Home » Posts tagged 'IIT Jammu internships'
Tag Archives: IIT Jammu internships
Last updated on November 18th, 2020 at 03:43 pm
IIT Jammu Placements cell is a distinctive department for turning academic students to think and work as professionals. Since the establishment of the IIT Jammu Placements cell in 2017, students are receiving explicit knowledge about the practical approach to a particular job required to be inherent while approaching for placement interviews.
- At IIT Jammu, students are trained not only with technical prospects but they are exposed to skills like leadership, communication, teamwork, work ethics, and giving back to the community and the society.
- Students are trained with workshops, expert lectures on various technical aspects with respect to academics.
- Candidates are prepared for tomorrow’s challenges on various technical aspects, and excellent and relevant training is given through projects, presentations, and technical talks.
To provide a professional approach at IIT Jammu Placements, a distinctive HR conclave and Industrial conclave are conducted every year.
- IIT Jammu 2020 Opening Ranks and Closing Ranks
- IIT Jammu B.Tech Fee Structure
- NIT Patna Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
IIT Jammu Placements Highlights 2020
|Total Companies Participated||30 (National & International)|
|Students Registered for Placement||112|
|Total Students Recruited||73|
|Average CTC||12.2 LPA|
|Highest CTC||40 LPA|
|CTC offered to CS candidates||17 LPA|
|Offers Received||70 Placement offers|
|Total Number of Internships Offered||72|
- University of Hyderabad Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- NIT Trichy: Courses, Admissions, Placements and More
- PEC Pondicherry: Admissions via JEE Main, Fees, Cut-Offs and more
IIT Jammu Placements Statistics
The first batch of the IIT Jammu registered immense chances with 70 placement offers in the distinctive sectors like private. Government, national, and international.
- From around 30 companies registered in the placement drive, Captury, DESAY S V Automotive, and Toppr were the firms offering high pay to the skilled candidates in the IIT Jammu placements drive.
- The career development centre at IIT Jammu made it possible for the students to receive national and international offers both for the placements and the relevant internship opportunities.
- Here are the details of the salaries offered by the companies in the IIT Jammu Placements drive.
- Highest Salary Offered – 40 LPA
- Average Salary Offered – 12.2 LPA
- Average Salary Offered to the Computer Science candidates – 17 LPA
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Durgapur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
IIT Jammu Placements Statistics – Department wise
|Department||Total Students Placed|
- IIIT Allahabad: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure, Courses and More
- IIIT Lucknow Cut Off for JEE Main
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
IIT Jammu Placements: List of Top Companies
Aspirants with the goal of getting placed in private sectors, government firms, academic institutions, or foreign firms have a great opportunity to avail of at IIT Jammu Placements cell. Here are some of the top IIT Jammu recruiters.
|DRDO||BSNL||Aira Matrix||JBM Group|
|Adani||Amazon||Coding Ninjas||Mojo Networks|
|Silver Touch||HIT Hyderabad||Allengers||HCC|
- SPA Bhopal Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- MNIT Jaipur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Rank
IIT Jammu Summer Internship
Students seeking summer internship opportunities must acknowledge the eligibility criteria for a specific company to opt for before the application procedure. The respective firm offering the internship may require a relevant field and an appropriate academic score of the recent semester examination solely.
- First of all, a candidate must shortlist the relevant companies which are providing internships in the specific field.
- Shortlist between the firms which are providing international, national internships.
- Check out the internship postings by the relevant firm along with the specified eligibility criteria.
- Get assistance from the IIT Jammu Placements and training centre for applying with the internship application.
- Along with the resume, attach the academic tasks, workshops certificates, project work you did while applying to a specific firm for internships.
IIT Jammu Internship Stats over the years
A total of 82 IIT Jammu internships were offered around the globe to over 112 students from the initiative of Career Development Center (CDC). The international firms which offered international internships to the IIT Jammu aspirants were Captury in Germany, kLens in Germany, The University of Padua in Italy, Singapore University of Technology and Design in Singapore, and the University of Auckland.
- The maximum stipend offered to the students with relevant eligibility criteria at the IIT Jammu Internship was 60k at various companies.
- Notable internship opportunities were observed in computer and electrical departments with 36% and 33% respectively. While mechanical and civil department ratio was 24% and 8% respectively.
- Private sector opportunities were remarkable in giving chance to freshers with 47% while the government sector gave 27% of the total opportunities. Moreover, the academic and foreign sectors also gave internship opportunities with 16% and 10% ration from the overall options.
- 76% of the students at IIT Jammu completed their internship at firms like Ericsson, ABB, TCS Research, LTI, Optum.
IIT Jammu Placements and Internship FAQs
Last updated on November 18th, 2020 at 02:32 pm
Ans: IIT Jammu Placements and Training cell at the campus is inclusive of the Career Development Center (CDC) whereby students are given all the relevant assistance. The official IIT Jammu Placements cell is engaged in inviting more numbers of companies including national, international, private, and government.
Last updated on November 18th, 2020 at 02:33 pm
Ans: Yes. There are distinctive hostels for male and female aspirants with all the required and appropriate facilities on-campus.
Last updated on November 18th, 2020 at 02:33 pm
Ans: Yes. 36 students from the subsequent batch were hired in the research-oriented projects at IIT Jammu.