Home » Posts tagged 'Indian Institutes of Information Technology'
Tag Archives: Indian Institutes of Information Technology
Last updated on September 18th, 2021
The Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) offer admission in B.Tech courses that deal with technical education related to Information Technology and Communication Studies. In total, there are 25 IIITs in India offering progressive education, with faculties from top IITs and NITs.
Students often get confused between IIT and IIIT as both seem similar but IITs in India offer multiple engineering branches. On the other hand, IIITs mostly offer Information Technology related B.Tech courses like ECE, CS, IT, etc.
- However, both IIITs and IITs are among the top engineering colleges in India.
- To get into an IIIT, candidates are required to clear JEE Main exam and on the basis of AIRs, JEE Main Counselling is conducted.
- 16 September 2021: 18 Students secured AIR 1 in JEE Main Phase 4. Check Complete List Here
- 15th September 2021: JEE Main 2021 Qualifying Cut off released. Check Now
- 15th September 2021: JEE Advanced Registration have started from 15 September.
- 15th September 2021: JEE Main 2021 Result has announced. Read Here
- IIEST Shibpur: B.Tech Admissions, Cut Off, Fees, Placements
- IIIT Sri City: College Within SEZ Tech Industry
|Fees at IIITs||Scholarships at IIITs|
|B.Tech Specializations at IIITs||Placements at IIITs|
List of IIITs in India
In the NIRF 2020 ranking of top IIITs in India list, IIIT Hyderabad has debuted and also positioned first among the IIITs. Further IIITDM Jabalpur jumped to rank 81, the institute ranked at 75 in 2019, while IIIT Allahabad shifted to 103rd rank. However, it was ranked at 82 in 2019.
Below-mentioned is the list of IIITs in India, their rankings, and the number of courses and seat intake.
|Name of IIITs||NIRF Rank 2021||B.Tech Seats||Total B.Tech Programs|
|IIIT Hyderabad (Non-JoSAA)||54||130||2|
|PDSM IIITDM, Jabalpur||80||300||3|
|ABV IIITM Gwalior||106||248||3|
|IIITDM Kancheepuram||Not ranked||420||9|
|IIIT Pune||Not ranked||120||2|
|IIIT Kota||Not ranked||180||2|
|IIIT Sri City||Not ranked||270||2|
|IIIT Vadodara||Not ranked||200||2|
|IIIT Nagpur||Not ranked||110||2|
|IIIT Kalyani||Not ranked||130||1|
|IIIT Lucknow||Not ranked||75||1|
|IIIT Dharwad||Not ranked||180||2|
|IIIT Bhagalpur||Not ranked||150||3|
|IIIT Bhopal||Not ranked||180||3|
|IIIT Kottayam||Not ranked||90||1|
|IIIT Ranchi||Not ranked||120||2|
|IIIT Una||Not ranked||160||3|
|IIIT Surat||Not ranked||120||2|
|IIIT Manipur||Not ranked||100||2|
|IIITDM Kurnool||Not ranked||120||3|
|IIIT Tiruchirapalli||Not ranked||60||2|
|IIIT Sonepat||Not ranked||90||2|
- JEE Main 2021 Participating Colleges: Complete List of Top Colleges
- IIIT Bangalore: Average Package Offered, Fees, Admissions 2021
JoSAA Cut Off 2020 For Top 10 IIITs
Given below are JoSAA Cut Off Ranks of 2020 for two main B.Tech courses – CSE and ECE for some of the best IIITs. The opening ranks (Round 1) and closing ranks (Round 6) denote the ranks at which first and last seat was allotted.
Computer Science and Engineering (4 years)
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee IIITM Gwalior||3812||8722|
|IIIT Kota, Rajasthan||5342||22320|
|IIIT Sri City, Chittoor||13596||28394|
|IIIT Vadodara, Gujarat||9485||21250|
|Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra IIITDM Jabalpur||7871||15413|
|IIIT Srirangam, Tiruchirappalli||1571||21358|
|IIITDM Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh||9476||32039|
|Institute||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|IIIT Kota, Rajasthan||19587||29813|
|IIIT Sri City, Chittoor||21692||35758|
|Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra IIITDM Jabalpur||14248||24558|
|IIIT Srirangam, Tiruchirappalli||20351||33355|
|IIITDM Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh||23848||40410|
B.Tech Course in IIITs through JEE Main
- B.Tech admissions in India are taken at the national and state levels with the help of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
- JEE Main is a common entrance exam to offer admission to eligible students to different undergraduate programs at IIITs.
- The minimum eligibility to get admission to a B.Tech course is passing Class 12 with compulsory subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biotechnology/Biology and thereafter take JEE Main entrance exam.
- Candidates also have to fulfil the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria to be able to sit for the entrance exam. Generally, the candidates need to have at least 60% aggregate and in individual subjects taken together for admissions in IIITs in India.
- Finally, students who clear the JEE Main Cut Off (Qualifying) can appear for JoSAA Counselling and choose their desired IIITs based on the expected college cut off ranks.
