Home » Posts tagged 'IIT Hyderabad Faculty'
Tag Archives: IIT Hyderabad Faculty
Last updated on January 16th, 2021 by user
IIT Hyderabad is an autonomous statutory organization and public technical and research university located in Sangareddy, Telangana, India. IITH is able to secure a position in the list of the top IITs due its research, academic strength, proximity, and publication to IT and industrial hubs of Hyderabad.
- Students are able to seek admission in IIT Hyderabad only through JEE Advanced.
- There are a total of 2700 students enrolled in the college currently, with 20% of the student population being female. IIT Hyderabad has 205 full-time excellent faculty members, with a teacher-student ratio of 1:14.
- IIT Hyderabad has also signed International MoUs with the University of Pittsburgh and Toshiba Memory Corporation, Japan.
- IIT Hyderabad campus has three academic buildings, hostels, dining facility, and sports facilities. The campus has been designed by renowned architect Prof. Christopher Benninger.
IIT Hyderabad Highlights
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech|
|Entrances Criteria||12th Marks + JEE Advanced Rank|
|Campus Area||576 acres|
IIT Hyderabad: B.Tech Admission via JEE Advanced
IIT Hyderabad provides various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Integrated, Doctoral and Dual programs across all disciplines in Engineering, Sciences, and Liberal Arts. The admission is provided for B.Tech in its ten different courses on the basis of JEE Advanced Result.
- The admission process for IIT Hyderabad is through JEE Advanced Counselling which is conducted by JoSSA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
Given below are the steps for admission into Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad through JEE Advanced-
- IIT Hyderabad finalizes JEE Advanced cut off for different specialization and then the merit list is published by JoSAA for each round of the JoSAA counselling.
- JoSAA conducts seven rounds of seat allocation for academic programs offered by participating institutes, including IIT Hyderabad.
- There are separate cut-offs for SC, ST, PwD and EWS category. Separate rank lists are released for their respective allotment.
- Once the seat is allotted to a candidate, he/she has to report to the college and pay the requisite admission fee. Due to COVID-19, this process might be conducted online by most of the top engineering colleges of India.
B.Tech Courses Offered at IIT Hyderabad
IIT Hyderabad provides admission for B.Tech in its ten different courses, based on JEE Advanced Cut Off. At the undergraduate level, the institute offers its B.Tech course under several specializations namely –
- Artificial Intelligence
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Science
- Material Science and Metallurgical Engineering
- Mathematics and Computing
- Mechanical Engineering
Furthermore, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad also provides B.Des degree with two specializations for four years and M.Sc, M.A, M.Tech, and M.Des degree at the PG level. The M.Tech program is offered by the institute under twenty specializations for two years.
- B.Tech Courses Offered at IIT BHU
- Advantages of Pursuing Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) in IIT Kharagpur
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Courses
Given below are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech and B.Des course admissions at IIT Hyderabad.
- For the B.Tech program, the candidates must possess a 10+2 qualification with a minimum of 75% marks with Physics, Chemistry, Maths as their subject of study.
- Also, students need to appear for both Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) – Main & JEE Advanced and meet the required JEE Advanced Cut Off.
- Admission to B.Des course will be granted on the basis of score obtained in the UCEED, and shortlisted candidates need to appear for DAT followed by an interview.
IIT Hyderabad Cut Off 2020 for Top B.Tech Courses
Last year’s JEE Advanced Cut Off for top B.Tech Courses at Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad is tabulated below. The IIT Hyderabad Cut off is for general category students-
|Computer Science and Engineering||584||1382|
|Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering||7886||12683|
|Mathematics and Computing||925||2072|
Study at IIT Hyderabad During COVID-19
- Online Classes:
- For the Jan-May 2020 semester, all ongoing courses of IITH were being offered online from 01.04.2020.
- An instructor of a course can use Google Hangouts/Cisco WebEx or any such online interactive platform to conduct online sessions.
- Govt Resources:
- Online platforms such as NPTEL, MIT OCW, etc. are suggested for the students to view and learn with tutorial sessions arranged in regular frequency to further dwell on the concepts and to clarify the doubts that students may have.
- All the faculty members have been asked to share the course presentations with students beforehand.
- Exams & Evaluations:
- The 1-4/3-4 segment exams were already successfully conducted online in the 1st week of April for the graduating batch of 2020.
- Other students who do not graduate in 2020 gave their final examinations or viva-voce or through presentations during the second and third weeks of July 2020, subject to further instruction from the Govt.
