Home » Posts tagged 'IIT Counselling'
Tag Archives: IIT Counselling
Last updated on November 23rd, 2020 at 12:35 pm
JoSAA Counselling 2020 Registrations have started on 6th October 2020. Joint Seat Allocation Authority (or JoSAA) is responsible for the counselling process for 23 IITs, 31 NITs, IIEST, 26 IIITs and 29 other GFTIs. Check Complete Schedule Here
Latest Updates on JoSAA Counselling 2020-
- CSAB 2020 Special Round 1 Counselling results have been declared at csab.nic.in.
- JoSAA Seat Allotment Round 6 results announced on 7th November 2020. Download Seat Allotment Letter
- CSAB 2020 Special Round instructions for JoSAA registered candidates have been released. Check here
- CSAB Special Round Counselling schedule has been released. Vacancies from JoSAA have put on display from 16th November 2020. Check Full Schedule
- Opening and Closing Ranks (2020) for Round 1 to Round 6 of JoSAA Counselling have been released on the official website. Check Here
- Recently, JoSAA 2020 has released an updated set of instructions on online verification, reporting and responding to queries. Check here
- Candidates who qualified JEE Main or JEE Advanced are eligible to take part in the counselling process.
- Students who want to participate in JoSAA 2020 Counselling have to register online for the same using their JEE Main 2020 Application Number, Password for JEE Main/JEE Advanced and a security pin (captcha).
What is JoSAA Counselling 2020?
The Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) established the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) in 2016.
- It was established so that managing, conducting the counselling and allocation of seats to the eligible candidates for JEE Main and JEE Advanced can be streamlined.
- So, JoSAA helps the qualifying candidates for allotment of the seats to get admissions in the JoSAA participating institutes including IITs, NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs. Check 2020-21 Official List
- Currently, 110 colleges will take part in the JoSAA Counselling 2020.
- Hence, JoSAA Counselling 2020 streamlines the seat allotment process for admissions to more than 30,000 undergraduate engineering seats.
- Finally, the eligible students who meet the JoSAA counselling eligibility criteria get seats based on their category after payment of JoSAA Counselling Fees.
According to IIT Delhi Director, for 2020 admissions IITs will have a total intake of 16053 seats.
— V.Ramgopal Rao (@ramgopal_rao) October 5, 2020
- Detailed JEE Main Counselling 2020 Process
- Qualifying JEE Main Cut Off for JoSAA Counselling (Released)
- NTA JEE Main Paper 1 Results (April / September Session)
JoSAA Counselling 2020 Dates
The schedule for the JoSAA Counselling 2020 is tabulated below:
|Event||Date and Time|
|JoSAA 2020 Registration & Choice Filling Starts||6 Oct 2020; 10:00 (Commenced)|
|AAT-specific choices starting from||11 Oct 2020; 10:00|
|Mock Seat Allocation -1||12 Oct 2020; 10:00|
|Mock Seat Allocation -2||14 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Registration/Choice Filling End Date||15 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Reconciliation of data, verification and validation of allocated seats||16 Oct 2020; 10:00|
|Seat Allocation Round 1||17 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Online Reporting||17-19 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 1)||20 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Display of seats filled/ availability status||21 Oct 2020; 10:00|
|Seat Allocation Round 2||21 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Online Reporting||22-23 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 2)||24 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Withdrawal of seat from seat allocation process (Round 2)||22-24 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Display of seats filled/ availability status||26 Oct 2020; 10:00|
|Seat Allocation Round 3||26 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Online Reporting||27-28 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 3)||29 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Withdrawal of seat from seat allocation process (Round 3)||27-29 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||30 Oct 2020; 10:00|
|Seat Allocation Round 4||30 Oct 2020; 17:00|
|Online Reporting||31 Oct – 1 Nov 2020; 17:00|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 4)||2 Nov 2020; 17:00|
|Withdrawal of seat / Exit from seat allocation process (Round 4)||31 Oct – 2 Nov 2020; 17:00|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||3 Nov 2020; 10:00|
|Seat Allocation Round 5||3 Nov 2020; 17:00|
|Online Reporting||4-5 Nov 2020; 17:00|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 5)||6 Nov 2020; 17:00|
|Notification of the decision on seat confirmation for Round 5||6 Nov 2020; 20:00|
|Withdrawal of seat / Exit from the seat allocation process
Last round for seat withdrawal / Exit option (Round 5)
|4-6 Nov 2020; 24:00|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||7 Nov 2020; 10:00|
|Seat Allocation Round 6 (FINAL ROUND for IITs)||7 Nov 2020; 17:00|
|Online reporting (For IITs only)||8 Nov 2020; 17:00|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 6) (FINAL ROUND for IITs)||9 Nov 2020; 17:00|
|Admission Process||9 – 13 Nov 2020 (for NIT+ system); 17:00|
JoSAA Cut Off Ranks 2020 (Updated)
Candidates can download JoSAA Counselling 2020 Opening – Closing Ranks for various rounds below-
|JoSAA Counselling Rounds||IITs Cut Off (OR-CR)||NITs Cut Off (OR-CR)||IIITs Cut Off (OR-CR)||GFTIs Cut Off (OR-CR)|
JoSAA 2020 Reporting Centers
- The candidates can only become a part of JoSAA 2020 Counselling if they have cleared the exam.
