Home » Posts tagged 'IIT Palakkad'
Tag Archives: IIT Palakkad
Last updated on August 6th, 2020 at 05:40 pm
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Palakkad is one of the newly set up IITs in the country which was established in the year 2015. It is one of the most reputed newly established engineering institutes of the country which is progressing year by year. The institute offers different UG, PG and doctorate level courses like B.Tech, M.Tech, PhD etc. under different specializations. Even though it does not rank with top-tier IITs, it is still one of the top colleges in India.
- Admissions to these courses at IIT Palakkad are offered based on the national level entrance examinations like JEE Advanced, GATE, IIT JAM, etc.
- The institute is known to have an excellent placement cell and has shown exceptional placement records in the last few years.
- From the stats of previous year, over 83% of students got placed at well-known companies bagging a top CTC of INR 16.75 LPA from Arista Networks.
- IIT Palakkad offers many facilities to the candidates like the central library, sports facilities, placement opportunities, hostel facility, health care facilities, etc.
- The institute is known for its highly experienced and well-educated staff and faculty members who are highly skilled in their respective streams.
IIT Palakkad Highlights
|Recognized by||UGC, AICTE|
|Year of establishment||2015|
|Type of College||Government, Autonomous|
|Type of Programs||UG, PG and PhD|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Advanced and 10+2 scores (for B.Tech.)|
|Entrance Exams||JEE Advanced, IIT JAM|
IIT Palakkad Admission 2020 Through JEE Advanced
Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad offers B.Tech courses in different specializations. To be eligible for the admission to the course, the candidate has to pass 10+2 with PCM and 75% aggregate marks. Aspirants also have to qualify JEE Advanced followed by JoSAA counselling.
IIT Palakkad: B.Tech Courses Offered
Specializations offered in B.Tech programme by IIT Palakkad are given below. As the institute has been newly set up, it provides B.Tech in only 4 specializations.
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
IIT Palakkad: Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
- The candidate with a minimum 75% marks (SC/ST candidates can apply even with 65%) in Class 12 from a recognized board or school. (Note: Top 20 percentile rule has been scrapped for 2020)
- Candidates post-qualifying JEE Main, need to give JEE Advanced as well to get eligible for a course at IIT Palakkad.
- Candidates’ JEE Main Results will also be considered, but admissions at IIT will be finalized post considering JEE Advanced scores. The AIR will be based on scores in both the exams.
IIT Palakkad: Admission Process
- The selection of the students for the B.Tech programs offered at IIT Palakkad will be strictly based on merit. Students must qualify 12th boards for admission to IIT Palakkad.
- Students have to first qualify the JEE Main exam. The top 2.5 lac students of JEE Main will be eligible for JEE Advanced.
- Post taking the JEE Advanced test, the counselling process will be initiated and will be taken and regulated by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). Students have to register at JoSAA portal for this process.
- JoSAA will allot the seats in various specializations based on the JEE Advanced Results of candidates. IIT Palakkad cut off also plays a crucial role while granting admission to the students.
- Finally, students have to pay the seat confirmation charges which will later be adjusted with admission fees of 1st semester.
- At the time of reporting to college, the remaining fees have to be paid and the students will finally be a part of IIT Palakkad!
Also Read | Why is NIT Trichy a decent alternative to IITs?
IIT Palakkad Cut Offs For Top B.Tech Courses
Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad offers admission in B.Tech program of 4-years in various streams mentioned below:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
Tabulated below are the IIT Palakkad Cut Offs for admission to the B.Tech program as per the JEE Advanced All India Ranks. The IIT Palakkad Cut Offs are provided as opening and closing ranks for various courses.
|Course||Gender Neutral (OR-CR)||Female (OR-CR)|
|Computer Science and Engineering||3468-3941||5263-7508|
IIT Palakkad During COVID-19: Academics and Management
- IIT Palakkad has launched the initiative of e-learning in the middle of global COVID-19 pandemic. One to one face classroom teaching has been scrapped for the entire year.