- These students were asked to interact with course instructors before the final examinations.
- Social and R&D Initiatives:
- Various initiatives have been taken amid the COVID-19 pandemic by the college authorities.
- Sanitizers, masks, UV-C based LED sanitizer, face shields & protective gears have been designed and produced at IIT Hyderabad’s lab and given to thousands of needy citizens.
Why Should You Choose IIT Hyderabad?
There are various reasons why one might want to go for other top-tier IITs of the country but not IIT Hyderabad. This ‘young IIT’ has been newly set up and many believe the infrastructure and faculty of this college is not highly experienced. This is definitely not the case. Let us check some points below-
- Top-Notch Research:
- A vibrant research culture, tie-ups with renowned multinational companies and leading academic institutions around the globe, highly qualified faculty, and a relentless pursuit of ambitious goals are some of the reasons why the Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) has stood high in the rankings this year.
- Higher Rankings:
- IIT Hyderabad came in at 8th place in NIRF Engineering Rankings for 2020.
- In overall rankings it has passed many top colleges with an overall rank of 17 by NIRF.
- QS World University Rankings 2021 has provided the ranking between 601-650 to IIT Hyderabad in overall university rankings.
- Overall Development:
- At IITH, students are given a plethora of choices, and they can diligently choose their desired course with the help of a faculty advisor.
- IIT Hyderabad started offering courses that are of smaller credits, called the ‘Fractal Academic Program’ from 2014-15 academic year.
- It is very carefully designed to keep the enthusiasm of the students intact and to keep in pace using a 42-hour short course to educate them in a phased manner.
- IIT Hyderabad has over 200 dynamic young faculty who work hard and take up challenges without the fear of failure, making IIT Hyderabad at the forefront of R&D innovations.
- A fantastic faculty to student ratio of 1:14 and a good mix of UG and PG programs with UG to PG to PhD ratio of 40:30:30 makes IITH an auspicious academic as well as a research center.
- While many might think why should hostel be a reason to study at a college but the hostel of IIT Hyderabad is one of the reasons why you would want to study here.
- The highly acclaimed Pune-based architect, Prof Christopher Benninger has designed the campus and hostel of IIT Hyderabad.
- Students get a stay of single-sharing i.e. one person per room.
- The buildings are highly energy-efficient, designed to sustain the weather conditions of the city.
IITH has established a highly flexible academic structure, a holistic educational ecosystem that offers interactive learning, cutting-edge research, strong industry collaboration, and entrepreneurship. It has an empowering environment wherein students and faculty are not afraid to translate their dreams into realities.
Latest JEE Main News
- “Classes for Engineering Courses to Start from 15 September”, Says AICTE Amid COVID-19 Surge
- JEE Main 2021 May Session Postponed, Education Minister Confirms; Check Details
- JEE Main April 2021 Postponed Amid Spike In COVID-19 Cases, New Dates 15 Days Prior To Exam
- AICTE Says PCM Not Mandatory For Engineering: Boon or Bane?
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
IIT Hyderabad Cut Off 2020 for B.Tech Specializations
Given below are closing ranks for gender-neutral candidates for various B.Tech Courses of IIT Hyderabad.
Computer Science and Engineering
Mathematics and Computing
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Faculty at IIT Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad currently has 222 well-qualified professors, assistant professors, and associate professors.
- The 218 members of the faculty got a Ph.D. degree from the top universities in their respective disciplines, and the remaining 4 are Masters of Design.
- Many faculty members are pursuing their research with scholars working under them.
- Faculty members are filled with a bunch of experiences and knowledge about current trends regarding respective fields.
- They all have separate teaching styles, and they always try their best efforts to make the concepts easy for the students.
- Most faculty members at IIT Hyderabad are available for their students to clear doubts and for consultation, even outside of the classroom and lectures.
- They are all extremely favourable toward students to clarify all their concepts; also, they follow interactive and unique methods in their classes to impart education to students.
Various Facilities Provided at IIT Hyderabad
The campus of IIT Hyderabad is scattered across a massive 576 acres area located in Kandi, Sangareddy. It is positioned at NH65 and resides near the outer Ring Road. The following facilities are offered by the institute to fulfil all the needs of the students:
- IIT Hyderabad has a well-equipped library with more than 20,000 books as well as 10,000 periodicals.
- It includes reference books as well as the ones for regular circulation.