The following courses are offered through JEE Main at various IITs in India-
|B.Tech + M.Tech (Dual Degree)||5 years|
|B.Tech and MBA (Dual Degree)||5 years|
IIITs in India: What is B.Tech?
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) is a four-year professional course, which is divided into eight semesters and is being offered in various IITs, IIITs, NITs and private colleges.
- The entire four-year course is divided into various academic activities such as seminars, practicals, lectures, projects/research work and industrial training.
- Teachings provided in first year are the same for all the B. Tech aspirants but for the second and third-year students, education is provided as per the chosen specialization.
- In the final year of study, the students are offered a choice of elective subjects and offered opportunities for industrial training as well.
Differences Between a B.E. and B.Tech Degree
The main difference between these two programs is in regard to the course material provided and the orientation of the program.
The following table will help you seek a better understanding of the difference between these two programs.
|Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)||Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)|
|B.E. is a study based on theory. It is more theoretical and knowledge oriented.||B.Tech is a skill/data-oriented course and is more about application engineering.|
|B.E. deals with engineering aspects of Science.||B.Tech course include offering teaching related to all the technical aspects of Science|
|B.E. is designed to develop innovative types of equipment and useful technical gadgets in the Science and Technology sector.||B.Tech is focused on the principles of engineering and technology and helps improve the quality of teaching.|
Both B.E. and B. Tech courses provide an opportunity to students to study the subjects of their choice. The courses are of a duration of 4-years and are spread across 8 semesters.
There are two types of engineering program offered at IIITs including:
- 3-year BE/B. Tech after Diploma in Engineering
- 4-year BE/B. Tech after Class 12
IIITs in India – B.Tech Fee Structure
|Name of IIIT||Total Fees (INR)|
|ABV- Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management Gwalior||Gen/OBC–Hosteller – 77,500 (per semester)
Day scholar – 57,000 (per semester)
|SC/ST–Hosteller – 37,500 (per semester)
Day scholar – 17,000 (per semester)
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati||Gen/OBC – 66,400 (per semester)||SC/ST/PD – 57,400 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacture Jabalpur||Gen /OBC–Hosteller – 75,209 (per semester)
Day scholar – 50,509 (per semester)
|SC/ST–Hosteller – 35,209 (per semester)
Day scholar – 10,509 (per semester)
|Indian Institute of Information Technology Srirangam, Tiruchirappalli||Gen/OBC – 1,26,250 (per semester)||SC/ST – 38,250 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Manipur||Gen/OBC – 60,400 (per semester)||SC/ST/PD – 51,400 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT) Kurnool||Gen/OBC – 75,209 (per semester)||SC/ST – 35,209 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Kota, Rajasthan||36,000 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT) West Bengal||49,000 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT) Haryana||49,000 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT) Himachal Pradesh||51,350 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT), Sri City, Chittoor District, Andra Pradesh||1,29,000 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT), Vadodara, Gujrat||83,000 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad||51,500 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram||75,209 (per semester)|
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Information Technology Amethi(A Campus of IIIT Allahabad)||40,000 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology Lucknow||67,000 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT) Dharwad||10,300 (per semester)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT) Kottayam||75,000 (per semester)|
Latest JEE Main News
- Predict College or Courses Using Your JEE Main Rank
- JEE Main 2021 Result for Phase 4 Released, 18 Students Secured AIR 1
- JEE Advanced 2021 Registration Starts from September 15. Register Here
- JEE Advanced 2021: New Guidelines Released, Qualified Candidates Of Last Year Can Appear Without JEE Main 2021
Specializations Offered Across IIITs in India
Engineering programs in India are granted across various specialisations.
- Some of the prominent ones include Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering.
- Computer Science is one of the widely famous specialisations selected by many candidates who want to do B. Tech/ M. Tech programs at IIITs followed by Electronics & Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering respectively.
Have a look at the B.Tech, M. Tech and Dual Degree specialisations that are granted by IIITs in India.
|B.Tech & MTech Specialisations||Dual Degree (BTech + MTech)|
|Computer Science Engineering||Computer Science Engineering with M. Tech in Systems Design|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Electronics and Communication Engineering along with MTech Communication and Systems Design|
|Information Technology Engineering||Information Technology Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering with Design and Manufacturing||Electronics and Communication Engineering and Design & Manufacturing; MTech in Signal Processing and Communication System Design|
|Mechanical Engineering||Electronics and Communication Engineering and MTech in VLSI Design|
|Mechanical Engineering with Smart Manufacturing||Electronics and Communication Engineering and Design & Manufacturing; M Tech course in VLSI and Electronic systems|
|Mechanical Engineering with Design and Manufacturing||Mechanical Engineering along with MTech in Advanced Manufacturing|
|Mechatronics Engineering||Mechanical Engineering along with M. Tech in Product Design|
IIITs in India – Placements and Salary Packages offered
IIITs in India organize placement drives for its students in two phases: the first phase starts in December first week while the second phase starts in January first.
