Home » Posts tagged 'IIT Guwahati Fee Structure'
Tag Archives: IIT Guwahati Fee Structure
Last updated on August 20th, 2021
IIT Guwahati is an autonomous educational organization established in 1994. It is ranked 7th by NIRF 2020 Engineering Rankings. IIT Guwahati is one of the most popular Engineering Colleges in India. IIT Guwahati Fee Structure is almost similar to all other IITs.
- Admission to B.Tech courses at IIT Guwahati is conducted through JEE Advanced and JEE Main exams.
- IIT Guwahati fee structure is collected as a sum for the multifold facilities provided by the institution that include tuition fees, library and lab facilities, hostel deposits, etc.
- It is very important for the students to check the fee structure of the institution they are planning to study in.
- It is one of the important things in a student’s checklist before deciding on the institution they will pursue their education.
This article will take you through IIT Guwahati B.Tech fee structure in detail.
- IIT Bhubaneswar Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIIT Allahabad Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Patna Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IITs Vs NITs: What to Choose and How to Choose?
IIT Guwahati Fee Structure 2020-21 B.Tech
IIT Guwahati fee structure is more or less the same every semester. The authorities decide the fee structure for every year and update the same on the official website. The students are supposed to pay their fees once they confirm their admissions to the institute.
The detailed fee structure for IIT Guwahati is given below in the table:
|Description||Sem 1 (in ₹)||Sem 2 (in ₹)||Sem 3 (in ₹)||Sem 4 (in ₹)||Sem 5 (in ₹)||Sem 6 (in ₹)||Sem 7 (in ₹)||Sem 8 (in ₹)|
|Academic Facilities Fee||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500|
|Students’ Brotherhood Fund||50||50||50||50||50||50||50||50|
|Students’ Travel Assistance Fund||50||50||50||50||50||50||50||50|
|Hostel Seat Rent||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000|
|Electricity & Water Charges||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500|
|Total of Semester Fee||1,08,700||1,08,700||1,08,700||1,08,700||1,08,700||1,08,700||1,08,700||1,08,700|
|Total of Refundable Fee||6,000||6,000||6,000||6,000||6,000||6,000||6,000||6,000|
|Students’ Welfare Fund||200||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Identity Card Fee||100||100||100||100||100||100||100||100|
|Hostel Admission fee||400||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Total of One Time Fee||3,300||1,100||1,100||1,100||1,100||1,100||1,100||1,100|
|Hall Establishment Charge||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500|
|Hostel Overhead Charge||600||600||600||600||600||600||600||600|
|Total of Hall Fees||20,700||6,700||6,700||6,700||6,700||6,700||6,700||6,700|
- *The tuition fees for each semester is based on the caste and the economic category the student belongs to along with the provisions for a scholarship.
- There is NO tuition fee for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- 100% tuition fee waiver is provided for students, whose parent’s annual income is less than 1 L and, 2/3rd fee waiver for students with annual income between 1 to 5 L.
- IIIT Hyderabad Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
IIT Guwahati Fee Structure for International Students
IIT Guwahati welcomes students of all nationalities with open arms. The institute encourages students to pursue their education with commendable facilities and an extravagant faculty.
The fees for international students in IIT Guwahati is as follows.
|SAARC students||INR 1,99,530|
|Non-SAARC students||INR 3,49,530|
The students who are of a foreign nationality have to sign an agreement form that states that they are willing and capable of financing their tuition fees along with their travel expenses from their home country to Guwahati.
- IIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Hyderabad Fee Structure For B. Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Roorkee Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
IIT Guwahati Fee Structure: Scholarships and Fee Waivers
The recent hike in fees for the IITs has made it into the list of burdens for the parents and guardians of the students studying in the proud institutes.
The fees structure as well as the provisions for scholarships are revised regularly. Apart from providing full or partial fee waivers to eligible candidates, IIT Guwahati offers many scholarships to meritorious students. The applicants for a scholarship must check the official website for detailed information to avail of the best benefits.