- They also have a repository of a scholarly publication written by its faculty and students.
- IITH has more than 100 research labs on their campus.
- Every year they are in the pursuit of adding more and more equipment in these labs for performing advanced research, thereby promoting interdisciplinary research.
- Separate comfortable hostels are available for both boys and girls.
- The hostels are designed with radiant cooling techniques.
- Every student is provided with a semi-furnished single room with necessary infrastructures such as a bed, study table, and a cupboard.
- Transport Facilities:
- Bus service is available for its students, faculty, and staff.
- There are regular buses accessible from the nearest railway station to the campus and back.
- The schedule of the bus services can be found on IITH’s main website.
- IIT Hyderabad has a general dining facility available for its students, staff, and faculty.
- Both north Indian and south Indian foods are served in the dining hall.
- There is a regular inspection of the quality of food by the student representatives and the wardens.
IIT Hyderabad: Placement Report
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad witnessed a surge of domestic as well as International offers the previous year. The institute began its Phase-I Placements on December 1, 2020. Over 75% of the students have received placement offers in the 1st phase.
|No. of Students Registered||500|
|No. of Students Placed||206|
|Total No. of Recruiters Registered||116 (Phase 1)|
|No. of Recruiters Offering Placements||63|
|Total No. of PPOs/PPIs||46|
|Total No. of Offers||222|
|No. of International Offers||30|
Scholarships Offered by IIT Hyderabad
Various IIT Hyderabad scholarships are listed below:
- MCM Scholarship
- General and OBC students whose family gross income does not exceed INR 5,00,000/per annum are eligible for Merit-cum-Means Scholarship.
- The economically backward students who avail 2/3rd remission of the tuition fee will be eligible for 1/3rd reimbursement of tuition fee per semester and pocket money of INR 1000/- per month will also be given.
- Institute SC/ST Scholarship
- All SC and ST students whose family gross income does not exceed INR 6,00,000 per annum are eligible for Institute SC/ST Scholarship.
- Free messing and boarding service with pocket money of INR 250/month is provided to the needy students.
- Institute Free Studentship Scholarship
- For students whose parental income does not exceed INR 5 lacs (general category) and INR 8 Lakhs (OBC) are eligible for Institute free studentship scholarship.
- EWS category students (family income between INR 1 lac to 5 lacs) can get 1/3rd tuition fee reimbursement in addition to the 2/3rd tuition fee remission.
IIT Hyderabad Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
Given below is the IIT Hyderabad fees for B.Tech courses.
|Type of Fee||Amount (INR)|
|One Time Fee||6300|
|Security Deposits (Refundable Fee)||10500|
|Tuition Fee / Sem||100000*|
|Hostel Charges / Sem||5000*|
|Mess Charges / Sem||13000*|
- Medical Insurance Premium of INR 945 also has to be paid each year.
- SC/ST/PwD students are exempted from paying tuition fees all throughout their education at IIT Hyderabad.
- SC/ST students whose family income is less than INR 6 lacs/annum are also exempted from Hostel & Mess Charges. They get free boarding and mess facilities all throughout their education.
IIT Hyderabad FAQs
Ans. IIT Hyderabad is a better option for students. Firstly, IIT Hyderabad has secured a better rank (8th) than IIT Indore (13th), according to NIRF 2020. IITH is showing an exceptionally high growth rate as compared to the other IITs and other top engineering colleges in India. The placements records are outstanding, with the highest offer received at IIT Hyderabad by a student is INR 60.41 LPA.
Ans. IIT Hyderabad has a total of 317 seats in various B.Tech Specializations. These seats are allotted to students who have qualified JEE Advanced through JoSAA Counselling. Batch size for B.Tech courses is usually 40 to 50 with few courses having only 10 to 20 students.
Last updated on January 16th, 2021 by user
Ans. The lowest cut off rank (closing rank) as per JoSAA Counselling 2020 for B.Tech at IIT Hyderabad was 7886 for male candidates and 12683 for female candidates.
Ans. You can join IIT Hyderabad after qualifying JEE Advanced exam and ranking above a standard cut off rank. Along with this, you must score 75% aggregate or more in 12th boards to be eligible for IIT Hyderabad.
Ans. Fee for IIT Hyderabad is different from courses to courses. All B.Tech and B.Des courses cost approximately INR 1.05 lakhs / semester. However, tuition fees of INR 1 lac is exempted for SC/ST/PwD students. Some other additional fees are required at the time of admission.