- The institute has started the online teaching program platforms for the rest of the semesters. For this purpose, online classes are set to begin from 3rd August 2020.
- Online classes for all the college courses will be managed via a single learning management system offered by Moodle.
- IIT Palakkad has tied up with various online teaching platforms to assist students in learning and providing them with work from home internships.
- Virtual seminars and workshops have been started by the institute which aimed at encouraging students to take part in such activities on numerous topics like physics, engineering, biology and humanities.
- Virtual seminar series has been started by IIT Palakkad that covers several topics and are designed to make it more accessible to more audiences.
- Online learning helps students to get learning in a variety of contexts, locations, and times.
Why Should You Choose IIT Palakkad?
Given below are some reasons
- IIT Palakkad is one of the most reputed engineering institutes in India and offers various science and engineering programs like B.Tech, M.Tech, PhD, etc.
- The college offers several facilities including sports, extracurriculars, accommodation, central library etc.
- IITPKD Cut Offs are still high even though the college has been newly set up. This shows that competition for the college is very high and batches are composed of intellectual and bright students.
- The institute has a central placement cell and offers excellent placement records from the last few years from the top recruiters of the industry.
Also Read | Why Should You Choose IIT Roorkee?
IIT Palakkad Cut Off For B.Tech Specializations
IIT Palakkad offers B.Tech programs in different specializations. Tabulated below are the JEE Advanced Cut Offs for different categories for admission to the B.Tech programmes at Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad. The cut off is from Round 7 of JoSAA Counselling 2019 with opening ranks (OR) and closing ranks (CR)-
Computer Science and Engineering
|General PwD||40- 40||–|
|General PwD||23- 23||–|
|SC||1700- 1822||2646- 2646|
|ST||585- 606||387- 387|
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
IIT Palakkad: Reservation Through JEE Advanced Counselling (JoSAA)
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is responsible for the allotment of seats through JEE Advanced at various courses at different IITs all over the country. The reservation criteria is as per JoSAA rules and regulations only. Total intake as per the seat matrix on JoSAA portal, there are a total 181 seats in the 4 B.Tech programmes. Batches are composed of 50 to 40 students.
- 15% of seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% are reserved for ST candidates.
- 24 seats (over and above sanctioned intake) are reserved for foreign and other category students.
- 27% of the seats are secured for other Backward Classes that belong to the Non-Creamy layer.
- While 5% of seats are reserved for Persons with Disabilities in each category.
Other than this, PwD reservation is followed in each category with 5% reservation.
Faculty At IIT Palakkad
Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad has highly qualified faculty members who are exceptionally skilled in their respective fields. The institute has large and diverse faculty members which consist of more than 90 members. Most of the faculty members are PhD scholars in their respective fields.
Each faculty member from every department acts as an excellent mentor and guides students in every possible way. The staff members are conferred with multiple awards at the national and international level. The faculty members of IIT Palakkad consist of dean, professors, assistant professors, and others. Even though IIT Palakkad has been established recently, the college houses faculty with excellent experience in teaching and industry.
Various Facilities Provided At IIT Palakkad
IIT Palakkad is one of the leading technical and eminent institutes of the country. The institute offers many facilities to the students and is known for its excellent placement records and has highly qualified faculty. Some of the facilities provided by the institute are:
- IIT Palakkad offers hostel facilities to the students. The institute has separate hostels for both boys and girls. The hostels provide complete and tight security and numerous facilities like canteen, health facility, medical aid, laundry, ATMs and centralized cooling system.
- The institute offers other facilities too that include transport facility, library, cafeteria, gym, medical centre, hygiene, banks etc.
- IIT Palakkad has a team of 90 highly experienced and well-qualified faculty members with the work experience of more than 20 years. All of them are highly qualified and strive to impart the best education in the best possible way they can.
