Home » Posts tagged 'Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research'
Tag Archives: Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research
Last updated on April 17th, 2021 at 12:17 pm
JIPMER is situated in Puducherry and is one among very few institutions in the country that is providing schooling from undergraduate to super-speciality and sub-specialties in the medical field. JIPMER is now an autonomous college, established in its current campus in 1964 and is spread over 192.2 acres.
The college offers a range of courses in the medical field like MBBS, postgraduate programs (MD/ MS), Super Specialty programmes (DM/ MCh), PhD programs and Fellowship courses. The admissions in this college are done on the basis of NEET or other national entrance exams. JIPMER continues to rank among the top best five medical schools in the country. The college provides the students with facilities of hostels, library, auditorium, etc.
|Established in| Type||1964 | Autonomous (Public)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD, MS, PhD, DM, MCh and Fellowship programmes|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Campus Area||192.2 acres|
|Facilities||Library, Hostels, Auditorium, etc.|
The table below gives detail of the courses offered at JIPMER.
|Undergraduate||MBBS, B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc. Allied Medical Science||10+2 or equivalent in science stream and a valid score in the entrance test|
|Postgraduate||MD, MS, MSc Allied Medical Science, MSc Nursing, Master in Public Health||MBBS and a valid score in entrance test|
|Super – speciality||Doctor of Medicine (DM), Master of Chirurgie (MCh)||MBBS and a valid score in entrance test|
|Fellowship||Post-Doctoral Fellowship Courses||Masters in the relevant stream and valid score in entrance test|
|PhD||Doctor of Philosophy||Masters in the relevant stream and valid score in entrance test|
|Diploma||Post Basic Diploma in Nursing||Graduation in science stream and valid score in the entrance test|
|Certificate course||Emergency Medical Technician Certificate Course (EMTC)||Merit list is drawn based on the average marks obtained in 12th Standard in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology or Biology|
JIPMER is a multi-speciality college with top – notch services. This college is one among the very few institutions in the country which is provides education from undergraduate courses to super-specialties and subspecialties. The college is also renowned for conducting path breaking research and providing specialty care of high order. To secure a seat in this college the candidates need to appear for the entrance exam NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) and based on the marks secured the candidate can go for the counselling.
How to apply?
- Most courses at this college have a pre-requisite of an entrance test.
- Check the websites to know when the registration forms are out.
- Eligible candidates can fill up the form with the essential information and upload the documents as per the regulations.
- Make the payment for the registration fee of the course.
- Candidates need to wait for the merit list of the respective courses to be announced.
- Once selected in the merit list, report and pay the tuition fees.
JIPMER is a government funded college and they try to provide their students with the best facilities possibilities. Some of the facilities offered at this college are as follows:
- Library: The College offers a range of books, e-journals, etc. in a huge library on campus. They also provide an online portal of thousands of e-books, hundreds of e-journals and papers for the reference of the students.
- Hostels: Accommodation is provided by the college for the students of the college. The hostels usually charge an annual fee for the hostels and the food provided in them.
- Auditorium: Cultural development of students is also taken care of at JIPMER. The auditorium here can hold over 500 students and they are encouraged to participate in various events like the annual day.
- Sports: JIPMER is located on a campus of 192.2 acres. There is a lot of space for the students to indulge in various physical activities and outdoor games. An annual sports day is also arranged by the college to encourage more participation.
JIPMER is a huge institution in Puducherry that is known for its best faculty in the UT. They provide world class education to their students and send off well trained medical professionals into the industry. All of this is done under the guidance of Principal and his team of 280+ teaching faculty. This faculty includes:
- 40+ Professors
- 100+ Associate and assistant professors
Last updated on April 17th, 2021 at 11:43 am
Ans. Yes, students from different countries can apply at JIPMER but the admissions will still be strictly based on merit. To know more about the accepted exams from different countries, it is best to contact the college.
Last updated on April 17th, 2021 at 11:45 am
Ans. Yes, JIPMER is also a multi-speciality hospital. Students doing an MBBS are required to do an internship and JIPMER students usually do an internship at the parent hospital itself.
Last updated on April 17th, 2021 at 11:46 am
Ans. Following are the documents that would be required for admissions in MBBS at JIPMER:
- 10+2 marksheet
- NEET UG scorecard
- Application receipts
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate
- 12th Passing Certificate
- Passport size photographs
Last updated on April 17th, 2021 at 11:48 am
Ans. Yes. JIPMER conducts an annual fest called Spandan that takes place in the campus continuously for seven days. Spandan is scheduled in the month of August or September every year. The activities in the fest includes cultural events, sports events, literary events, and entertainment shows. Thousands of students from different parts of the country come together to participate in the cultural events of the fest.