The following are a few scholarships that IITG offers:
- National Talent Search Scholarship (NTS)
The students who were presented with the NTS scholarship for their 10+2 are provided the benefit of continuing the same for their undergraduate course. The students must submit the forms issued by NCERT to the academic section at the commence of every academic year.
- National Scholarships (All States)
This category of the scholarship is presented to the students by their home states. The applications for this category must be forwarded via IIT. Like most scholarships, the National Scholarship is also to be renewed annually. The students must also submit their progress report at the commence of each academic year.
- Central Scholarship for SC and ST students
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment issues this scholarship for students belonging to the SC and ST category. This is awarded to the top 10 SC students and 5 ST students based on their JEE scores. This is given on the condition that the income of the parents of the students must not exceed Rs. 2 lakhs per annum.
The scholarship contains a provision of Rs. 45,000 on account of personal payment compensation. The scholarship also provides a monthly living expense of Rs. 2,200 and an annual sum of Rs. 3,000 for books and stationery.
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to the students by the ministry of minority affairs. The students belong to the minority communities such as Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, and Parsis whose parent’s income is less than Rs. 2.5L per annum are eligible for this scholarship.
The amount will be sanctioned by the state government and 30% of the scholarships are reserved for girl students. The expenses include:
Maintenance: Rs. 10,000 for students staying in hostels and Rs. 5,000 for the others.
Reimbursement of the course fee: Rs. 20,000 or the actual fees depending on whichever is less.
- MHRD Scholarship
This is awarded to the single girl children. The criteria for the scholarship is decided and revised each year by the government of India. A payment of Rs. 40,000 per year is presented to the student.
- Aditya Birla Scholarship
The Aditya Birla group selects the top 20 students based on their JEE ranks. The selected few students are awarded a scholarship of Rs. 60,000 per year. This is renewable each year and is pertained to the norms fixed by the Aditya Birla group.
- Inspire Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded by the Department of Science and Technology of India. This category of the scholarship is only for the students who are admitted to the dual degree (B.S & M.S) and for a 5-year dual degree program (B.Tech & M.Tech). The scholarship amount is Rs. 60,000 per annum.
- IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Madras Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B. Tech Admission 2020-21
Latest JEE Main News
- Predict College or Courses Using Your JEE Main Rank
- JEE Main 2021 Result for Phase 4 Released, 18 Students Secured AIR 1
- JEE Advanced 2021 Registration Starts from September 15. Register Here
- JEE Advanced 2021: New Guidelines Released, Qualified Candidates Of Last Year Can Appear Without JEE Main 2021
How to Pay IIT Guwahati Fee?
The payment of fees for B.Tech IIT Guwahati can be done online.
The students may follow the instruction given below to successfully complete the payment of the fees.
- Go to the website https://www.iitg.ac.in/
- Click the link ‘Academic fee payment portal’ on the web page.
- Enter your roll number, date of birth, and verify the captcha that will present itself on the screen.
- Enter the amount that has to be paid. Do not forget to check the fee structure along with the other payments that you must make before you enter the amount on the tab.
- Select the mode of payment and verify the payment details that you have filled in. Click on the proceed tab to complete the process.
- Once the payment has been made, you will see a message on the screen indicating a successful transaction of the fees amount.
- If the transaction has failed and the money has been deducted from your bank account, please wait for 3 to 5 working days for the amount to be credited back to your account before you raise the issue.
- If the amount has not been credited back, then contact the accounts section at the institute using your Roll Number, Name, and Transaction ID.
- Because of the global COVID-19 pandemic, IIT Guwahati has moved classes from offline to online mode. Due to the change, IIT Guwahati revised the Fee structure for the academic year 2020-21. Likewise, students are not required to pay hostel fees, mess advance charges till the institute reopens.
- The above information is subject to changes by IIT Guwahati authorities. Candidates who wish to get detailed information and exact data on IIT Guwahati Fees Structure refer to the official college website.