- Also, their name must be mentioned in the All India Rank list.
- So, to get admissions, the students have to attend the JoSAA counselling 2020.
- But, if they don’t attend the JoSAA counselling, their admission is automatically cancelled.
- Most importantly, the candidates have to visit the reporting centre on time. They must carry all of the important documents including JEE Main Admit Card.
List of all reporting centres in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs for JoSAA 2020-
Note: This list is subject to change.
Also Read | Top NITs and Expected Cut Offs 2020
How does JoSAA 2020 Counselling work?
- The applicants qualifying JEE Main or JEE Advanced will be allowed to take part in the JoSAA Counselling 2020.
- First, the candidates need to visit the official website online for JoSAA 2020 Registration.
- After that, they must choose their preferred JoSAA colleges and courses from the mentioned list available.
- Further, the JoSAA 2020 Counselling schedule will be mentioned on the official website post the results of JEE Main 2020.
- Finally, the seats are allocated based on the applicant’s ranking (AIR), category, availability of seats besides considering other factors as well.
- JoSAA 2020 Cut Off Ranking, Opening and Closing Ranks are released after counselling ends. Candidates can check JoSAA Counselling 2019 Cut Off for colleges to get an idea of expected cut off.
Also Read | CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling
- The entire allocation process will be done online.
- And, once the seats have been allocated to the students, they need to get the documents verified and pay the fee at the allotted college.
- This is required to confirm their admission.
- The JoSAA counselling 2020 and seat allotment process are anticipated to be held from the end of September 2020.
JoSAA 2020 Counselling Procedure
- The candidates have to adhere to the JoSAA 2020 procedure as per schedule.
- Besides, the entire JoSAA counselling process has been divided into various steps.
- To begin with, you first need to visit the official website of JoSAA Counselling- josaa.nic.in 2020.
- Filling the choices online –
- The candidates have to log in to the JoSAA Counselling 2020 portal by filling their roll number and password.
- Then, the candidates need to fill the choices in the prescribed section and lock their preferences as per the prescribed dates.
- This is one of the most important steps in JoSAA Counselling 2020.
- So, the candidates must not forget to lock their filled choices before submitting.
- Besides, in case someone forgets to lock their choices, the last saved choices will be saved automatically.
- Provisional Offer of Seats & Confirmation–
- The candidates can check provisional seat allotment by visiting the website of JoSAA Counselling 2020 on the date specified in the schedule.
- And, once the seat has been allotted to the candidates, they have to download the provisional seat allocation letter.
- Also, they have to pay the seat acceptance fee or JoSAA Counselling Fee.
- To sum up, the candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories have to pay INR 15,000.
- While the students belonging to other categories need to pay INR 35,000.
- The payments can be made through SBI net banking or e-challan.
Also Check | GFTIs in India and Expected Cut Off 2020
Reporting To College
- Document Verification-
- Once the students have accepted the seat, they have to appear at the reporting centre for getting the verification process done of the documents.
- Moreover, the candidates must report the centre at the mentioned date & time.
- Most importantly, the candidates must not forget to carry their original documents along with the photocopies as well.
- Failing to provide the same can result in the cancellation of the seats.
- The students who have selected float options can get a better seat in the next JoSAA counselling rounds. So, they have to report again with the documents for the verification process.
