Home » Posts tagged 'Indian Institute of Management Ranchi'
Tag Archives: Indian Institute of Management Ranchi
Last updated on May 21st, 2021 by Mansi Topa
Indian Institute of Management – [IIMR], Ranchi, Jharkhand was established in 2010. IIM Ranchi is established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. It was ranked 20th by NIRF in 2020. IIM Ranchi offers different Certificate, Postgraduate and doctorate level courses.
Eligibility for PG courses is a bachelor degree with 50 percent aggregate and qualified in CAT entrance test from a recognized board and the same for doctorate level courses is having a master’s degree in relevant field from any recognized university. The selection criteria for Doctorate and PG Courses are both merit based and entrance based.
This university offers facilities like a lecture hall, conference hall, library, hostel, etc. It offers for both girls and boys.
Institute figures out how to pull in 71 new recruiters representatives with current industry necessity abilities among 181 MBA and 67 MBA HR students. The Median Salary was INR 14.82 LPA and INR 18.54 LPA normal CTC of Top 25%.
IIM Ranchi: Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2010 | Public|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Entrance Exam||CAT, GATE, GRE, GMAT and NET-JRF (UGC/CSIR)|
|Courses Offered||Postgraduate, Doctorate and Certificate Courses|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||Samsung, Accenture, Flipkart, IBM, Tata Motors, Deloitte, ICICI Bank, etc|
|Campus Area||90.14 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, hostel, Auditorium, sports etc|
IIM Ranchi: Ranking
Indian Institute of Management – [IIMR], Ranchi, Jharkhand has been ranked many times by different prominent bodies like National Institutional Ranking Framework, Outlook, Time B.E School etc, The rankings are given in table below:
|BW Business World||43||2019|
|T.I.M.E B-School Categorization||AAA||2020|
IIM Ranchi: Courses Offered
Here are the courses offered by IIM Ranchi:
IIM Ranchi: Admissions
Students looking for admission to any of the courses offered by IIM Ranchi are needed to fill an online application form that could be submitted on the online or offline mode. Be that as it may, for the lead program (PGP), competitors are needed to apply on the authority website of CAT.
- IIM Ranchi admission to PGP depends on CAT followed by a Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI)
- Admission to PGDHRM program is offered dependent on a substantial score in CAT followed by Written Ability Test and Personal Interview
- Selection for PGEXP course is done dependent on the marks acquired in the entrance test directed by the institute followed by an interview
- Admission to PhD is offered depending on CAT, GATE, GRE, GMAT and NET-JRF (UGC/CSIR) tests followed by an individual interview.
How to apply?
Application forms for all the programs are available on the university website and can be downloaded directly from the admission portal.
- Fill in the online application at the admission portal of the university.
- Upload Scan Copies of the necessary documents.
Those students who qualified are called for counselling for the final selection. Candidates are supposed to present the following documents at the time of counseling:
- CAT/GATE/GMAT Rank card/ hall ticket.
- Memorandum of Marks (Inter, matriculation and bachelor)
- Proof of Date of Birth (matriculation or its Equivalent )
- Transfer Certificate ( T.C)
- Study Certificates
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate of mother/father for a period of 10 years.
- Integrated Community Certificate
- Income certificate of parents from
- Local status certificate
- Applicants claiming reservation under NCC, Sports, P physically Hhandicapped, CAP, Minorities shall bring the original certificates
CAT 2020 Cut Off
The cutoff of CAT 2020:
|Categories||Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||Overall Percentile|
|NC- OBC – Cum Transgender||65||65||65||75|
IIM Ranchi: Placements
- IIM Ranchi Placement 2020 for some reasons was significant because of Covid induced economic crisis, going through the significant features of the period this year.
- Institute figures out how to pull in 71 new recruiters representatives with current industry necessity abilities among 181 MBA and 67 MBA HR students.
- 41% offers have been made in the deals and Marketing area with the highest CTC of INR 59.37 LPA.
- The Median Salary was INR 14.82 LPA and INR 18.54 LPA normal CTC of Top 25%.
- In MBA HR, the highest CTC offered is INR 26.5 LPA and normal CTC of 14.55 LPA.
