Home » Posts tagged 'IIT Kanpur Recruitments'
Tag Archives: IIT Kanpur Recruitments
Last updated on November 10th, 2020 at 02:14 pm
IIT Kanpur Placements witnessed a sudden boom across all other IITs in phase-1 of the recruitment process in all the B.Tech courses. Being in the top engineering colleges at 4th NIRF 2020 Rank, IIT Kanpur not only outperformed its counterparts but also broke its own record of previous years.
- IIT Kanpur placements witnessed some excellent recruitments from different sectors including software and data profiles, core engineering profiles, database management etc.
- In placements, IIT Kanpur recorded a 15% overall increase this year. The dual degree holders have secured a majority of jobs as compared to the B.Tech students.
- A total of 1045 students participated in the placement drive. Students also received 2 PPO and 5 PPI from top-reputed companies.
- The highest salary offered at IIT Kanpur was INR 18.5 LPA whereas the median salary of INR 10 LPA offered to students.
- The top recruiters of IIT Kanpur are Microsoft, Google, Flipkart, Microsoft, IBM, Uber etc.
- NIT Trichy: Courses Offered, Admissions via JEE Main, Placements and More
- NIT Patna Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
IIT Kanpur Placement Highlights 2020
|Total Companies Participated||32|
|Students Registered for Placement||1045|
|Total Students Recruited||450|
|Highest CTC||INR 18.5 Lakhs per annum|
|Median CTC||INR 10 Lakhs per annum|
|Lowest CTC||INR 7.5 Lakhs per annum|
|Total Number of Internships Offered||349|
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Silchar: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, Scholarships and More
- NIT Rourkela Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
Top IIT Kanpur Recruiter- Department wise
IIT Kanpur placement details of B.Tech and dual degree courses are given in the table below. The various departments considered are Computer Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biological Sciences and Bioengineering, Civil Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering etc.
|Department||Total Percentage of Students placed|
- IIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B. Tech Admission 2020-21
List of Top Companies at IIT Kanpur
IIT Kanpur is well known for its highest placement percentage recorded amongst all IITs. There is a huge demand for IIT Kanpur graduates in the job market for their skills and qualifications. Here is the list of top recruiters of IIT Kanpur graduates:
|ICICI Bank||Ecom Express|
|HDFC Bank||Tres Vista|
|Oyo Rooms||Bajaj Automobiles|
- IIT Madras Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Fees and More
IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2020
With a year on year, the internship increase of 24% in stipend offered to the students. Student’s Placement Office facilitates internship opportunities for the students of IIT Kanpur.
- Interested students should register for a summer internship with SPO under either academic or corporate preference. However, registration with SPO doesn’t mean any guarantee of an internship.
- It is mandatory for students to attend the entire Summer Recruitment Process. If students fail to attend any one session, it will lead to disqualification of students from the selection process.
- Students have to apply for internships shortlisted by SPO, verify if they meet selection criteria and must make sure that they submit required documents prior deadlines.
- Internship priority is given to pre-final year students.
- Dual degree students can also apply for internship provided that they submit No Objection Certificate to SPO.
- B.Tech Students are eligible for the summer internship only in their 3rd year of graduation.
- NIT Manipur: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, and more
- IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Roorkee Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
IIT Kanpur Internship Stats over the years
In the year 2018-19, 48 recruiters participated in the internship drive and a total of 349 students secured summer internships.
- Around 132 students who secured internships through the Student Placement Office received pre-placement offers after completion of their internship period.
- The sectors that attract the majority of internships in order are Marketing, Analytics and Operations. Companies from different sectors like E-commerce, Media, Logistics, and Financial Services etc participate in the summer internships recruitment drive at IIT Kanpur.
- This year, new firms like Graviton, Jumio Japan, Quad eye Securities participated in the internship drive.
- The highest package of IIT Kanpur graduates selected under Summer Internship is INR 90,000.
- On average, students can get a salary of INR 51,600 in internships.
- IIIT Hyderabad: Admission via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
- IIITs in India: NIRF Ranking, Courses, Fees and More
IIT Kanpur Placements and Internship FAQs
Last updated on November 10th, 2020 at 01:08 pm
There are 2 ways to recruit IIT Kanpur students. Campus Recruitment Program is applicable only to final year students while Summer Internship Program is applicable for pre final year students.
Last updated on November 10th, 2020 at 01:09 pm
As per IIT Kanpur’s official website, the placement process usually takes place in the month of December every year.
Last updated on November 10th, 2020 at 01:11 pm
No. IIT Kanpur follows One Student, One Job policy to give equal job opportunities or every student. Thus, once a student is placed in one company, he/she is not eligible to sit for another company.
Last updated on November 10th, 2020 at 01:11 pm
No. Students need not pay any placement fee. All interested final year students can attend campus recruitment at IIT Kanpur for free.
Last updated on November 10th, 2020 at 01:12 pm
Every year, 200 plus companies participate in the recruitment drive and offer around 900 job offers to students across different courses. The placement ratio of IIT Kanpur is 80%.