IIT Palakkad: Scholarships
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Palakkad offers various scholarships to the students. Some of the scholarships are mentioned below:
- Scholarship for B.Tech Students: IIT Palakkad offers Merit-cum-Means (MCM) scholarship to 25% of the students enrolled in the course. The institute is awarded to the meritorious reserved categories (SC/ST) students according to the rules as set by Government of India.
- SC/ST Scholarship: SC/ST students are eligible for scholarships to get full remission of the hostel rent, as well as, dining (mess) charges. Along with this, SC/ST students also get full exemption from tuition fees.
- Gen/OBC (EWS) Scholarship: Students belonging to most economically weaker sections or other economically weaker sections get remission of tuition fees in full and in part (2/3rd) respectively. Other than this, these students can also avail Institute merit scholarships for reimbursement of hostel and mess expenses.
- Scholarship for PhD Scholars: This scholarship is provided to those candidates who have qualified under UGC- JRF, ICMR, CSIR- JRF and AICTE examinations. Only those candidates who have qualified these examinations are eligible for the fellowship as per the norms. Half- time Teaching and Research Assistantship (HTRA) is awarded to those full-time students who work for 8 hours per week.
IIT Palakkad Placements Report
Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad is one of the most eminent and reputed engineering colleges of the country located in Palakkad which was founded in the year 2015. The institute is known for excellent placement records in the past few years. According to the placement records, as notified by the placement cell of the institute, the placement recorded for the year 2019 is 83.11%.
- There were a total of 5 pre-placement offers and 7 multiple offers made in the institute.
- The highest CTC was made by Arista Networks which was worth INR 16.75 LPA.
- ITI Limited Bangalore is the company that made the maximum number of offers, with a total of 12.
- The average CTC for this session reached INR 8.44 LPA and the median salary was INR 8 LPA.
|Highest CTC Offered||INR 16.75 LPA|
|Average CTC Offered||INR 8.44 LPA|
|Median CTC Offered||INR 8 LPA|
|Salary range||INR 6 to 16.75 LPA|
|No. of students registered for placement||77|
|No. of offers||64|
|% of students placed||74.02|
|No. of PPO’s (pre-placement offers)||5|
Fee Structure For B.Tech at IIT Palakkad
Given below is the fee structure for B.Tech course offered by IIT Palakkad. The fee structure given below is applicable for General and OBC category students-
|One Time Fees||2,600|
Fee Structure for Students With Freeships
Given below are the total institute fee and hostel fee for students of SC/ST/PwD category, with and without scholarships.
|Category||Institute Fee||Hostel Fee|
|MCM & Institute Freeship||8200||25,300|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)|
|SC/ST w/o Scholarship|
|2/3rd Fee Remission (Gen-EWS)||41533||25,300|
|SC/ST with Scholarship||8200||2300|
- Hostel Charges include advance dining (mess) charges of INR 17000.
- Day Scholars have the option to let go of hostel charges. Their fee will be reduced accordingly.
- The fees are subject to revisions.
- SC/ST/PwD and Most EWS category students get full exemption from tuition fees.
- Other EWS category students (Annual Family Income b/w INR 1 to 5 LPA) get 2/3rd fee remission.
Also Check | IIT Kanpur: Cut Offs, Fees, Placements and More
IIT Palakkad FAQs
Ans. IIT Palakkad offers accommodation facilities to the students. The institute offers separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostels have tight 24/7 security and many other facilities.
Ans. Yes, IIT Palakkad offers scholarships to the students. Scholarships are offered to the undergraduate students based on their academic performance and also to students with weak financial backgrounds.
Ans. Admissions to B.Tech programs of IIT Palakkad will be done based on eligibility and selection criteria set by JoSAA. Students must be intermediate graduates with 75% marks with PCM or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination to pursue this course. Further admission is based on All India Ranks of JEE.
Ans. Yes, IIT Palakkad is a government college which has received the status of autonomous college by MHRD.