- During the placement season of different IIITs, well-known companies visit the IIIT campuses to appoint the engineering and other graduates for different organizational roles.
- The average starting package of students in IIITs varies from INR 10-15 lakh per annum. However, the maximum salary package offered in the top IIITs in India is usually around INR 30 LPA annually.
- Some of the national and international companies like Google, Adobe, Qualcomm, Microsoft, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, Tower Research, HSBC MathWorks, etc. take part in the placement drive to appoint engineering graduates for various job roles.
Top IIITs in India: Average vs Highest CTC
The tables below comprise data for the highest domestic CTC and average CTC offered at various IIITs by different companies. The data is taken from the final placement reports of the institutes.
|Name of IIIT||Average Domestic Package (in INR per annum)||Highest Domestic Package(Per annum – in lakh)|
|ABV-Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management (ABV-IIITM), Gwalior||14.58||42|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad||15.5||39|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM), Kancheepuram, Chennai||9.9||23|
|Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM)||7.3||20|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM), Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh||4.77||10.5|
The engineering graduates are offered various roles in different sectors and domains. Therefore, the major demand is for profiles in the field of software development.
IIITs in India – Scholarships for Students
The Scholarship program offers financial awards to qualifying students shortlisted to pursue B. Tech from IIIT. To qualify for a scholarship, the applicants need to apply for AIEESE (Secondary) – 2021 and the merit-based scholarships will be granted to the students pursuing undergraduate (Engineering) degrees from top IIITs in India. The objective of the scholarship program is to encourage outstanding students to pursue academic courses from IIIT.
A few type of scholarship offered at IIIT Allahabad:
- Scholarship 1-
- Candidates are granted to the North East students whose family income is less than INR 450000.
- These students are eligible for “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme under, which offers an amount of INR 60000 per annum.
- Based on the academic merit and SOP (Statement of Purpose), 20 students from IIITs will be offered internships. Scholarships worth INR 10000/- for the entire duration (8- Weeks) is offered to the qualifying students.
- DLF Raghvendra Scholarship –
- Scholarships worth INR 40000/ p.a. is offered to the students belonging to the states of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
- The scholarship amount is offered till the completion of four-year graduate courses.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on merit and underprivileged status.
- Indian Oil Scholarship (IOCL) –
- Scholarships worth INR 3000 per month are provided to students pursuing professional courses in Engineering.
Other Benefits at IIITs
IIIT-D also offers numerous scholarships and fellowships to B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD students. The amount of these scholarships is mentioned below:
|Criteria||% Fee Waiver|
|Whose parents are below the line of poverty||100|
|Gross Income of parents is lesser or up to INR 6.0 Lakh p.a.||50|
|In case gross income of the parents varies between Rs.6.0 Lakh and Rs.8.0 lakh p.a.||25|
In addition to the above mentioned scholarships, there are many other scholarships under different categories available for the students. These scholarships are offered to the deserving candidates based on their financial conditions and merit.
Life of Students at IIITs in India
IIITs, as institutes, do not only focus on imparting knowledge of high technical quality but building an all-rounder personnel of the students studying there. Students here come to justify the meaning of consistency, determination and individuality.
- Co-curricular activities are an integral part of a student’s life at all the IIIT colleges and students are encouraged to take part in various inter IIIT/institutes sports events.
- Some of the facilities offered at all the IIITs include:
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Modern infrastructure
- Student Accommodation
- Campus Network
- Dining and Mess
- Financial Assistance
- Quiz club
- Robotics Clubs and much more.
- With these facilities and beneficiaries associated with IIITs, they become a good option for the students to seek admission.
- In case they are not able to qualify JEE Advanced, students must not dishearten themselves and instead make a smart move to choose IIITs as their college.
FAQs for IIITs in India
Last updated on September 11th, 2020
Ans.Some of the best IIITs in India are IIIT Hyderabad, IIIT Allahabad, IIIT Lucknow, IIIT Pune, IIIT Guwahati and ABV-IIITM Gwalior.
Last updated on September 11th, 2020
Ans.There are a total of 25 IIITs in India, out of which, five are listed as the Institutes of National Importance and the remaining 18 IIITs are set up on the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model.
Last updated on July 16th, 2020
Ans. For admissions in IIITs in India, candidates have to score a minimum score in class 12 and sit for JEE Main Entrance Exam.
Last updated on July 16th, 2020
Ans. Ranked 43rd out of 200 best engineering colleges in India, IIIT Hyderabad gives you the opportunity to explore other skills. They focus a lot on coding skills. The institute offers CSE ECE courses in 2 years.
Last updated on December 19th, 2020
Ans. The highest package a student can get on an average in IIIT Hyderabad after doing CSE course is 46 LPA.
Last updated on July 16th, 2020
Ans. It depends on the ranks of the colleges. Furthermore, IIITs are better for coding. If you are interested in CSE, IIIT Hyderabad is the place for you.