Following are the sectors in which students are placed
|Sector||Major Recruiter||Highest CTC|
|General Management / Others||Tolaram and L&T||INR 56 LPA|
|Finance||GAIL and ICICI Bank||INR 20 LPA|
|Sales and Marketing||Google and Maruti Suzuki||INR 23 LPA|
|IT / Analytics / Consulting||RPG and Value labs||INR 21 LPA|
IIM Ranchi: Scholarships
As this is a public college, students get scholarships and all the facilities that are provided by the government and various organisations every year. Students belonging to reserved classes like SC,/STs/EBC and physically handicapped get more benefitted. Following are some of the scholarships offered to the students:
- Ministry of Minority Affairs (Central Scheme) – Scholarship offered under this service takes into account benefits of students of the minorities according to the standards characterized by the Ministry of Minority Affairs. There are three kinds of Scholarships offered in this class – Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities, Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities and Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses Central Scheme.
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities- Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities, Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities and Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with handicaps, are the grants offered to Students with disabilities under this division of Government of India.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment – According to the depicting elements of this Ministry, Students who are needing grant will be allowed with it yet with a thought of endorsed records. Under the Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students, grants will be given to the passing Students for the benefit of the establishment.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs – National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education for Students belonging from ST.
- Department of Higher Education
- WARB Ministry of Home Affairs
- RPF/RPSF Ministry of Railway- Students coming under this category will be awarded by Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF. All the details regarding these Scholarships can be read on the official website of the National Scholarship Portal of the Government of India.
IIM Ranchi: Facilities
- Library- The library at IIM Ranchi gives a wide assortment of both in-house and organization based administrations. The electronic assets bought in by the library are open to the clients through the Institute’s organization with its capacities and administrations are completely mechanized
- Hostel- The students block of this organization was as of late moved to the private square of the games town, Khelgaon, situated in the edges of Ranchi. Its lodging office is at standard with the best on the planet with discrete squares for young ladies and young men. Likewise, the lodging has a completely Wi-Fi empowered ground with a blend of three and four-room shared pads that are completely outfitted. Each square comprises a wreck and a flask which stay open for around 20 hours every day and a clinical dispensary.
- Classrooms- The Academic block of IIM Ranchi comprises six cutting edge planned homerooms furnished with every one of the necessary offices. It helps the understudies by giving them a superior comprehension of ideas and gives an edge since understudies can envision the ideas being educated.
- IT Labs- Each computer accessible in the IT labs of IIM Ranchi has Windows 7 and is furnished with antivirus alongside a laser printer and scanner. The scholastic square is inside associated through Wi-Fi just as wired LAN (10 Mbps 1:1 web data transfer capacity given by RailTel) to help nonstop admittance to the organization assets.
IIM Ranchi: Faculty
- IIM Ranchi Faculty members have 31 employees who have first class insight in research fields and industry. Professors and employees like Prof Tata Sai Vijay, Prof Rohit Kumar, and Dr Pritee Ray are granted Innovation Cell of MHRD as a Recognition for Contribution to Institutions Innovation Council.
- The staff proportion of IIM Ranchi has expanded. The foundations presently have 31 all-out employees with 23 full-time personnel. The personnel understudies proportion remains at 1:9 which is unquestionably the most normalized proportion when contrasted with other IIMs
IIM Ranchi: FAQs
Last updated on May 21st, 2021
Ans. IIM Ranchi’s academic block has six stylishly planned homerooms, sponsored with current offices like PCs, projectors, OHPs, present day sound framework and other general media apparatuses. The foundation’s scholastic square comes outfitted with a Wi-Fi web network.
Last updated on May 21st, 2021
Ans. IIM Ranchi was the first in New IIM to finish their late spring and last position. Last arrangement normally remained at 15.02 LPA for MBA course wherein It remained at 14.52 for MBA – HR course. Summers were similarly acceptable with normal for MBA courses at 90,830 and MBA – HR at 95,152.
Last updated on May 21st, 2021
Ans. No, Presently IIM Ranchi has no permanent campus. Currently, it is giving education through a temporary campus. However, it has been proposed that campus has been allotted more than 100 acres of Land.
Last updated on May 21st, 2021
Ans. In the event that you look through placement wise, MDI is definitely better than IIM Ranchi. Yet, General public realizes IIM better compared to some others, however individuals who’ve been enrolling know the truth.