Documents Required For Admissions
|S. No.||NITs, IIITs and GFTIs||IITs|
|1.||3 passport-sized photographs, identical to the ones uploaded during JEE Main.||2 passport-sized photographs, identical to the ones uploaded during JEE Main/ Advanced|
|2.||Class XII performance check||Class XII performance check|
|3.||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter|
|4.||Undertaking by the Candidate||Undertaking by the Candidate|
|5.||Proof of seat acceptance fee payment||Proof of seat acceptance fee payment|
|6.||Photo Identification Card (issued by Govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class 12 Admit Card)||Photo Identification Card (issued by Govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class 12 Admit Card)|
|7.||JEE Main 2020 Admit Card||JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card|
|8.||JEE Main 2020 Scorecard||Proof of Date of Birth (Class X Marksheet)|
|9.||Proof of Date of Birth (Class X Marksheet)||Class XII or any equivalent marksheet|
|10.||Class XII or any equivalent marksheet||Medical Certificate|
|11.||Medical Certificate||Category Certificate|
|12.||Category Certificate||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD), if applicable.|
|13.||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD), if applicable.||Passport for foreign nationals, OCI Certificate or PIO Card|
|14.||OCI Certificate or PIO Card||DS Certificate, if applicable|
|15.||JoSAA 2020 Candidate Registration and Choice Filling||JoSAA 2020 Registration-cum-locked Choices for seat allotment.|
- Reporting at the Admitting Institution-
- Finally, post the completion of all these processes, the candidates must report at the allotted JoSAA colleges.
- This is required so that further formalities related to the admission procedure can be completed.
Options on Seats Allotted in JoSAA Counselling 2020
There are some other options available for the students as well which include Freeze, Float, and Slide Options in JoSAA Counselling 2020-
- Firstly, the freezing option, for those individuals who accept the allotted seats and don’t want to take part in the next counselling rounds.
- Second, the floating option will be accepted by the students who accept the allotted seats but wish to get admission to a better preference.
- Finally, the sliding option will be chosen by those candidates who accept the allotted seats. But, seeking admission to an academic program of better preferences within the same JoSAA colleges or institution.
- The candidates are allowed to make amendments in this process.
- Hence, they can change from floating to sliding to freezing by mentioning about the same at the reporting centre.
- Moreover, the slide and float option will be offered to those candidates only who have not been given admission to their first preference.
However, no candidate can make changes in the last round of seat allocation.
- In case, the candidates don’t get a seat in the first round, then they are suggested to wait for the subsequent rounds. Because changes happen in the second round.
- For instance, the students who want to get admissions in other colleges might back out from certain colleges in JoSAA Counselling.
Difference between JoSAA and CSAB
Some of the differences between JoSAA and CSAB are listed below:
- JoSAA conducts the admission process for IITs, NITs and other colleges while CSAB conducts some special rounds to fill up the vacant seats for NITs, IIITs and various other colleges.
- CSAB does not conduct the admission process for IITs.
- In case you are not allotted any seat through JoSAA then you can switch to CSAB.
- If you already have a seat then also you can apply for CSAB special rounds as there are chances that you can secure a better branch.
Also Read | CSAB SFTI 2020 Counselling
JEE JoSAA Counselling – Spot Round
- Spot rounds are held when there are any leftover seats even after the multiple JoSAA counselling rounds.
- However, the students must not rely on it by seeing the cutoffs of the spot round as this round takes place very late.
- Moreover, there is not any assurance whether this round will take place or not.
- So, the candidates who have taken admission and want to opt for sliding later can sit for the spot round.
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
How to withdraw a seat in JoSAA Counselling?
- The students who have accepted the seat before but now want to withdraw that seat are allowed to do so.
- So, first, the candidates must fill their bank account details.
- After that, upload an image of a cancelled cheque in jpg format.
- Finally, download the withdrawal request letter.
- In the end, the candidates will have to appear at the reporting centre.
- Certainly, they must carry the withdrawal request letter duly signed by them and their parents.
Also Check | Alternative Career Options Other Than JEE Main
NOTE: The candidates selecting the withdrawal option cannot take part in further JoSAA counselling rounds. They will get a refund after a deduction of INR 1000 as processing charges.
JoSAA Counselling 2019 Cut Off
Given below are some of the top NITs and IITs Cut Off Ranks (Opening and Closing) from JoSAA Counselling 2019 Cut Off-
Answer: Mock allotment is conducted before the actual seat allotment process. It helps the candidates to know their chances of getting their desired colleges according to their ranks and preferences.
Answer: JoSAA counselling 2020 will be conducted in 7 rounds till November 2020.
Answer: You will have to log in using your JEE Main/ JEE Advanced Application Number and Password on the official website of JoSAA counselling registration page and fill the JoSAA counselling 2020 application.