Home » Posts tagged 'IIT Madras Placements'
Tag Archives: IIT Madras Placements
Last updated on November 10th, 2020 at 05:47 pm
IIT Madras Placements have shown enormous growth in the last two years. IIT Madras is a renowned institute in India which is ranked 1st in the NIRF 2020 Engineering Rankings. Admission to the institute is provided based on JEE Main and JEE Advanced examinations.
- A total of 1276 students had registered for IIT Madras placements and a total of 872 students were placed in more than 200 top-notch MNCs.
- Along with the IIT Madras placements, the institute offers excellent internships too. Out of 537 students who registered for the IIT Madras internship programs, 345 were placed.
- Some of the top IIT Madras recruiters in the past years have been Google, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, Amazon, Axis Bank, JP Morgan, ZS Associates, Tata Consultancy Services, Flipkart, Gulf Oil Lubricants India Ltd etc..
- The highest number of students were recruited by the IT sector followed by the Analytics/Consulting/Finance sector.
Also, the highest CTC offered in the previous IIT Madras Placement session was INR 1.33 Crores per annum.
You Might Like
IIT Madras Placement Highlights 2020
|Total Companies Participated||246|
|Students Registered for Placement||1276|
|Total Students Placed||872|
|Average CTC||INR 16.1 LPA|
|Highest CTC||INR 133 LPA (1.33 crores)|
|Total Number of Internships Offered||376|
- SPA Bhopal Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- MNIT Jaipur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Rank
IIT Madras Placement Stats
IIT Madras Placements records for the previous years have been given below:
|Program||Percentage of Students Placed (2018-19)||Percentage of Students Placed (2017-18)|
|B.Tech + M.Tech||85||81|
- Benefits of Starting JEE Main Preparation Early
- JEE Main 2020 Study Material: Important books, Sample Papers
IIT Madras Placements Department-wise
IIT Madras offers the B.Tech and dual degree courses in specialisations like Computer Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
- In the year 2018-19, the maximum students were placed from the Computer Science and Engineering Department (90%), followed by Electrical Engineering (86%) and Engineering Design (83%).
- The table below shows the percentage of IIT Madras students placed department-wise for the session 2018-19:
|Department||Percentage of Students placed|
|Computer Science and Engineering||90|
- IIIT Sonepat: Admission via JEE Main, Cut Off, Courses, Facilities and More
- IIIT Tiruchirappalli: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
IIT Madras Placements: Top Recruiting Companies
Leading companies from India and abroad participate in the IIT Madras Placement process. For the year 2018-19, a total of 289 companies participated in the placements.
Some of the top recruiters in the past years have been mentioned in the table below:
|McKinsey & Company||Goldman Sachs||JP Morgan Chase|
|HSBC||BAIN & Company||Wells Fargo|
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
IIT Madras Summer Internships
Since 2015, IIT Madras has established its separate office for Internship activities. Students can get assistance and guidance from the Internship Cell, and get professional exposure at reputed companies. In the past 3 years, about 1200 students have been placed in around 160 organisations.
Companies like Microsoft, Google, American Express, Amazon, Axis Bank, Goldman Sachs, Wipro, JP Morgan, Intel and Barclays recruit students from IIT Madras for internship programs.
Candidates need to fill out registration forms, appear in written tests, group discussions and personal interviews in order to avail internships. The selected candidates are sent offer letters by the companies.
IIT Madras Internship Stats Over the Years
More than 150 companies have participated in the IIT Madras internship programs and more than 300 students were placed in the previous session from the B.Tech course.
Given below is the table is the data for the past two sessions of IIT Madras summer internships:
|Total Number of Internships Offered||376||382|
|Students Registered for Internships||537||632|
|Total Students Placed||345||359|
The Training and Placement Cell and the Internship Cell at IIT Madras offer vast opportunities and guidance to the students in the areas of employment. Students are assured high paying and secure jobs from the leading companies from India as well as abroad.
- Assam University: Admission Via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fees and More
- SPA Vijayawada: UG Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fees, Scholarships
IIT Madras Placements and Internship FAQs
Last updated on November 10th, 2020 at 05:14 pm
Ans: Students need to appear in the written tests, interviews and discussions that are conducted by the companies interested in recruitment. Based on their performance and other criteria, they would be sent offer letters if they are selected.
Last updated on November 10th, 2020 at 05:15 pm
Ans: Yes, the students pursuing dual degree at IIT Madras can take up internships at the end of the 4th year of their course.
Last updated on November 10th, 2020 at 05:16 pm
Ans: Yes, the interested students need to register themselves with the Placement Cell / Internship Cell in order to participate in IIT Madras placements or internships. They must stay updated with requirements and notices issued by the departments regarding these activities.
Last updated on November 10th, 2020 at 05:16 pm
Ans: For the 2018-19 session, 90% of the registered students from the Computer Science and Engineering Department had been successfully placed.
Last updated on November 10th, 2020 at 05:17 pm
Ans: The students interested in pursuing Internship programs would have to fill up and submit the Internship Registration Form by the companies. The selection process would include tests, group discussions, personal interviews etc. For further details and advice, they can contact the IIT Madras Internship Cell at IIT Madras.