Home » Posts tagged 'Indian Institute of Information Technology Vadodara'
Tag Archives: Indian Institute of Information Technology Vadodara
Last updated on September 15th, 2020 at 12:02 pm
Established in the year 2013, IIIT Vadodara is originally a public-private institute set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). It is a recognized university and is an institute of national importance. The institute offers various programs in B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD courses.
- Candidates can seek admission into the B.Tech courses through valid JEE Main scores.
- The admission procedure is overseen and managed by the JoSAA Counselling, for which students have to qualify JEE Main Cut Off.
- The seat distribution depends on the college cut off and a competitor’s interest for courses and the university. However, compared to top engineering colleges, IIIT Vadodara has a much lower intake.
- The admission and counselling of JoSAA 2020 start from the third week of June in online mode.
IIIT Vadodara also offers interactive and educational exchange programs for its students with many reputed and established institutions to provide an informative and globalized environment to its candidates.
IIIT Vadodara Highlights
|Institute Type||Public-Private Partnership (PPP)|
|Faculties available||16 + 25 Visiting Faculty|
|Programmes offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, PhD|
|Admission Criteria for B.Tech||12th Score + JEE Main|
IIIT Vadodara B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main 2020
B.Tech admissions at IIIT Vadodara depend upon the performance of the student in JEE Main followed by JoSAA counselling. JEE Main-qualified applicants are given admission based on their merit.
B.Tech Courses Offered
IIIT Vadodara offers two specialisations in B.Tech programme
- B.Tech in Information Technology
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
At IIIT Vadodara, B.Tech IT has a seat strength of 50 and CSE offers admission to 198 seats. The admission is done solely through JEE Main entrance examination. The B.Tech programmes at IIIT Vadodara are 4-year full time courses.
Eligibility for B.Tech
The basic eligibility criteria to apply for admission in B.Tech courses at IIIT Vadodara are,
- 50% marks in 12th board exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics as core subjects.
- A valid score in JEE Main Result for the respective year and attending the following JoSAA counselling.
Candidates will be allotted to available seats in each B.Tech specialisation according to the merit list.
Admission Process for B.Tech
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is the authority which conducts counselling for admissions to IIITs, as well as IITs and NITs. Students who have appeared for JEE Main have to keep certain factors in mind while applying for B.Tech courses at IIIT Vadodara.
- Candidates are eligible to apply for seat allotment to IIITs and other such institutes only if they qualify JEE Main.
- Candidates can opt for as many colleges and institutions as they want in decreasing order while registering their applications. Once the application is finalized and locked, no request for changes in the list will be entertained by the authority.
- The seat allocation for candidates to participating institutes will be conducted in seven rounds. Candidates will then have to pay an acceptance fee, to provisionally accept the seat. If you are eligible for B.Tech according to the criteria, you will get admission to the institution.
IIIT Vadodara Cut Off for Top B.Tech Courses
Every year, IIIT Vadodara declares the official cut-off for its B.Tech courses. The cut-off list is generally out within a few months from the exam. There are various factors which influence the cut-off every year that includes seats available, candidates who appeared for the exam, difficulty level of the exam, etc.
Here is the overall cutoff for previous years.
|Courses||2019 overall cutoff||2018 overall cutoff|
|Computer Science and Engineering||16265-28527||14760-29546|
Also Check | Top NITs in India: Cut Off, Fees and More
Study At IIIT Vadodara During COVID-19
Students at IIIT Vadodara have been given instructions for social distancing to fight against the contagious COVID-19 disease.
- Handling the social distancing – As social distancing can lead to an adverse effect on a candidates brain, this is why IIIT has been giving utmost importance to it.
- IIIT Vadodara has taken measures to keep the students engaged and continue the academic sessions through online classes.
- Being busy and planning your day can also be very helpful. Other than that, sanitisation of the college campus and places which the candidates use frequently is done on a regular interval of time.
- The regular classes at IIIT Vadodara will be resumed once the COVID-19 restrictions are revoked.
Also Read | IIIT Bangalore & Academics During COVID-19
Why Choose IIIT Vadodara?
The reports for placement at IIIT Vadodara in 2019-2020 has been amazing. This year the institute saw excellent placement records both in B.Tech CSE and IT branch.
- The average CTC this year has been 11 lacs, with the most noteworthy being 36 lacs and the least was 6 lacs.
- The top organizations that visited the grounds were Amazon, Mathworks, Adobe, Quikr, Siemens, Sigmoid, ICICI Bank and many more.
- The dominant part of the job placement was given in programming designing, which accounts for the executives, innovative work, research building, partner information researcher, partner expert, examiner and business specialist.
All the necessities that are provided by the institute are adequate.
- The institute provides Wi-Fi facility to the students and staff.
- The homerooms and labs are spacious with the best possible furnishings and equipment.
- The play area is likewise accessible at the campus.
- The mess can without much accommodate almost 200 students, and the food quality is likewise good.
- The organization has an ambulance for a health-related crisis which will take the candidate to the closest government emergency clinic.
Also Check | Why should you choose NIT Trichy?
