Home » Posts tagged 'Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad'
Tag Archives: Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad
Last updated on November 12th, 2020 at 05:21 pm
Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad was established by the Government of India in the union budget of 2004. IIT Palakkad offers a four-year B.Tech programme in Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. IIT Palakkad fee structure is same for all the students with suitable fee waivers for unreserved categories.
- IIT Palakkad fee structure is rational as compared to the other IITs.
- The institute fee is approximately INR 270000 which includes admission fee, thesis fee, medical exam fee, modernization fee, alumni fee, etc and hostel fee is around INR 28,900 which includes hostel seat rent, electricity and water charges, etc.
- First year students have to pay the one-time fees and a refundable caution money as prescribed by the institute.
- Students can pay the fees through both online and offline methods.
Also Check IIT Palakkad: JEE Advanced 2019 Cut Off
IIT Palakkad Fee Structure 2020: Highlights
|Institute Name||IIT Palakkad|
|Admissions via||JoSAA Counselling|
IIT Palakkad Fee Structure 2020-21 (B.Tech)
Given below is the detailed breakdown of IIT Palakkad Fee Structure from the latest updated official source.
|Description||Semester 1 (In INR)||Semester 2 (In INR)||Semester 3 (In INR)||Semester 4 (In INR)|
|Medical Exam fee||150||–||–||–|
|Student Welfare Fund||700||–||–||–|
|Alumni Life Membership Fee (NS)||1500||–||–||–|
|Publication Fee (NS)||250||–||–||–|
|Total of One-time Fees (A)||3650||–||–||–|
|Registration- enrolment fee||300||300||300||300|
|Student wellness fee||200||200||200||200|
|Medical insurance premium||550||550||550||550|
|Establishment -A charges||5000||5000||5000||5000|
|Total of Semester Fees (B)||108200||108200||108200||108200|
|Hostel admission charges||200||200||200||200|
|Hostel seat rent||6000||6000||600||600|
|Establishment B charges||1200||1200||1200||1200|
|Advance dining charges||17000||17000||17000||17000|
|Water, electricity and SWD charges||900||900||900||900|
|Total amount of hostel charges (C)||25300||25300||25300||25300|
|Total Payable (A+B+C)||137,150||133,500||133,500||133,500|
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Durgapur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
IIT Palakkad Fee Structure for International Students
The fee structure is different for the foreign students than the native students. The table below shows the tuition fees charged per annum (excluding additional applicable charges) for the international students:
|Country||Tuition Fee per annum (INR)|
|SAARC Countries||To be updated|
|Other than SAARC Countries||To be updated|
|PIO / OCI Card Holders||To be updated|
NOTE: The information on fee for international students is not available on the official website of IIT Palakkad. It will be updated soon after any official notification for foreign students is released by IIT Palakkad authorities.
- NIT Nagpur: Admissions via JEE Main, Courses, Fee Structure, Placements and More
- IIIT Vadodara Cut Off for JEE Main
IIT Palakkad Fee Structure: Scholarships and Waivers
IIT Palakkad offers various scholarships and financial assistance to the students. Tuition fee waivers are also provided to the needy students.
- There is a provision for fee waiver that the candidates who are from reserved category (SC, ST, PH) are entitled for 100% Tuition fee waiver.
- Candidates who are from general and OBC category and whose family income is less than Rs. 1 lakh per annum are entitled for full remission of tuition fee.
- Candidates who are from general and OBC category and whose family income is between Rs 1 Lakh to 5 lakh per annum are entitled for 2/3rd remission of the tuition fees.
- NIT Silchar: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, Scholarships and More
- NIT Rourkela Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
How to pay IIT Palakkad Fees?
Students can pay IIT Palakkad Fee online or offline as per their preference. The detailed steps to pay the fee online are given below:
Mode of Payment
Candidates can pay the fees by using their credentials on the official of the IIT Palakkad.
- Candidates are requested to visit the official website of the IIT Palakkad and click on the option “pay fees’’ then they will be redirected to the payment gateway portal of the institute.
- Once the candidate has opened the gateway page then they have to fill the necessary details of the fees as required to pay.
- After confirming the details candidates can click on the button Proceed.
- Then they will be directed to the SBI MOPS facility where they can choose their mode of payment.
- Their choices must be SBI online banking, other bank online banking, SBI debit card, other bank debit card, any credit card payment or cash/cheque at the SBI branch.
- After doing all these steps or making the successful payment candidates can return to the e-transaction page of IIT Palakkad and can check their payment status. Also, candidates are requested to keep a receipt of the payment.
- Due to the global pandemic, IIT Palakkad has revised the Fee structure for the academic year 2020-21. Students are not required to pay hostel fee, mess advance and other optional charges till the institute reopens.
- The above information is subject to changes by IIT Palakkad authorities. For detailed information and exact data on IIT Palakkad Fees Structure refer to the official website of the college.