. This will happen in case no more applicants in the SC-PwD rank list have opted for it.
- Unfilled ST-PwD seats will be allocated in the ST-PwD preparatory rank list.
- SC seats remaining vacant will be allocated to applicants in the SC preparatory rank list.
- The remaining unfilled ST seats will be allocated to applicants in the ST preparatory rank list. This will happen in case no more applicants in the ST rank list have opted for it.
- Remaining OBC category seats will be de-reserved. Also, will be considered as OPEN category seats in every round of seat allocation.
- Therefore, there will be no de-reservation for SC/ST category seats.
Check JEE Main Result
Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
The provision for EWS was incorporated in JoSAA by the participating institutes. It was incorporated after the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Every educational Institution is obligated to increase the number of seats. It should be above the annual permitted strength in each branch of study or faculty.
- With this, the number of seats available, excluding those reserved for the persons belonging to the EWS, is not less than the total seats available in the academic session immediately preceding the date of the coming into force of the O.M. from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Also, instructions regarding reservations in admission to educational institutions will be issued by the Ministry of HRD.
Check JEE Main Reservation
JEE Main 2020 Spot Counselling
- There are vacant seats left even after the usual rounds of JEE Main counselling. Therefore, JoSAA conducts Spot Counselling for the allocation of such seats.
- You do not have to register separately for the spot counselling round in JEE Main.
- Any applicant appears for the spot counselling process if he/she were not allotted a seat.
- Also, candidates who did not apply earlier for the usual rounds of allotment can appear for Spot Counselling.
- But, candidates who have missed the registration for JEE Main Counselling earlier have to register for Spot Counselling.
- Candidates applying fresh for the JEE Main Spot Counselling will have to lock the choices.
- Additionally, they will have to make the payment of the fee before the last date.
JEE Main Counselling 2020 – CSAB NEUT
CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling is for admission of JEE Main 2020 qualified candidates in the participating institutes falling under the North Eastern States and Union Territories (NEUT).
The dates mentioned below are tentative and are subject to change.
|Release of matrix||September 2020|
|Registration and choice filling begins||September 2020|
|Registration and choice filling ends||September 2020|
|Announcement of Seat Allotment||September 2020|
|Reporting of Allotted Institute||October 2020|
Qualification Recognised by CSAB
There are two rounds of spot counselling round to complete the entire process. The aspirants should know the details about the allotment process:
- Visit the official website of CSAB and register.
- Click the link on CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling.
- Submit the details like the state of domicile category, gender, PwD status, a special benefitted claim for Nagaland and the aggregate percentage in class 12 or equivalent marks.
- After that, you get to arrange the order and preferences of choices for coursework and the preferable institutes.
- If any guilty of misconduct is found, then the registration of the applicants can be rejected by CSAB NEUT 2020 counselling.
CSAB NEUT Selection Procedure
Candidates must follow the steps below to complete the CSAB NEUT 2020 Selection procedure:
- Register online.
- After that verify the Domicile and category certificate by state certificates by state centres, finalizing the registration.
- Next is online choice filling, locking and saving.
- Allotment of Seats.
- Reporting to the designated centre along with all the documents.
- Lastly, report at the college for the final admission.
Payment and Refund of Fees
Candidates have to submit a security deposit of INR 2000. It should be in the form of demand draft, issued in favour of CSAB NEUT. This amount is refundable only if they do not get admission to the allotted colleges/institutes.
States Under CSAB NEUT 2020 Reservation
|States under CSAB NEUT 2020|
|Dadra and Nagar haveli||Daman and Diu|
|Andaman And Nicobar Islands||Manipur|
CSAB SFTI Counselling 2020
CSAB SFTI 2020 conducts the admission process of Self Financing Technical Institutes. However, the process depends upon the JEE Main All India Rank (AIR) in Paper 1, 2, 3. There are 34 institutes, which participate in the CSAB SFTI Counselling process.
CSAB SFTI 2020 – Key Points
- Aspirants have to pay a fee that is INR 21000. The payment can be done through e-challan for the registration purpose.
- Also, seat allocation relies upon the JEE Main cut off apart from the candidate’s choice of preferences.
- In addition, the aspirants are required to download the ‘Provisional Seat Allotment Letter’ from the official website of CSAB SFTI.
- Failure to attend the CSAB SFTI counselling will lead to cancellation of the allotted seat.
Dates of CSAB SFTI 2020
|Online Registration, Choice Filling by candidates, Payment of an initial fee of Rs 21,000 (Twenty One thousand rupees only)||3rd week of September 2020|
|Result Declaration and Seat Allotment||4th week of September 2020|
|Physical Reporting and verification of original documents of the candidate Payment of balance fees at the Allotted Institute||1st week of October 2020|
Pre-Allotment Steps of CSAB SFTI 2020
The pre-allotment steps for CSAB SFTI are as follows:
- Register your names with JEE Main Roll Number after visiting the official website.
- Pay a sum of INR 21000 by e-challan at State Bank of India for the purpose of registration.
- After that, take a print out of the e-challan receipt and retain it.
- Verify your personal information while registering your names online.
- If you want, you can modify other details. They can be eligibility state, gender, category during the time of registration.
|Mentioned Category in Application Form||Modification Permitted|
Steps of CSAB SFTI Allotment Procedure
CSAB SFTI 2020 Allotment procedure is conducted by following the steps given below.
- Pay the initial fee
- Move to choice making and locking
- Seat Allocation and Document Verification
- And finally, allotment of Seats and Report to the Allotted Colleges
Documents Verification Process for CSAB SFTI 2020
For CSAB SFTI, the candidates should carry some self-attested copies of the original documents
- Provisional Letter of seat allotment and,
- E-Challan receipt from SBI and,
- Admit card of JEE Main 2020
- Next, one passport size photograph of the candidates and,
- Photo ID Proof
- Also the mark sheet of class X as proof of date of aspirant’s name and date of birth
- Marks sheet of class XII
- A category certificate (SC/ST/OBC-NCL)
- PWD certificates by the disable candidates.
- A self-attested print out of locked choices and other terms, rules and regulations from the CSAB website.
FAQs on JEE Main Counselling
Last updated on September 15th, 2020 at 04:03 pmA.No, there is no registration fee required for taking part in JoSAA counselling but after the acceptance of the seat, candidates have to pay fees for locking the seat.