IIIT Vadodara Cut Off 2019 For B.Tech Specializations
IIIT Vadodara’s cut-offs vary each year according to the number of students applied for each programme under different categories. Find the previous year cut offs for different categories;
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
Also Check | JEE Main Cut Off 2020 (Announced)
IIIT Vadodara: Reservation
IIIT Vadodara does not have any reservation categories for home state quota or for NRIs. Reservation of seats is only available for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes featuring in the list of Government of India and for the PH category.
The reservation percentage for seat matrix is as follows;
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||27%|
|PwD (40% or more disability)||5%|
Faculty At IIIT Vadodara
Teachers and professors at IIIT Vadodara are said to be highly qualified and trained with the correct knowledge required for their respective research and training fields.
- Most of the teachers are PhD holders and also have the right teaching methodology for the specialisation.
- They are helpful, have in-depth knowledge of the topic, and are highly competent.
- Students are encouraged to approach the faculties of respective departments to clear any of their doubts regarding the syllabus.
- IIIT Vadodara also has several visiting faculties who are PhD holders in their respective subjects.
The approach provides a fresh and different perspective for the students and ensures maximum academic support. Aspirants can check out the official website of IIIT Vadodara for a list of faculty members at the institute.
Also Read | Top GFTIs Cut Off for 2019
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Vadodara
- Indian Institute of Information Technology has access to the ACM digital library database. There are several books found in the library.The collection includes reference books, practice books, subject textbooks, CDs, general information books, etc.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology has hostels for both boys and girls. The hostel can easily accommodate 3 students in each room which are equipped with all the basic facilities.
- Although, there is a difference of 19 km from the Institute to the college and buses which regularly operate between the hostel and institute.
- Facilities like water purifiers, mess, TV, laundry services, security, Internet/ wi-fi, gymnasium and for a medical emergency vehicle is available.
- Other facilities are – Sports Complex, Football Ground, Volleyball Court, Table Tennis, Indoor Games, Labs, Computer Lab.
Also Check | How good is the faculty at NITK Surathkal?
IIIT Vadodara: Placement Report
IIIT Vadodara placement for the year 2019 finished with outstanding records. The B.Tech batch recorded 100 per cent situation while the general placement rate was around 96.5 per cent.
- A lot of the top organizations like Amazon, Mathworks, Adobe, Quikr, Siemens, Sigmoid, ICICI Bank and International Firms offered very good quality packages.
- The most significant pay was Rs 36 LPA while the normal compensation was determined to be Rs 11 LPA.
- 8 B.Tech candidates also got placed in international firms situated in Japan, Germany and Malaysia while an aggregate of 32 offers was stowed by the candidates in the country.
Organizations like Microsoft, Amazon, Mathworks, Adobe, Searce Logistics and Vehant Technologies offered internship level positions. Roughly 25 candidates additionally got the Pre Placement Offer from their organizations.
|Particulars||Salary / Stats|
|No of Students Placed B.Tech||74|
|No of Students Placed M.Tech||4|
|Total offers Bagged||102|
|No of Companies Visited||30|
|Highest CTC||Rs 36 LPA|
|Average CTC||Rs 11 LPA|
|Median CTC||Rs 6 LPA|
|Minimum CTC||Rs 3.4 LPA|
Must Read | Facilities For Students at NIT Rourkela
Scholarships Offered by IIIT Vadodara
At the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Vadodara the candidates can avail the provision of relaxation of fee by applying to the following scholarships which are offered by state and central governments to meritorious students.
- Fellowship with the Parliament of India as a part of Speaker’s Research Initiative.
- Uttar Pradesh scholarship and fee reimbursement scheme
- Mukhyamantri Medhavi Vidyarthi yojana
- Central Sector Interest Subsidy Scheme
Also Check | Scholarships at IIIT Allahabad
IIIT Vadodara Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
IIIT Vadodara provides a concise fee structure for the candidate’s reference. Check the table below to know more.
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||15,000|
|One Time Fees (Non-refundable)||5,100|
|Tuition Fee / sem||77,000|
|Other Fees / sem||3,750|
|Mess Charges / semester||16,600|
|Hostel Fee (Triple Sharing)||22,000|
IIIT Vadodara: FAQs
Last updated on September 15th, 2020 at 11:17 am
A. IIIT-V provides world-class facilities and highly educated professionals as the faculty which makes it an institute of National importance. With a very high placement record, IIIT-V gives job security to its students. The college offers various specialization in B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD courses.
Last updated on September 15th, 2020 at 11:17 am
A.Its placement statistics are growing every year with a spurt in the chart to 100% placements with over 30 companies conducting their placement drives for various specialisations. With an average package of 11 lakh PA and various international packages, IIIT Vadodara has secured its place as one of the most prestigious institutes.
Last updated on September 15th, 2020 at 11:18 am
A.For B.Tech IT specialisation, the opening was around 11315 and the closing rank was 27270. For Computer Science and Engineering, the opening and closing ranks were 12685 and 23662 respectively.
Last updated on September 15th, 2020 at 11:19 am
A. As the IIIT Vadodara campus does not provide a hostel facility, a few private buildings are rented which serves the purpose of lodging for the candidates looking for hostel facility. 3 students per room can be accommodated in the rooms. Although the hostel is a little far from the main campus, there are buses that run regularly between the hostel and the college. The hostel also includes the mess facility.