Home » Posts tagged 'Indian Institute of Information Technology Surat'
Tag Archives: Indian Institute of Information Technology Surat
Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Surat was established by MHRD in 2017. The institute is funded by State Government and industry partners Gujarat Narmada Fertilizer Corporation (GNFC), Gujarat Informatics Limited (GIL) and Gujarat Gas Limited (GAL) under the public-private partnership (PPP) model.
Presently, the institute is operational from its temporary premises at Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT) Surat. The permanent campus of IIIT Surat is in progress and is getting constructed on a 50 acres land. Presently, admissions are open for the Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) course only.
- IIIT Surat has a 50 acre campus area spread on huge acres of land that make it easier for the students to learn and boost their skills.
- The college has a total of 132 seats offered in B.Tech program in all different streams.
- It offers B.Tech program in two specializations – Electronics and Computer Science, and Computer Science and Engineering.
- Admissions to these courses at IIIT Surat are offered on the basis of the national level entrance JEE Main.
IIIT Surat: Highlights
|Type of Programs||B. Tech|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main|
|Type||Public-Private Partnership (PPP)|
|Mode of education||Regular|
|Popular courses||UG (B. Tech)|
Also Check | Top NITs in India and Their Cut Offs
IIIT Surat: B.Tech Admission through JEE Main
IIIT Surat offers various Undergraduate and postgraduate programs under different specializations. The admission procedure for B.Tech courses is the same as other IIITs and JoSAA participating institutions i.e. via seat allocation by JoSAA Counselling.
B.Tech Courses Offered
Currently, IIIT Surat offers B.Tech course under two different specializations:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineer
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
To be eligible for admission at IIIT Surat, Candidates have to clear certain eligibility criteria given below:
- The candidates who passed 10+2 or equivalent with minimum 75% of marks in aggregate from a recognized board are eligible for admission at IIIT Surat.
- In addition to this, candidates have to qualify JEE Main Cut Off too.
- Final admission will be done through JoSAA counselling. Candidates after clearing JEE Main have to apply for JoSAA through online mode and select the IIIT as their choice.
Admission Process for B. Tech via JEE Main
Admission in B.Tech at IIIT Surat is being granted as per the scores scored in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main by the students.
- Candidates must fill the details online at JoSAA portal.
- Candidates must fill all the mandatory details, documents, choice of course and stream etc. while submitting the form.
- Once all the details are uploaded and cross-checked, submit the application form.
- Visit the reporting center to complete the admission process in case of seat allotment.
The final seat allotment at IIIT (Surat) for all its UG programs is done through seven rounds of JoSAA counseling. The remaining unoccupied seats are filled through special rounds of CSAB counselling.
Also Check | IIIT Delhi: B.Tech Courses, Cut Offs and More
IIIT Surat Cut Off 2019 for Top B.Tech Courses
The college offers B. Tech under two different specializations, i.e., Computer Science and Electronics and Communication Engineering. The selection of candidates is based on the scores and cut-off marks of JEE Main.
|Courses||2019 Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)||2018 Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)||2017 Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||9199-18473||5965-17293||6860-18453|
|B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering||15860-24967||17842-24555||10714-22900|
Study At IIIT Surat during COVID-19
To promote regular teaching during the COVID-19 outbreak, IIIT Surat has also started offering online classes to the students. The students are advised to stay at home and not come to campus until further notice.
- Recently two budding engineers of the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Surat have developed a Covid-19 scanner that helps in identifying a potential patient without any need for a human to directly come in contact with the latter.
- This artificial intelligence-based technology product is developed by the second year students of engineering who were working remotely from Bikaner in Rajasthan and Ropar in Punjab. They utilized their available time to lower the spread of coronavirus.
- IIIT Surat is planning to approach the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) for funds to further develop a scanner for professional use.
Also Check | NIT Rourkela: Cut Offs, Placements, Fees and More
Why Choose IIIT Surat?
The college offers courses which are flexible and the project based teaching methodology is used in the college.
- The institute has well experienced and highly qualified faculty who are highly skilled in their respective fields.
- The main focus is laid on the academic excellence of the students at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat campus. The institute provides industrial practices also.
- IIIT Surat has a central placement cell which trains students for the various recruitment drives and interview sessions.
Also Check | How good is the faculty at NITK Surathkal?
IIIT Surat Cut Off 2019 For B. Tech Specializations
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat offers B.Tech program in different specializations. Tabulated below are IIIT Surat Cut Off 2019 for different B.Tech courses at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat.
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Also Read | What Facilities Do You Get At NIT Trichy?
IIIT Surat: Reservation
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is responsible for the allotment of seats through JEE Main at various courses at different IIITs all over the country. Check the reservation criteria as below-
Faculty at IIIT Surat
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat appoints highly qualified professors, the majority of them hold a PhD in their respective field of study. Since the institute is mentored by a National Institute of Technology, students can judge the teaching standards offered here. Some of the guest faculty members include:
Computer Science and Engineering:
- Dr. M. A. Zaveri
- Mr. R. P. Gohil
- Dr. S. J. Patel
- Mr. VivekChampaneria
- Mr. Bhavin Rana
- Mrs. Ami Trivedi, etc.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Dr. J. N. Sarvaiya
- Dr. A. D. Darji
- Dr. P. N. Patel
- Dr. Z. M. Patel
- Dr. S. N. Shah
- Dr. K. P. Upla,
- Dr. V.H. Pradhan
- Dr. R. K. Jana
Also Read | Placements at IIIT Bhubaneswar and More
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Surat
- Presently IIIT Surat operates from a temporary campus. More facilities will come up with the establishment of the new campus.
- The facilities provided at the temporary campus are top-notch laboratories and library facilities.
- The institute has a digital library that consists of Springer ebooks.
IIIT Surat: Placement Report
Since, the college has established recently and it has not witnessed any pass outs yet. There is no such placement record. The first batch of students will complete their B. Tech course in 2021.
However, the placement cell of the institute is working harder to prepare the students for the upcoming placements which are scheduled to be held in 2021. IIIT Surat placements will have its first performance data in 2021.
Students while studying at IIIT Surat are eligible to apply for several national and state-level scholarships. The scholarship amount will be given to them only in case they meet the eligibility criteria. The scholarship provides financial assistance to the students so that they can complete their education smoothly.
The following scholarship schemes are available at the institute:
- Loksabha Research Fellowships
- National Scholarship
- Rajasthan Government Scholarship
- Uttar Pradesh Government Scholarship
- Madhya Pradesh Scholarship
- Gujarat Scholarship
- Bihar Scholarship
- Jharkhand Scholarship
Also Read How to Score 250+ in JEE Main?
Fee Structure For Courses Offered at IIIT Surat
The total fees for B.Tech at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat is given in the table below:
Must Read All About NIT Warangal: Fees, Cut Off
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat FAQs
Ans.A candidate must have completed Class 12 from a recognized board with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects. The minimum score should not be less than 75% aggregate.
Ans.The selection of candidates depends on the marks and rank they score in JEE Main examination followed by JoSAA counseling.
Ans.The total estimated course fee for the B. Tech course is INR 5.65 lakhs.
Ans.Yes, in case you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, you are eligible to get considered under the reservation category. The institute follows seat reservation for SC, ST, OBC and PwD candidates as per the rules of the Government of India
Ans.Yes, in case you meet the eligibility criteria, then you can avail scholarship. There are several scholarships available for the qualifying students.